Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Breitbart editor says Trump Jr's Russia meeting ‘is straight up collusion’ in private

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,196 Times in 3,829 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 261 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Cool Breitbart editor says Trump Jr's Russia meeting ‘is straight up collusion’ in private

Breitbart editor says Donald Trump Jr's Russia meeting ‘is straight up collusion’ in private chat

A Breitbart editor has suggested Donald Trump Jr’s Russia emails amount to “straight up collusion”.

Raheem Kassam, the editor-in-chief of Breitbart London, is said to have made the remarks during an exchange on the far-right publication’s internal messaging application Slack.

According to a transcript of the conversation obtained by CNN, Kassam said: “So like, this is straight up collusion. Right?”

Minutes before the President’s oldest son had disclosed an email exchange on Twitter from June 2016. It showed his communication with an associate trying to arrange a meeting with a Russian lawyer claiming to have information that could damage Hillary Clinton’s campaign.

The intermediary describes the “high level and sensitive information” as “part of Russia and it’s government’s support for Mr Trump” – following months of denials by the Kremlin and White House over alleged interference in the election.

“I love it,” the younger Trump responded, setting up a meeting that later took place at Trump Tower in New York, on 9 June last year.

Kassam, a former chief advisor to Nigel Farage, told The Independent his private remark was taken out of context.

“The slack message was not a statement that I was making. It was taken out of context by Oliver Darcy [the CNN journalist]."

He added: "If I were to say the comment to you over the phone, it would be in a sarcastic tone posed as a question, but he wanted to read into it what he could.”

Kassam challenged Ukip's November 2016 leadership election before dropping out of the race at the end of October.

His campaign slogan "make Ukip great again" took inspiration from President Trump. Kassam has previously labelled his movement as "Faragist" and joked that he was the ”Faragest of the Faragists“.

Kassam joined Breitbart as managing editor when conservative columnist James Delingpole set up the British post of the conservative publication in 2014.

Steve Bannon, White House Chief Strategist and the former executive chairman of the site, declared Breitbart "the platform for the alt-right” - a political movement which has been accused of racism, antisemitism and misogyny - after taking the reins around four years ago.

Bannon transformed the agenda from ultra-conservatism to anti-establishment, anti-immigrant, nationalist and unabashedly pro-Trump during the presidential election. It is now the most widely-read Conservative site in the US and has been dubbed “Trumpbart”. The President gave numerous interviews to the site in the build-up to the election, boosting its traffic to a 124 per cent spike in 2016.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a7837641.html
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,336 Times in 22,665 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,239 Times in 2,979 Posts
    Blog Entries

Raheem Kassam says so; well, there you have it from the intellectually challenged left!

Thread translation:

"When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

A lie doesn't become the truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it is accepted by a majority.
    Author: Booker T. Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Unless you just can't stand the idea of "ni**ers" teaching white kids.

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    Address the topic, not other posters.

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,579 Times in 15,814 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,951 Times in 1,862 Posts

“The slack message was not a statement that I was making. It was taken out of context by Oliver Darcy [the CNN journalist]."

He added: "If I were to say the comment to you over the phone, it would be in a sarcastic tone posed as a question, but he wanted to read into it what he could.”
    CNN fake news

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to anatta For This Post:

cancel2 2022 (07-13-2017), Pappy Jones (07-13-2017), Stretch (07-13-2017)

5. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,051 Times in 26,519 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,742 Times in 4,521 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by anatta View Post
    CNN fake news
    Those fuckers never give up, do they?

Sent from my Lenovo K6 Note

6. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 11 Times in 10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Corazón View Post
    Those fuckers never give up, do they?

Sent from my Lenovo K6 Note
    They can't afford to, they are all so out of whack and excuses for losing they let their trump card out of the bag too early (no pun intended), I'm sure they were holding the Jr thing back in case he would run for an office in the future. Last ditch effort until they can come up with some other claim to try to bring down the administration?

7. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,051 Times in 26,519 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,742 Times in 4,521 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pappy Jones View Post
    They can't afford to, they are all so out of whack and excuses for losing they let their trump card out of the bag too early (no pun intended), I'm sure they were holding the Jr thing back in case he would run for an office in the future. Last ditch effort until they can come up with some other claim to try to bring down the administration?
    It truly baffles me how anything ever gets done, surely the Founding Fathers never thought this is how it would end up?

8. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

Bingo.

By now Trump needs to assume his enemy is holding cards on him. They probably knew about the kinda-sorta collusion for some time but didn't play the card until it was most expedient.

Which is actually telling, it means they don't have the Smoking Gun, since it would have come out by now. We are nine months into Russia mania, with multiple investigations---and still no real evidence that Trump colluded with Russians in the election.

They either can't accept it's a myth, or they realize it but see it as their best card to play in support of The Resistance.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Darth Omar For This Post:

anatta (07-13-2017)

10. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,793 Times in 32,156 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Bill was sure stupid to start THIS thread........

11. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    Bill was sure stupid to start THIS thread........
    & you are stupid for bumping it...

Must be bored today, you should be looking for work........
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

12. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,503 Times in 27,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 19,565 Times in 18,156 Posts
    Blog Entries

13. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    & you are stupid for bumping it...

Must be bored today, you should be looking for work........
    I'm trying to cut back.......the government is earning too much from me......

14. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    I'm trying to cut back.......the government is earning too much from me......
    Dude, there is hungry kids in detroit counting on you.......

15. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    Dude, there is hungry kids in detroit counting on you.......
    tell them to go back to Costa Rica.......

16. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,041 Times in 13,848 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,042 Times in 2,838 Posts

"I'm sure," that was your first mistake, and your, conservatives, need to keep referring back to the election and their Hillary phobia proves the desperation.

Let me help you out, nobody cares about Hillary, nobody cares about the election, it is all the Don's show now, and he ain't doing to good by any standard

17. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,041 Times in 13,848 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,042 Times in 2,838 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    Bingo.

By now Trump needs to assume his enemy is holding cards on him. They probably knew about the kinda-sorta collusion for some time but didn't play the card until it was most expedient.

Which is actually telling, it means they don't have the Smoking Gun, since it would have come out by now. We are nine months into Russia mania, with multiple investigations---and still no real evidence that Trump colluded with Russians in the election.

They either can't accept it's a myth, or they realize it but see it as their best card to play in support of The Resistance.
    So your saying conservatives should feed their paranoia?

And it's always amazing how conservatives keep saying there is nothing there cause KremlinGate has been around for nine months now while they fully supported BenghaziGate that lasted thru nine redundant "investigations" for six years straight

It's only the beginning, and all that has come out has been arrived at without the subpoena and immunity tools of a real investigation