Thread: Krauthammer: "Bungled collusion is stilll collusion."

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,392 Times in 881 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 36 Times in 36 Posts

Default Krauthammer: "Bungled collusion is stilll collusion."

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefi...till-collusion

Conservative commentator Charles Krauthammer says recent revelations make it abundantly clear that the Trump campaign sought to collude with Moscow amid last year's election.

"The evidence is now shown," Krauthammer wrote in a Thursday column in The Washington Post. "This is not hearsay, not fake news, not unsourced leaks. This is an email chain released by Donald Trump Jr. himself. A British go-between writes that there’s a Russian government effort to help Trump Sr. win the election, and as part of that effort he proposes a meeting with a 'Russian government attorney' possessing damaging information on Hillary Clinton."

Krauthammer said the meetings between Trump associates and Russian officials, some of which were casual encounters in large groups such as Republican National Convention, were circumstantial evidence at best but failed at first to point to any real crime.

He called defense of the "incompetent collusion" pathetic, saying that "Trump apologists" have been maintaining for six months that no collusion ever happened and then once evidence surfaced they began saying, "Sure it happened. So what? Everyone does it."

"It turned out to be incompetent collusion, amateur collusion, comically failed collusion," Krauthammer said. "That does not erase the fact that three top Trump campaign officials were ready to play. It may turn out that they did later collaborate more fruitfully. We don’t know. But even if nothing else is found, the evidence is damning."

The newly revealed emails showing Trump Jr. setting up a meeting with a Russian lawyer are what changed his view of Trump's team amid probes into possible ties between his campaign and Russia, Krauthammer said Tuesday on Fox News.

"I defended them, because up until today there was no 'there' there," he said. "Well now there is a 'there.'"

Krauthammer also recently broke with Trump's attack of "Morning Joe" host Mika Brzezinski's physical appearance, criticizing the tweets on Fox News saying, "presidents don’t talk like this."
    Conservative hero, Charles Krauthammer, admits that Trump colluded with Russia.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Amadeus For This Post:

Bill (07-14-2017), evince (07-14-2017), midcan5 (07-14-2017), Nomad (07-14-2017), Phantasmal (07-14-2017)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,362 Times in 14,089 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

he's a conservative hero?

I know he's an influential conservative no question but hero? That's new to me.

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,041 Times in 13,848 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,042 Times in 2,838 Posts

Get ready, now your going to get a barrage of comments that he is not a conservative and always hated Trump

Note few though will address the content of the article

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to archives For This Post:

evince (07-14-2017), Phantasmal (07-14-2017)

6. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,294 Times in 8,007 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,132 Times in 1,059 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post

From your perspective .. why didn't Trump Jr contact the FBI when he was contacted by a foreign agent?
    AMERICAN HISTORY ITSELF IS A TESTAMENT TO THE STRENGTH AND RESILIENCE OF AFRICAN PEOPLE. WE, ALONG WITH THE COURGE AND SACRIFICES OF CONSCIOUS WHITE AMERICANS, LIKE VIOLA LIUZZO, EVERETT DIRKSEN, AND MANY OTHERS, HAVE FOUGHT AND DIED TOGETHER FOR OUR FREEDOM, AND FOR OUR SURVIVAL.

In America, rights are are not determined by what is just, fair, equitable, honest, nor by what Jesus would do. Rights are determined ONLY by what you can DEMAND.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to blackascoal For This Post:

Bill (07-14-2017), evince (07-14-2017)

8. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,579 Times in 15,814 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,951 Times in 1,862 Posts

he's always been a #neverTrump.
    The term collusion means more then taking a meeting -it implies a conspiracy -or at least cooperation on a common goal.
    And that means some kind of quid pro quo, not just I'll show you my work.

Krauthammer is desperate not to be in a position to upend his long term hostility to Trump

9. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,041 Times in 13,848 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,042 Times in 2,838 Posts

Pretty much was his role on O'Rielly, the supposed intellectual conservative view

He is a conservative author, used to be better before his marriage with Fox, but often offers some interesting perspectives, then again, I like Brooks and Will, can take Lowrey, which I'm sure some comservatives are going to tell me aren't conservative

10. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,388 Times in 7,999 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 809 Times in 761 Posts

He's spot on.

