Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Poor old Hillary

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,388 Times in 7,999 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 809 Times in 761 Posts

I actually think it's pretty funny how crazy obsessed you guys still are w/ Hillary, almost 6 months into Trump's Presidency.

If you thought he was doing great, she'd be yesterday's news for you. I sort of expect Hillary threads to increase as Trump gets further into his tenure.

2. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by GazzaQueen View Post
    She got hammered. It wasn't even close. State by hilarious state, down she went. It was over by New Mexico.
    What do you mean by "it wasn't even close?" Which part? Again - she won nationally by 2%. She lost the electoral by 80,000 votes in 3 states.

Which aspect of that was a win "going away" for Trump?

3. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,373 Times in 1,045 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 34 Times in 32 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Thing1 View Post
    What do you mean by "it wasn't even close?" Which part? Again - she won nationally by 2%. She lost the electoral by 80,000 votes in 3 states.

Which aspect of that was a win "going away" for Trump?
    The part where he won every state needed before the polls had even closed out west.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to GazzaQueen For This Post:

Stretch (06-21-2017)

5. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,495 Times in 1,799 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 171 Times in 164 Posts

Hillary isn't the face of anyone but Hillary.
    Then tell her to STFU. You don't and won't. Your inaction tells me you are complicit with her self proclaimed leadership. She continually makes an ass out of herself yet your base, hollywierd , the MSM, Broadway and antifa trannies continue to embrace her.
    And you won't ditch Pelosi. She's the kiss of death for you guys but she's your elected leader.

6. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

The part where he won every state needed before the polls had even closed out west.
    I'm not sure what that has to do w/ the overall tally.

What about the overall tally was a gigantic win to you? Please be specific.

7. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I'm not sure what that has to do w/ the overall tally.

What about the overall tally was a gigantic win to you? Please be specific.
    The part where The Don is sitting in the WH and Hillary is blaming the Macedonians.

Wins don't come much bigger than that.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GazzaQueen For This Post:

BRUTALITOPS (06-21-2017), Cancel 2018.1 (06-21-2017), Stretch (06-21-2017)

9. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,028 Times in 3,012 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 234 Times in 225 Posts

Hillary isn't the face of anyone but Hillary.

But these kinds of threads - and responses like yours above - are a real "tell." You guys are always whining that Dems overreact to Trump and are too obsessed w/ him, but you're tenfold w/ Hillary. Had she won, it would have been chaos on your side.
    Who is the leader of the democrat party now? Who do you rally around for your message?

10. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by aloysious View Post
    Then tell her to STFU. You don't and won't. Your inaction tells me you are complicit with her self proclaimed leadership. She continually makes an ass out of herself yet your base, hollywierd , the MSM, Broadway and antifa trannies continue to embrace her.
    And you won't ditch Pelosi. She's the kiss of death for you guys but she's your elected leader.
    I thought Hillary's most recent public speeches/interviews were embarrassing, and said so here. I also opposed Pelosi for minority leader.

I actually didn't see any prominent Democrats or even anyone on the left support or praise her recent public interviews or anything that she said, much less "embrace" her. I have no doubt that's what you want to see, and probably delude yourself is happening - but it's not reality.

11. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,579 Times in 15,814 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,951 Times in 1,862 Posts

#STFUHillary part 5
    http://www.charlotteobserver.com/opi...154011389.html

In a remarkable interview Wednesday with the technology site Recode, Hillary Clinton went from wounded to whiny, from sympathetic loser to sore loser, as she delivered her accounting of all the things that led to Nov. 8:

Why did she lose? Let’s recap:

▪ It was the Democratic National Committee’s fault. “I get the nomination ... I inherit nothing from the Democratic party,” she said. “It was bankrupt. It was on the verge of insolvency. Its data was mediocre to poor, nonexistent, wrong.”

▪ It was the media’s fault for turning her use of a personal email server “into the biggest scandal since who knows when.”

▪ It was the Russians’ fault for leaking emails detrimental to her campaign. “I believe that what was happening to me was unprecedented,” she said.

▪ It was, ahem, someone else’s fault for helping guide the Russians on how to best “weaponize” those leaks. Who gave them that guidance? “I’m leaning Trump,” Clinton said.

