Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: More Embarassing Trump Ignorance

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,667 Times in 7,364 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,968 Times in 1,784 Posts

Default More Embarassing Trump Ignorance

Watch Reporter’s Face As He Recounts Trump Going Full-Narcissist During Oval Office Interview

On his 100th day in office, a listless Donald Trump sat down with Reuters to talk about his accomplishments. As fate would have it, Trump had just been told that two servicemembers had been killed in an anti-ISIS raid in Afghanistan, his re-re-remade healthcare bill was dead on arrival, and his plans to build a wall were going up in flames. But he had other things on his mind. For Donald Trump, every day is November 8th, 2016.

To the three reporters, Trump passed out a printed picture of the United States, with counties he won in the election colored in red.

More than five months after his victory and two days shy of the 100-day mark of his presidency, the election is still on Trump’s mind. Midway through a discussion about Chinese President Xi Jinping, the president paused to hand out copies of what he said were the latest figures from the 2016 electoral map.

“Here, you can take that, that’s the final map of the numbers,” the Republican president said from his desk in the Oval Office, handing out maps of the United States with areas he won marked in red. “It’s pretty good, right? The red is obviously us.”

Later he posed for photos, insisting on holding up the map. (Note: Trump’s White House photographer, who formerly worked in the Bush White House, likes to take pictures of Trump from really far away. It’s unclear exactly why.)

Reporter Jeff Mason recounted the surreal moment the President of the United States interrupted questions on North Korea and China to brag about a map of the election he had won more than 5 months earlier. His expressions cycle from disbelief to pity to humor and back to disbelief.

CNN’s Chris Cuomo asked the reporters the obvious question: Is Trump really so insecure that he still feels he has to prove that he won the election? Mason said it could be a lot of factors (all troubling from a mental health standpoint):

“I think that’s a good question and it’s hard for me to answer that. I think he just wanted to relish in the fact that this map, uh, looks good for him and he said ‘the red is obviously us’ and the red are areas in the country that he won. So he’s just very proud of it. And whether that’s rooted in a sense that he still has to prove that he won or that he’s upset that the media got it wrong in terms of the predictions ahead of time it’s hard for me to say.”

Trump, a 70-year-old billionaire, craves the attention one might give a child for a project they made in art class. He may as well have asked the reporters to pin the map up on their refrigerator doors.

Making it even more clear that Trump is suddenly feeling very small, he later admitted that being president is really hard, and it’s not as fun as his old life. The fact that running the country wouldn’t be as easy as being a semi-retired billionaire and reality tv show host was something that apparently never occurred to Trump prior to being elected.

“I loved my previous life. I had so many things going. This is more work than in my previous life. I thought it would be easier.”

At least he’s got his map.

http://addictinginfo.com/2017/04/28/...terview-video/

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zappasguitar For This Post:

Bill (04-28-2017), Micawber (04-28-2017)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,679 Times in 16,485 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 585 Times in 561 Posts
    Blog Entries

Nothing will ever beat this. Never get tired of looking at it:

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,667 Times in 7,364 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,968 Times in 1,784 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sailor View Post

Trump is so insecure, so desperate for approval, he is STILL handing out copies to anyone who will listen.

5. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,679 Times in 16,485 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 585 Times in 561 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ZappasGuitar View Post
    Trump is so insecure, so desperate for approval, he is STILL handing out copies to anyone who will listen.
    The man certainly has some acceptance issues Zappa, I agree.

6. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,186 Times in 25,721 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,614 Times in 2,498 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ZappasGuitar View Post

<snip>

Making it even more clear that Trump is suddenly feeling very small, he later admitted that being president is really hard, and it’s not as fun as his old life. The fact that running the country wouldn’t be as easy as being a semi-retired billionaire and reality tv show host was something that apparently never occurred to Trump prior to being elected.

“I loved my previous life. I had so many things going. This is more work than in my previous life. I thought it would be easier.”

At least he’s got his map.

http://addictinginfo.com/2017/04/28/...terview-video/
    ^ Thick as a plank.