One of the excuses we've heard since this came to light is 'well, Jr. didn't follow through w/ the collusion.'

Laughable.

11. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by anatta View Post
    he's always been a #neverTrump.
    The term collusion means more then taking a meeting -it implies a conspiracy -or at least cooperation on a common goal.
    And that means some kind of quid pro quo, not just I'll show you my work.

Krauthammer is desperate not to be in a position to upend his long term hostility to Trump
    What are you going to do when Tucker Carlson bails on Trump? He inevitably will, because he's a punk who bailed on the neocons.

12. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,362 Times in 14,089 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by blackascoal View Post
    From your perspective .. why didn't Trump Jr contact the FBI when he was contacted by a foreign agent?
    because he's a Trump and he's out for himself and they don't have a sense of country pride that would prevent them from meeting with someone like this

13. The Following User Says Thank You to cawacko For This Post:

blackascoal (07-14-2017)

14. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,229 Times in 809 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 176 Times in 163 Posts

Does collusion matter given all the evidence that Trump and Family are in this for the fame and mostly money. The presidency is now a real estate venture, the speeches are only to mollify the followers and give them an empty bag filled they think with promises kept. Even the wall is out already.

"What is patriotism? Let us begin with what patriotism is not. It is not patriotic to dodge the draft and to mock war heroes and their families. It is not patriotic to discriminate against active-duty members of the armed forces in one's companies, or to campaign to keep disabled veterans away from one's property. It is not patriotic to compare one's search for sexual partners in New York with the military service in Vietnam that one has dodged. It is not patriotic to avoid paying taxes, especially when American working families do pay. It is not patriotic to ask those working, taxpaying American families to finance one's own presidential campaign, and then to spend their contributions in one's own companies. It is not patriotic to admire foreign dictators. It is not patriotic to cultivate a relationship with Muammar Gaddafi; or to say that Bashar al-Assad and Vladimir Putin are superior leaders. It is not patriotic to call upon Russia to intervene in an American presidential election. It is not patriotic to cite Russian propaganda at rallies."

"...The point is not that Russia and America must be enemies. The point is that patriotism involves serving your own country."

Page 112 'On Tyranny: Twenty Lessons from the Twentieth Century' by Timothy Snyder
    Wanna make America great, buy American owned, made in the USA, we do. AF Veteran, INFJ-A, I am not PC.

"I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it." Voltaire

15. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus View Post
    What are you going to do when Tucker Carlson bails on Trump? He inevitably will, because he's a punk who bailed on the neocons.
    WTF do I care about Tucker Carlson long term? He's got the Russiaphobes pegged to a T - he's useful here.
    I'm not his fan, I post because he's correct on this,and he's about the only person thinking outside the constrained box of Russiaphobia

16. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by anatta View Post
    WTF do I care about Tucker Carlson long term? He's got the Russiaphobes pegged to a T - he's useful here.
    Hey, at least you're honest that you're using people like Trump and Carlson to peddle your pro-Putin agenda.

17. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus View Post
    Hey, at least you're honest that you're using people like Trump and Carlson to peddle your pro-Putin agenda.
    The agenda is realpolitik

18. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Thing1 View Post
    He's spot on.

One of the excuses we've heard since this came to light is 'well, Jr. didn't follow through w/ the collusion.'

Laughable.
    The problem is the collusion was laughable lol.

Even Krauthammer mocked it. And it's equally laughable that, after all the turning-up-every-stone to look for collusion, all the democrats have to show is Junior's amateurish attempt at it.

It's a joke.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Darth Omar For This Post:

anatta (07-14-2017)

20. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,503 Times in 27,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 19,565 Times in 18,156 Posts
    Blog Entries

so you are still on the trump train

it will be fun to rub your nose in this later