Thread: Trump wants to impose work requirement for food stamp users

1. #46 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,010 Times in 8,569 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 498 Times in 487 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus View Post
    Or you could mind your business.
    When I'm one of those that is forced to feed, etc. those that won't do it for themselves and their children, it becomes MY business. If you don't want those of us forced to provide to those that WON'T provide for themselves to stop saying something about it, stop demanding we pay for those freeloaders.

2. #47 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,520 Times in 5,217 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,477 Times in 2,299 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Milagro View Post
    So what would you do then? If in an area of high unemployment someone is on food stamps would you have them work for nothing and pay their own travel and other expenses to clean out the sewers to make you feel better?

Sent from my iPhone 25 GT Turbo
    You guys always paint these Dickens stories to defend laziness.

If you feel so strongly about making sure someone doesn't go hungry why don't you dig in your own fucking pocket and take your own money and feed.

You can't seem to care that much if all you do is call for the gobblement to take other people's money to satisfy your own conscience.

3. #48 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,051 Times in 26,519 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,742 Times in 4,521 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by x View Post
    I think it'd be cool that if one were on welfare for more than say a year or two, in order to stay on it they would have to give up citizenship or voting rights.

At some point, an adult human needs to decide.. are they going to be a maker? Are they going to be proactive and help shape their countries path as it forges forward? Or are they going to sit on the sidelines mouth agape, like a loser louse. If they want to be a prole, an animal, someone that gets nursed out of a bottle, we perhaps should let them, but they must condemn themselves to the obscurity they deserve. Losers should not get to control the direction of this nation. Loser takers shouldn't be able to vote or have any say on anything. They are essentially children, incapable of being a self sufficient individual. I think they would be a fair compromise. They admit to their loser status, their status of someone to be stepped over. If they do that, they can have some of my money.
    I hate invoking Godwin's Law but that could very well be straight from Mein Kampf ffs. Of course you never know if you are "just trolling" or not. Fascist bastards like ILA, TDAK and CFM have some form of an excuse as they are all from shithole southern states, you are just a sociopath on that I am agreed with Mott and Desh.

Last edited by cancel2 2022; 05-24-2017 at 04:38 AM. Reason: I

4. The Following User Groans At cancel2 2022 For This Awful Post:

PostmodernProphet (05-24-2017)

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cancel2 2022 For This Post:

Phantasmal (05-24-2017), Rune (05-24-2017)

6. #49 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I hate invoking Godwin's Law but that could very well be straight from Mein Kampf ffs. Of course you never know if you are "just trolling" or not. Fascist bastards like ILA, TDAK and CFM have some form of an excuse as they are all from shithole southern states, you are just a sociopath on that I am agreed with Mott and Desh.

All of your insults aside why do you not help these people yourself? Do you not think you would get as much satisfaction seeing them eat?

Are there limits to your compassion that leads you to demanding the gobblement do it?

Do you really think calling me names changes the underlying facts? I think you actually realize what a weak argument you have and all you can do is call people greedy

Greed is demanding something you haven't earned as if you have a right to it.

7. #50 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,000 Times in 8,027 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,672 Times in 1,550 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CFM View Post
    When I'm one of those that is forced to feed, etc. those that won't do it for themselves and their children, it becomes MY business. If you don't want those of us forced to provide to those that WON'T provide for themselves to stop saying something about it, stop demanding we pay for those freeloaders.
    Tough shit asshole.

Just keep paying your taxes and SHUT THE FUCK UP.

I already told you... NOBODY FUCKING CARES IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT.

And the best part is... THERE'S NOT A DAMNED THING YOU CAN DO ABOUT IT!!!!!

https://i.postimg.cc/PqVCnGks/gojoe1.jpg
    C'MON MAN!!!!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Nomad For This Post:

Rune (05-24-2017)

9. #51 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,051 Times in 26,519 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,742 Times in 4,521 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by I Love America View Post
    All of your insults aside why do you not help these people yourself? Do you not think you would get as much satisfaction seeing them eat?

Are there limits to your compassion that leads you to demanding the gobblement do it?

Do you really think calling me names changes the underlying facts? I think you actually realize what a weak argument you have and all you can do is call people greedy

Greed is demanding something you haven't earned as if you have a right to it.
    Well I suggest that you withhold the portion of taxes that you feel are unfair and notify the IRS, I'm sure they will agree with you and say fair enough you convinced us.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cancel2 2022 For This Post:

Phantasmal (05-24-2017), Rune (05-24-2017)

11. #52 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Well I suggest that you withhold the portion of taxes that you feel are unfair and notify the IRS, I'm sure they will agree with you and say fair enough you convinced us.

What a witty retort. It doesn't address the question but it is cute

Don't fret. You aren't the only one who has been unable to answer the question. I have never had a liberal answer the question. They always dance around it with non sequitors and ad hom

12. #53 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,341 Times in 5,714 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 374 Times in 355 Posts

The welfare program in the states is out of control with fraud.
    Not a day goes by that I don't see someone on the way to work with the rest of us using his welfare card to buy coffee and donuts while I whip out my hard earned cash.

