Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Threadbanning: There will be a new poll soon

1. #61 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,170 Times in 895 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 180 Times in 176 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LuvTrump View Post
    Can you share it with me? I've seen what evince does to discussions and if I can't "deport" that wack job I don't know if I will stay here.
    In every thread you start, at the bottom of the page is the option to threadban any member. Just type in their name and they can't list in your threads

The other option is post in Above Plain Politics. It has a higher standard of decorum so you have to ask permission. Just PM Grind and he will approve. Desh will never be able to post there
    You can't spell LIbEraliSm without LIES

2. #62 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Threedee View Post
    I'm assuming he means the APP forum. Daesh is probably banned from there, but, she can't make 99% of the posts that she makes elsewhere.
    APP is like kryptonite to libtards

3. #63 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 29 Times in 27 Posts

Thanks for the tip.

4. #64 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,481 Times in 7,539 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,834 Times in 1,722 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Teflon Don View Post
    Which one?

http://geekandsundry.com/the-many-sh...s-and-effects/

There must be no barriers to freedom of inquiry … There is no place for dogma in science. The scientist is free, and must be free to ask any question, to doubt any assertion, to seek for any evidence, to correct any errors.
    Robert Oppenheimer

Ignore list: Mangy Mongoose, McAwful, Owl something or other, Daesh, Aubergine (Black Vegetable), XO

5. #65 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,696 Times in 4,866 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,384 Times in 1,337 Posts
    Blog Entries

Obama - 2010 - “Elections have consequences.” It’s the political way for winners to tell losers: “Tough luck, you lost. Get over it.”

Obama - Oct 25, 2010 - "They Can Ride With Us If They Want To, But They Got To Get In The Back Seat."
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckly J. Ewer View Post
    You could grab a cock sucking liar by his forehead and slit his fucking throat the gay assholes don't even care if you kill them...they would be glad to fucking die...
    Quote Originally Posted by domer76 View Post
    Your ass still sore from the multiple ass lickings you get from me?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to USFREEDOM911 For This Post:

Threedee (07-16-2017)

7. #66 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 21 Times in 20 Posts

Who needs a poll? Anyone that attempts to silence those who oppose them aren't worth debating in the 1st place. By attempting to personally ban another poster you are demonstrating two things. 1. You lack the skills to articulate and defend your argument 2. You want "accolade" instead of stimulating intellectual discussion.

Conclusion: Who cares if the intellectual water heads take their ball and go home? If you don't possess the intelligence to deal with "snowflakes" and "clan supporters" it appears you are in the wrong place....go some place where everyone gets a "participation trophy"....t-ball. You know there are no "safe zones" in a real debate...only the exchange of ideas and opinions....some good, some bad, and some idiotic. On any given day even the most imbecilic individual can teach something new to the supposed most intelligent individual who enters any discussion with an open mind void of preconceptions.
    Last edited by Ralph; 07-17-2017 at 12:43 AM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Ralph For This Post:

TTQ64 (07-18-2017)

9. #67 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph View Post
    Who needs a poll? Anyone attempts to silence those who oppose them aren't worth debating in the 1st place. By attempting to personally ban another poster you demonstrating two things. 1. You lack the skills to articulate and defend your argument 2. You want "accolade" instead intellectual discussion.

Conclusion: Who cares if the intellectual water heads take their ball and go home?
    ORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR - just way too many liberal snowflakes who just want to troll.
    Obama - 2010 - “Elections have consequences.” It’s the political way for winners to tell losers: “Tough luck, you lost. Get over it.”

Obama - Oct 25, 2010 - "They Can Ride With Us If They Want To, But They Got To Get In The Back Seat."
    You could grab a cock sucking liar by his forehead and slit his fucking throat the gay assholes don't even care if you kill them...they would be glad to fucking die...

10. #68 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Who needs a poll? Anyone that attempts to silence those who oppose them aren't worth debating in the 1st place. By attempting to personally ban another poster you are demonstrating two things. 1. You lack the skills to articulate and defend your argument 2. You want "accolade" instead of stimulating intellectual discussion.

Conclusion: Who cares if the intellectual water heads take their ball and go home? If you don't possess the intelligence to deal with "snowflakes" and "clan supporters" it appears you are in the wrong place....go some place where everyone gets a "participation trophy"....t-ball. You know there are no "safe zones" in a real debate...only the exchange of ideas and opinions....some good, some bad, and some idiotic. On any given day even the most imbecilic individual can teach something new to the supposed most intelligent individual who enters any discussion with an open mind void of preconceptions.
    I think it is cute that you believe people come here to exchange ideas and opinions.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Teflon Don For This Post:

USFREEDOM911 (07-17-2017)

12. #69 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I think it is cute that you believe people come here to exchange ideas and opinions.

13. #70 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,423 Times in 1,021 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 351 Times in 326 Posts

I suppose you can only exchange things you possess.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to iolo For This Post:

Covfefe (07-17-2017)

15. #71 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,260 Times in 1,052 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 186 Times in 175 Posts
    Blog Entries

The issue is not disagreement, it's an inability of some to stay on topic.
    Just because you don't understand it does not make it bad. Celticguy

16. #72 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,423 Times in 1,021 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 351 Times in 326 Posts

I've always found the great bar to serious discussion is direct competitiveness, where two people are locked in not-very-interesting personal 'debate', normally including a lot of offensiveness, which is boring. To avoid this it has always seemed more sensible to use 'ignore' than to stop general discussion - and I do go back over the 'ignore' list every so often.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to iolo For This Post:

Covfefe (07-17-2017)

18. #73 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 21 Times in 20 Posts

The sun was in my eyes.....I tripped over a rock. There is always an excuse handy to defend a lack of talent.

19. #74 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 29 Times in 27 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by iolo View Post
    I've always found the great bar to serious discussion is direct competitiveness, where two people are locked in not-very-interesting personal 'debate', normally including a lot of offensiveness, which is boring. To avoid this it has always seemed more sensible to use 'ignore' than to stop general discussion - and I do go back over the 'ignore' list every so often.
    Yeah, I am seeing of lot of personal insult-slinging and irrelevant off topic "battles". Maybe some people have a history with each other, but it sure makes it tough to discuss the issues in some threads.

At what point does the need to maintain a usable environment for honest debate override the rights of folks who seem to be engaged in an endless personal vendetta without regard to issues being discussed?

Moderators, please consider.

20. #75 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 23 Times in 23 Posts

Right wing nut jobs are the ones who want to ban people.

They can't handle the truth.