Page 333 of 372 FirstFirst ... 233283323329330331332333334335336337343 ... LastLast
Results 4,981 to 4,995 of 5567

Thread: trump: oblivious moron or psychotically narcissistic oblivious moron?

1. #4981 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 34 Times in 34 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Corazón View Post
    Camille Paglia has the measure of these arrogant snotty arseholes!

There seems to be a huge conceptual gap between Trump and his most implacable critics on the left. Many highly educated, upper-middle-class Democrats regard themselves as exemplars of "compassion" (which they have elevated into a supreme political principle) and yet they routinely assail Trump voters as ignorant, callous hate-mongers. These elite Democrats occupy an amorphous meta-realm of subjective emotion, theoretical abstractions, and refined language. But Trump is by trade a builder who deals in the tangible, obdurate, objective world of physical materials, geometry, and construction projects, where communication often reverts to the brusque, coarse, high-impact level of pre-modern working-class life, whose daily locus was the barnyard. It's no accident that bourgeois Victorians of the industrial era tried to purge "barnyard language" out of English.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/camill...rticle/2008464

Sent from my Lenovo K52e78 using Tapatalk
    Trump is a con man and you're a jackass.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to X.O. For This Post:

Rune (07-12-2017)

3. #4982 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 105 Times in 102 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmos View Post
    Of course you realize this will never work. Combustion of Hydrogen produces water vapor, which we all know is a greenhouse gas. It'll doom us all.
    If Hide-From Millie could talk about unthawing stuff to go with his casual bigotry, it would be like you never failed in trying to seduce Old Lady Flush away from Otedium.
    It's very hard not to be condescending, when you're explaining something to an idiot. - Bill Maher

4. #4983 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

5. #4984 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by X.O. View Post
    Millie likes to parrot rightard propaganda sites, while flailing limp-wristed shots from a hide-from bunker at people he claims to be ignoring. Throw in his silly affectation of a signature, and it's like Otedium and ChlamydiaBear mated and had an abortion that lived ... kinda.

QED

Glug
    It's very hard not to be condescending, when you're explaining something to an idiot. - Bill Maher

6. #4985 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by RickyTavy View Post
    Millie likes to parrot rightard propaganda sites, while flailing limp-wristed shots from a hide-from bunker at people he claims to be ignoring. Throw in his silly affectation of a signature, and it's like Otedium and ChlamydiaBear mated and had an abortion that lived ... kinda.

QED

Glug
    He's got that passive-aggressive, crybaby thing going on too.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to X.O. For This Post:

RickyTavy (07-12-2017), Rune (07-12-2017)

8. #4986 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

9. #4987 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Hey, Deplorables, you know what your feckless leader thinks of you? He TWITtered today that he seldom has time to watch TV. How does it feel to know the object of your groupie adoration think's you are such suckers you will believe even that?

10. #4988 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by RickyTavy View Post
    Hey, Deplorables, you know what your feckless leader thinks of you? He TWITtered today that he seldom has time to watch TV. How does it feel to know the object of your groupie adoration think's you are such suckers you will believe even that?
    Seems they'll swallow anything he says. And like it.

They're even entertained that most Americans believe this failing, panicking, inept, administration is collapsing before our eyes.

11. #4989 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Seems they'll swallow anything he says. And like it.

They're even entertained that most Americans believe this failing, panicking, inept, administration is collapsing before our eyes.
    trump TWITtered today as part of his claim that he doesn't have time to watch TV that his "White House is functioning perfectly ..." Sounds to me like you've been reading fake news again.

12. #4990 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 22 Times in 19 Posts

Nah, just a dummy and a crybaby. Or vice versa.

But then you have to marvel at his "source", striking a devastating blow to the bottoms of elitist liberal elites (alleging they inhabit "an amorphous meta-realm of subjective emotion" - not just emotion, but "subjective emotion" - ha!), and then turn around and scold them for their "refined language". Anti-intellectualism has its weird quirks.

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Owl'd You're Up! For This Post:

blackvegetable (07-12-2017), Moondoggie (07-12-2017), RickyTavy (07-12-2017), Rune (07-12-2017)

14. #4991 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 19 Times in 18 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by blackvegetable View Post
    It now appears that USMB DID, in fact, make my ban permanent - well after the fact.

This is curious, because one thing it effects is that I cannot access my correspondence with Flacal.........which is really, really good for flacal....
    Didn't you set up your PM account to send a copy of all PMs to your email addy?
    If so, check that addy, and also check the email provider's server.

15. #4992 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 6 Times in 6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Corazón View Post
    Camille Paglia has the measure of these arrogant snotty arseholes!

There seems to be a huge conceptual gap between Trump and his most implacable critics on the left. Many highly educated, upper-middle-class Democrats regard themselves as exemplars of "compassion" (which they have elevated into a supreme political principle) and yet they routinely assail Trump voters as ignorant, callous hate-mongers. These elite Democrats occupy an amorphous meta-realm of subjective emotion, theoretical abstractions, and refined language. But Trump is by trade a builder who deals in the tangible, obdurate, objective world of physical materials, geometry, and construction projects, where communication often reverts to the brusque, coarse, high-impact level of pre-modern working-class life, whose daily locus was the barnyard. It's no accident that bourgeois Victorians of the industrial era tried to purge "barnyard language" out of English.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/camill...rticle/2008464

Sent from my Lenovo K52e78 using Tapatalk
    I knew Camille from college. We went drinking for the first time together and Camille had the fortitude not to throw up in the taxi home though she really wanted to. That doesn't mean I respect her political views.

I should add she is one of the Eastern elites. Her father was a professor of Italian at Syracuse U. She was our class valedictorian.

Oh, and Trump is just another guy from Queens.
    Last edited by InstantOn; 07-12-2017 at 01:04 PM.

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to InstantOn For This Post:

blackvegetable (07-12-2017), cnm (07-12-2017), Kaykan (07-12-2017), Moondoggie (07-12-2017), Rune (07-12-2017)

17. #4993 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Heard on the radio driving home today that my Congressskunk, Paul Gosar, is saying he doesn't care if people are angry about being blocked from his FB Page, so I sent him a message on his site:

Congratulations! I hear you were finally accepted to trump University and that DeVos has arranged a high-interest student loan to pay for it. You'll want to take care majoring in Trickle-on Economics, though. The Russian professor and his sexy assistants have a unique, some say golden, interpretation of what it means to screw poor people. Keep up the good Koch sucking.

Got a notice that those who handle his page will review what I said to determine if it will be published on his page. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

18. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to RickyTavy For This Post:

blackvegetable (07-12-2017), cnm (07-12-2017), InstantOn (07-12-2017), Kaykan (07-12-2017), Moondoggie (07-12-2017), Owl'd You're Up! (07-12-2017), Rune (07-12-2017)

19. #4994 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Lunch.

20. #4995 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 113 Times in 111 Posts

Sure. PM sent
    Thanks......I'm gonna put something together this weekend....

she was decent - I'd want her to know what DIDN'T happen..