Page 130 of 131 FirstFirst ... 3080120126127128129130131 LastLast
Results 1,936 to 1,950 of 1957

Thread: Terrible news for the Creation Science museum (and Republicans)

1. #1936 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    You rely on experts and consensus expert professional judgement in your life on a daily basis. From the medical doctor you see, to the civil engineer-designed roads you drive on.

Let me know when you feel comfortable driving on a bridge designed by nurses.

You implied that the theory of evolution was so weak it would not even stand up in civil court.

Can you name a handful of reputable research molecular biologists, geneticists, and paleontologists who think it is more than 50 percent likely that the basic outline of evolutionary theory is dead wrong?
    When I found one he wouldn’t be reputatable so lol.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

2. #1937 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,145 Times in 10,539 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,987 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BidenPresident View Post
    We know grass, people, and clouds exist. But why is the most powerful force in the universe--God--only an object of faith?!
    Defining it and evidence.

When you make up a concept from whole cloth, like God, you either make a specific claim or a general one about it's traits.
    For religions which make clear decisive definitions of what their god is, there is either no evidence or it is an object that already exists in nature, or even all of it. If you define it as an amorphous gloss over all natural creation you are simply assuming its existence. In any case you can't get out of the blocks with a logical and rational argument with these suckers.

By example for each I could say my silkie breed of chicken I named "thing 1" is god and that it is controlling everything. That's a very specific claim that I can offer no evidence to support except by pointing to the damn bird. And yet you can't prove the negative. The consensus rightly would be that I am delusional just as I conclude all Christians are delusional. I could say everything I see in the world is so amazing and complicated it is all evidence of god. That definition is of course vague, overbroad and unproveable. And still the same evidentiary problem for adherents exists as the former claim, there is no proof.

Assumption of what one wishes to prove is not proof. All believers in a god must suppose its existence and can never prove it.

Evolution suffers from neither of these problems because it is a well defined mechanism and it was created from the evidence that defines the concept, evidence which exists. Same as I can assert and prove my chicken is a bird, and not god. Then finally there are the more clever annoying mystics who simply make their god coopt the next latest greatest scientific creation, wonder or discovery as the work of their particular fantasy creature. Meh, they are all idiots for similar reasons though.

Beyond all this nothing is left but a debate about the nature of knowing, or what knowledge of something is. That is beyond the scope, but I recognize the issue when some dunce averts to it in the context of the god debate.
    Last edited by Micawber; 06-22-2021 at 08:03 AM.

3. #1938 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,278 Times in 27,090 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,975 Times in 2,692 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    When I found one he wouldn’t be reputatable so lol.
    I accept your tacit confession that you cannot cite a list of reputable research biologists, or provide a body of peer reviewed research to support your claims that the basic outlines of evolutionary theory is dead wrong.

4. #1939 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,145 Times in 10,539 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,987 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

"When I found one he wouldn’t be reputatable so lol."

True statement. For the same reason you can't find a reputable plumber who doesn't believe in plumbing. You are a dumbshit.
    You attack evolution not to be entertained but because you are an ignorant hick from West VA. And all you inbreds from your region do it
    because of fear of death and need for a mgical savior to somehow save you from the reality you see in the hospital every day,
    people dying and life ending. It's a fraud and scam and you are being played.

5. #1940 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,785 Times in 32,151 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

You rely on experts and consensus expert professional judgement in your life on a daily basis. From the medical doctor you see, to the civil engineer-designed roads you drive on.

You implied that the theory of evolution was so weak it would not even stand up in civil court.

Can you name a handful of reputable research molecular biologists, geneticists, and paleontologists who think it is more than 50 percent likely that the basic outline of evolutionary theory is dead wrong?
    would you want to drive on a road that wasn't intelligently designed?......
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

6. #1941 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,785 Times in 32,151 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Micawber View Post
    [COLOR=#333333][I]"When I found one he wouldn’t be reputatable so lol."

True statement. For the same reason you can't find a reputable plumber who doesn't believe in plumbing.
    I would not hire a plumber who thinks the pipes in my house evolved.......
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

7. #1942 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,926 Times in 11,513 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,361 Times in 1,347 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    Asshole; the "a" is the body's acceleration due to gravity. Gravity is a constant, dipshit. It only varies if you go off planet to another body.

