Page 74 of 131 FirstFirst ... 246470717273747576777884124 ... LastLast
Results 1,096 to 1,110 of 1957

Thread: Terrible news for the Creation Science museum (and Republicans)

1. #1096 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,699 Times in 27,336 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,977 Times in 2,694 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    You have fossilized cells?

Can we see them?
    Yes, there is a record of ancient single celled archaeon, cyanobacteria, and prokaryotes in Earth's fossil record. This is corroborated in some cases by isotopic data

It is shocking that anyone who wants to be taken seriously in a discussion of life's origins would be oblivious to that scientific fact.

2. #1097 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,976 Times in 32,291 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BidenPresident View Post
    No. But for once in your life on this forum--cite something.
    Big Bang?.....do you need more info?..
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

3. The Following User Says Thank You to PostmodernProphet For This Post:

Into the Night (06-13-2021)

4. #1098 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,989 Times in 11,516 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,459 Times in 2,200 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    Big Bang?.....do you need more info?..
    you're dumb and a waste of time

5. #1099 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,246 Times in 6,876 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,852 Times in 1,715 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    How can I have a faith in it? That doesn't even make any sense. I don't know how it happened. But I DO know it had origin(s) on Earth. An origin could be from aliens seeding Earth. That as a valid theory as others.
    He's just trying - in a really forced kind of way - to make it sound like as much of a religion as actual religion.

People don't worship or have "faith" in anything related to abiogenesis. It's just a fact that life arose at some point. And probably many points. It isn't that mystical - the ability to replicate is all that's required.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to BartenderElite For This Post:

AProudLefty (06-13-2021)

7. #1100 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

You have fossilized cells?

Can we see them?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    Yes, there is a record of ancient single celled archaeon, cyanobacteria, and prokaryotes in Earth's fossil record. This is corroborated in some cases by isotopic data

It is shocking that anyone who wants to be taken seriously in a discussion of life's origins would be oblivious to that scientific fact.
    "one particular group of bacteria, the cyanobacteria or "blue-green algae," have left a fossil record that extends far back into the Precambrian - the oldest cyanobacteria-like fossils known are nearly 3.5 billion years old, among the oldest fossils currently known."
    https://ucmp.berkeley.edu/bacteria/b...rently%20known.

8. #1101 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

So, it’s a ‘fact’ that these organisms self organized from organic compounds?
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

9. #1102 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Into the Night View Post
    Irrelevant. Age does not affect a philosophical argument.
    Falsification is an element of scientific practice, but your worship of Karl Popper's criteria of demarcation does not reflect the reality of how professional science is practiced.

Popper had a misplaced impression of a triumphant progression of science based on the relentless falsification of bogus theories to shrink the scope of our ignorance.

That is not the way it works.

Scientific progress would be at a virtual standstill if we took Karl Popper literally at his word.

We did not throw out Newton's theories of gravitation because the phenomena of dark energy seemed to contradict Newtonian mechanics.

We are not going to discard the theory of general relativity because we discovered it does not work at quantum scales.

Science is going to progress by inference to the best explanation as much as it does by Popper's philosophy of science.

10. #1103 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I see how you shifted the goal posts rather than admit you were unaware of that an ancient fossil record of bacteria exist in the geologic record.

11. #1104 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I see how you shifted the goal posts rather than admit you were unaware of that an ancient fossil record of bacteria exist in the geologic record.
    Granted.

As you have yet to prove that abiogenesis is a ‘fact’. I’ve literally never heard of such a claim.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

12. #1105 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,834 Times in 17,265 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,601 Times in 4,278 Posts

Poor wording. Organized implies thinking or planning. Evolution is random. The changes that are beneficial stay. The ones that are harmful perish.

13. #1106 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Granted.

As you have yet to prove that abiogenesis is a ‘fact’. I’ve literally never heard of such a claim.
    I believe I either said, or directly implied, it is a scientific fact.

Science cannot accept supernatural explanations.

It cannot be proven that abiogenesis was a providential miracle. Maybe it was.

But that is the realm of theology.

The fact that all cells, all DNA molecules, all genes, all proteins, all amino acids are all constructed from a few basic elements found widely in the environment - carbon, hydrogen, oxygen, nitrogen, phosphorus -- indicates scientifically that life arose from a pre-biotic soup of inert chemicals.

That is abiogenesis. There is no other way scientifically to read those facts.

Even the cop out of saying life was seeded from another planet cannot escape the conclusion that life emerged from the complex organization of very basic and common chemicals. At the elemental and atomic level, there is nothing exotic about life. Atomically, it is made up of the same stuff the universe is.

The question is, we do not know what the chemical or physical mechanism is that kick started biological emergence.

14. #1107 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    Poor wording. Organized implies thinking or planning. Evolution is random. The changes that are beneficial stay. The ones that are harmful perish.
    So they say.

15. #1108 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,785 Times in 17,104 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,344 Times in 2,263 Posts
    Blog Entries

Natural selection is not random. Life is "organized" through natural selection.

16. #1109 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,246 Times in 6,876 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,852 Times in 1,715 Posts

So they say.
    Well, it's also observable & logical.

So, there's that.

17. #1110 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I believe I either said, or directly implied, it is a scientific fact.

Science cannot accept supernatural explanations.

It cannot be proven that abiogenesis was a providential miracle. Maybe it was.

But that is the realm of theology.

The fact that all cells, all DNA molecules, all genes, all proteins, all amino acids are all constructed from a few basic elements found widely in the environment - carbon, hydrogen, oxygen, nitrogen, phosphorus -- indicates scientifically that life arose from a pre-biotic soup of inert chemicals.

That is abiogenesis. There is no other way scientifically to read those facts.

Even the cop out of saying life was seeded from another planet cannot escape the conclusion that life emerged from the complex organization of very basic and common chemicals. At the elemental and atomic level, there is nothing exotic about life. Atomically, it is made up of the same stuff the universe is.

The question is, we do not know what the chemical or physical mechanism is that kick started biological emergence.
    Well, at least you backed off the ‘fact’ bit.

Right: science operates in such a way as it *excludes* certain influences at the outset. Which is all well and good as far as it goes and I’m not arguing to change it.

But, it also means science can be ‘blinded’ by it own commitment to philosophical naturalism. And in the instance of abiogenesis it could keep is from discovering the truth.

Regarding the notion that there is ‘nothing exotic about life on the atomic level’: you keep making the same mistake. Life is absolutely ‘exotic’ in the sense that it ALWAYS operates according to an informational code in either DNA or RNA.

Furthermore, the existence of this code *cannot* be explained as a mere consequence of matter and natural laws. Or natural selection.
    Last edited by Darth Omar; 06-13-2021 at 01:12 PM.