You go into certain parts of any major city in this country and welfare cards are the standard form of payment.
    Sit outside of any welfare office and see a steady stream of people pulling up in 30,000 dollar vehicles to go in and sign up. 600 dollar cell phones in hand.
    This just In::: Trump indicted for living in liberals heads and not paying RENT

C̶N̶N̶ SNN.... Shithole News Network

Trump Is Coming back to a White House Near you

13. #54 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,229 Times in 3,447 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,212 Times in 1,887 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus View Post
    Or you could mind your business.
    HAHAHA. What a stupid thing to say. As long as my taxes pay for YOUR welfare benefits it is my business. THINK
    Reckless drivers are a bigger threat to you than all other criminals put together!

THE BIG LIE - Blacks and whites are different physically but identical mentally!

There is no way 81 million americans voted for a man they know is a child molester w dementia. Impeach Joe the Pedophile Vegetable (JPV)

14. #55 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Food stamps should only be good for rice, flour, sugar, and rolled oats.
    Reckless drivers are a bigger threat to you than all other criminals put together!

THE BIG LIE - Blacks and whites are different physically but identical mentally!

There is no way 81 million americans voted for a man they know is a child molester w dementia. Impeach Joe the Pedophile Vegetable (JPV)

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Text Drivers are Killers For This Post:

MAGA MAN (05-24-2017)

16. #56 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Getin the ring View Post
    The welfare program in the states is out of control with fraud.

Not a day goes by that I don't see someone on the way to work with the rest of us using his welfare card to buy coffee and donuts while I whip out my hard earned cash.

You go into certain parts of any major city in this country and welfare cards are the standard form of payment.
    Sit outside of any welfare office and see a steady stream of people pulling up in 30,000 dollar vehicles to go in and sign up. 600 dollar cell phones in hand.
    While it's certainly true that there is fraud and abuse in the system, your mischaracterization of it relies on some pretty extreme exaggeration.

Think Welfare Recipients Abuse The System? You Should See This Chart

Public assistance recipients haven’t gone without criticism.

They’ve been compared to “wild animals” by political candidates, scrutinized for simply buying seafood — as “The Daily Show” humorously pointed out — and would have to pee in cups to prove that they’re drug-free if some lawmakers had their way.

But for all the anecdotal horror stories about people abusing the welfare system for personal gain, the numbers tell a different story.

Below is a graph created by The Atlantic using numbers provided by the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics’ Consumer Expenditures survey of 2011 — the most recent year for which data are available.

As the chart shows, families receiving public assistance spend significantly less than families not receiving public assistance on essentially everything — including roughly half on housing, a third less on food, almost two-thirds less on entertainment and a fraction on healthcare.

With household budgets like these, public assistance recipients clearly aren’t abusing the system to live lavishly — they’re trying to make ends meet.
    And from US News and World Report...

The Facts About Food Stamps Conservatives Don't Want You to Hear (link)

The data shows there is little waste, fraud or abuse in the food stamp program.
    C'MON MAN!!!!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Nomad For This Post:

Rune (05-24-2017)

18. #57 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Text Drivers are Killers View Post
    Food stamps should only be good for rice, flour, sugar, and rolled oats.
    Conservatives should be required to live outside, tied up like dogs with a chain attached to a collar and be fed garbage.
    C'MON MAN!!!!

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Nomad For This Post:

Rune (05-24-2017)

20. #58 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Conservatives should be required to live outside, tied up like dogs with a chain attached to a collar and be fed garbage.
    HAHAHA. You call that a response? My post was "Food stamps should only be good for rice, flour, sugar, and rolled oats.", and that's all you can come up with.?

21. #59 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,089 Times in 33,816 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,080 Times in 4,696 Posts
    Blog Entries

Well I don't believe in handouts at all. But if we were to have them, they should do whatever taxpayers demand. If I want them to do jumping jacks before getting my money they will do just that. If they don't comply then they can simply die. Their choice.
    You will end up like Ayn Rand, poor and counting on the social safety net.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Phantasmal For This Post:

Rune (05-24-2017)

23. #60 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,089 Times in 33,816 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,080 Times in 4,696 Posts
    Blog Entries

I think it'd be cool that if one were on welfare for more than say a year or two, in order to stay on it they would have to give up citizenship or voting rights.

At some point, an adult human needs to decide.. are they going to be a maker? Are they going to be proactive and help shape their countries path as it forges forward? Or are they going to sit on the sidelines mouth agape, like a loser louse. If they want to be a prole, an animal, someone that gets nursed out of a bottle, we perhaps should let them, but they must condemn themselves to the obscurity they deserve. Losers should not get to control the direction of this nation. Loser takers shouldn't be able to vote or have any say on anything. They are essentially children, incapable of being a self sufficient individual. I think they would be a fair compromise. They admit to their loser status, their status of someone to be stepped over. If they do that, they can have some of my money.
    You will die penniless and alone in your own excrement.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Phantasmal For This Post:

Rune (05-24-2017)