Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Trump's Travel Costs Are Staggering - Five Years Ago He Complained About Biden's

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,005 Times in 8,032 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,672 Times in 1,550 Posts

Default Trump's Travel Costs Are Staggering - Five Years Ago He Complained About Biden's

More massive hypocrisy from the most massive hypocrite POTUS of the massive hypocrite party.

Trump's Travel Costs Are Staggering, Yet Five Years Ago He Complained About $1 Million Annually for Biden

Five years is a long time—a veritable eternity in the volatile U.S. political landscape—and how far we have come since June 13, 2012, exactly five years ago Tuesday, when Donald Trump tweeted about then–Vice President Joe Biden's travel costs, claiming they were a burden to taxpayers.

"Biden @VP Spends $1 Million Annually for Weekend Trips,"*Trump tweeted*at the time, linking out a Newsmax story. The article noted that Biden was being shuttled to and from his home state of Delaware on the taxpayer's dime despite the vice president being tasked with "[rooting] out wasteful government spending." Newsmax calculated, as Trump's tweet suggested, that taxpayers were forking over about $1 million annually to shuttle Biden around.*

Now, Biden's costs seem downright pedestrian when compared with the amount Trump has required of the taxpayer in his nearly five months in the White House.

Air Force records obtained by the*conservative group Judicial Watch*show that just the flights for two trips to Trump's*Mar-a-Lago estate in Florida cost more than $1.2 million.

Through his first 100 days, Trump spent one-quarter of his time in Florida, costing taxpayers some*$7 million, according to Judicial Watch. Exact details of Trump's total travel costs remain somewhat murky until official documents trickle out, but prior*rough estimates*suggested that in just a few months Trump may have cost taxpayers about one-third of what President Barack Obama cost through eight years in office.

As a private citizen, Trump often complained about Obama taking time off or playing golf. "President Obama has a major meeting on the N.Y.C. Ebola outbreak, with people flying in from all over the country, but decided to play golf!" he*tweeted*in 2014.*

Democratic lawmakers didn't seem to forget that.*"For someone who complained about President Obama traveling a lot, he's going to supersede President Obama's travel, all eight years [of it], within a year, which is just absolutely ridiculous," Arizona*Representative Ruben Gallego*told NPR*in April.*
    And nothing but crickets chirping from the supposed "fiscally responsible" massive hypocrites.

SSDD.
    https://i.postimg.cc/PqVCnGks/gojoe1.jpg
    C'MON MAN!!!!

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nomad For This Post:

Bill (06-14-2017), christiefan915 (06-14-2017), Phantasmal (06-15-2017)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,768 Times in 27,242 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 19,590 Times in 18,179 Posts
    Blog Entries

they don't care

they tried ton get this country to default on its debts

they want to kill it from the inside out

they have been colluding with the russians

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,243 Times in 13,968 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,056 Times in 2,851 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    More massive hypocrisy from the most massive hypocrite POTUS of the massive hypocrite party.

And nothing but crickets chirping from the supposed "fiscally responsible" massive hypocrites.

SSDD.
    Conservatives certainly do seem to have a selective memory, what was important to them four years ago is now easily forgotten, says a lot of what is suppose to be their "conservative principles"

5. The Following User Says Thank You to archives For This Post:

Phantasmal (06-15-2017)

6. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,768 Times in 27,242 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 19,590 Times in 18,179 Posts
    Blog Entries

7. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,679 Times in 16,485 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 585 Times in 561 Posts
    Blog Entries

Compared to Biden's he is costing more. How much is it costing for Mike Pence? Now, lets compare Presidents. Is Trump up to Obama's travel costs yet? Just asking.

8. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 17 Times in 17 Posts

Trump on pace to surpass 8 years of Obama's travel spending in 1 year

Conservatives frequently attacked Obama for spending on his travel while president
    Trump has spent 21 days at his Mar-A-Lago resort in Florida

Washington (CNN)Donald Trump's travel to his private club in Florida has cost over an estimated $20 million in his first 80 days as president, putting the president on pace in his first year of office to surpass former President Barack Obama's spending on travel for his entire eight years.

