Members banned from this thread: BRUTALITOPS, PostmodernProphet, Truth Detector, canceled.2021.1, canceled.2021.2, canceled.2021.3 and CFM

Thread: Ivanka "tries to stay out of politics"

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,188 Times in 25,723 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,614 Times in 2,498 Posts

Default Ivanka "tries to stay out of politics"

And she's supposed to be the smart one...

Ivanka Trump is a senior adviser to the president of the United States. Which makes what she told "Fox and Friends" on Monday very, very odd."You know, I try to stay out of politics," Ivanka told Ainsley Earhardt in response to a question about whether she ever advised her father -- aka President Donald Trump -- about his Twitter feed.

Er. So. Ahem. Here's the thing: This is a) impossible b) a convenient rhetorical non-answer and c) logically inconsistent.

...you can't be a senior adviser to the president -- with a West Wing office no less! -- and proclaim that you "try to stay out of politics." That's like an assistant baseball coach saying that he "tries to stay out of baseball." Or the managing editor of a news organization saying she "tries to stay out of the journalism."

...there is the fact that Ivanka is trying to have it both ways here -- as she often does. She can't simultaneously insist that she has a unique ability to make her father hear divergent opinions while also saying that she's just not into politics.

Ivanka quite clearly tried to convince the President to remain in the Paris climate accords. She even helped broker a high-profile meeting between Trump and former vice president Al Gore on climate. (And then the President pulled the US out of the accords anyway.)

Either Ivanka is one of her father's most trusted advisers and confidantes or she tries "to stay out of politics." Both of those things simply can't be true.

If Ivanka Trump wanted to "stay out of politics" she had a simple way to do so: Don't take an official role in her father's White House. But, doing so wouldn't have allowed her to influence the policies coming out of the White House. So, here she is."

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
    ― Charles Dickens

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to christiefan915 For This Post:

Cypress (06-27-2017), Phantasmal (06-27-2017), signalmankenneth (06-27-2017)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,194 Times in 33,876 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,086 Times in 4,702 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by christiefan915 View Post

Ivanka Trump is a senior adviser to the president of the United States. Which makes what she told "Fox and Friends" on Monday very, very odd."You know, I try to stay out of politics," Ivanka told Ainsley Earhardt in response to a question about whether she ever advised her father -- aka President Donald Trump -- about his Twitter feed.

Er. So. Ahem. Here's the thing: This is a) impossible b) a convenient rhetorical non-answer and c) logically inconsistent.

...you can't be a senior adviser to the president -- with a West Wing office no less! -- and proclaim that you "try to stay out of politics." That's like an assistant baseball coach saying that he "tries to stay out of baseball." Or the managing editor of a news organization saying she "tries to stay out of the journalism."

...there is the fact that Ivanka is trying to have it both ways here -- as she often does. She can't simultaneously insist that she has a unique ability to make her father hear divergent opinions while also saying that she's just not into politics.

Ivanka quite clearly tried to convince the President to remain in the Paris climate accords. She even helped broker a high-profile meeting between Trump and former vice president Al Gore on climate. (And then the President pulled the US out of the accords anyway.)

Either Ivanka is one of her father's most trusted advisers and confidantes or she tries "to stay out of politics." Both of those things simply can't be true.

If Ivanka Trump wanted to "stay out of politics" she had a simple way to do so: Don't take an official role in her father's White House. But, doing so wouldn't have allowed her to influence the policies coming out of the White House. So, here she is."
    I was very amused when I read about this.

What is she, just eye candy to help daddy make his deals?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Phantasmal For This Post:

Cypress (06-27-2017)

5. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,373 Times in 1,045 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 34 Times in 32 Posts

Why don't you ever have anything good to say about women?

6. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by GazzaQueen View Post
    Why don't you ever have anything good to say about women?
    You're not a woman, so.....

― Charles Dickens

7. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Covfefe View Post
    I was very amused when I read about this.

What is she, just eye candy to help daddy make his deals?
    She takes an official position in daddy's administration but "tries to stay out of politics." You just can't make it up!

― Charles Dickens

8. The Following User Says Thank You to christiefan915 For This Post:

Phantasmal (06-27-2017)

9. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,386 Times in 14,102 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Good. Her one big proposal is paid family leave. She clearly hasn't left her Democratic roots.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to cawacko For This Post:

cancel2 2022 (06-28-2017)

11. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    Good. Her one big proposal is paid family leave. She clearly hasn't left her Democratic roots.
    She wasn't on board with it for her own employees until there was some blowback.

― Charles Dickens

12. The Following User Says Thank You to christiefan915 For This Post:

Phantasmal (06-27-2017)

13. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,386 Times in 14,102 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

She wasn't on board with it for her own employees until there was some blowback.
    I don't care what she does on her own time, I care if her desire for paid family leave is listened to by her father and attempted to be put into legislation.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to cawacko For This Post:

cancel2 2022 (06-28-2017)

15. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    I don't care what she does on her own time, I care if her desire for paid family leave is listened to by her father and attempted to be put into legislation.
    Well, yes. But it also shows that she's being less than honest about trying to stay out of politics.

― Charles Dickens

16. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,051 Times in 26,519 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,742 Times in 4,521 Posts
    Blog Entries

After the bullshit CNN has produced about Trump? Have they ever run a fair and balanced story about him, well at least up to now anyway? Maybe now that they've been forced to sack three journalists, for want of a better word, they might just become so.

Sent from my Lenovo K52e78 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by cancel2 2022; 06-28-2017 at 02:03 AM.

17. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

You're not a woman, so.....
    I am willing to take her at face value, the Garifuna community on Roatan and in the Honduras mainland have been treated abysmally over the years. Have you ever seen any mention on that in the States I suspect not.

http://www.telesurtv.net/english/new...0223-0002.html

18. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Well, yes. But it also shows that she's being less than honest about trying to stay out of politics.
    You are probably right but I can see why. She is either accused of benefitting from nepotism or being a liar, she can't win.