1. #256 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,121 Times in 2,441 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 265 Times in 242 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by gfm7175 View Post
    There isn't one.

Liberals need to twist his words into a racist model in order to accuse Trump of racism. THEY are the racists.
    Lefties need to twist everything to make it fit the lefty narrative.
    The Truth Does Not Need To Be Supported With Censorship.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Evmetro For This Post:

Cancel 2020.2 (08-27-2019), gfm7175 (08-28-2019)

3. #257 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Three years and 257 posts later, and nobody has provided a quote of Trump calling all Mexicans rapists.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Evmetro For This Post:

Cancel 2020.2 (07-10-2020), Earl (07-08-2020)

5. #258 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,303 Times in 13,425 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 843 Times in 802 Posts

June 2015:

"When Mexico sends its people, they're not sending the best. They're sending people that have lots of problems and they're bringing those problems. They're bringing drugs, they're bringing crime. They're rapists and some, I assume, are good people, but I speak to border guards and they're telling us what we're getting."
    He was talking about illegal immigration for context to the above.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to T. A. Gardner For This Post:

Earl (07-08-2020)

7. #259 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
    June 2015:

Lefties are afraid of the actual quote of what Trump really did say. The actual quote is something that lefties misquote over and over, so here is what he really did say:

“When Mexico sends its people, they’re not sending their best. They’re not sending you. They’re not sending you. They’re sending people that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people.”

Now, let's have a closer look at this:

In the first sentence, he is talking about people who he alleges that Mexico sends, and he has excluded "Mexico's best" from the people who he is talking about. This first sentence clearly shows that Trump was not commenting on "all" Mexicans, just the people who Mexico sends who are not also not Mexico's best.

Ok, next sentence. "They're not sending you, they're not sending you", sounds like it is open to interpretation, but the one thing we do know is that he is not talking about Mexico's best, or all Mexicans.

The next sentence really narrows things down as far as who he is talking about. "They're sending people who have lots of problems, and they are bringing those problems with us." Here, he has narrowed down who he is talking about to people Mexico sends, who are not Mexico's best, certainly not every Mexican everywhere, and who are bringing problems. His grammar is pretty screwed up with the "us" thing, but it does not appear he is intending on including "us" as who he is talking about.

This next part is not describing who he is talking about, but tells us some of the "problems" of the people who Mexico sends who are bringing problems. "They're bringing drugs, They're bringing crime. They're rapists." Those problems that this isolated group of people who are not Mexico's best, not you, not all Mexicans, and who have problems, do sound pretty bad, so I am sure glad that Trump brought these things up. These things need to be brought up and be handled.

Last sentence: "And some I assume, are good people." It was pretty generous that Trump added this on, considering the kinds of problems that this isolated group of people are bringing. He assumes that some of these people who Mexico sends who are not Mexico's best, not you, not all Mexicans, and who are bringing such problems are actually good people.

Now we know who Trump was talking about:
    An isolated group of people who Mexico sends who are not Mexico's best, not you, and who bring lots of problems.

Now we know who he was not talking about:
    He was not talking about Mexico's best, or all Mexicans, or you.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Evmetro For This Post:

Earl (07-08-2020)

9. #260 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,785 Times in 17,104 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,344 Times in 2,263 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Evmetro View Post
    Does anybody have an actual quote where Trump called Mexicans rapists? I have never seen an actual quote where Trump calls Mexicans rapists.
    He needs to choose his words carefully.

10. #261 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    He needs to choose his words carefully.
    He did

11. #262 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,832 Times in 17,264 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,600 Times in 4,277 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
    June 2015:

He said Mexico is sending people. That is wrong. He said, "they are rapists, and some I assume are good people." So you cannot understand that that is claiming a large part of those coming in are rapists. You cannot understand that? It is, in essence, saying they are rapists, well maybe some of them are not, but there sure is a lot of racists there.

12. #263 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

He did
    Nope he didn't.

1. Who are those people who are sending "them" here?
    2. What makes them not being the "best"? And why send them here?
    3. Why assume "some" are good people and not rapists?
    4. What are the border agents telling Trump?

Read carefully. It's bad choice of words.