The outsized spending on travel stands in stark relief to Trump's calls for belt tightening across the federal government and the fact that he regularly criticized Obama for costing the American taxpayer money every time he took a trip.
    Given variations in each trip, estimating the security costs around a presidential trip is difficult. But a 2016 Government Accountability Office report about a four-day trip Obama took to Florida in 2013 -- one similar to Trump's trips -- found the total cost to the Secret Service and Coast Guard was $3.6 million.
    Trump notches his 13th golf course visit
    Trump notches his 13th golf course visit
    To date, Trump has spent six weekends -- and a total of 21 days -- at Mar-A-Lago, his private Palm Beach club. The total estimated costs for those trips are around $21.6 million.
    Obama, by contrast, spent just under $97 million on travel in his eight years as president, according to documents reviewed by Judicial Watch, a conservative government watchdog. These trips included personal trips - including ski trips to Aspen and the Obama's annual family vacation in Martha's Vineyard, Massachusetts -- and work trips, like a visit to Everglades National Park on Earth Day in 2015.
    Trump's frequent weekend travel makes it all but certain the 45th President will surpass Obama's spending in his first term, likely within months.
    The spending comes as Trump asks the federal government to slash non-defense spending by $54 billion, including deep cuts to the State Department, the Department of Housing and Urban Development, the Environmental Protection Agency and the wholesale elimination of other federal programs. The proposed cuts, which are unlikely to be adopted in total, will correspond with $54 billion in increases to defense spending.
    Trump's frequent trips to Florida will likely end soon. Businesses in Palm Beach County have been told to expect the president to visit through May, but that Trump will likely stop visiting after that because the weather in the area begins to get stiflingly hot.
    USFREEDOM911 Expresses one of his homosexual prison rape fantasies;
    Quote Originally Posted by USFREEDOM911 View Post
    he may be getting several boners, they just won't be his.
    "You got shot in the balls and you're still walking!! Then this probably won't hurt you at all (as he unzips his pants)."

I would kill someone who didn't pay me, after I give them a blowjob.
    Does that make me insane?

9. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

^So your article clearly states he is not up to Obama yet. Come on back when he is. Idiot.

10. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Sailor View Post
    Compared to Biden's he is costing more. How much is it costing for Mike Pence? Now, lets compare Presidents. Is Trump up to Obama's travel costs yet? Just asking.
    If you weren't such a useless lazy-ass you could've easily found out for yourself....

C'MON MAN!!!!

11. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

If you weren't such a useless lazy-ass you could've easily found out for yourself....

I love the way you curl into a fetal position pissing yourself when you actually have to prove your bullshit.

12. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I love the way you curl into a fetal position pissing yourself when you actually have to prove your bullshit.
    At least I a) actually say something other than random babbling nonsense like you and b) do actually back up what I say.

You just drool shit.
    C'MON MAN!!!!

13. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

At least I a) actually say something other than random babbling nonsense like you and b) do actually back up what I say.

You just drool shit.
    Say something? You call cutting and pasting saying something? That GED certainly is not serving you well Jethro. Not to mention the fact your "backing up" clearly points out Trump is no where near Obama's travel cost yet.
    Dumb fuck.

14. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

The numbers are real and well known, sailor-boy...
    Have anything beyond impotent Ad hominem?
    "You got shot in the balls and you're still walking!! Then this probably won't hurt you at all (as he unzips his pants)."

15. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

^So your article clearly states he is not up to Obama yet. Come on back when he is. Idiot.
    Do you understand what "on pace" means, sailor-boy?
    You are such a stupid fuck.

16. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Say something? You call cutting and pasting saying something? That GED certainly is not serving you well Jethro. Not to mention the fact your "backing up" clearly points out Trump is no where near Obama's travel cost yet.
    Dumb fuck.
    Let me know when you learn how to read and have something semi intelligent to say.

Maybe I'll pay attention to you, Lil' Dinghy Boy.

You might want to look into a basic math course too. Then you might understand the significance of how, after less than 6 months in office, Trump is already ¼ of the way to equalling Obama's travel spending for eight years.

Hillbilly moron.
    C'MON MAN!!!!

17. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,028 Times in 3,012 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 234 Times in 225 Posts

SSDD.
    Money well spent. It costs money to MAGA