Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 153

Thread: Threadbanning: There will be a new poll soon

  1. #61 | Top
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Gone to the mattresses
    Posts
    5,163
    Thanks
    246
    Thanked 1,615 Times in 1,235 Posts
    Groans
    29
    Groaned 230 Times in 226 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LuvTrump View Post
    Can you share it with me? I've seen what evince does to discussions and if I can't "deport" that wack job I don't know if I will stay here.
    In every thread you start, at the bottom of the page is the option to threadban any member. Just type in their name and they can't list in your threads

    The other option is post in Above Plain Politics. It has a higher standard of decorum so you have to ask permission. Just PM Grind and he will approve. Desh will never be able to post there

  2. #62 | Top
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Gone to the mattresses
    Posts
    5,163
    Thanks
    246
    Thanked 1,615 Times in 1,235 Posts
    Groans
    29
    Groaned 230 Times in 226 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Threedee View Post
    I'm assuming he means the APP forum. Daesh is probably banned from there, but, she can't make 99% of the posts that she makes elsewhere.
    APP is like kryptonite to libtards

  3. #63 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    709
    Thanks
    170
    Thanked 140 Times in 113 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 29 Times in 27 Posts

    Default

    Thanks for the tip.

  4. #64 | Top
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    52,013
    Thanks
    16,148
    Thanked 11,520 Times in 9,195 Posts
    Groans
    5,580
    Groaned 2,133 Times in 2,015 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Teflon Don View Post
    APP is like kryptonite to libtards
    Which one?

    http://geekandsundry.com/the-many-sh...s-and-effects/

    There must be no barriers to freedom of inquiry … There is no place for dogma in science. The scientist is free, and must be free to ask any question, to doubt any assertion, to seek for any evidence, to correct any errors.
    Robert Oppenheimer

    Ignore list:


  5. #65 | Top
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    49,507
    Thanks
    4,948
    Thanked 7,285 Times in 6,232 Posts
    Groans
    4,933
    Groaned 1,438 Times in 1,391 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Teflon Don View Post
    APP is like kryptonite to libtards
    Nomad's reasoning, regarding FACTS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Whether or not you actually used that particular term is irrelevant...
    Obama - 2010 - “Elections have consequences.” It’s the political way for winners to tell losers: “Tough luck, you lost. Get over it.”

    Pascal argues that a rational person should live as though God exists and seek to believe in God. If God does not actually exist, such a person will have only a finite loss, whereas they stand to receive infinite gains and avoid infinite losses.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to USFREEDOM911 For This Post:

    Threedee (07-16-2017)

  7. #66 | Top
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    2,722
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 690 Times in 568 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 29 Times in 28 Posts

    Default

    Who needs a poll? Anyone that attempts to silence those who oppose them aren't worth debating in the 1st place. By attempting to personally ban another poster you are demonstrating two things. 1. You lack the skills to articulate and defend your argument 2. You want "accolade" instead of stimulating intellectual discussion.

    Conclusion: Who cares if the intellectual water heads take their ball and go home? If you don't possess the intelligence to deal with "snowflakes" and "clan supporters" it appears you are in the wrong place....go some place where everyone gets a "participation trophy"....t-ball. You know there are no "safe zones" in a real debate...only the exchange of ideas and opinions....some good, some bad, and some idiotic. On any given day even the most imbecilic individual can teach something new to the supposed most intelligent individual who enters any discussion with an open mind void of preconceptions.
    Last edited by Ralph; 07-17-2017 at 01:43 AM.

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to Ralph For This Post:

    TTQ64 (07-18-2017)

  9. #67 | Top
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    49,507
    Thanks
    4,948
    Thanked 7,285 Times in 6,232 Posts
    Groans
    4,933
    Groaned 1,438 Times in 1,391 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph View Post
    Who needs a poll? Anyone attempts to silence those who oppose them aren't worth debating in the 1st place. By attempting to personally ban another poster you demonstrating two things. 1. You lack the skills to articulate and defend your argument 2. You want "accolade" instead intellectual discussion.

    Conclusion: Who cares if the intellectual water heads take their ball and go home?
    ORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR - just way too many liberal snowflakes who just want to troll.
    Nomad's reasoning, regarding FACTS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Whether or not you actually used that particular term is irrelevant...
    Obama - 2010 - “Elections have consequences.” It’s the political way for winners to tell losers: “Tough luck, you lost. Get over it.”

    Pascal argues that a rational person should live as though God exists and seek to believe in God. If God does not actually exist, such a person will have only a finite loss, whereas they stand to receive infinite gains and avoid infinite losses.

  10. #68 | Top
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Gone to the mattresses
    Posts
    5,163
    Thanks
    246
    Thanked 1,615 Times in 1,235 Posts
    Groans
    29
    Groaned 230 Times in 226 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph View Post
    Who needs a poll? Anyone that attempts to silence those who oppose them aren't worth debating in the 1st place. By attempting to personally ban another poster you are demonstrating two things. 1. You lack the skills to articulate and defend your argument 2. You want "accolade" instead of stimulating intellectual discussion.

