Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump skips the White House Correspondents' Dinner in Favor of Pennsylvania Rally

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,981 Times in 3,024 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 841 Times in 781 Posts

i hope he never attends a press dinner. Our media need to be brought down a peg tbh. They are too self serving. Right now most of their articles are about how wrong you are if you dont put your trust in them 100%
    is on twitter @realtsuke

https://tsukesthoughts.wordpress.com/

2. The Following User Says Thank You to tsuke For This Post:

J Craft (04-30-2017)

3. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,388 Times in 7,999 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 809 Times in 761 Posts

A guy who covered the rally for one of the news shows said that the comment he heard most was some variation of "what I love best about Trump is that he talks like me & my buddies do."

I continue to be absolutely gobsmacked by this appeal. For starters, he talks like a nutjob. Beyond that, would that be your standard when looking for a brain surgeon, or even a financial adviser? Or even a plumber for that matter?

4. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,386 Times in 14,102 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by domer76 View Post
    Dolt, his Pennsylvania 'campaign rally', just like all of his rallies, sucks the collective dicks of his base. That's all he has.

What was so difficult about that post for you to understand?
    Your complaint was that he didn't attend the White House Correspondence Dinner WT. What about that event represents the country?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to cawacko For This Post:

J Craft (04-30-2017)

6. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,610 Times in 9,135 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,428 Times in 1,257 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by anatta View Post
    The White House Correspondents' Association dinner has been the biggest social event in Washington, D.C. for years -- but Saturday's event is expected to be lame compared

One of the main differences is that President Trump will not be present; he announced his decision in late February.

"I will not be attending the White House Correspondents' Association Dinner this year. Please wish everyone well and have a great evening!" he said in a tweet.

Instead, the president will travel to Harrisburg, Pennsylvania to rally with supporters and members of his administration will also reportedly skip the annual event as a show of unity.
    ++

uring a Saturday night speech in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, Donald Trump mocked the White House Correspondents Dinner, the yearly event that he skipped in order to hold a rally.

At the very beginning of his event, Trump said that there is currently a large group of Hollywood actors and Washington media who are consoling each other at a ballroom in the nation’s capitol

Trump went on to say that he’d much rather be with his supporters in Pennsylvania.

“I could not possibly be more thrilled than to be more than 100 miles away from Washington’s swamp, spending my evening with all of you, and with a much, much larger crowd, and much better people,” Trump said.

Trump went on to say that the correspondents dinner is probably going to be “very, very boring” but that “next year maybe we’ll make it more exciting for them,” suggesting he could show up next year.

The president spent the next several minutes railing against the media, grading them on their first 100 days and accusing them of unfair coverage.

The White House Correspondents Dinner is a yearly event in which journalists and politicians gather in Washington for a night of drinks and jokes. The president almost always attends, but Donald Trump opted out of it this year, saying that he was skipped it because the media does not cover him accurately.
    http://heavy.com/news/2017/04/donald...-dinner-video/

7. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,579 Times in 15,814 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,951 Times in 1,862 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tsuke View Post
    i hope he never attends a press dinner. Our media need to be brought down a peg tbh. They are too self serving. Right now most of their articles are about how wrong you are if you dont put your trust in them 100%
    "self serving" is a nice way to put it. Full court Fake News spinning liars is how I'd put it.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to anatta For This Post:

J Craft (04-30-2017)

9. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,304 Times in 10,498 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,916 Times in 4,232 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Thing1 View Post
    A guy who covered the rally for one of the news shows said that the comment he heard most was some variation of "what I love best about Trump is that he talks like me & my buddies do."

I continue to be absolutely gobsmacked by this appeal. For starters, he talks like a nutjob. Beyond that, would that be your standard when looking for a brain surgeon, or even a financial adviser? Or even a plumber for that matter?
    The guy you are referring to, and his buddies, have 8th grade educations. That's the level Trump talks to them.

10. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    Your complaint was that he didn't attend the White House Correspondence Dinner WT. What about that event represents the country?
    Nope, illiterate fuck, I said not one word about the Correspondents Dinner. I commented on Orangetweet's rallies and his 40% approval rating. After 100+ days, he's still in campaign mode, kissing the asses of his base, and yet to figure out the governing mode.

