Members banned from this thread: BRUTALITOPS, PostmodernProphet, Truth Detector, canceled.2021.1, canceled.2021.2, CFM and Lightbringer

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: FOX News retracts story about murdered DNC staffer Seth Rich

1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,373 Times in 1,045 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 34 Times in 32 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by christiefan915 View Post
    Maybe you should stop with the conspiracy theory about the poor man's death and use the little brain you've got to consider other alternatives.
    I see you insist on commenting about issues which you admittedly know nothing about.

2. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,094 Times in 25,664 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,614 Times in 2,498 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GazzaQueen View Post
    I see you insist on commenting about issues which you admittedly know nothing about.
    Whereas you insist on using one of the leading online conspiracy theorists as the basis for your belief.

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
    ― Charles Dickens

3. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,373 Times in 4,319 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,440 Times in 2,029 Posts

And Newsweek printed this....

sources involved with the DNC’s investigation of a foreign hack of its files last year rule out the notion that Seth Rich had any role in the affair. “There was no indication that any insider was involved in this,” says one source, demanding anonymity in exchange for discussing the sensitive and ongoing investigation. “Every indication is this was a remote attack from a foreign government—the Russians. There is no indication that…there was any nefarious action taken by any employees in that environment.”
    http://www.newsweek.com/seth-rich-mu...d-trump-492084

More unfounded conspiracy theories ???? The Russians did it ? Thats akin to saying the DNC did it....

Wonder if they will retract this article....
    Put blame where it belongs
    ATF decided it could not regulate bump stocks during the Obama administration.
    It that time," the NRA wrote in a statement. "The NRA believes that devices designed to allow semiautomatic rifles to function like fully-automatic rifles should be subject to additional regulations."
    The ATF and Obama admin. ignored the NRA recommendations.

4. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Whereas you insist on using one of the leading online conspiracy theorists as the basis for your belief.
    What belief is that...the one in your head?

Or maybe you will link us to my belief.

5. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by GazzaQueen View Post
    What belief is that...the one in your head?

Or maybe you will link us to my belief.
    So you don't believe Hillary was behind Seth Rich's murder? My apologies.

― Charles Dickens

6. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

So you don't believe Hillary was behind Seth Rich's murder? My apologies.
    Accepted.

7. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,674 Times in 14,047 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,136 Times in 1,080 Posts

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Minister of Truth For This Post:

FUCK THE POLICE (05-23-2017), Rune (05-23-2017)

9. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,287 Times in 27,095 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,975 Times in 2,692 Posts

Fox News has taken the striking step of retracting a story about murdered Democratic National Committee staffer Seth Rich, saying it did not meet the network's "high degree of editorial scrutiny."

"On May 16, a story was posted on the Fox News website on the investigation into the 2016 murder of DNC Staffer Seth Rich. The article was not initially subjected to the high degree of editorial scrutiny we require for all our reporting," the network said in a statement released Tuesday. "Upon appropriate review, the article was found not to meet those standards and has since been removed. We will continue to investigate this story and will provide updates as warranted."

Fox News was one of many right-leaning media outlets that floated unsubstantiated theories that Rich provided WikiLeaks internal DNC emails, and that he may have been killed in retribution. Rich was shot to death last July in Washington, D.C., in what police have investigated as a robbery gone wrong.

Rich's family blasted Fox News and other outlets for promoting unfounded versions of the story.

"It's sad but unsurprising that a group of media outlets who have repeatedly lied to the American people would try and manipulate the legacy of a murder victim in order to forward their own political agenda," a spokesman for the Rich family told Business Insider. "I think there is a special place in hell for people like that."

https://www.aol.com/article/entertai...tory/22105997/
    When I got to this sentence, I began to assume you posted satire from "The Onion".

"The article was not initially subjected to the high degree of editorial scrutiny we require for all our reporting," the (Fox) network said "
    The network of serial sexual harassers Roger Ailes and Bill O'Reilly never struck me as having a "high degree of editorial scrutiny". Are they actually even a news network?

I always thought Fox was entertainment targeted at mediocre, barely educated, old, conservative white men, no?

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cypress For This Post:

Althea (05-24-2017), Cadillac Man (05-23-2017), christiefan915 (05-23-2017), Rune (05-23-2017)

11. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    When I got to this sentence, I began to assume you posted satire from "The Onion".

The network of serial sexual harassers Roger Ailes and Bill O'Reilly never struck me as having a "high degree of editorial scrutiny". Are they actually even a news network?

I always thought Fox was entertainment targeted at mediocre, barely educated, old, conservative white men, no?
    I literally laughed out loud when I read "high degree of editorial scrutiny." IMO Faux is just a cut above sites like Infowars.

― Charles Dickens

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to christiefan915 For This Post:

Althea (05-24-2017), Phantasmal (05-24-2017)

13. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Internet News is where it's at. Only elderly whites and poor blacks get their news from CNN and Fox and their associated dotards.

14. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,373 Times in 4,319 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,440 Times in 2,029 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post

I literally laughed out loud when I read "high degree of editorial scrutiny." IMO Faux is just a cut above sites like Infowars.
    Quote Originally Posted by NOVA View Post
    And Newsweek printed this....

sources involved with the DNC’s investigation of a foreign hack of its files last year rule out the notion that Seth Rich had any role in the affair. “There was no indication that any insider was involved in this,” says one source, demanding anonymity in exchange for discussing the sensitive and ongoing investigation. “Every indication is this was a remote attack from a foreign government—the Russians. There is no indication that…there was any nefarious action taken by any employees in that environment.”
    http://www.newsweek.com/seth-rich-mu...d-trump-492084

More unfounded conspiracy theories ???? The Russians did it ? Thats akin to saying the DNC did it....

Wonder if they will retract this article....
    How sweet....I'm sure you both had no problem believing Newsweek with their theory (FROM A DNC SOURCE, of course) claiming that the Russian's did it, right.....\''

No retraction needed there....no laughing about their theory....no questioning what the fuck they mean that "there was every indication it was 'remote' attack by the Ruskies"....no questioning what those 'indications' are......you're both hypocrites, but they you all know that
    Put blame where it belongs
    ATF decided it could not regulate bump stocks during the Obama administration.
    It that time," the NRA wrote in a statement. "The NRA believes that devices designed to allow semiautomatic rifles to function like fully-automatic rifles should be subject to additional regulations."
    The ATF and Obama admin. ignored the NRA recommendations.

15. #42 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,392 Times in 881 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 36 Times in 36 Posts

Trump supporters believe what they're told to believe, and told what not to believe. If they're told to believe a lie, they'll believe it.

16. #43 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

But unlike the alphabet cable news outlets they have journalistic standards lol.

Your own OP lauds them.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

17. #44 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,392 Times in 881 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 36 Times in 36 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    But unlike the alphabet cable news outlets they have journalistic standards lol.

Your own OP lauds them.
    Shep Smith is a person, not a standard.

18. #45 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 54,771 Times in 33,632 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,065 Times in 4,683 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post

Your own OP lauds them.
    Journalist standards now that Ailes is gone, before, nothing.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Phantasmal For This Post:

christiefan915 (05-24-2017)