Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Browning of America

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,773 Times in 2,207 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 970 Times in 889 Posts

Default The Browning of America

Excellent read for those NOT drinking the liberal Kool-Aid.

We believe our diversity, our differences, when joined together by a common set of ideals, makes us stronger, makes us more creative, makes us different,” Barack Obama pronounced at a citizenship ceremony last Fourth of July. Until half a century ago most serious historians would have called such an opinion ignorant or naïve. Ethnic diversity implies cultural diversity—if it did not, ethnic diversity would soon disappear. Cultural diversity means division, division means weakness, and weakness means, eventually, unfreedom. Such, at least, is the traditional view, and history appears to vindicate it. “Diversity” has been an attribute of subject populations: medieval elites communicated in Latin, laborers in various vernaculars. Diversity has been the form of belonging that typifies empires, just as nationality has been the form that typifies republics. The British Empire, the Roman Empire, and the Habsburg Empire—these were diverse. England, Italy, and Austria, until recently, were not. The motto E pluribus unum is a sign that the founders saw diversity as a challenge to be mastered, not a resource to be tapped.

http://claremont.org/crb/article/the...ng-of-america/
    Free speech is cool as long as it jibes with our program.

-- The Left

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,243 Times in 13,968 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,056 Times in 2,851 Posts

Appears your definition of America is restricted to those that look, talk, act and think like you do, fortunately, that is not the reality

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to archives For This Post:

blackascoal (06-30-2017), christiefan915 (07-01-2017), FUCK THE POLICE (07-02-2017), Phantasmal (06-28-2017)

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    Appears your definition of America is restricted to those that look, talk, act and think like you do, fortunately, that is not the reality
    Pervert, that is one stupid observation and you know it.

MY definition of America is keeping in line with how it started.

Now please, you degenerate. Let's not try and fool others into believing that the founders were flag burning homosexuals. That's just plain false.

-- The Left

5. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,392 Times in 881 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 36 Times in 36 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Granule View Post

You mean by running from the British, committing genocide on the indigenous people of America and enslaving and raping black people?

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Amadeus For This Post:

blackascoal (06-30-2017), christiefan915 (07-01-2017), FUCK THE POLICE (07-02-2017), iolo (07-01-2017), Phantasmal (06-28-2017), RickyTavy (07-01-2017)

7. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,322 Times in 10,511 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,917 Times in 4,233 Posts
    Blog Entries

Now please, you degenerate. Let's not try and fool others into believing that the founders were flag burning homosexuals. That's just plain false.
    No, many of them were philanderers and fucked their black slaves.

Why is it that cretins like you wish to keep your minds and attitudes in the 17th and 18th centuries?

Do you still crap in an outdoor john, idiot?

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to domer76 For This Post:

blackascoal (06-30-2017), evince (06-28-2017)

9. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 22 Times in 19 Posts

From the OP text:

In days when people spoke more freely about such matters, dramatic change in the dominant population of the world’s dominant power would have been occasion for speculation and worry. About whether, for instance, as more of its citizens come from non-European backgrounds, the United States will change its idea of its cultural heritage. Or whether, considering the occasional tawdriness of whites’ behavior toward minorities in centuries past—displacing Indians, enslaving Africans, deporting Chinese—there is cause to worry about race relations once the shoe is on the other foot. Or whether European civilization, which from the time of Columbus to the time of Goodbye, Columbus, seemed to roll ever westward as if by a law of nature, is now beginning to ebb.

Is there anyone who would deem "tawdriness" the most apt way to describe whites' behavior toward minorities in centuries past?

And isn't it at least slightly ironic that, while the white majority is on its way to being reduced to a (still economically dominant) plurality, an ardent nativist muses extensively about the fate of affirmative action under these circumstances?

But then, I've had pretty much enough after the first paragraph, reading, "The motto E pluribus unum is a sign that the founders saw diversity as a challenge to be mastered, not a resource to be tapped." For to me it seems that interpretation seriously curtails the meaning of the motto, and the most plausible one, one that doesn't do violence to the plain reading, is that it's patently both a challenge and a resource - and maybe even a prospect to be celebrated. Celebrated by all but ardent nativists, that is. The text doesn't really get better after that.

10. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus View Post
    You mean by running from the British, committing genocide on the indigenous people of America and enslaving and raping black people?
    No, and you're a lying pervert degenerate for even suggesting such a thing.

Tell me something, Imageus, are you a US citizen? If so, how in the hell can you carry such hate for this country and still call yourself a citizen?

-- The Left

11. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by domer76 View Post
    No, many of them were philanderers and fucked their black slaves.

Why is it that cretins like you wish to keep your minds and attitudes in the 17th and 18th centuries?

Do you still crap in an outdoor john, idiot?
    You stupid fuck. I'm not the moonbat blubbering about the trees. lol

You liars know what I'm referring to when I say that I want to keep things in line with how they started, and yet you still can't resist shoveling the bullshit both deep and high.

Why do democrats hate America? Is it because you truly are culture perverting heathens and you don't know any better?

-- The Left

12. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

No, and you're a lying pervert degenerate for even suggesting such a thing.

