Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Is it possible to be a good Christian and a Trump supporter?

1. #46 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,196 Times in 3,829 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 261 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    on the other hand, no one could be offended if I drove a vehicle into BucKKKle......
    heathen!!
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

2. #47 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leaningright View Post
    Change supporter to voter and I'd say "yes."

Because:

I think all of us have to do this with almost any candidate of late. That is...if we're going to vote.
    LOL, so the dirty *&%^$^#^ was more Christian that cruz & the other self-proclaimed moralists??
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

3. #48 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,551 Times in 2,991 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 107 Times in 102 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    LOL, so the dirty *&%^$^#^ was more Christian that cruz & the other self-proclaimed moralists??
    Nope. But I didn't get to vote for Cruz or any of the others. My choice came down to Hillary or Trump. Exactly the same with one possible (now confirmed) difference, IMO. In my mind I could either not vote (which I think a lot of folks would like for Christians to decide to do) or vote for Trump.

4. #49 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Nope. But I didn't get to vote for Cruz or any of the others. My choice came down to Hillary or Trump. Exactly the same with one possible (now confirmed) difference, IMO. In my mind I could either not vote (which I think a lot of folks would like for Christians to decide to do) or vote for Trump.
    Oh, they don't allow write ins in your state, my bad..........

5. #50 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    Seriously, can we dispense with the B.S. ?

Hillary Clinton is not even close to being in the same league as the guy you support. The Orange Clown you support, you voted for, an and you defend is a $&@#% grabbing sociopath, lacking moral character and empathy, is belligerent, egotistical, and arrogant, and has spent his life in the pursuit of profit and women less than half his age.

I have to question either your judgement, or your honesty if you want to put Hillary Clinton, Barack Obama, or John Kerry even in the same ball park as your Orange President
    And we'll just have to disagree. No biggee. It isn't the first time my judgment has been questioned.

I will end with this: Yes, I support him because he is our president just as I supported president Bush and Obama. I don't defend that which I find reprehensible such as the comment to which you have been referring nor his Joe and Mika tweets. The CNN tweet was just funny...again, my opinion.

6. #51 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Oh, they don't allow write ins in your state, my bad..........
    Guess I could have pulled a name (Rubio) out of the air awritten it in...but it really didn't matter. I went to bed that night thinking Mrs. Clinton would be the president when I woke up like most of the country did. Difference is I wasn't heavily invested in the election as I couldn't see any difference between the two except the possible one I previously mentioned.

7. #52 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Guess I could have pulled a name (Rubio) out of the air awritten it in...but it really didn't matter. I went to bed that night thinking Mrs. Clinton would be the president when I woke up like most of the country did. Difference is I wasn't heavily invested in the election as I couldn't see any difference between the two except the possible one I previously mentioned.
    No, it did matter...... You didn't vote for the one you wanted, the one YOU thought the most qualified, etc etc etc.......... You voted for someone else...........

If there was little to no difference between the two crappy ppl you should have voted for someone else, someone you wanted, @ least IMHO.......

8. #53 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,676 Times in 14,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,136 Times in 1,080 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    Seriously, can we dispense with the B.S. ?

Hillary Clinton is not even close to being in the same league as the guy you support. The Orange Clown you support, you voted for, an and you defend is a pussy grabbing sociopath, lacking moral character and empathy, is belligerent, egotistical, and arrogant, and has spent his life in the pursuit of profit and women less than half his age.

I have to question either your judgement, or your honesty if you want to put Hillary Clinton, Barack Obama, or John Kerry even in the same ball park as your Orange President
    So, Douchebag Donald is slightly more colourful than is Crooked Hillary...

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Minister of Truth For This Post:

leaningright (07-04-2017)

10. #54 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

No, it did matter...... You didn't vote for the one you wanted, the one YOU thought the most qualified, etc etc etc.......... You voted for someone else...........

If there was little to no difference between the two crappy ppl you should have voted for someone else, someone you wanted, @ least IMHO.......
    I don't know of a single presidential election where I had a choice of who to voting for the person I actually wanted...except when I voted for Reagan. I thought GW Bush was a good choice first go 'round. Not so much. Then there was Obama/McCain (voted for Cynthia McKinney that year), Obama/Romney, and then this debacle of primaries and general.

So we're really back to the idea that Christians just shouldn't vote because that's essentially what you're advocating when you suggest they/I write in an arbitrary someone who isn't on the ballot.

Oh, and the reason I actually marked the ballot for Trump instead of voting for the libertarian or green candidate is outlined in a series of pre-election posts. It all came down to potential SCJ appointees.

It's been a pleasure.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to leaningright For This Post:

Bill (07-04-2017)

12. #55 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,139 Times in 33,847 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,083 Times in 4,699 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Threedee View Post
    So, Douchebag Donald is slightly more colourful than is Crooked Hillary...
    I don't think Hillary Clinton cheated people out of money owed to them, the common man, the one that promised all these great things, beautiful things by Trump. It, to me, was the difference. Hillary in her past worked hard for the disadvantaged, Trump stole from them. Trump has always been a grifter.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Phantasmal For This Post:

Amadeus (07-04-2017), Bill (07-04-2017)

14. #56 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,392 Times in 881 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 36 Times in 36 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Covfefe View Post
    I don't think Hillary Clinton cheated people out of money owed to them, the common man, the one that promised all these great things, beautiful things by Trump. It, to me, was the difference. Hillary in her past worked hard for the disadvantaged, Trump stole from them. Trump has always been a grifter.
    I think that Hillary has many, many flaws a politician, but her charity is/was legit, and she has literally saved and benefited thousands of lives through her work. OTOH, Trump is proactively malicious, even overtly so. He admits that most people aren't worthy of respect.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Amadeus For This Post:

Phantasmal (07-05-2017)

16. #57 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I don't know of a single presidential election where I had a choice of who to voting for the person I actually wanted...except when I voted for Reagan. I thought GW Bush was a good choice first go 'round. Not so much. Then there was Obama/McCain (voted for Cynthia McKinney that year), Obama/Romney, and then this debacle of primaries and general.

So we're really back to the idea that Christians just shouldn't vote because that's essentially what you're advocating when you suggest they/I write in an arbitrary someone who isn't on the ballot.

Oh, and the reason I actually marked the ballot for Trump instead of voting for the libertarian or green candidate is outlined in a series of pre-election posts. It all came down to potential SCJ appointees.

It's been a pleasure.
    Lol, I voted for McKinney as well....

I voted for Jill stein..

I will check them out sometime, thnx

17. #58 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus View Post
    Since Trump is the antithesis of everything Jesus stood for and preached, would you say that a good Christian could be a Trump supporter?
    So many anti-Trumpers have a pretty obvious blind spot when it comes to Christians who support Trump.

Most Christians tend to accept that humanity is flawed. Without flaws we'd need no redemption. So it isn't hypocritical to support a sinner just because they are a sinner... we are all sinners.

The reason that many Christians backed Trump is because they had just endured 8 years of an SJW president lecturing Christians on Christianity and bending the power of the government against Christianity and practicing your religion as we see fit. We voted for Trump not because he is a good Christian, we voted for Trump because, unlike anyone the Democrats have shoved in our faces in the last 50 years, Trump will leave us alone to practice Christianity in peace.