Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Member; Please Critique My Views!

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default New Member; Please Critique My Views!

Hello Everyone,

Heard of this site from a friend, checked it out and decided I wanted to be a part of the group.

Throwing it out there now, my views, figured it would be a good way to be intiatiated, plus I have never really discussed my views with anyone before and I am interested in hearing other points of views, both those for and against my views, I am open to changing my mind on things because I do not claim to be the know all, that was the main reason I wanted to join, so that I can be better informed on issues.:

• Trump Sucks - too self absorbed, beliefs are flawed, leadership abilities are very poor and he embarrases the country he represents.
    • Hillary Sucks - ran for the wrong reasons, would have been better than Trump though. I hope we do have a female president within the next 25 years, it would be great for the country. I am thankful it was not her though.
    • Humans contribute to global warming, i am not a scientist but i believe the majority of scientist saying we contribute to it.
    • The student debt situation sucks, college is too expensive however if people do not want to pay for it there is a great solution. Enlist in the military, do 4 years and you get your degree paid for. (I am not a recruiter) The situation we are in is not the best, but instead of expecting everyone to pay for your degree, make a sacrifice, give back to your country and you will be in return given that free college degree you are protesting for.
    • Guns are good
    • Taxes are good, we should all pay and no one should get a tax return. (that is coming from a guy with two young kids and a stay at home wife who got a 7k check this year!). I think of being apart of this country as being a part of a big "small town" and we all need to pay our HOA dues. Even if I do not have kids going to the public school, I still am happy paying taxes for that school to be successful because those kids are going to grow up and being members of my community. I want to live around smart, hard working people, not uneducated low lifes. As well I believe we should take care of the older folks in our society and social security and health care is important and a right.
    • Globalism is a fact of life, there is no going back. We had the entire pie back after WWII because everyone else was rebuilding. Now everyone else has recovered and other countries have turned into industrial socities (China/India). It is impossible for us to ever have the whole pie to ourselves again. Thus we need to focus on improving the education levels of our citizens so that we can be the ones leading the innovations and leadership roles of the future.
    • Free speech is good
    • There is no God
    • Idea for solving Middle East: Prove god is not real, educate everyone in the world, including women in the Middle East that God is not real, hence Islam and all other God based religions are fake. Over a couple hundred years that will become the common belief and thus the reason they are fighting will end. It is a long ass game plan but since they have been fighting for a couple thousand years, a hundred year solution is pretty good IMO.

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,036 Times in 13,846 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,042 Times in 2,838 Posts

Not crazy about "guns are good," can't find any way to justify 30,000+ gun deaths a year, 9,000+ guy homicides a year, and the Second Amendment's prefatory clause reads, "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State," so until someone can define what the Founders meant by that the later section isn't relevant

I totally disagree on the "there is no God," and to think people are going to give up religion is totally naive, it's not the religion, it is what a few do with that religion

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,674 Times in 14,047 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,136 Times in 1,080 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    Not crazy about "guns are good," can't find any way to justify 30,000+ gun deaths a year, 9,000+ guy homicides a year, and the Second Amendment's prefatory clause reads, "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State," so until someone can define what the Founders meant by that the later section isn't relevant

I totally disagree on the "there is no God," and to think people are going to give up religion is totally naive, it's not the religion, it is what a few do with that religion
    Not sure he means that. It was a simple statement of atheism. I can justify the gun death numbers by pointing out that we would still have insanely high gun death numbers if we decided to amuse ourselves by banning guns.

Obviously, he's FOS about taxes, and I don't really care about global warming.

4. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,036 Times in 13,846 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,042 Times in 2,838 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Combover View Post
    Not sure he means that. It was a simple statement of atheism. I can justify the gun death numbers by pointing out that we would still have insanely high gun death numbers if we decided to amuse ourselves by banning guns.

Obviously, he's FOS about taxes, and I don't really care about global warming.
    Disagree totally on the same number of violent homicides without the guns, nothing could be easier when you got a beef with the boss than to grab the weapon in the closet and shoot up the office

5. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

According the Pew, 20k out of the 30k were suicides, so considering 60k died from overdoses last year, 10k is very attainable without legal guns because there will still be guns around even when they are outlawed.

6. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,432 Times in 12,044 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,699 Times in 1,647 Posts
    Blog Entries

Disagree totally on the same number of violent homicides without the guns, nothing could be easier when you got a beef with the boss than to grab the weapon in the closet and shoot up the office
    Sounds like you have very deep seated personal problems and you probably should seek professional help, before you act on your impulses.
    SEDITION: incitement of resistance to or insurrection against lawful authority.

7. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Lern 2 Reed. Just as with his atheist comment, I did not say that the insanely high numbers would be equally as high as they are at present. OTOH, there would be a lot of pissed-off (real) Americans who aren't angry right now, and, as you said, "weapon in the closet..."

8. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Combover View Post
    Lern 2 Reed. Just as with his atheist comment, I did not say that the insanely high numbers would be equally as high as they are at present. OTOH, there would be a lot of pissed-off (real) Americans who aren't angry right now, and, as you said, "weapon in the closet..."
    Learn too spell.

9. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

10. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,051 Times in 26,519 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,742 Times in 4,521 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by USFREEDOM911 View Post
    Learn too spell.
    https://www.grammarly.com/blog/to-too/

Sent from my iPhone 25 GT Turbo

11. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Milagro View Post
    https://www.grammarly.com/blog/to-too/

Sent from my iPhone 25 GT Turbo
    Your point?

12. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

People gave up believing in Mayan sacrifices, the Greek gods, believing the universe revolved around the Earth, that the Earth is flat (eddie bravo doesnt count). All of those were pretty instilled into people and yet science prevailed and is now most of those are commonly thought to be bogus. I think 100-200 years (ie: 4-6 generations) it is totally possible to change minds. Especially with AI coming on board, those bots are going to insist religion is fake!

13. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,780 Times in 32,146 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mudd_dawg22 View Post
    Please Critique My Views!

14. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,495 Times in 1,799 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 171 Times in 164 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mudd_dawg22 View Post
    Hello Everyone,

Heard of this site from a friend
    , checked it out and decided I wanted to be a part of the group.
    Sounds like you have no need for enemies.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Cancel 2018.1 For This Post:

Minister of Truth (06-05-2017)

16. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,196 Times in 3,829 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 261 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Nice avatar

Where, if I may ask, have you posted before??
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."