    Conclusion: Who cares if the intellectual water heads take their ball and go home? If you don't possess the intelligence to deal with "snowflakes" and "clan supporters" it appears you are in the wrong place....go some place where everyone gets a "participation trophy"....t-ball. You know there are no "safe zones" in a real debate...only the exchange of ideas and opinions....some good, some bad, and some idiotic. On any given day even the most imbecilic individual can teach something new to the supposed most intelligent individual who enters any discussion with an open mind void of preconceptions.
    I think it is cute that you believe people come here to exchange ideas and opinions.

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to Teflon Don For This Post:

    USFREEDOM911 (07-17-2017)

  12. #69 | Top
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    49,507
    Thanks
    4,948
    Thanked 7,285 Times in 6,232 Posts
    Groans
    4,933
    Groaned 1,438 Times in 1,391 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Teflon Don View Post
    I think it is cute that you believe people come here to exchange ideas and opinions.
    Nomad's reasoning, regarding FACTS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Whether or not you actually used that particular term is irrelevant...
    Obama - 2010 - “Elections have consequences.” It’s the political way for winners to tell losers: “Tough luck, you lost. Get over it.”

    Pascal argues that a rational person should live as though God exists and seek to believe in God. If God does not actually exist, such a person will have only a finite loss, whereas they stand to receive infinite gains and avoid infinite losses.

  13. #70 | Top
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Cymru/'Wales'
    Posts
    4,176
    Thanks
    1,229
    Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,182 Posts
    Groans
    23
    Groaned 368 Times in 342 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Teflon Don View Post
    I think it is cute that you believe people come here to exchange ideas and opinions.
    I suppose you can only exchange things you possess.

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to iolo For This Post:

    Phantasmal (07-17-2017)

  15. #71 | Top
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    In my house
    Posts
    6,836
    Thanks
    822
    Thanked 1,521 Times in 1,255 Posts
    Groans
    3
    Groaned 200 Times in 189 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph View Post
    Who needs a poll? Anyone that attempts to silence those who oppose them aren't worth debating in the 1st place. By attempting to personally ban another poster you are demonstrating two things. 1. You lack the skills to articulate and defend your argument 2. You want "accolade" instead of stimulating intellectual discussion.

    Conclusion: Who cares if the intellectual water heads take their ball and go home? If you don't possess the intelligence to deal with "snowflakes" and "clan supporters" it appears you are in the wrong place....go some place where everyone gets a "participation trophy"....t-ball. You know there are no "safe zones" in a real debate...only the exchange of ideas and opinions....some good, some bad, and some idiotic. On any given day even the most imbecilic individual can teach something new to the supposed most intelligent individual who enters any discussion with an open mind void of preconceptions.
    The issue is not disagreement, it's an inability of some to stay on topic.
    Just because you don't understand it does not make it bad. Celticguy

  16. #72 | Top
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Cymru/'Wales'
    Posts
    4,176
    Thanks
    1,229
    Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,182 Posts
    Groans
    23
    Groaned 368 Times in 342 Posts

    Default

    I've always found the great bar to serious discussion is direct competitiveness, where two people are locked in not-very-interesting personal 'debate', normally including a lot of offensiveness, which is boring. To avoid this it has always seemed more sensible to use 'ignore' than to stop general discussion - and I do go back over the 'ignore' list every so often.

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to iolo For This Post:

    Phantasmal (07-17-2017)

  18. #73 | Top
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    2,722
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 690 Times in 568 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 29 Times in 28 Posts

    Default

    The sun was in my eyes.....I tripped over a rock. There is always an excuse handy to defend a lack of talent.

  19. #74 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    709
    Thanks
    170
    Thanked 140 Times in 113 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 29 Times in 27 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by iolo View Post
    I've always found the great bar to serious discussion is direct competitiveness, where two people are locked in not-very-interesting personal 'debate', normally including a lot of offensiveness, which is boring. To avoid this it has always seemed more sensible to use 'ignore' than to stop general discussion - and I do go back over the 'ignore' list every so often.
    Yeah, I am seeing of lot of personal insult-slinging and irrelevant off topic "battles". Maybe some people have a history with each other, but it sure makes it tough to discuss the issues in some threads.

    At what point does the need to maintain a usable environment for honest debate override the rights of folks who seem to be engaged in an endless personal vendetta without regard to issues being discussed?

    Moderators, please consider.

  20. #75 | Top
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    2,542
    Thanks
    1,197
    Thanked 964 Times in 704 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 72 Times in 70 Posts

    Default

    Right wing nut jobs are the ones who want to ban people.

    They can't handle the truth.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-08-2016, 06:15 AM
  2. poll
    By I'm Watermark in forum Off Topic Forum
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 01-15-2016, 01:38 PM
  3. poll me,poll you, blues
    By anatta in forum General Politics Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-22-2012, 09:19 AM
  4. The JPP Cup Poll
    By Canceled.LTroll.1 in forum Off Topic Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-02-2010, 11:18 AM
  5. When is a poll not a poll ?
    By uscitizen in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-09-2006, 06:28 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •