1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,536 Times in 2,978 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 107 Times in 102 Posts

Default Happy Fourth of July

Happy birthday USA
    A speech from Daniel Webster 1804

Fellow-Citizens—It is at the season when nature hath assumed her loveliest apparel that the American people assemble in their several temples to celebrate the birthday of their nation. Arrayed in all the beauties of the year, the Fourth of July once more visits us. Green fields and a ripening harvest proclaim it, a bright sun cheers it, and the hearts of freemen bid it welcome. Illustrious spectacle! Six millions of people this day surround their altars, and unite in an address to Heaven for the preservation of their rights. Every rank and every age imbibes the general spirit. From the lisping inhabitant of the cradle to the aged warrior whose gray hairs are fast sinking in the western horizon of life, every voice is, this day, tuned to the accents of LIBERTY! WASHINGTON! MY COUNTRY!

Festivals established by the world have been numerous. The coronation of a king, the birth of a prince, the marriage of a princess, have often called wondering crowds together. Cities and nations agree to celebrate the event which raises one mortal man above their heads, and beings called men stand astonished and aghast while the pageantry of a monarch or the jewelled grandeur of a queen poses before them. Such a festival, however, as the Fourth of July is to America, is not found in history; a festival designed for solemn reflection on the great events that have happened to us; a festival in which freedom receives a nation's homage, and Heaven is greeted with incense from ten thousand hearts….

To preserve the government we must also preserve a correct and energetic tone of morals. After all that can be said, the truth is that liberty consists more in the habits of the people than in anything else. When the public mind becomes vitiated and depraved, every attempt to preserve it is vain. Laws are then a nullity, and Constitutions waste paper. There are always men wicked enough to go any length in the pursuit of power, if they can find others wicked enough to support them. They regard not paper and parchment. Can you stop the progress of a usurper by opposing to him the laws of his country? then you may check the careering winds or stay the lightning with a song. No. Ambitious men must be restrained by the public morality: when they rise up to do evil, they must find themselves standing alone. Morality rests on religion. If you destroy the foundation, the superstructure must fall. In a world of error, of temptation, of seduction; in a world where crimes often triumph, and virtue is scourged with scorpions—in such a world, certainly, the hope of an hereafter is necessary to cheer and to animate. Leave us, then, the consolations of religion. Leave to man, to frail and feeble man, the comfort of knowing, that, when he gratifies his immortal soul with deeds of justice, of kindness, and of mercy, he is rescuing his happiness from final dissolution and laying it up in Heaven.

Our duty as citizens is not a solitary one. It is connected with all the duties that belong to us as men. The civil, the social, the Christian virtues are requisite to render us worthy the continuation of that government which is the freest on earth. Yes, though the world should hear me, though I could fancy myself standing in the congregation of all nations, I would say: Americans, you are the most privileged people that the sun shines on. The salutary influences of your climate are inferior to the salutary influences of your laws. Your soil, rich to a proverb, is less rich than your Constitution. Your rivers, large as the oceans of the old world, are less copious than the streams of social happiness which flow around you. Your air is not purer than your civil liberty, and your hills, though high as heaven and deep as the foundations of the earth, are less exalted and less firmly founded than that benign and everlasting religion which blesses you and shall bless your offspring. Amidst these profuse blessings of nature and of Providence, beware! Standing in this place, sacred to truth, I dare not undertake to assure you that your liberties and your happiness may not be lost. Men are subject to men’s misfortunes. If an angel should be winged from Heaven, on an errand of mercy to our country, the first accents that would glow on his lips would be, Beware! be cautious! you have everything to lose; you have nothing to gain. We live under the only government that ever existed which was framed by the unrestrained and deliberate consultations of the people. Miracles do not cluster. That which has happened but once in six thousand years cannot be expected to happen often. Such a government, once gone, might leave a void, to be filled, for ages, with revolution and tumult, riot and despotism. The history of the world is before us. It rises like an immense column, on which we may see inscribed the soundest maxims of political experience. These maxims should be treasured in our memories and written on our hearts. Man, in all countries, resembles man. Wherever you find him, you find human nature in him and human frailties about him. He is, therefore, a proper pupil for the school of experience. He should draw wisdom from the example of others—encouragement from their success, caution from their misfortunes. Nations should diligently keep their eye on the nations that have gone before them. They should mark and avoid their errors, not travel on heedlessly in the path of danger and of death while the bones of their perished predecessors whiten around them.
    http://apologeticspress.org/APConten...m_medium=email

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to leaningright For This Post:

Granule (07-04-2017), Stretch (07-04-2017)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,821 Times in 6,166 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,532 Times in 1,444 Posts
    Blog Entries

"Do not think that I came to bring peace... I did not come to bring peace, but a sword." - Matthew 10:34

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

"Do not think that I came to bring peace... I did not come to bring peace, but a sword." - Matthew 10:34

5. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,294 Times in 8,007 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,132 Times in 1,059 Posts
    Blog Entries

The American Flag is a Symbol of Oppression
    https://www.pastemagazine.com/articl...ppression.html

It has become a symbol of oppression, terror, racism, and incredible ignorance.

Happy 4th of July.
    AMERICAN HISTORY ITSELF IS A TESTAMENT TO THE STRENGTH AND RESILIENCE OF AFRICAN PEOPLE. WE, ALONG WITH THE COURGE AND SACRIFICES OF CONSCIOUS WHITE AMERICANS, LIKE VIOLA LIUZZO, EVERETT DIRKSEN, AND MANY OTHERS, HAVE FOUGHT AND DIED TOGETHER FOR OUR FREEDOM, AND FOR OUR SURVIVAL.

