1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,679 Times in 16,485 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 585 Times in 561 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    I was kidding about the Kevlar.
    Do you normally have death fantasies about people you don't know, and have never met?

As for the Great White, the scientist in me believes it is a seriously misunderstood creature, and the threat to humans vastly over hyped. I don't even think the word "attack" is appropriate in the context of the Great White. Its behavior towards humans is not apparently predatory, since they don't even eat humans after biting them. Reasonable precautions, and rudimentary knowledge of Great White behavior should be enough to reduce any risk to virtually zero.

When you really think about it, this fish is a fantastic animal!

Only a select few. Great Whites are magnificent. And completely misunderstood by many as are most sharks. Swim and dive with them a lot. Generally a shark is more afraid of you than the other way way around.

2. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,145 Times in 10,539 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,987 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sailor View Post
    Only a select few. Great Whites are magnificent. And completely misunderstood by many as are most sharks. Swim and dive with them a lot. Generally a shark is more afraid of you than the other way way around.
    Bullshit

3. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    ThnX...

LOL, I hear yea, I've taken way to many risks(stupid ones) & prefer to play it mostly safe now.. This trip won't be anything scary..

Yea I've looked @ the area on google maps & it looks like a giant sponge, thousands & thousands of small lakes~opposite of here..

I do bays, sloughs like Drakes bay, Tomalas bay, Moss landing/Monterey bay, Santa Cruz but I avoid the open ocean.. I have friends that fish in kayaks out of Bodega bay which is part of the great white triangle from there to the Farallon Islands down to Monterey bay...

Amazing how many kayaks get hit in that area... But IMHO pulling in a distressed fish is like a lure to them.. ALthough most likely the worse you'll get is your fish stolen by a sea lion before you can net it..

The sea lions are very stressed as well & I see many of them 50-75 miles inland following up the stripers & salmon & they will take ever fish caught..
    I was recently kayaking in the Russian and a seal was chowing down on a bunch of small mouths and carps. He made fishing look ez.

4. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Micawber View Post
    Bullshit
    You posting? Yes, that is all you know to do. That therapist is finally working out for you huh?

5. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I was recently kayaking in the Russian and a seal was chowing down on a bunch of small mouths and carps. He made fishing look ez.
    Translation: I saw a seal while blowing some dude for a cup of coffee in the bushes.

6. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

The preceding exceedingly stupid liar is on my ignore list.

7. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

The preceding exceedingly stupid liar is on my ignore list.
    Truth hurts the idiot. Then his French heritage kicks in, piss himself, run away.

8. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,196 Times in 3,829 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 261 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

LOL, yea they do, & make it look fun too..........

A couple years ago @ a place I go to all the time there was one otter wrestling a huge carp, prob 3X his size & he just couldn't get a good hold of him.. He didn't care I was watching him..... A week later I came back & there they were again, no shit... I doubt he ever got that huge fish...
    I had one get aggressive, a mom w/ three kits.. She blocked my path & so I ended up having to go another 1/2 mile on a 14 mile paddle...

I didn't wanna bash her w/ the paddle in front of the kits.

Seals, those harbor seals are coming way inland now, along w/ sea lions.. I saw some harbor seals in the delta, just outside stockton, prob 50 miles from the bay & almost 100 to the gate...... Slim pickins in the ocean now, hopefully this winter will be better for the fish~them
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

9. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,051 Times in 26,519 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,742 Times in 4,521 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    You fight bears very often??

He is totally correct.. One of the ppl I hiked w/ on Saturday was up there last month & he likes to hike a lot.. He said there were several attacks when he was there & he & a friend of his came quite uncomfortably close to a few...

These where also in areas his friend was familiar w/ & had never seen them in that area before...
    NostraDA is just a troll!

10. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Anyone hiked mt Whitney??
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

11. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I am considering doing it @ the end of the month

Couple days to acclimate (hight 14,505 ft) then up mid week..

12. #42 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Anyone did Mt Dana??

I did 13,000+ on Saturday~ Mt Dana @ the east entrance to Yosemite... Kinda grueling towards the top & the trail was covered in a few large snow fields so we had to scramble over some large rocks & boulders around it... Beautiful @ the top, great views of Yosemite valley, Mono lake etc...... 44 photo (upper right corner link)

Valley floor was about 70 something but up top wind blowing 10-15 for a while @ mid to lower 50's......

13. #43 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,394 Times in 5,099 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 908 Times in 849 Posts
    Blog Entries

So Bill lied, I never said I hiked Mt. Whitney.

14. #44 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Yaya View Post
    So Bill lied, I never said I hiked Mt. Whitney.
    Idiot, I asked you if you did.... As you claimed to have climbed El Cap in two hours..........

15. #45 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,394 Times in 5,099 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 908 Times in 849 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Yaya View Post
    Oh yeah, true story. You see, I am immortal, you are the first I am telling this to. I trust you will keep this secret.
    Dummy