Teen Who Laughed While Beating Boy With Brass Knuckles Gets What’s Coming To Him

A teenager from Conway, Arkansas thought it would be “thug” to put on a pair of brass knuckles, quietly walk up behind a boy three-fourths his age and sucker punch him in the side of the head. With the video running, the teen did exactly that. He knocked the younger 12-year-old boy to the ground.

The surprise attack occurred on May 31, 2016 and involved 16-year-old Kane Millsaps who had the brass knuckles. He was caught on camera targeting the 12-year-old child in a sucker punch that left him senseless.

Now Millsaps faces up to 20 years in prison for the brutal assault…

In the video, you see Millsaps wearing brass knuckles on his left hand. Then he raises both middle fingers to the camera right before walking up behind the boy in the baseball cap and slamming him in the side of the head with a hook punch.

Without a pause, the victim slumps to the ground. Then a girl off camera shouts, “Kane!”

With the other boy senseless on the ground, Millsaps continues his brutal assault. Relentlessly, he punches the younger child in the face while he is down.

Even MIllsaps’s attorney cannot deny the brutality of the unprovoked attack.

“The video is disturbing,” Millsaps’ attorney Frank Shaw said. “It caused me, like everyone else that saw it, a good bit of discomfort.”

With the other boy senseless on the ground, Millsaps continues his brutal assault. Relentlessly, he punches the younger child in the face while he is down.

Even MIllsaps’s attorney cannot deny the brutality of the unprovoked attack.

“The video is disturbing,” Millsaps’ attorney Frank Shaw said. “It caused me, like everyone else that saw it, a good bit of discomfort.”

After the surprise attack, the 12-year-old victim suffered broken teeth, a cut on his neck, and a bruised right eye. He is lucky he didn’t die or leave the fight paralyzed.

Because the attack was caught on camera and proves that Millsaps had no remorse concerning it, he has been charged as an adult. If convicted of first degree battery, he could spend the next twenty years of his life in prison.

“If he gets the maximum sentence, which I hope he doesn’t, he’ll get out when he is 36 years old,” Shaw questions. “Then what?”

Millsaps’s mother excused her boy’s behavior. She claimed that since he deals with mental issues, he should be excused. He has spent a year and a half in a juvenile detention center for fighting on previous occasion. He has a violent history.

“It’s my opinion that this is an untreated 16-year-old who needs help,” Shaw said.

Shaw is desperate to win the case for his client. But the video evidence makes it hard for the defense attorney to have a case. Because of that, he has filed a motion to have the court evaluate Millsaps’s mental health.

Shaw claims to have “reasonable suspicion [Millsaps is] not fit to proceed forward with criminal proceedings.”

Because Millsaps has been “rehabilitated” in juvenile detention, and it clearly didn’t work, Shaw thinks that Alabama taxpayers should fork over more money to pay for the violent abuser’s treatment.

“I think it’s a tragedy and it has caused not only my client to be incarcerated because of this but it’s also caused a victim to be injured,” he said.