Page 355 of 372 FirstFirst ... 255305345351352353354355356357358359365 ... LastLast
Results 5,311 to 5,325 of 5567

Thread: trump: oblivious moron or psychotically narcissistic oblivious moron?

1. #5311 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 105 Times in 102 Posts

trump hired a new lawyer to deal with his "nothing burger." Feller's name is Ty Cobb. Let's see who can come up with the best punchline. Actual facts like this guy being part of a firm appealing trump's Muslim travel ban don't count.
    It's very hard not to be condescending, when you're explaining something to an idiot. - Bill Maher

2. #5312 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Fox News’ Shepard Smith Slams White House for ‘Lie After Lie After Lie’ About Russia (Video)

https://www.yahoo.com/tv/fox-news-sh...234505034.html

Oh well, he'll always have Hannity.
    It's very hard not to be condescending, when you're explaining something to an idiot. - Bill Maher

3. The Following User Says Thank You to RickyTavy For This Post:

Phantasmal (07-17-2017)

4. #5313 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I guess I should have pulled my punches early, instead of scaring off all the local Deplorables. Gotten to where I have to hunt 'em down on other threads.

5. #5314 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 9 Times in 9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RickyTavy View Post
    Checked out Kaibab Lake near Williams, Az. Never been there before. Reports said it had a nice variety of fish, which I found appealing. OTOH, it was very close to town, so I worried it would be heavily fished. And, as I said it is a bad time of year. Fishing sucked. Pretty place, though.

Wifey and I enjoyed the ride from Vegas down to where you live when we visited a few years ago. Sorta like a MOONSCAPE between Hoover Dam area South for about 50 miles, then it turns tame. Arizona is definitely DIVERSE in its terrain and BEAUTY. I got sick of sand when we drove from Sedona to San Diego, especially through the YUMA area, but did appreciate them cactus you only see in the movies.

My eldest lad is currently on a paid apprenticeship with the National Park Service at Bryce Canyon National Park in Utah, and LOVING IT. We were there...

It's a special place on earth.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LVatorman For This Post:

InstantOn (07-15-2017), Moondoggie (07-14-2017)

7. #5315 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by LVatorman View Post
    Wifey and I enjoyed the ride from Vegas down to where you live when we visited a few years ago. Sorta like a MOONSCAPE between Hoover Dam area South for about 50 miles, then it turns tame. Arizona is definitely DIVERSE in its terrain and BEAUTY. I got sick of sand when we drove from Sedona to San Diego, especially through the YUMA area, but did appreciate them cactus you only see in the movies.

My eldest lad is currently on a paid apprenticeship with the National Park Service at Bryce Canyon National Park in Utah, and LOVING IT. We were there...

It's a special place on earth.
    You might suggest the writer Edward Abbey to your eldest, if hasn't found him already.

8. #5316 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 7 Times in 7 Posts

You might suggest the writer Edward Abbey to your eldest, if hasn't found him already.
    And I will second that recommendation. And thank you again Ricky for introducing him to me.
    "So there's a choice: transform into a sustainable society, or collapse until there's a sustainable society. We're going to get to sustainable one way or another." --Frank Landis, Hot Earth Dreams

9. #5317 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by kflaux View Post
    And I will second that recommendation. And thank you again Ricky for introducing him to me.
    Particularly relevant for somebody rangering in that area.

10. #5318 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Something not adequately reported regarding Junior and his meeting and the excuse it was only lobbying about the Magnitsky Act. The Act put sanctions on Russians in Putin's inner circle who were responsible for the death of a lawyer who was investigation the corruption of Putin and his oligarchs. It only hurts Putin and his cronies. Anybody fighting against this act is, de facto, representing the Russian government. Again, the only people it affects are Putin and his cronies.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RickyTavy For This Post:

InstantOn (07-15-2017), Phantasmal (07-17-2017)

12. #5319 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Umm. This is one article on climate change that even some prominent climate scientists are calling alarmist. I hope to get around to reading it myself later today.

However, for nearly all readers, the first line will be correct: it's worse than you think it is.
    I did get around to reading this article today (http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer...or-humans.html). It is easy to see why it caused a stir.

Still, the guy states at the beginning that these are worst-case scenarios, the kind of environmental apocalypse that would only be likely if we kept repeating our mistake and electing Trump-like psychopaths election after election, pretty much allowing the Kochs and their ilk (...I can use that word, now, right?) to take charge of our environment policy. Oh, and Europe, China, Japan, etc make similar blunders. ...okay, paraphrasing there, but. We would have to pretty much ignore climate change and party like it's 1954 right up until the floods and droughts and storms and etc keep us from extracting any more FFs.

...trying to scare people into action is generally not smart. I suspect this might have been the real reason for the negative reactions of some scientists, as recounted here, for example:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...abitable-earth
    "So there's a choice: transform into a sustainable society, or collapse until there's a sustainable society. We're going to get to sustainable one way or another." --Frank Landis, Hot Earth Dreams

13. #5320 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 20 Times in 20 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kaykan View Post
    Don't forget your [RickyTavy] china tea cup. Milk first, so the tea doesn't stain it.
    I thought it was so the hot/boiling tea didn't scald the milk.

14. #5321 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I did get around to reading this article today (http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer...or-humans.html). It is easy to see why it caused a stir.

Still, the guy states at the beginning that these are worst-case scenarios, the kind of environmental apocalypse that would only be likely if we kept repeating our mistake and electing Trump-like psychopaths election after election, pretty much allowing the Kochs and their ilk (...I can use that word, now, right?) to take charge of our environment policy. Oh, and Europe, China, Japan, etc make similar blunders. ...okay, paraphrasing there, but. We would have to pretty much ignore climate change and party like it's 1954 right up until the floods and droughts and storms and etc keep us from extracting any more FFs.

...trying to scare people into action is generally not smart. I suspect this might have been the real reason for the negative reactions of some scientists, as recounted here, for example:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...abitable-earth
    You act as if poorly educated Deplorables will parrot what the sites where they graze will tell them to squawk in terms of how climate concerns are "alarmist" hysteria, citing scientists they would otherwise ridicule in the process.

15. #5322 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Particularly relevant for somebody rangering in that area.
    Yeah. That story he tells about trying to climb down a cliff wall, getting stuck midway, unable to move up or down, and concluding he was bound to die there, for example.

Anyways, Abbey was one enviro that you wound never call a wimpy tree-hugger. And not just 'cuz there aren't much in the way of trees in the regions he was writing about.

16. #5323 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=...&v=3Kh_v_rD2j0

Begala: We should be debating whether to bomb Russia
    Washington Free Beacon 10,063 views

Insane guy wants to bomb Russia over Crooked Hillary losing. Quite intent about it too. Brought to you by CNN fake news.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to yowsa For This Post:

Dropbear1 (07-14-2017)

18. #5324 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by yowsa View Post
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=...&v=3Kh_v_rD2j0

Begala: We should be debating whether to bomb Russia
    Washington Free Beacon 10,063 views

Insane guy wants to bomb Russia over Crooked Hillary losing. Quite intent about it too. Brought to you by CNN fake news.
    One of the things I like about Yowsa is that while most Deplorables have learned to provide sane links their loony sites they won't mention give them for cover, yowsa lets you know the source of craziness.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to RickyTavy For This Post:

LVatorman (07-14-2017)

20. #5325 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 9 Times in 9 Posts

I just texted him asking if he knew of the author.
    Last edited by LVatorman; 07-14-2017 at 10:08 PM.