Tell me something, Imageus, are you a US citizen? If so, how in the hell can you carry such hate for this country and still call yourself a citizen?
    Are you saying that American settlers (starting with Chris Columbo himself) didn't commit atrocities on the native people and that slavery and slave rape is a myth?

I am a citizen, but I don't live in America and I am ashamed of America's history, as anyone with a conscience should be. That doesn't mean you can't be patriotic and love America, but America is built on sin, murder and unspeakable horror.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Amadeus For This Post:

Owl'd You're Up! (06-28-2017), Phantasmal (06-28-2017)

14. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,322 Times in 10,511 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,917 Times in 4,233 Posts
    Blog Entries

You stupid fuck. I'm not the moonbat blubbering about the trees. lol

You liars know what I'm referring to when I say that I want to keep things in line with how they started, and yet you still can't resist shoveling the bullshit both deep and high.

Why do democrats hate America? Is it because you truly are culture perverting heathens and you don't know any better?
    lol

You have no problem with the Franklins,who fucked anything that moved. Or the Jeffersons, who fucked his black slaves.

You want things how they stsrted? Good, motherfucker, tell your wife, if you have one, faggot, and your daughter about their suffrage.

15. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Owl'd You're Up! View Post
    From the OP text:

In days when people spoke more freely about such matters, dramatic change in the dominant population of the world’s dominant power would have been occasion for speculation and worry. About whether, for instance, as more of its citizens come from non-European backgrounds, the United States will change its idea of its cultural heritage. Or whether, considering the occasional tawdriness of whites’ behavior toward minorities in centuries past—displacing Indians, enslaving Africans, deporting Chinese—there is cause to worry about race relations once the shoe is on the other foot. Or whether European civilization, which from the time of Columbus to the time of Goodbye, Columbus, seemed to roll ever westward as if by a law of nature, is now beginning to ebb.

Is there anyone who would deem "tawdriness" the most apt way to describe whites' behavior toward minorities in centuries past?
    "Tawdriness" sounds pretty fair to me. What word were you looking for?

And isn't it at least slightly ironic that, while the white majority is on its way to being reduced to a (still economically dominant) plurality, an ardent nativist muses extensively about the fate of affirmative action under these circumstances?
    Why would anyone besides a diapered nanny statist give a flying fuck about affirmative action in the first place? Can you answer that question?

But then, I've had pretty much enough after the first paragraph,
    Uh-uh. You had enough the moment you opened this thread. And would you like to know why that was the case? Wrong. It's because you're a Kool-Aid drinking democrat and the information in this article is beyond your scope of understanding.

you see, pervert, there's a reason I opened this topic stating this is an excellent read for those NOT drinking the liberal Kool-Aid. it's because stuff like this is over your heads. But rather than ban your asses, I decided to let you break out your crayons and see what you could do with it.

Of course, you've all fucked it up so far, so let's step back and let one of your fellow Taliban internists take a crack at it. lol

-- The Left

16. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Are you saying that American settlers (starting with Chris Columbo himself) didn't commit atrocities on the native people and that slavery and slave rape is a myth?
    I'm saying that nobody's perfect and EVERYONE makes mistakes, even stupid ones.

I am a citizen, but I don't live in America and I am ashamed of America's history, as anyone with a conscience should be. That doesn't mean you can't be patriotic and love America, but America is built on sin, murder and unspeakable horror.
    Hey, you can't put up with sin, murder and unspeakable horrors. The US is no longer your cup of tea. I get it.

So, in which country are you hermetically sealed now?
    Last edited by Granule; 06-28-2017 at 02:43 PM.

-- The Left

17. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by domer76 View Post
    lol

You have no problem with the Franklins,who fucked anything that moved. Or the Jeffersons, who fucked his black slaves.

You want things how they stsrted? Good, motherfucker, tell your wife, if you have one, faggot, and your daughter about their suffrage.
    lol.

I'm not the faggot, you gimped up basement dweller. Homosexuality is at the apex of your degenerate party, and you should be parading that sleazy shit nice and proud. Now quit self inflicting and tell me why you're still in this country.

-- The Left

18. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I'm saying that nobody's perfect and EVERYONE makes mistakes, even stupid ones.
    The Confederates were also traitors.

Hey, you can't put up with sin, murder and unspeakable horrors.
    Somehow I think you'd fit in with Classic America when it was 'great'.

The US is no longer your cup of tea. I get it. So, in which country are you hermetically sealed now?
    America's has a dark and horrific past that can't or shouldn't be glorified. America is infinitely better than it was originally. The great thing about liberalism is that it catches up to everyone, in every society. Just as your parents are more liberal than their parents, you are more liberal than your parents.

I'm just ahead of the curve compared to you.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Amadeus For This Post:

Phantasmal (06-28-2017)

20. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

The Confederates were also traitors.
    They also fought for slavery and shared the same disdain that white leftists have for today's blacks.

Somehow I think you'd fit in with Classic America when it was 'great'.
    You're dodging the question. In which country do you live now?

America's has a dark and horrific past that can't or shouldn't be glorified...
    Yes, yes you've already alluded to that nonsensical bullshit. I just want to know which country you're living in now. lol

-- The Left