Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: More Bad News For JPP's Coal & Oil Shills

1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,611 Times in 7,328 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,966 Times in 1,782 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Thing1 View Post
    Good thing that wind & solar don't have to either. All science has to do is improve their harnessing ability & efficiencies.

There will be more articles like the OP in the coming years, that you'll look increasingly desperate trying to discredit. And desperate for what, exactly? So strange.
    BINGO!

According to IHA, wind and solar power will never become more efficient, nor improve their output, better than it is right now.

It must suck to have to go through life so incredibly narrow minded like IHA does.
    What kind of country have we become?

One in which federal prosecutors can take “evidence” before a “grand jury,”

and that grand jury can “vote to indict” a former president for 91 alleged “crimes”?

2. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,758 Times in 11,557 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 889 Times in 847 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Granule View Post
    Maybe just copy/paste the article on here. Thanks.
    Abortion rights dogma can obscure human reason & harden the human heart so much that the same person who feels
    empathy for animal suffering can lack compassion for unborn children who experience lethal violence and excruciating
    pain in abortion.

Unborn animals are protected in their nesting places, humans are not. To abort something is to end something
    which has begun. To abort life is to end it.

3. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,904 Times in 7,964 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,669 Times in 1,547 Posts

There actually isn't an endless supply of oil.

Why do you believe that there is?
    Because he's a typical right-wing mouth-foaming idiot.
    https://i.postimg.cc/PqVCnGks/gojoe1.jpg
    C'MON MAN!!!!

4. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,028 Times in 3,012 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 234 Times in 225 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ZappasGuitar View Post
    BINGO!

According to IHA, wind and solar power will never become more efficient, nor improve their output, better than it is right now.

It must suck to have to go through life so incredibly narrow minded like IHA does.
    Not according to me. According to the laws of physics. Specifically thermodynamics. It isn't my fault you and Clingy Thingy don't understand it

5. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,679 Times in 16,485 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 585 Times in 561 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Alice in Liberaland View Post
    Not according to me. According to the laws of physics. Specifically thermodynamics. It isn't my fault you and Clingy Thingy don't understand it
    I asked you once before specifically what laws of physics and thermodynamics are being broken by alternative energies. You fell silent. So I politely ask you again.

6. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,581 Times in 9,703 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,312 Times in 1,210 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ZappasGuitar View Post

IRONY ALERT

7. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,284 Times in 27,093 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,975 Times in 2,692 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Stretch View Post
    <snip> Oil is a natural commodity produced within the earth of which there is an endless supply. <snip>
    This literally might be the most uneducated, dumbest, most uninformed statement I have ever seen on jpp.com.

Here's a tip. I keep my mouth shut on topics I know nothing about. Like the stock market, as one example. Just a suggestion, but you might consider doing the same.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Cypress For This Post:

Rune (06-22-2017)

9. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,758 Times in 11,557 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 889 Times in 847 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    This literally might be the most uneducated, dumbest, most uninformed statement I have ever seen on jpp.com.

Here's a tip. I keep my mouth shut on topics I know nothing about. Like the stock market, as one example. Just a suggestion, but you might consider doing the same.
    Guess you didn't read the whole article...or just didn't comprehend it.
    Abortion rights dogma can obscure human reason & harden the human heart so much that the same person who feels
    empathy for animal suffering can lack compassion for unborn children who experience lethal violence and excruciating
    pain in abortion.

Unborn animals are protected in their nesting places, humans are not. To abort something is to end something
    which has begun. To abort life is to end it.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Stretch For This Post:

MAGA MAN (06-22-2017)

11. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Sailor View Post
    I asked you once before specifically what laws of physics and thermodynamics are being broken by alternative energies. You fell silent. So I politely ask you again.
    I posted you two links that explained it very nicely. If you didn't read it or understand it, that is your problem

Now why haven't you switched your home over to alternative forms of energy? The technology is there. You could do it tomorrow. What is stopping you?

12. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Stretch View Post
    Guess you didn't read the whole article...or just didn't comprehend it.
    I hate to contradict you, but those aren't mutually exclusive positions

He could at the same time not have read it AND not be able to understand it if he did

13. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

This is a fun read. Now the example is specifically related to aviation but the theory and math are applicable on a larger scale

http://www.theenergycollective.com/r...energy-density

Science will not save you.

The point you are all missing is the fundamental fact that despite wind and solar being relatively abundant, they are diffuse forms of energy. Fossil fuels are dense forms of energy.

No amount of scientific research will change these underlying facts.

If you don't understand the difference between high density sources of energy and diffuse sources of energy then you will be duped into believing that solar and wind are going to save the day.

Use GA06 as an analogy. The democrat party threw $30 million into a losing cause. That is the myth of large scale wind and solar.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

14. #42 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

It just dawned on me that I am dealing with scientific morons so I am going to try to dumb this down as much as possible in the hopes that the scientifically illiterate will understand.

The second law of thermodynamics states that the entropy of an isolated system not in equilibrium will tend to increase over time, approaching a maximum value at equilibrium.

What does this mean in English? It means that energy ALWAYS flows from a more concentrated state to a less concentrated state.

Read this again. Then read it again. Then read it again.

Because if you fail to understand this salient point then it is pointless to move on.

Now that you understand the Second Law of Thermodynamics you need to understand that "fossil fuels" are highly concentrated forms of energy. Things like wind and solar are diffuse (not highly concentrated) forms of energy. There is potentially lots of it, but they are not highly concentrated.

This means that oil, natural gas and coal will ALWAYS be more efficient than wind and solar because on a per molecule basis they just have more stored energy. The answer lies in their chemical bonds and nothing else.

Now those who claim that technology will solve the problem are speaking out of ignorance because there will never be a way to take the low concentrated rays of the sun and turn them into highly concentrated forms of energy without using more energy. To do so would violate the second law of thermodynamics. You can't go from a low concentration to a high concentration. It is impossible. Period. End of story.

Now I am not sure if I can explain the second law of thermodynamics any clearer than I have right here. The lesson is free. What you do with it is up to you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

15. #43 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,520 Times in 5,217 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,477 Times in 2,299 Posts

Good thing that wind & solar don't have to either. All science has to do is improve their harnessing ability & efficiencies.

There will be more articles like the OP in the coming years, that you'll look increasingly desperate trying to discredit. And desperate for what, exactly? So strange.
    It is clear you don't understand the laws if thermodynamics

16. #44 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,833 Times in 8,248 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,899 Times in 5,299 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by aloysious View Post
    OK, when I can power my lawn mower with wind and solar in 2030 cheaper than petrol I'll do it. Until then I'll use petrol. Why's that bad news?
    You can do that now.
    Electric lawn mowers have been available for your entire life span, idiot.
    It is the responsibility of every American citizen to own a modern military rifle.

17. #45 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,833 Times in 8,248 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,899 Times in 5,299 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Alice in Liberaland View Post
    That isn't the argument I am making and you know it

You haven't even begun to conceptualize the amount if energy it would take to create your dream world. The number of natural resources. The environmental impact.

There is proof of liberal pipe dreams in the form of ethanol. Remember that promise?

It was supposed to get us off of foreign oil. It did no such thing. But it added untold unnecessary costs to society. Including more pollution.
    Another bald faced lie.
    No such claims were made for ethanol.
    Ethanol is a right wing boondangle and has much more to do with the poluting affects of previous oxidizing agents.
    Fucking lying retard.
    It is the responsibility of every American citizen to own a modern military rifle.