Thread: Trump's New AmeriKKKa: Violent GOP Thug Edition

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,661 Times in 7,359 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,968 Times in 1,784 Posts

Default Trump's New AmeriKKKa: Violent GOP Thug Edition

What passes for "civility" in Trump's "New AmeriKKKa"

Greg Gianforte, Republican candidate in Montana special election, allegedly body-slams reporter

On the eve of a special election to fill Montana’s House seat, the Republican candidate allegedly assaulted a journalist who was trying to ask him about the Congressional Budget Office’s scoring of the House health care bill.

A violent altercation ensued, and the reporter, the Guardian’s Ben Jacobs, quickly relayed the incident on social media.

“Greg Gianforte just body slammed me and broke my glasses,” Jacobs tweeted Wednesday evening. In audio released of the incident, Jacobs asks Gianforte a question about the latest CBO scoring of the Affordable Health Care Act.

“I’m sick and tired of you guys,” Gianforte said, as what sounds like a struggle can be heard on the recording. “The last guy who came here did the same thing. Get the hell out of here. Get the hell out of here. The last guy did the same thing. Are you with the Guardian?”

“Yes! You just broke my glasses,” Jacobs replied.

“The last guy did the same damn thing,” Gianforte said.

“You just body slammed me and broke my glasses,” Jacob said.

“Get the hell out of here,” Gianforte yelled.

Jacobs said he went to a local hospital to get an X-ray on his elbow. Gianforte left the event, and members of the Gallatin County Sheriff’s Office were taking statements at the scene. Earlier on Wednesday, Jacobs had published a story in the Guardian about financial ties between Gianforte and Russian companies under U.S. sanctions.

The sheriff’s office initially released a statement Wednesday evening saying it was “investigating allegations of assault involving Greg Gianforte.” As interest in the story grew, a press conference was called hours later. Sheriff Brian Gootkin said he was looking into whether Gianforte had fled the scene. “That will be part of the investigation,” Gootkin said.

Jacobs’ account of the incident was corroborated by Fox News Alicia Acuna, who was in the room to interview Gianforte at the time the violence occurred. Acuna said Gianforte grabbed Jacobs by the neck and slammed him to the ground before punching him repeatedly.

“To be clear, at no point did any of us who witnessed this assault see Jacobs show any form of physical aggression toward Gianforte, who left the area after giving statements to local sheriff’s deputies,” Acuna wrote in her account of the attack.

Gianforte spokesperson Shane Scanlon released a statement Wednesday that appeared to be at odds both with the audio recording of the incident as well as Acuna’s retelling of it.

“Tonight, as Greg was giving a separate interview in a private office,” Scanlon said in the statement, “the Guardian’s Ben Jacobs entered the office without permission, aggressively shoved a recorder in Greg’s face, and began asking badgering questions. Jacobs was asked to leave. After asking Jacobs to lower the recorder, Jacobs declined. Greg then attempted to grab the phone that was pushed in his face. Jacobs grabbed Greg’s wrist, and spun away from Greg, pushing them both to the ground. It’s unfortunate that aggressive behavior from a liberal journalist created this scene at our campaign volunteer BBQ.”

Rob Quist, the Democrat in the special election, told reporters he had no comment on the allegations.

“I hadn’t heard that, so that’s really not for me to talk about. That’s more of a matter for law enforcement,” Quist said. Asked what effect the incident might have on the outcome of the election, Quist demurred. “I guess, again, that’s not for me to judge. I’m just focused on the issues that are facing the people of Montana.”

This is not the first time Gianforte has clashed with a member of the media. At a campaign event in April, a supporter asked Gianforte his views on how the media could be reined in, the Missoulian reported.

“We have someone right here. It seems like there is more of us than there is of him,” Gianforte responded, after making a strangling gesture with his hands. “I don’t have a simple solution for you.”

Sixty percent of votes in the election have already been cast via absentee ballot. In Montana, any registered voter can request and use an absentee ballot.

The Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee issued a statement after the incident calling on Gianforte to withdraw his candidacy and urging House Speaker Paul Ryan and the National Republican Congressioinal Committee to denounce its candidate.

Though not in the room when the violence ensued, BuzzFeed News reporter Alexis Levinson was nearby and tweeted her account shortly after the incident.

