Thread: Will trump fear prevent Comey from testifying before the Senate intel panel??

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,196 Times in 3,829 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 261 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default Will trump fear prevent Comey from testifying before the Senate intel panel??

Not decided yet?? the man who planned to fire him anyway??

Trump Still Hasn’t Decided Whether To ‘Let’ Comey Testify, Conway Says
    James Comey will testify before a Senate intelligence panel next week.

Jan Wolfe

WASHINGTON, June 2 (Reuters) - U.S. President Donald Trump will decide whether to invoke his presidential powers to block former FBI Director James Comey from giving congressional testimony next week, White House senior adviser Kellyanne Conway said on Friday.

Comey, fired by Trump last month, is due to testify on Thursday before the Senate Intelligence Committee in both an open session and behind closed doors. The hearings could add to problems facing the president over probes into alleged Russian meddling in last year’s U.S. election and potential collusion by his campaign.

In an interview with ABC News, Conway appeared to indicate that the president would allow Comey to testify, saying, “We’ll be watching with the rest of the world when Director Comey testifies.”

But asked directly whether Trump would use executive privilege to prevent Comey from speaking with lawmakers, Conway added: “The president will make that decision.”

JONATHAN ERNST / REUTERS
    Fired FBI Director James Comey has brought untold headaches to President Donald Trump, whose campaign is being investigated for possible coordination with Russia.Legal experts say Trump could invoke a doctrine called executive privilege to try to stop Comey from testifying. But such a maneuver would likely draw a backlash and could be challenged in court, they said.

Trump fired Comey on May 9, prompting a political firestorm and accusations by critics that he was improperly seeking to hinder an FBI probe into Russia’s role in the election and potential collusion by Trump’s campaign.

Comey is expected to be asked by the Senate panel about conversations in which the president is reported to have pressured him to drop a related FBI investigation into Trump’s former national security adviser Michael Flynn, whose ties to Russia are under scrutiny.

The Justice Department and several U.S. congressional committees are investigating the Russia matter.

The Russian government has denied U.S. intelligence agencies’ conclusion that it sought to influence the election in Trump’s favor, but Russian President Vladimir Putin said on Thursday that some Russian individuals may have acted on their own.

Trump, who has raised doubts about the U.S. agencies’ findings, has denied any collusion.
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,679 Times in 16,485 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 585 Times in 561 Posts
    Blog Entries

This I do not agree with. Our entire country is rule of law. No man, not even the President, should have the authority or power to stop someone from testifying. If President Trump decides to invoke executive privilege to stop it, I have to admit he is hiding something.

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,432 Times in 12,044 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,699 Times in 1,647 Posts
    Blog Entries

Since they can ask him questions about Hillary and Lynch, he needs to be careful he isn't "robbed" or that he doesn't "commit suicide".

SEDITION: incitement of resistance to or insurrection against lawful authority.

4. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sailor View Post
    This I do not agree with. Our entire country is rule of law. No man, not even the President, should have the authority or power to stop someone from testifying. If President Trump decides to invoke executive privilege to stop it, I have to admit he is hiding something.
    I agree 100%...

I had no idea he could stop someone from testifying before another branch.. Sounds like Russia..
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

5. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,786 Times in 32,152 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

do you think he will contradict the testimony he gave the last three times he testified?........there was nothing to fear in any of those......

6. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,679 Times in 16,485 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 585 Times in 561 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    do you think he will contradict the testimony he gave the last three times he testified?........there was nothing to fear in any of those......
    I do not know if he will or not. He has to be given the chance though, right?

7. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

No idea.. I would just like to get this out of the way & move on.. Hopefully get a couple weeks of not living in bazzaro world......

8. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Comey could say that him and Trump were talking, Trump told him that the grass was purple, and with absolutely nothing to verify this, liberal snowflakes are going to accept it as the truth.

9. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Will it be just the same as how you flakes accept whatever flows out of your dear leaders mouth or fingers??

10. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,786 Times in 32,152 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    No idea.. I would just like to get this out of the way & move on.. Hopefully get a couple weeks of not living in bazzaro world......
    you could climb out of bizzaro world any time you want........just stop listening to lib'ruls......

11. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 17 Times in 17 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by USFREEDOM911 View Post
    Since they can ask him questions about Hillary and Lynch, he needs to be careful he isn't "robbed" or that he doesn't "commit suicide".

I support Hillary Clinton in the presidential race
    (“I’m a friend of the family”)-Jack Nicholson

Executive privilege is off the table.
    Trump spoke about the meeting in the Holt interview...
    USFREEDOM911 Expresses one of his homosexual prison rape fantasies;
    he may be getting several boners, they just won't be his.
    "You got shot in the balls and you're still walking!! Then this probably won't hurt you at all (as he unzips his pants)."

I would kill someone who didn't pay me, after I give them a blowjob.
    Does that make me insane?

12. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Buckly J. Ewer View Post
    I'm now known as Miss Cleo and I show faux indignation when someone changes or adds to my posts...
    We know.

13. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

you could climb out of bizzaro world any time you want........just stop listening to lib'ruls......
    Hopefully, one day, you will have something worth reading.. DO you use all you good material @ the other board??