In America, rights are are not determined by what is just, fair, equitable, honest, nor by what Jesus would do. Rights are determined ONLY by what you can DEMAND.

6. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,394 Times in 5,099 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 908 Times in 849 Posts
    Blog Entries

Yeah, you two liberal dopes are really oppressed.

GFYs.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cancel 2018.2 For This Post:

cancel2 2022 (07-07-2017), FUCK THE POLICE (07-04-2017)

8. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I was proud of Obama's Americas, not what this abomination pseudo-America is.

9. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,388 Times in 7,999 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 809 Times in 761 Posts

Happy 4th!

I watched "The Patriot" again the other night - great flick. It always reminds me of the sheer guts that it took for what at the time was a pretty small group of rebels to take on an empire.

We're not a perfect nation, but America has always been about its ideals. As long as those remain intact, we're a great country.

10. The Following User Groans At Cancel 2020.1 For This Awful Post:

FUCK THE POLICE (07-04-2017)

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cancel 2020.1 For This Post:

leaningright (07-04-2017), Minister of Truth (07-04-2017), Sailor (07-04-2017)

12. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Thing1 View Post

I watched "The Patriot" again the other night - great flick. It always reminds me of the sheer guts that it took for what at the time was a pretty small group of rebels to take on an empire.
    The revolutionary war was nothing like the Patriot. The rebels fought in armies. Britain was projecting its power from across an ocean and couldn't beat anyone who had guns.

13. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,981 Times in 3,024 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 841 Times in 781 Posts

Happy 4th!

We're not a perfect nation, but America has always been about its ideals. As long as those remain intact, we're a great country.
    yup. Thats how we felt when we were going up against the clinton empire. MAGA brother thign.
    is on twitter @realtsuke

https://tsukesthoughts.wordpress.com/

14. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,981 Times in 3,024 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 841 Times in 781 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fuck Populists View Post
    I was proud of Obama's Americas, not what this abomination pseudo-America is.
    what you havent noticed about obamas america is it was all optics. Obama would pay cartloads of money up front to get an iran deal or the paris agreement and commit the US to something and get nothing back.
    is on twitter @realtsuke

https://tsukesthoughts.wordpress.com/

15. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,503 Times in 27,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 19,565 Times in 18,156 Posts
    Blog Entries

happy fourth

remember the founders wrote the post office right into the constitution

the founders believed a democratic republic could employ social programs that aided the people and prevented criminal behavior

16. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

On July 26, 1775, members of the Second Continental Congress, meeting in Philadelphia, agreed
    That a postmaster General be appointed for the United Colonies, who shall hold his office at Philada, and shall be allowed a salary of 1000 dollars per an: for himself, and 340 dollars per an: for a secretary and Comptroller, with power to appoint such, and so many deputies as to him may seem proper and necessary.
    That a line of posts be appointed under the direction of the Postmaster general, from Falmouth in New England to Savannah in Georgia, with as many cross posts as he shall think fit.1
    This simple statement signaled the birth of the Post Office Department, the predecessor of the United States Postal Service and the second oldest federal department or agency of the United States of America.

https://about.usps.com/publications/...pub100_001.htm

17. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,196 Times in 3,829 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 261 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tsuke View Post
    what you havent noticed about obamas america is it was all optics. Obama would pay cartloads of money up front to get an iran deal or the paris agreement and commit the US to something and get nothing back.
    Yea, having a decent planet to live on, clean air and water is just so over rated, go trump.....
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

18. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,294 Times in 8,007 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,132 Times in 1,059 Posts
    Blog Entries

Happy 4th!

Much love for you brother, but that 'great' is and has been rapidly diminishing. Obama, as flawed as he was, stood as a global beacon of hope for many leaders and people across the world. But even he was beset with the demons of corporatism and power that separates what America claims to be and what America truly is. Trump is simply the unmasking of what America has always been.

Trump cannot be blamed for what America is.

We mass-murder innocent people .. babies included.

We slaughter entire populations of innocent people .. and we'll use terrorists to do it.

Under the guise of 'fighting terrorism' we feel justified to do any fucking thing we want to do to innocent people all over the world .. YET more people are killed by our own homegrown terrorists in this country than by Muslims.

Why didn't your government tell you the 'rescue' of Jessica Lynch was a fraud? Why didn't they tell you the 'toppling' of Saddam's statue was a fraud? Why didn't they tell you the Bin Laden 'confession' tapes were a fraud?

Why, because they created the frauds.

Americans are a colonized people .. easily manipulated.

By the way .. what they didn't show you in the Patriot was the slaves they were fucking over, as they raped their children .. while fighting for the 'freedom' to rape their babies.
    AMERICAN HISTORY ITSELF IS A TESTAMENT TO THE STRENGTH AND RESILIENCE OF AFRICAN PEOPLE. WE, ALONG WITH THE COURGE AND SACRIFICES OF CONSCIOUS WHITE AMERICANS, LIKE VIOLA LIUZZO, EVERETT DIRKSEN, AND MANY OTHERS, HAVE FOUGHT AND DIED TOGETHER FOR OUR FREEDOM, AND FOR OUR SURVIVAL.

In America, rights are are not determined by what is just, fair, equitable, honest, nor by what Jesus would do. Rights are determined ONLY by what you can DEMAND.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to blackascoal For This Post:

Cypress (07-05-2017)

20. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tsuke View Post
    and you could not see the 2008 crash coming and refused to believe we were lied into war in iraq

you only just recently admitted trump cheated with russias help

dude you are a horrible acessor of any facts and their meaning

21. The Following User Says Thank You to evince For This Post:

blackascoal (07-04-2017)