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
    ― Charles Dickens

7. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,394 Times in 5,099 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 908 Times in 849 Posts
    Blog Entries

What is the ignorance on display?

8. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,145 Times in 10,539 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,987 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sailor View Post

And I don't get tired of winning decathalons in my mind.

9. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,011 Times in 3,467 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 494 Times in 452 Posts
    Blog Entries

Trump, a 70-year-old billionaire, craves the attention one might give a child for a project they made in art class. He may as well have asked the reporters to pin the map up on their refrigerator doors.

This made me giggle far more than it ought to have

10. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Do you think Trump is signaling that he intends to step down? Is he going through his usual steps where he subtly (to him) drop little hints before he unloads his bombshell? I'm not referring to any specific event, but rather Trump's style of delivery.

11. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,821 Times in 6,166 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,532 Times in 1,444 Posts
    Blog Entries

Wow, he's so impressed that, when the United States is cut up arbitrarily into a bunch of small units, it seems he does well.

I judge by a different standard. The American people are one, and their voice is one. All of America, therefore, is blue.
    "Do not think that I came to bring peace... I did not come to bring peace, but a sword." - Matthew 10:34

12. The Following User Groans At FUCK THE POLICE For This Awful Post:

Cancel 2018.2 (04-28-2017)

13. The Following User Says Thank You to FUCK THE POLICE For This Post:

zappasguitar (04-30-2017)

14. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsuha Miyamizu View Post
    Wow, he's so impressed that, when the United States is cut up arbitrarily into a bunch of small units, it seems he does well.

I judge by a different standard. The American people are one, and their voice is one. All of America, therefore, is blue.

15. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tinfoil View Post
    Do you think Trump is signaling that he intends to step down? Is he going through his usual steps where he subtly (to him) drop little hints before he unloads his bombshell? I'm not referring to any specific event, but rather Trump's style of delivery.
    I don't see him stepping down, if he is anything, it is not a quitter.

An article I read said that all Presidents interviewed have at one time said the job is much harder than they anticipated. Those thoughts usually come much later in the presidency or after. I predicted the office would change him and we can all see that is slowly happening. I don't think the office of the President has ever not changed anyone.

I really don't think he expected to win. I think he runs (he has run before) just to hear himself talk, get publicity etc. It does amaze me though how ineffective he has been. I thought, and I'm sure many others thought, that a business man would be good for the country, not just another politician. Yet, IMO, it is clear that a straight politician isn't what we need, neither is a straight business person. Despite being against most of his platform and not liking him personally, I did believe he would change the status quo and from what I'm seeing, the status quo is beating him, beating him senseless. He hasn't changed a thing on the Hill.

Maybe we should elect Watermark, at least we know he would kill all his enemies and become dicktator and that would certainly end the status quo.

16. The Following User Groans At Cancel 2018.2 For This Awful Post:

FUCK THE POLICE (04-28-2017)

17. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

This made me giggle far more than it ought to have
    Do you remember when he, embarrassingly, shook the Minister of Japan's hand for an, embarrassingly, long time? My first thought was, he is saying, look, I don't have small hands, see, I'm shaking hands with this little guy, see, my hands are big, I tell you big. And then when I read this, I literally thought the same thing you did.

Who the Frankenstein cares at this point? He is President, but has to, what, I don't even know what his point could possibly be? What was he thinking?

18. The Following User Groans At Cancel 2018.2 For This Awful Post:

FUCK THE POLICE (04-28-2017)

19. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,295 Times in 5,845 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 390 Times in 368 Posts

Other Presidents have had insecurities which didn't receive anywhere near as much media attention. Obama and his ears comes to mind. W did look quite a bit like Alfred E. Neuman. Clinton basically was trailer trash.

20. The Following User Groans At Lightbringer For This Awful Post:

21. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,821 Times in 6,166 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,532 Times in 1,444 Posts
    Blog Entries

Kill yourself Nazi. The American people don't stand to be a colony of our most ignorant and worthless parts.
    "Do not think that I came to bring peace... I did not come to bring peace, but a sword." - Matthew 10:34

22. The Following User Groans At FUCK THE POLICE For This Awful Post: