Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Threadbanning: There will be a new poll soon

1. #61 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,622 Times in 8,086 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 639 Times in 618 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LuvTrump View Post
    Can you share it with me? I've seen what evince does to discussions and if I can't "deport" that wack job I don't know if I will stay here.
    In every thread you start, at the bottom of the page is the option to threadban any member. Just type in their name and they can't list in your threads

The other option is post in Above Plain Politics. It has a higher standard of decorum so you have to ask permission. Just PM Grind and he will approve. Desh will never be able to post there

2. #62 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Threedee View Post
    I'm assuming he means the APP forum. Daesh is probably banned from there, but, she can't make 99% of the posts that she makes elsewhere.
    APP is like kryptonite to libtards

3. #63 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 30 Times in 28 Posts

Thanks for the tip.

4. #64 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,051 Times in 26,519 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,742 Times in 4,521 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Teflon Don View Post
    Which one?

http://geekandsundry.com/the-many-sh...s-and-effects/

5. #65 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,432 Times in 12,044 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,699 Times in 1,647 Posts
    Blog Entries

SEDITION: incitement of resistance to or insurrection against lawful authority.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to USFREEDOM911 For This Post:

Minister of Truth (07-16-2017)

7. #66 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,883 Times in 2,239 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 124 Times in 120 Posts

Who needs a poll? Anyone that attempts to silence those who oppose them aren't worth debating in the 1st place. By attempting to personally ban another poster you are demonstrating two things. 1. You lack the skills to articulate and defend your argument 2. You want "accolade" instead of stimulating intellectual discussion.

Conclusion: Who cares if the intellectual water heads take their ball and go home? If you don't possess the intelligence to deal with "snowflakes" and "clan supporters" it appears you are in the wrong place....go some place where everyone gets a "participation trophy"....t-ball. You know there are no "safe zones" in a real debate...only the exchange of ideas and opinions....some good, some bad, and some idiotic. On any given day even the most imbecilic individual can teach something new to the supposed most intelligent individual who enters any discussion with an open mind void of preconceptions.
    Last edited by Ralph; 07-17-2017 at 12:43 AM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Ralph For This Post:

TTQ64 (07-18-2017)

9. #67 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph View Post
    Who needs a poll? Anyone attempts to silence those who oppose them aren't worth debating in the 1st place. By attempting to personally ban another poster you demonstrating two things. 1. You lack the skills to articulate and defend your argument 2. You want "accolade" instead intellectual discussion.

Conclusion: Who cares if the intellectual water heads take their ball and go home?
    ORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR - just way too many liberal snowflakes who just want to troll.

10. #68 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Who needs a poll? Anyone that attempts to silence those who oppose them aren't worth debating in the 1st place. By attempting to personally ban another poster you are demonstrating two things. 1. You lack the skills to articulate and defend your argument 2. You want "accolade" instead of stimulating intellectual discussion.

Conclusion: Who cares if the intellectual water heads take their ball and go home? If you don't possess the intelligence to deal with "snowflakes" and "clan supporters" it appears you are in the wrong place....go some place where everyone gets a "participation trophy"....t-ball. You know there are no "safe zones" in a real debate...only the exchange of ideas and opinions....some good, some bad, and some idiotic. On any given day even the most imbecilic individual can teach something new to the supposed most intelligent individual who enters any discussion with an open mind void of preconceptions.
    I think it is cute that you believe people come here to exchange ideas and opinions.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to canceled.2021.2 For This Post:

USFREEDOM911 (07-17-2017)

12. #69 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I think it is cute that you believe people come here to exchange ideas and opinions.

13. #70 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,456 Times in 2,386 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 941 Times in 861 Posts

I suppose you can only exchange things you possess.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to iolo For This Post:

Phantasmal (07-17-2017)

15. #71 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,931 Times in 5,908 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 444 Times in 424 Posts
    Blog Entries

The issue is not disagreement, it's an inability of some to stay on topic.
    "Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Joseph Stalin
    The USA has lost WWIV to China with no other weapons but China Virus and some cash to buy democrats.

16. #72 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,456 Times in 2,386 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 941 Times in 861 Posts

I've always found the great bar to serious discussion is direct competitiveness, where two people are locked in not-very-interesting personal 'debate', normally including a lot of offensiveness, which is boring. To avoid this it has always seemed more sensible to use 'ignore' than to stop general discussion - and I do go back over the 'ignore' list every so often.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to iolo For This Post:

Phantasmal (07-17-2017)

18. #73 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,883 Times in 2,239 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 124 Times in 120 Posts

The sun was in my eyes.....I tripped over a rock. There is always an excuse handy to defend a lack of talent.

19. #74 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 30 Times in 28 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by iolo View Post
    I've always found the great bar to serious discussion is direct competitiveness, where two people are locked in not-very-interesting personal 'debate', normally including a lot of offensiveness, which is boring. To avoid this it has always seemed more sensible to use 'ignore' than to stop general discussion - and I do go back over the 'ignore' list every so often.
    Yeah, I am seeing of lot of personal insult-slinging and irrelevant off topic "battles". Maybe some people have a history with each other, but it sure makes it tough to discuss the issues in some threads.

At what point does the need to maintain a usable environment for honest debate override the rights of folks who seem to be engaged in an endless personal vendetta without regard to issues being discussed?

Moderators, please consider.

20. #75 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,685 Times in 2,733 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 707 Times in 647 Posts
    Blog Entries

Right wing nut jobs are the ones who want to ban people.

They can't handle the truth.