▪ It was everyone else’s fault for not paying attention when she suggested that Trump and Russia had a troubling relationship. “We were basically shooed away, like, ‘Oh you know, there she goes, vast right-wing conspiracy.’” Clinton said. (Fact check: A lot was written during the election about Trump and Russia.)

▪ It also was everyone else’s fault for thinking she was going to win a race in which she was leading most every poll. “I was the victim of a very broad assumption I was going to win,” she said.

▪ It was James Comey’s fault for announcing on Oct. 28 that he was investigating new information that might be connected to Clinton’s email server.

▪ It was the New York Times’ fault for treating the Comey announcement “like it was Pearl Harbor.” (As if the FBI director saying his agency was investigating a presidential candidate was not a big headline.)

What about Clinton herself? “I take responsibility for every decision I made,” she said.

Good.

“But that’s not why I lost.”

Sigh.

Look, Clinton isn’t wrong to lament factors that might have contributed to her loss. The Russians meddled. James Comey spoke up when he shouldn’t have – or didn’t speak up when he should have about the other campaign the FBI was investigating.

It’s also very human to harbor what-ifs about such a significant disappointment – especially when you got so close to the thing you wanted most.

But Wednesday’s interview was a startling display of blame-shifting, and it was a good reminder of at least one reason Clinton was unable to beat the most flawed candidate in general election history: Then and now, she has exhibited an inability to take responsibility for her shortcomings. The email server that dogged her candidacy was never just about the email server. It was about a stubborn reluctance to just say, unqualified, that she’d done something wrong.It was about trust, and it was far from the first time.

It’s revisionist for Clinton and her supporters to point fingers everywhere but at the candidate who lost, and it would be dangerous for Democrats to display the same lack of introspection moving forward. Hillary Clinton lost for a lot of reasons last November, but the biggest was Hillary Clinton. Turns out there’s one more person she has trouble being forthright with – herself.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to anatta For This Post:

GazzaQueen (06-21-2017), Stretch (06-21-2017)

13. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

The part where The Don is sitting in the WH and Hillary is blaming the Macedonians.

Wins don't come much bigger than that.
    Oh - so any win is a "smashing." Got it. Just wanted to know your parameters.

Kind of dilutes that characterization, but whatever floats your boat.

14. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Oh - so any win is a "smashing." Got it. Just wanted to know your parameters.

Kind of dilutes that characterization, but whatever floats your boat.
    She got overhauled. We told you she was unstable. You're only now seeing it.

15. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,495 Times in 1,799 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 171 Times in 164 Posts

I sort of expect Hillary threads to increase as Trump gets further into his tenure.
    hrc threads will continue as long as she continues trying to stay relevant and dims enable her with your silence. It has nothing to do with Trump.
    If she had a shred of dignity she'd go quietly into the night.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Cancel 2018.1 For This Post:

Stretch (06-21-2017)

17. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Alice in Liberaland View Post
    Who is the leader of the democrat party now? Who do you rally around for your message?
    It's hard for any party completely in the minority to have a formal "leader." It's mainly the people we see speaking a lot - Booker, Sanders, Schumer to an extent. Tim Ryan, Linda Sanchez, Ruben Gallego, Kamala Harris...the Dems have a pretty good bench of young up & comers right now.

18. #29 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,581 Times in 9,703 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,312 Times in 1,210 Posts
    Blog Entries

Still haven't figured out how to finish the 1st sentence I wrote?
    Why would I finish your sentence that whines about some popular vote? You own it.

19. #30 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,581 Times in 9,703 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,312 Times in 1,210 Posts
    Blog Entries

It's hard for any party completely in the minority to have a formal "leader." It's mainly the people we see speaking a lot - Booker, Sanders, Schumer to an extent. Tim Ryan, Linda Sanchez, Ruben Gallego, Kamala Harris...the Dems have a pretty good bench of young up & comers right now.
    Why wouldn't the person in your Party that 'won more votes than the current President' be considered the Party leader?

20. The Following User Says Thank You to MAGA MAN For This Post:

Stretch (06-21-2017)