Thread: Bernies America. Liberal family values

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,028 Times in 3,012 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 234 Times in 225 Posts

Default Bernies America. Liberal family values

Looks like the liberals new hero was an abusive man who drove this girl to suicide

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/l...619-story.html

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,196 Times in 3,829 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 261 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

"There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,229 Times in 809 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 176 Times in 163 Posts

While I don't think this thread topic rises to the level of APP, it has to be obvious that this man had problems. How we define these problems can be complex and is often dependent on the biases of the interpreter. Americans can certainly be frustrated at the way wealth manages the nation today. That warning came from Washington, Lincoln and Eisenhower to name just three presidents who spoke out about the subject. But this sort of violence is unacceptable. Of course then bringing up 'family values' by a Trump groupie given how Pres Trump dumped Ivana, cheated on her and Marla Maples, met Melania will cheating on Marla, mentioning family values in this context would win the 'ostrich head in sand award' if there were one.

A bit more serious while slightly OT everyone make sure you read 'On Tyranny: Twenty Lessons from the Twentieth Century' by Timothy Snyder. Snyder covers the sort of thought, a kind of belief system that allows Trump's lies and empty promises to be forgiven while criticizing everyone else. See Lesson 10.
    Wanna make America great, buy American owned, made in the USA, we do. AF Veteran, INFJ-A, I am not PC.

"I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it." Voltaire

4. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

"Family values" is just so yesterday..

Gun rights & sucking up to putin have replaced that...

Those folks can go back to their seats in the outer rooms....
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

5. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

One of the best pieces I have read on Trump is linked below.

http://lithub.com/rebecca-solnit-the...-donald-trump/

This writer knows Trump and calls him 'appallingly ignorant'. So far I gotta agree.

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3...f-donald-trump

And this is the history of right wing reactionary thought. Excellent read for the more inquisitive among JPP readers.

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1...ic_of_Reaction

"In Trump’s campaign speeches, his biggest applause lines came when he promised to prevent people from Muslim countries from entering the United States, when he pledged to build a wall on the border with Mexico, and when he advocated protectionist measures to save American jobs. Trump generated support and momentum for his campaign by offering voters an inflammatory brew of Islamophobia and economic nationalism. Today, however, this agenda is largely stalled. The courts have rejected the anti-Muslim travel ban, and Congress has rejected the wall. Meanwhile, Trump himself has embraced the Saudi Arabian monarchy, which helped popularize Islamist extremism, and has backed off from his threats to withdraw from nafta and impose hefty tariffs on goods from Mexico and China." John Cassidy http://www.newyorker.com/news/john-c...rovel-to-trump
    Wanna make America great, buy American owned, made in the USA, we do. AF Veteran, INFJ-A, I am not PC.

"I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it." Voltaire

6. The Following User Says Thank You to midcan5 For This Post:

Bill (06-29-2017)

7. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

ThnX....

8. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Alice, you have to forget Bernie and focus on your party. The republicans now control our government and they can't even get bad things done. It is kinda funny. Had Hillary won, they would have been happy and would have had lots of pretend investigations proceeding posthaste. Now when they are required to do legislation they are lost. Sad.

I see you are still engaging in the wannabe fascist tool of censoring dialogue. Sad.

"Cockroaches are repelled by light." anon

9. The Following User Says Thank You to midcan5 For This Post:

Bill (07-07-2017)

10. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Major fail....

"Who knew it would be so hard", the guy that golfs most weekends, same one that said he would be to busy to golf every weekend....