13. #264 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    He said Mexico is sending people. That is wrong. He said, "they are rapists, and some I assume are good people." So you cannot understand that that is claiming a large part of those coming in are rapists. You cannot understand that? It is, in essence, saying they are rapists, well maybe some of them are not, but there sure is a lot of racists there.
    Time to look at exactly what he said.

“When Mexico sends its people, they’re not sending their best. They’re not sending you. They’re not sending you. They’re sending people that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people.”

In the first sentence, he is talking about people who he alleges that Mexico sends, and he has excluded "Mexico's best" from the people who he is talking about. This first sentence clearly shows that Trump was not commenting on "all" Mexicans, just the people who Mexico sends who are not also not Mexico's best.

Ok, next sentence. "They're not sending you, they're not sending you", sounds like it is open to interpretation, but the one thing we do know is that he is not talking about Mexico's best, or all Mexicans.

The next sentence really narrows things down as far as who he is talking about. "They're sending people who have lots of problems, and they are bringing those problems with us." Here, he has narrowed down who he is talking about to people Mexico sends, who are not Mexico's best, certainly not every Mexican everywhere, and who are bringing problems. His grammar is pretty screwed up with the "us" thing, but it does not appear he is intending on including "us" as who he is talking about.

This next part is not describing who he is talking about, but tells us some of the "problems" of the people who Mexico sends who are bringing problems. "They're bringing drugs, They're bringing crime. They're rapists." Those problems that this isolated group of people who are not Mexico's best, not you, not all Mexicans, and who have problems, do sound pretty bad, so I am sure glad that Trump brought these things up. These things need to be brought up and be handled.

Last sentence: "And some I assume, are good people." It was pretty generous that Trump added this on, considering the kinds of problems that this isolated group of people are bringing. He assumes that some of these people who Mexico sends who are not Mexico's best, not you, not all Mexicans, and who are bringing such problems are actually good people.

An isolated group of people who Mexico sends who are not Mexico's best, not you, and who bring lots of problems.

14. #265 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Nope he didn't.

1. Who are those people who are sending "them" here?
    2. What makes them not being the "best"? And why send them here?
    3. Why assume "some" are good people and not rapists?
    4. What are the border agents telling Trump?

Read carefully. It's bad choice of words.
    do you have a quote of Trump calling all "Mexicans" rapists? Didn't thinks so.

15. #266 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

do you have a quote of Trump calling all "Mexicans" rapists?
    It's right up there. Somebody posted it and you replied to it.

16. #267 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

It's right up there. Somebody posted it and you replied to it.
    Ah yes.... it is "somewhere," but it cannot be reposted. I have seen this before. There is always a reason why it can never be posted for the world to see, it has to remain "somewhere".

17. #268 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Ah yes.... it is "somewhere," but it cannot be reposted. I have seen this before. There is always a reason why it can never be posted for the world to see, it has to remain "somewhere".
    Huh? You REPLIED to it!!!!!!

I'll paste it.

"When Mexico sends its people, they're not sending the best. They're sending people that have lots of problems and they're bringing those problems. They're bringing drugs, they're bringing crime. They're rapists and some, I assume, are good people, but I speak to border guards and they're telling us what we're getting."

No excuse this time.

Now answer my questions.

18. #269 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Huh? You REPLIED to it!!!!!!

I'll paste it.

No excuse this time.

Now answer my questions.
    I asked for a quote of Trump calling all "Mexicans" rapists. The quote you provided does not. Look very carefully at the quote and tell me who exactly Trump called rapists, and who all he excluded from being called rapists. Tell me who exactly Trump called rapists without including people he excluded.

19. #270 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I asked for a quote of Trump calling all "Mexicans" rapists. The quote you provided does not. Look very carefully at the quote and tell me who exactly Trump called rapists, and who all he excluded from being called rapists. Tell me who exactly Trump called rapists without including people he excluded.
    I didn't say he called all Mexicans rapists. Only those "they" are sending.

Okay. Who are "they" sending them and why?

Correct. Just those people "they" are sending, whoever they are.

So now he didn't choose his words carefully as you claimed?

Why say rapists THEN assume some are good? Makes no sense.

Again, WHO and WHY?