Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: More Bad News For JPP's Coal & Oil Shills

1. #61 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,520 Times in 5,217 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,477 Times in 2,299 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rune View Post
    Your article stated that it takes 10s of millions of years to create new oil you blithering idiot.
    It does. But we aren't starting from zero are we. Nice try at diversion shit stain

2. #62 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,388 Times in 7,999 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 809 Times in 761 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by I Love America View Post
    It does. But we aren't starting from zero are we. Nice try at diversion shit stain
    Do the math. At some point, we will be.

The idea that you're arguing any sort of sustainability given the timeframes involves is an immediate credibility nosedive for any other arguments you're trying to make.

3. #63 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Sailor View Post
    That right there just shows me you do not know fuck all about energy. How to describe it, the terminology, or what that means. Then, to make it worse, when you read the rest of your "schooling" one really realizes you just need to shut up. That is without a doubt the most elementary school level logic of trying to explain this, and completely wrong to boot.
    Well explain it to us all genius. Claiming I am wrong without providing an explanation just makes you look like a blowhard.

But hey if you have a different understanding of the laws of thermodynamics then lay it in me brother. I am all eyes

4. #64 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by ZappasGuitar View Post
    More uninformed IHA blather.

If wind and solar power will never become more efficient, nor improve their output beyond their current levels, then how did the USA just set A RECORD for the percentage of energy provided by alternative fuels?
    Poor shit heel dumbass. I ever said they won't become more efficient. I merely stated they will never be as efficient as oil, natural gas and coal. That is just a scientific fact.

God you are ignorant.

5. #65 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Poor shit heel dumbass. I ever said they won't become more efficient. I merely stated they will never be as efficient as oil, natural gas and coal. That is just a scientific fact.

God you are ignorant.
    The bolded is a fabricated assertion.

6. #66 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,581 Times in 9,703 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,312 Times in 1,210 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Micawber View Post
    I am the colonel of truth. I think I'll make that my first sock screenname.
    So you're delusional as well lol

7. #67 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,581 Times in 9,703 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,312 Times in 1,210 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rune View Post
    This from the idiot who thanked Stench.
    If your measure of a fellow poster is based on a thanks to a poster that you don't like, then what does that say about you lol?

8. #68 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,611 Times in 7,328 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,966 Times in 1,782 Posts

BINGO!

According to IHA, wind and solar power will never become more efficient, nor improve their output, better than it is right now.

It must suck to have to go through life so incredibly narrow minded like IHA does.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alice in Liberaland View Post
    Not according to me. According to the laws of physics. Specifically thermodynamics. It isn't my fault you and Clingy Thingy don't understand it
    Well by golly, there's you saying what I claimed...

God you are ignorant.
    And NOW you CONTRADICT yourself.

One of us is indeed a dumbass, but it appears its you
    What kind of country have we become?

One in which federal prosecutors can take “evidence” before a “grand jury,”

and that grand jury can “vote to indict” a former president for 91 alleged “crimes”?

9. #69 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,758 Times in 11,557 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 889 Times in 847 Posts

50 years ago mainstream conservatives thought the idea of any alternative energy innovation such as solar and wind was science fiction. 40 years ago mainstream conservatives believed that actual innovation on this front was an economic impossibility foisted on us by hippies.
    20 years ago it was a drain on scarce government resources. 10 years ago workable but still more expensive and carries environmental downsides. Today there is a grudging concession that it is cheap and cleaner but on as part of an array or menu to be offered with dirty coal, nuclear and fracked oil.
    You can apply this formula to everything, from the ecology to civil rights, to woman's reproductive health, to the role of government in society, to the erosion of religion and magical thinking vis a vis education, to tax policy and economic justice and opportunity.

Republicans are quite simply the luddite party, always dragged kicking and screaming by the ear after an epochal temper tantrum into a better future that liberals vanguard. We are like patient parents waiting to send their lazy asses to college so we can have some fucking peace and quite.
    You're scattered all over the place with religious, political and social issues. Societies have been making it up as they go along since the beginning of time. Certain laws of physics don't change.
    Abortion rights dogma can obscure human reason & harden the human heart so much that the same person who feels
    empathy for animal suffering can lack compassion for unborn children who experience lethal violence and excruciating
    pain in abortion.

Unborn animals are protected in their nesting places, humans are not. To abort something is to end something
    which has begun. To abort life is to end it.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Stretch For This Post:

MAGA MAN (06-22-2017)

11. #70 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Stretch View Post
    You're scattered all over the place with religious, political and social issues. Societies have been making it up as they go along since the beginning of time. Certain laws of physics don't change.
    I'm interested to hear what laws of physics you think apply to this discussion.

