Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,121 Times in 2,441 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 265 Times in 242 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default Trump Calling Mexicans Rapists

Does anybody have an actual quote where Trump called Mexicans rapists? I have never seen an actual quote where Trump calls Mexicans rapists.

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Thank you lefties for posting where Trump called Mexicans rapists. I know that the notion that Trump called Mexicans rapists is important agenda for lefties, so the lack of anybody pointing out where he did this is a picture that is worth a thousand words.

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,051 Times in 26,519 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,742 Times in 4,521 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Evmetro View Post
    Thank you lefties for posting where Trump called Mexicans rapists. I know that the notion that Trump called Mexicans rapists is important agenda for lefties, so the lack of anybody pointing out where he did this is a picture that is worth a thousand words.
    Politifact sheds some light on the issue.

http://www.politifact.com/virginia/s...-mexicans-are/

Sent from my Lenovo K52e78 using Tapatalk

4. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Milagro View Post

That article takes a more objective look at it than most media does, but is still grossly deceptive. When they fail to differentiate immigrants from illegals, they automatically describe all immigrants. Kaine's specific term "all Mexicans" is not really that important anyway, since "all Mexicans" and simply "Mexicans" mean the same thing. Either way though, they did not post any examples of Trump calling Mexicans rapists. If there was an actual example out there, the lefties would have plastered this thread with the exact quote and every detail about it, and in correct context. Instead, we aren't even seeing the usual evaders trying to change the topic.

5. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,309 Times in 10,500 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,917 Times in 4,233 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Evmetro View Post
    That article takes a more objective look at it than most media does, but is still grossly deceptive. When they fail to differentiate immigrants from illegals, they automatically describe all immigrants. Kaine's specific term "all Mexicans" is not really that important anyway, since "all Mexicans" and simply "Mexicans" mean the same thing. Either way though, they did not post any examples of Trump calling Mexicans rapists. If there was an actual example out there, the lefties would have plastered this thread with the exact quote and every detail about it, and in correct context. Instead, we aren't even seeing the usual evaders trying to change the topic.
    ^Amusing little troll.

6. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,826 Times in 17,259 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,596 Times in 4,274 Posts

You are changing the topic. Trump ,the president, said some of Mexicans are rapists and murderers. It is not a Repub nothing burger'. There was obviously a reason Trump said it. It was about the wall. We needed to build it to separate us from those dangerous Mexicans who rape and murder. Trump was poisoning the well with that statement.I will protect you from rapists and murderers. He was not comparing them to other peoples. he did not say compared to Chinese or Norwegians. He just mentioned Mexican rapists and murderers. Can you figure out why? Can you understand why it was insulting and bigotry?

7. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    ... Trump ,the president, said some of Mexicans are rapists and murderers...
    This is huge. By recognizing that he was referring to "some" Mexicans are rapists, you have been able to get past the political agenda where the left was trying to make it out like Trump was painting Mexicans as a group as rapists. If you want to understand more, go back into his quote and how I broke it down, and identify which specific Mexicans he was referring to. We know he was only referring to the "some" that you referred to, now we need to identify exactly which ones, using Trump's own wording of that famous quote. I broke it all down for you if you go back and read it.

8. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Leftys are not saying he said ALL. So stop that claim. He said Mexicans were rapists and murderers, but some are nice people. Do you think they add on clause negates the first half at all? Do you think the connection is not damaging and insulting to Mexicans? What is wrong with you rightys?
    Last edited by Nordberg; 12-24-2017 at 06:07 PM.

9. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

He said Mexicans were rapists and murderers, but some are nice people.
    He said no such thing. Read it again very carefully. See if you can find the part about who exactly the "nice" ones were, and note that these "nice" ones were part of a very small group of people. These "nice" ones were not a segment of all mexicans, they were part of a much smaller group.

“When Mexico sends its people, they’re not sending their best. They’re not sending you. They’re not sending you. They’re sending people that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people.”

In the first sentence, he is talking about people who he alleges that Mexico sends, and he has excluded "Mexico's best" from the people who he is talking about. This first sentence clearly shows that Trump was not commenting on "all" Mexicans, just the people who Mexico sends who are not also not Mexico's best.*

Ok, next sentence. "They're not sending you, they're not sending you", sounds like it is open to interpretation, but the one thing we do know is that he is not talking about Mexico's best, or all Mexicans.

The next sentence really narrows things down as far as who he is talking about. "They're sending people who have lots of problems, and they are bringing those problems with us." Here, he has narrowed down who he is talking about to people Mexico sends, who are not Mexico's best, certainly not every Mexican everywhere, and who are bringing problems. His grammar is pretty screwed up with the "us" thing, but it does not appear he is intending on including "us" as who he is talking about.

This next part is not describing who he is talking about, but tells us some of the "problems" of the people who Mexico sends who are bringing problems. "They're bringing drugs, They're bringing crime. They're rapists." Those problems that this isolated group of people who are not Mexico's best, not you, not all Mexicans, and who have problems, do sound pretty bad, so I am sure glad that Trump brought these things up. These things need to be brought up and be handled.

Last sentence: "And some I assume, are good people." It was pretty generous that Trump added this on, considering the kinds of problems that this isolated group of people are bringing. He assumes that some of these people who Mexico sends who are not Mexico's best, not you, not all Mexicans, and who are bringing such problems are actually good people.

Now we know who Trump was talking about:*
    An isolated group of people who Mexico sends who are not Mexico's best, not you, and who bring lots of problems.

Now we know who he was not talking about:
    He was not talking about Mexico's best, or all Mexicans, or you.

10. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

You spent all that time agreeing with what I said earlier. Trump did not say all. The add on was not generous. Trump does not have that characteristic. He was fending off the future criticism. The clause ,of course, was about him.

Mexico does not send its people. So that is wrong too. Trump was insulting Mexicans. Otherwise he would not have said anything at all.

Mexicans are rapists and murderers. Some are not. Would you feel better after that?

11. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,043 Times in 3,907 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,697 Times in 1,555 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Havana Moon View Post

I hope that when Politifact is used to make a point against Trump, you'll be consistent and accept it.

12. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,856 Times in 3,136 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 124 Times in 122 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by StoneByStone View Post
    I hope that when Politifact is used to make a point against Trump, you'll be consistent and accept it.
    That's her issue to deal with for appealing to them as a source of "fact checking".

As for me, I reject Politifact as a source on sight. They have shown themselves to be nothing more than a propaganda machine for liberals, masquerading as "impartial fact checkers". Most times, their reasoning behind rating a statement a certain way is faulty, incomplete, misguided, or just plain wrong.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to gfm7175 For This Post:

Evmetro (08-26-2019)

14. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Not a fucking agenda, just a fact . He said it several times. Nor did he say all. that is a right wing escape clause. You can change the subject with that silly trick. We will now argue about whether he said all. As far as I know, he did not say all. This is arguing with a teenager.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Nordberg For This Post:

domer76 (12-17-2017)

16. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,972 Times in 32,287 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

Not a fucking agenda, just a fact . He said it several times.
    easy enough then.....provide a quote of what he said.......facts can be so elusive.....

17. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Been in several posts. can you read? Lets see if you can hear. `http://time.com/4473972/donald-trump...eeting-insult/