Did you think the "a" stood for "annoying psycho job"?
    There is no acceleration or 'a' in Newton's law of gravitation.
    "The atmosphere is among the factors that determines the Earth's atmosphere." --ZenMode
    "Donald has failed in almost every endeavor he has attempted. " --floridafan
    "Abortion is not a moral issue. " --BidenPresident
    "Propaganda can also be factual." --Flash
    "Even after being vaccinated, you shed virus particles." --Jerome
    "no slavery is forcing another into labor" -archives
    "Evs are much safer from fires" -- Nordberg
    "Abortion has killed no one." -- LurchAddams

8. #1943 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

So you should have just admitted you do not understand rudimentary algebra from the start instead of wasting my time.

"Newton’s three laws of physics are the basis for mechanics."
    https://courses.lumenlearning.com/bo.../newtons-laws/

"Newton's laws of motion = three laws of mechanics describing the motion of a body"
    https://www.dictionary.com/browse/ne...laws-of-motion
    Irrelevant. Strawman fallacy. Pivot fallacy. Newton's law of gravitation is not F=ma.
    "The atmosphere is among the factors that determines the Earth's atmosphere." --ZenMode

9. #1944 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Right wing blogs do not count as scientific publications.

Clearly you were not reading Scientific American, Smithsonian, or National Geographic.

Obviously, and this is best exemplified by 70 million people voting for the worst president in U.S. history.
    There is no such thing as a 'scientific' publication. Science isn't a magazine, book, pamphlet, or web site.
    Science is a set of falsifiable theories.

10. #1945 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

It does not sound like you were reading any reputable and legitimate scientific literature.

If you had been reading National Geographic, Scientific American, et al. you would not have made the statement that the evidence for evolution is so weak and tenuous it would likely not stand up even in a civil court of law.
    There is no such thing as 'scientific' literature. Science is not a book, pamphlet, web site, or magazine.
    Science is not a law court.
    The Theory of Evolution is not a theory of science.

11. #1946 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I think INT would call that the No True Scotsman Fallacy lol.
    Not quite. It's actually a series of false authority fallacies.
    Scientific consensus is a two dollar term for herd mentality and group think. What was the consensus on the lab origin theory theory two months ago?
    Quite right. Consensus is not used in science. It is only used in religions and government.

12. #1947 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

You rely on experts
    Define 'expert'.
    and consensus
    Consensus is not used in science. It is only used in religions and government.
    expert professional judgement
    Define 'professional judgement'.
    in your life on a daily basis.
    Buzzword fallacies. 'Expert' worship.
    From the medical doctor you see,
    Medical practice isn't science. Science is a set of falsifiable theories. Stitching up a wound is not science. It is technique.
    to the civil engineer-designed roads you drive on.
    Engineering is not science. I build my own roads as well and even drive on them.
    Engineering is not science.
    The Theory of Evolution is not a theory of science. It is a religion.
    You don't get to speak for everyone. You are not God. Omniscience fallacy (bigotry). It is not possible to prove the Theory of Evolution either True nor False. It is not a theory of science either. It is a religion.

13. #1948 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Defining it and evidence.

When you make up a concept from whole cloth, like God, you either make a specific claim or a general one about it's traits.
    For religions which make clear decisive definitions of what their god is, there is either no evidence or it is an object that already exists in nature, or even all of it. If you define it as an amorphous gloss over all natural creation you are simply assuming its existence.
    Religions use supporting evidence. For Christianity, the Bible itself is evidence. So is nature itself.

The Church of No God is no different than any other religion, except for the number of fundamentalists in it.

In any case you can't get out of the blocks with a logical and rational argument with these suckers.
    A circular argument (which all religions are based upon) is not in and of itself illogical or irrational. It is simply a circular argument. It is not a fallacy. The other word for the the circular argument is 'faith'.
    The attempt to prove a circular argument either true or false is the circular argument fallacy. This is what a fundamentalist does.

14. #1949 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I accept your tacit confession that you cannot cite a list of reputable research biologists, or provide a body of peer reviewed research to support your claims that the basic outlines of evolutionary theory is dead wrong.
    You don't get to put words in people's mouths.

He doesn't need to prove the Theory of Evolution is wrong, nor is it possible. It simply isn't a theory of science. It is a religion.

15. #1950 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,278 Times in 27,090 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,975 Times in 2,692 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Into the Night View Post
    Irrelevant. Strawman fallacy. Pivot fallacy. Newton's law of gravitation is not F=ma.
    You should have just confessed you are not familiar with rudimentary algebra. Newton's equations and terms can be rearranged to derive acceleration in accordance with 8th grade algebra skills.

F = ma = GmM / R squared

With "a" being the centripetal acceleration due to the force of gravity.
    Velocity can be derived from acceleration.