12. #71 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Republicans like the very notion that in a century we can deplete 100 million years of energy conserved by nature from the remains of T Rex and company. It's a "piss on your grave" thing. It makes them happy.
    Uhhhh no. T Rex and company were not buried beyond 100 miles of earth. There is no such thing as "fossil fuel". Re-read the articles:

THE REAL SOURCE OF CRUDE OIL WAS ESTABLISHED THROUGH AN EXPERIMENT PERFORMED BY A COMPANY IN HOUSTON IN 2004. THEY DECIDED TO TEST A RUSSIAN THEORY DATING FROM THE 1960S THAT STATES THAT CRUDE OIL COMES FROM PLANKTON IN THE SEA. HERE IS THE THEORY:

PHYTOPLANKTON PERFORM PHOTOSYNTHESIS AND ABSORB CO2 FROM THE AIR. THE PHYTOPLANKTON ARE EATEN BY ZOOPLANKTON THAT PRODUCE TINY SHELLS. WHEN THE ZOOPLANKTON DIE, THEY FALL TO THE BOTTOM OF THE SEA. THEIR ORGANIC MATTER ROTS, BUT THEIR SHELLS LEAVE BEHIND CALCIUM CARBONATE, CaCO3, A DURABLE CARBON CONTAINING COMPOUND. OVER MILLIONS OF YEARS THE CALCIUM CARBONATE BECOMES BONDED TOGETHER INTO SOLID MARBLE OR LIMESTONE.

SOMETIMES THAT MARBLE IS THRUST UP OUT OF THE SEA AS IT IS IN PLACES LIKE VERMONT. IN OTHER AREAS, IT CAN BE THRUST DOWN INTO THE EARTH (SUBDUCTED). WHEN IT REACHES A DEPTH OF ABOUT 60 MILES, THE EXTREME PRESSURE AND HEAT CAUSES CALCIUM CARBONATE TO REACT WITH WATER AND IRON OXIDE TO PRODUCE NATURAL GAS (METHANE, CH4). WHEN IT REACHES A DEPTH OF ABOUT 100 MILES, CRUDE OIL IS PRODUCED.

NOTE THAT WHEN WE BURN CRUDE OIL, CO2 IS RELEASED TO FEED THE PLANKTON, TO PRODUCE MORE CALCIUM CARBONATE, TO PRODUCE MORE OIL... THUS CRUDE OIL IS A RENEWABLE RESOURCE.

SO HOW DOES THE RUSSIAN THEORY STAND UP? THE HOUSTON EXPERIMENT FOUND THAT CRUDE OIL WAS PRODUCED IN EXACTLY THE COMPOSITION AND PROPORTIONS WE FIND IN THE GROUND TODAY. IT MAKES PERFECT SENSE FROM A CHEMISTRY STANDPOINT. IT ALSO AGREES WITH EVERYTHING WE SEE IN THE DISTRIBUTION OF CRUDE OIL AND WHERE WE FIND IT IN THE EARTH.

THE CRUDE OIL WE FIND IS PERCOLATING UP FROM FAR BELOW WHERE WE DISCOVER IT TRAPPED IN THE EARTH. THE CRUDE WE SEE IS LIKE THE COFFEE IN THE SMALL GLASS BUBBLE ON THE TOP OF A PERCOLATOR - MOST OF IT IS DOWN BELOW.

THERE'S A VERY INTERESTING OIL WELL ON AN ISLAND OFF THE COAST OF LOUISIANA. A FEW YEARS AGO IT APPEARED TO BE REACHING THE END OF ITS PRODUCTIVE LIFE, ITS PRODUCTION WAS DECLINING.

SUDDENLY ITS OIL PRODUCTION WENT UP AND THE OIL CHANGED FROM A MEDIUM CRUDE TO A LIGHT CRUDE! THIS MEANS A YOUNGER SOURCE OF OIL WAS COMING UP FROM BELOW.

IT'S ALSO WORTH NOTING THAT IN THE 70S SAUDI ARABIAN CRUDE WAS PREDICTED TO HAVE RUN OUT BY NOW, YET THEIR RESERVES HAVE RISEN. IN ALL PROBABILITY, YOUNGER CRUDE IS COMING UP FROM BELOW.

WE NEED CHEAP ENERGY AND OIL IS NEARLY PERFECT FOR TRANSPORTATION PURPOSES. IT PACKS A LOT OF ENERGY PER GALLON, IS EASILY PUMPED, AND PRODUCES A NICE CO2 FEEDSTOCK FOR PLANKTON.SO WHY IS IT VERY FEW PEOPLE HAVE HEARD ABOUT THE HOUSTON EXPERIMENT? IT HAS THE DISTINCT RING OF TRUTH, AND IT IS PROBABLY THE MOST IMPORTANT SCIENTIFIC EXPERIMENT PERFORMED SO FAR THIS CENTURY. IT MAY BE THAT JOURNALISTS JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND THE SIGNIFICANCE, OR THEY MAY STILL BELIEVE THAT CRUDE OIL COMES FROM DINOSAURS.

THE LONG TERM CHALLENGE IS TO FIND THE CHEAPEST WAY TO PRODUCE OIL AND NOT GET UNDERCUT BY THE SAUDIS. IT MEANS IMPROVED TECHNOLOGY TO GET TO THE DEEPER OIL THAT WE NEED.

