Page 16 of 37 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

Thread: London Apartment Tower ENGULFED in flames for a day but NO COLLAPSE!!!

1. #226 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,432 Times in 12,044 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,699 Times in 1,647 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SmarterthanYou View Post
    hyperbole and ridicule. a sure sign you're losing due to facts.
    No, I really want to provide some monetary help; so you can continue with your crusade.
    SEDITION: incitement of resistance to or insurrection against lawful authority.

2. #227 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,432 Times in 12,044 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,699 Times in 1,647 Posts
    Blog Entries

shouldn't YOU be the one posting that with your claim of it falling the way it was supposed to?
    I never made the claim that it was built with the expectation of "falling", so that proof would be the responsibility of the one who suggested it.
    SEDITION: incitement of resistance to or insurrection against lawful authority.

3. #228 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,679 Times in 16,485 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 585 Times in 561 Posts
    Blog Entries

try following the thread.
    I have not read it from the beginning but I have the last few pages. I think my question is justified.

4. #229 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,581 Times in 9,703 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,312 Times in 1,210 Posts
    Blog Entries

and you're seriously going to sit there and try to tell me that engineering and structure forensics for these two buildings was SO EXACT!!!!!!! that it could be built to fall straight down in upon itself no matter the cause of the damage??????
    The science doesn't have to be exact. The only load acting on the buildings between the time of the crashes and collapse were gravity, which acts straight downward.

Let me explain it as simply as possible. The two towers were built with a ring of perimeter columns, and a second smaller ring surrounding the elevator core. The crashes and fires were tens of stories below the top of the building, so there were huge gravity loads acting on the columns in the fire area. The heavy steel columns were braced by the interior floors (roughly 10' spacing). The floors were all supported by bar joists, which are very light weight. Once the joists got soft from the fires they sagged and could no longer support the columns.

Once the support was lost the weight of the upper floors crushed the columns and then the whole mess started to accelerate by gravity downward. So the next floor below got dynamic loads in addition to gravity loads, and collapsed. That continued right down to the ground.

5. #230 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,816 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,328 Times in 1,225 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by USFREEDOM911 View Post
    Just because you run from the facts, doesn't mean that there is no basis to them.

Just accept the fact that you have nothing but conjecture, supposition, and assumptions to suggest that your paranoid conclusion is fact.
    dude, I asked a simple damned question and was given a bullshit answer that NOBODY has been able to answer with good, definitive information. would you like to try it?
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

6. #231 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by GazzaQueen View Post
    So that's how they did it. Good thinking.
    yeah, you're right. the government is a stand up, never do bad, organization that ONLY works for our best interests and safety. how could i have been so wrong..........
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

7. #232 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Milagro View Post
    Man I thought you were smarter than that, you are venturing onto Desh territory.
    you're right. government is good and noble. would NEVER do anything wrong to us. my bad.

8. #233 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by USFREEDOM911 View Post
    I never made the claim that it was built with the expectation of "falling", so that proof would be the responsibility of the one who suggested it.
    then ask RIGHT to provide it.

9. #234 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,373 Times in 1,045 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 34 Times in 32 Posts

yeah, you're right. the government is a stand up, never do bad, organization that ONLY works for our best interests and safety. how could i have been so wrong..........
    How did they do it, I wonder. What do you say?

10. #235 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Right View Post
    The science doesn't have to be exact. The only load acting on the buildings between the time of the crashes and collapse were gravity, which acts straight downward.
    then you suck ass as a scientist with an engineering degree because you're missing a supposedly very important factor in your 'loads' which is the fire and initial damage from the jet. but lets not let awkward issues fuck with your scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by Right View Post
    Let me explain it as simply as possible. The two towers were built with a ring of perimeter columns, and a second smaller ring surrounding the elevator core. The crashes and fires were tens of stories below the top of the building, so there were huge gravity loads acting on the columns in the fire area. The heavy steel columns were braced by the interior floors (roughly 10' spacing). The floors were all supported by bar joists, which are very light weight. Once the joists got soft from the fires they sagged and could no longer support the columns.

Once the support was lost the weight of the upper floors crushed the columns and then the whole mess started to accelerate by gravity downward. So the next floor below got dynamic loads in addition to gravity loads, and collapsed. That continued right down to the ground.
    and you're basing your theory on the hypothesis of BOTH planes causing almost the SAME AMOUNT of LOCALIZED damage, and that the fire from both jets caused an EQUAL AMOUNT of heat damage to those 8 supporting joists in BOTH BUILDINGS just so that they both collapsed in upon themselves in almost the exact way each............

and you think those odds are the same as a group of 19 individuals who actually PLANNED on ramming two planes in to two buildings.......

yeah, i see how that works in idiot land.

11. #236 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

How did they do it, I wonder. What do you say?
    why are you asking me that? do you think i'm part of the government?

12. #237 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,005 Times in 8,032 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,672 Times in 1,550 Posts

then you suck ass as a scientist with an engineering degree because you're missing a supposedly very important factor in your 'loads' which is the fire and initial damage from the jet. but lets not let awkward issues fuck with your scenario.

and you're basing your theory on the hypothesis of BOTH planes causing almost the SAME AMOUNT of LOCALIZED damage, and that the fire from both jets caused an EQUAL AMOUNT of heat damage to those 8 supporting joists in BOTH BUILDINGS just so that they both collapsed in upon themselves in almost the exact way each............

and you think those odds are the same as a group of 19 individuals who actually PLANNED on ramming two planes in to two buildings.......

yeah, i see how that works in idiot land.
    You should.

You being the resident expert on the subject of how things work in idiot land.
    https://i.postimg.cc/PqVCnGks/gojoe1.jpg
    C'MON MAN!!!!

13. #238 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    You should.

You being the resident expert on the subject of how things work in idiot land.
    yet you're the one swallowing the government koolaid. whatever.

14. #239 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,373 Times in 1,045 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 34 Times in 32 Posts

why are you asking me that? do you think i'm part of the government?
    I think that any story that you can come up with is much more bizarre and unlikely than what we all saw with our own eyes.

But I know you have an explanation. Maybe it's your secret.

15. #240 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I think that any story that you can come up with is much more bizarre and unlikely than what we all saw with our own eyes.

But I know you have an explanation. Maybe it's your secret.
    if I had an explanation, I would have put it up here long ago.