Try to improve your literacy skills.

11. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,386 Times in 14,102 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Nope, illiterate fuck, I said not one word about the Correspondents Dinner. I commented on Orangetweet's rallies and his 40% approval rating. After 100+ days, he's still in campaign mode, kissing the asses of his base, and yet to figure out the governing mode.

Try to improve your literacy skills.
    Yes WT.

12. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,051 Times in 26,519 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,742 Times in 4,521 Posts
    Blog Entries

Dolt, his Pennsylvania 'campaign rally', just like all of his rallies, sucks the collective dicks of his base. That's all he has.

You really do have some kind of penis fetish.

Sent from my Lenovo K52e78 using Tapatalk

13. The Following User Says Thank You to cancel2 2022 For This Post:

J Craft (04-30-2017)

14. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Milagro View Post

Sent from my Lenovo K52e78 using Tapatalk
    Do I, cocksucker?

15. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,432 Times in 12,044 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,699 Times in 1,647 Posts
    Blog Entries

Attached Images Attached Images
    SEDITION: incitement of resistance to or insurrection against lawful authority.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to USFREEDOM911 For This Post:

J Craft (04-30-2017)

17. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,432 Times in 12,044 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,699 Times in 1,647 Posts
    Blog Entries

"self serving" is a nice way to put it. Full court Fake News spinning liars is how I'd put it.
    I'd wait until they came to a press conference at the White House and refuse to admit certain ones, when they showed up.
    Then while they stood there dumbfounded and complaining, I'd have someone remind them of how funny it was.

SEDITION: incitement of resistance to or insurrection against lawful authority.

18. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,581 Times in 9,703 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,312 Times in 1,210 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Thing1 View Post
    For some people, it's drugs or booze. Others, sex or adrenaline.

For Trump, it's rallies.
    And you were an Obama supporter, who had 9 full years of constant campaigning.

19. #29 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,581 Times in 9,703 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,312 Times in 1,210 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Milagro View Post
    Do I, cocksucker?
    LOL!

20. The Following User Says Thank You to MAGA MAN For This Post:

J Craft (04-30-2017)

21. #30 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,664 Times in 7,361 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,968 Times in 1,784 Posts

The White House Correspondents' Association dinner has been the biggest social event in Washington, D.C. for years -- but Saturday's event is expected to be lame compared

One of the main differences is that President Trump will not be present; he announced his decision in late February.

"I will not be attending the White House Correspondents' Association Dinner this year. Please wish everyone well and have a great evening!" he said in a tweet.

Instead, the president will travel to Harrisburg, Pennsylvania to rally with supporters and members of his administration will also reportedly skip the annual event as a show of unity.
    ++

uring a Saturday night speech in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, Donald Trump mocked the White House Correspondents Dinner, the yearly event that he skipped in order to hold a rally.

At the very beginning of his event, Trump said that there is currently a large group of Hollywood actors and Washington media who are consoling each other at a ballroom in the nation’s capitol

Trump went on to say that he’d much rather be with his supporters in Pennsylvania.

“I could not possibly be more thrilled than to be more than 100 miles away from Washington’s swamp, spending my evening with all of you, and with a much, much larger crowd, and much better people,” Trump said.

Trump went on to say that the correspondents dinner is probably going to be “very, very boring” but that “next year maybe we’ll make it more exciting for them,” suggesting he could show up next year.

The president spent the next several minutes railing against the media, grading them on their first 100 days and accusing them of unfair coverage.

The White House Correspondents Dinner is a yearly event in which journalists and politicians gather in Washington for a night of drinks and jokes. The president almost always attends, but Donald Trump opted out of it this year, saying that he was skipped it because the media does not cover him accurately.
    http://heavy.com/news/2017/04/donald...-dinner-video/
    "Donnie the Snowflake" ran away to Pennsylvania to be in his "safe space"!

What kind of country have we become?

One in which federal prosecutors can take “evidence” before a “grand jury,”

and that grand jury can “vote to indict” a former president for 91 alleged “crimes”?