“This happened behind a half closed door, so I didn’t see it all, but here’s what it looked like from the outside — Ben walked into a room where a local TV crew was set up for an interview with Gianforte. All of a sudden I heard a giant crash and saw Ben’s feet fly in the air as he hit the floor. Heard very angry yelling (as did all the volunteers in the room) — sounded like Gianforte…”

Health care has been a key factor in the race to fill the House seat that was held by Ryan Zinke before his appointment as the Trump administration’s secretary of the interior, with Quist focusing his final ad on the issue.

Gianforte has previously come under fire over his views on the AHCA. Earlier this month he declined to tell reporters whether he supported the Republican plan to replace Obamacare.

“Greg needs to know all the facts, because it’s important to know exactly what’s in the bill before he votes on it,” a spokesman for Gianforte told the New York Times.

Later that same day, on a conference call with Republicans, Gianforte was heard praising the bill, the Times reported.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/greg-gian...011839053.html
    What kind of country have we become?

One in which federal prosecutors can take “evidence” before a “grand jury,”

and that grand jury can “vote to indict” a former president for 91 alleged “crimes”?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ZappasGuitar For This Post:

evince (05-25-2017)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,729 Times in 27,216 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 19,585 Times in 18,174 Posts
    Blog Entries

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,386 Times in 14,102 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by evince View Post
    violent, racist and poor

how republicans want Americans to be
    interesting our state is so liberal yet has the highest poverty rate in the country

5. The Following User Says Thank You to cawacko For This Post:

MAGA MAN (05-25-2017)

6. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,729 Times in 27,216 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 19,585 Times in 18,174 Posts
    Blog Entries

7. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,386 Times in 14,102 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by evince View Post
    try staying on topic
    I was replying to you. So you weren't staying on topic?

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cawacko For This Post:

MAGA MAN (05-25-2017), PostmodernProphet (05-25-2017)

9. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,967 Times in 32,282 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

we've seen claims about violence from Republican campaigns before.....will the video show this one is a lie as well?.....

10. The Following User Says Thank You to PostmodernProphet For This Post:

Stretch (05-25-2017)

11. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,373 Times in 1,045 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 34 Times in 32 Posts

As we watch blacks and Antifa riot and burn our cities, we decry the violence of Republicans.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to GazzaQueen For This Post:

Stretch (05-25-2017)

13. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,661 Times in 7,359 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,968 Times in 1,784 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    we've seen claims about violence from Republican campaigns before.....will the video show this one is a lie as well?.....
    Jacobs’ account of the incident was corroborated by Fox News Alicia Acuna, who was in the room to interview Gianforte at the time the violence occurred. Acuna said Gianforte grabbed Jacobs by the neck and slammed him to the ground before punching him repeatedly.

From a Witness in the room:

“To be clear, at no point did any of us who witnessed this assault see Jacobs show any form of physical aggression toward Gianforte, who left the area after giving statements to local sheriff’s deputies,” Acuna wrote in her account of the attack.
    What kind of country have we become?

One in which federal prosecutors can take “evidence” before a “grand jury,”

and that grand jury can “vote to indict” a former president for 91 alleged “crimes”?

14. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,967 Times in 32,282 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

I'll believe it when you show video.......your credibility is skankified......

15. The Following User Says Thank You to PostmodernProphet For This Post:

Stretch (05-25-2017)

16. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,981 Times in 3,024 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 841 Times in 781 Posts

sad that we no longer need courts to convict anyone. The word of reporters is enough. Reminds me of Trump Russia.
    is on twitter @realtsuke

https://tsukesthoughts.wordpress.com/

17. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,758 Times in 11,557 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 889 Times in 847 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    Yep. Hmmm...where did I put that Lewindowsky "body slam/choking" vid of that lying campaign reporter? Ahhh, here it is.

Abortion rights dogma can obscure human reason & harden the human heart so much that the same person who feels
    empathy for animal suffering can lack compassion for unborn children who experience lethal violence and excruciating
    pain in abortion.

Unborn animals are protected in their nesting places, humans are not. To abort something is to end something
    which has begun. To abort life is to end it.

18. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 17 Times in 17 Posts

Thug /loser.
    USFREEDOM911 Expresses one of his homosexual prison rape fantasies;
    Quote Originally Posted by USFREEDOM911 View Post
    he may be getting several boners, they just won't be his.
    "You got shot in the balls and you're still walking!! Then this probably won't hurt you at all (as he unzips his pants)."

Quote Originally Posted by USFREEDOM911 View Post
    I would kill someone who didn't pay me, after I give them a blowjob.
    Does that make me insane?