Thomas Gold, a professor of astronomy who taught at Cornell University in the 90's.

The widespread use of the term “fossil fuels” is a deception created by anti-energy propagandists and earlier theorists to make people believe that oil is the result of countless dead dinosaurs and decaying vegetation. Oil, however, is “abiotic”, a term that means it is a natural product of the earth itself manufactured at deep levels where there never were any plants or animals.

Carbon is the fourth more abundant element in the universe, right after hydrogen, helium, and oxygen. Thomas Gold pointed out that carbon is found mostly in compounds with hydrogen—hydrocarbons—which, at different temperatures and pressures, may be gaseous, liquid, or solid.

Eliminating the fear that the world is running out of oil eliminates an urgency to experiment with or to implement alternative fuels including biofuels, wind energy, and solar energy as long as these energies remain less energy-efficient, less reliable, and more costly than using oil and natural gas.

The Earth is not running out of oil and likely never will.

Dr. Jerome R. Corsi’s , The Great Oil Conspiracy
    Abortion rights dogma can obscure human reason & harden the human heart so much that the same person who feels
    empathy for animal suffering can lack compassion for unborn children who experience lethal violence and excruciating
    pain in abortion.

Unborn animals are protected in their nesting places, humans are not. To abort something is to end something

13. #72 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,679 Times in 16,485 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 585 Times in 561 Posts
    Blog Entries

Well explain it to us all genius. Claiming I am wrong without providing an explanation just makes you look like a blowhard.

But hey if you have a different understanding of the laws of thermodynamics then lay it in me brother. I am all eyes
    No. Not a different one. Just the one engineering schools and real science teaches. Not some yahoo that watched a few youtube videos and decided to make a "off grid" system a two year old can do. They claim themselves and expert.
    Now put up or shut up. Your explanation for the 2nd law of thermodynamics is just wrong. Plain old wrong. It is really about entropy always increases. Not that I would expect you to know what entropy is. Or how that would apply to an alternative energy system or something like carnot's cycle. Something else I am sure you have no fucking clue about.

Anyway. Please, please educate us all on how the 2nd law of thermodynamics is being broken by alternative energy sources, yet mysteriously only works for conventional power sources including fossil fuels. Please professor, put your money where your uneducated mouth is.

14. #73 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

More uninformed IHA blather.

If wind and solar power will never become more efficient, nor improve their output beyond their current levels, then how did the USA just set A RECORD for the percentage of energy provided by alternative fuels?
    Don't mistake me for a fanatic. Wind and solar have been around forever. Nothing wrong with either. Nuclear is fine as well. But, I'm not a fanatic who says that oil and coal power must be destroyed, nor am I a fanatic who says that wind, solar & nuclear are now the ONLY acceptable choices. All forms of energy production can be made and used in sensible and safe ways to suit the needs of each individual user. Comes down to freedom of choice again.
    pain in abortion.

15. #74 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,679 Times in 16,485 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 585 Times in 561 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stretch View Post
    Don't mistake me for a fanatic. Wind and solar have been around forever. Nothing wrong with either. Nuclear is fine as well. But, I'm not a fanatic who says that oil and coal power must be destroyed, nor am I a fanatic who says that wind, solar & nuclear are now the ONLY acceptable choices. All forms of energy production can be made and used in sensible and safe ways to suit the needs of each individual user. Comes down to freedom of choice again.
    This is words of wisdom here. They can ( and right now have to) compliment each other to serves the worlds energy needs. Eventually there will even be a power source that dwarfs what we are all discussing now. Maybe not in our lifetime, but someone will figure it out.

16. #75 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,028 Times in 3,012 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 234 Times in 225 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sailor View Post
    No. Not a different one. Just the one engineering schools and real science teaches. Not some yahoo that watched a few youtube videos and decided to make a "off grid" system a two year old can do. They claim themselves and expert.
    Now put up or shut up. Your explanation for the 2nd law of thermodynamics is just wrong. Plain old wrong. It is really about entropy always increases. Not that I would expect you to know what entropy is. Or how that would apply to an alternative energy system or something like carnot's cycle. Something else I am sure you have no fucking clue about.

Anyway. Please, please educate us all on how the 2nd law of thermodynamics is being broken by alternative energy sources, yet mysteriously only works for conventional power sources including fossil fuels. Please professor, put your money where your uneducated mouth is.
    This would go a lot easier if you didn't misstate what I am saying.

I never claimed that the mere existence of wind and solar violate the 2nd law of thermodynamics

I merely pointed out and correctly that Entropy will prevent them from ever being more efficient than oil, natural gas and coal. That is just a fact. That doesn't mean they won't become more efficient. I am sure they can. But they will never be AS EFFICIENT as the big three

I am not opposed to them as being part of a non government subsidized energy policy.

I just think it is a pipe dream to believe that they will be able to switch us over to an economy run on solar and wind. It is impossible.

Not sure how much more clear I can make it. If you want to persist in misreading what I am saying then all I can say is go fuck yourself