Thread: More terrible news for creationists- Exvangelicals are coming!!!!!

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,145 Times in 10,539 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,987 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default More terrible news for creationists- Exvangelicals are coming!!!!!

There is a growing number of “Exvangelicals” who disavow their previous stances on same-sex marriage, race and sexuality.
    Evangelicals, often citing the biblical text, typically maintain that marriage is between one man and one woman. Over 75% tend to worship in racially segregated congregations and favor gun rights and ownership more than other faith groups.
    But my interviewees tend toward intense critiques of their previous religious tradition, as well as rejecting the evangelical faith completely.

White Gen X and millennial evangelicals are losing faith in the conservative culture wars (msn.com)

Read more at the link!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Micawber For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (06-23-2021)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,196 Times in 3,829 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 261 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

IMHO far to many have become politicized... They are much more about politic then faith, love, thy neighbor & "the Gospel".........
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,716 Times in 27,346 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,977 Times in 2,694 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Micawber View Post
    [FONT="]There is a growing number of “Exvangelicals” who disavow their previous stances on same-sex marriage, race and sexuality.[/FONT]
    [FONT="]Evangelicals, often citing the biblical text, typically maintain that marriage is between one man and one woman. Over 75% tend to worship in racially segregated congregations and favor gun rights and ownership more than other faith groups.[/FONT]
    [FONT="]But my interviewees tend toward intense critiques of their previous religious tradition, as well as rejecting the evangelical faith completely.

White Gen X and millennial evangelicals are losing faith in the conservative culture wars (msn.com)

Read more at the link! [/FONT]
    It was encouraging to see the Southern Baptist Convention reject Trumpist MAGA head contenders, and elect a relatively more moderate leader who at least thinks racial reconciliation should be on the table and rejects the nonsense hyperventilation about critical race theory

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cypress For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (06-23-2021), Phantasmal (06-23-2021)

6. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    It was encouraging to see the Southern Baptist Convention reject Trumpist MAGA head contenders, and elect a relatively more moderate leader who at least thinks racial reconciliation should be on the table and rejects the nonsense hyperventilation about critical race theory
    Yep.. Glad to see it
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

7. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    Yep.. Glad to see it
    Good to see you around, chap

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Cypress For This Post:

Phantasmal (06-23-2021)

9. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

You as well my friend.

10. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Yep.. Glad to see it
    “I want to say this bluntly and plainly: if some people were as passionate about the gospel as they were critical race theory, we’d win this world for Christ tomorrow."

-- Reverend James Merritt, Southern Baptist Convention

11. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    “I want to say this bluntly and plainly: if some people were as passionate about the gospel as they were critical race theory, we’d win this world for Christ tomorrow."

-- Reverend James Merritt, Southern Baptist Convention
    I'll drink to that

12. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,195 Times in 33,876 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,086 Times in 4,702 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Micawber View Post
    There is a growing number of “Exvangelicals” who disavow their previous stances on same-sex marriage, race and sexuality.
    Evangelicals, often citing the biblical text, typically maintain that marriage is between one man and one woman. Over 75% tend to worship in racially segregated congregations and favor gun rights and ownership more than other faith groups.
    But my interviewees tend toward intense critiques of their previous religious tradition, as well as rejecting the evangelical faith completely.

Read more at the link!
    My niece is a millennial who is an Evangelical, she recently recommended a book to me, “Jesus and John Wayne” by Kristen Kobes Du Mez
    she doesn’t support the current tenets of Evangelicals. She believes they have lost the gospel values of Jesus.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Phantasmal For This Post:

Cypress (06-23-2021)

14. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    My niece is a millennial who is an Evangelical, she recently recommended a book to me, “Jesus and John Wayne” by Kristen Kobes Du Mez
    she doesn’t support the current tenets of Evangelicals. She believes they have lost the gospel values of Jesus.
    Not read that book but have listened to parts of it & a pretty good analysist of it..

IMHO that book is pretty much on the money..

John Wayne was a hollywood creation. Always the hero & mostly good etc etc etc

Just the opposite of a man that willingly=without opposition was crucified..

15. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,195 Times in 33,876 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,086 Times in 4,702 Posts
    Blog Entries

Not read that book but have listened to parts of it & a pretty good analysist of it..

IMHO that book is pretty much on the money..

John Wayne was a hollywood creation. Always the hero & mostly good etc etc etc

Just the opposite of a man that willingly=without opposition was crucified..
    I have to finish reading my book club read and then I will start it. Always good to see you, Bill.

16. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    I have to finish reading my book club read and then I will start it. Always good to see you, Bill.
    Always good to see you to my friend.. Looking forward to hearing your opinion of it..