Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: So now trumps not gonna cancel NAFTA?

1. #46 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,685 Times in 2,733 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 707 Times in 647 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by christiefan915 View Post
    "And another one's gone, another one's gone, another one bites the dust..."

Not too long ago it was the worst deal in the history of the world. How times change.

10. “Because NAFTA, signed by her husband, is perhaps the greatest disaster trade deal in the history of the world. Not in this country. It stripped us of manufacturing jobs. We lost our jobs. We lost our money. We lost our plants. It is a disaster.” (Oct. 9 in St. Louis, Mo.)
    Clinton was President, but he had a Republican congress who he compromised with to get what he wanted. At that time, the country was still sucking Regan's ass and fell deep into republican ideology, so most were fooled into thinking the right.... was right.

NAFTA was drafted and introduced by REPUBLICANS. It benefited the wealthy and their corporations.

I agree it needs to be renegotiated to benefit the American people, but a klown like dump is not the one to do it.

He will fail at this as well.

dump supporters are so got damn ignorant it's pathetic.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to TTQ64 For This Post:

christiefan915 (04-27-2017)

3. #47 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,373 Times in 1,045 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 34 Times in 32 Posts

Looks like some cucks want the POTUS to repeal NAFTA.

4. #48 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,188 Times in 25,723 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,614 Times in 2,498 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GazzaQueen View Post
    The POTUS has always said he would renegotiate bad trade deals like Nafta. Just yesterday he said if he couldn't renegotiate satisfactorily he would repeal it.

Why didn't Uh-Obama renegotiate it? Why didn't Uh-Obama get China to crack down on NK when they were shooting off nuke tests like fireworks? Why didn't Uh-Obama propose massive tax cuts for you people?

http://video.foxnews.com/v/541353404...#sp=show-clips
    "Bad" according to who, trump?

I'm certain any reason trump has a gripe about NAFTA is due to his own businesses in Mexico. trump only cares about deals that affect him.

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
    ― Charles Dickens

5. The Following User Says Thank You to christiefan915 For This Post:

TTQ64 (04-27-2017)

6. #49 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by TTQ64 View Post
    Clinton was President, but he had a Republican congress who he compromised with to get what he wanted. At that time, the country was still sucking Regan's ass and fell deep into republican ideology, so most were fooled into thinking the right.... was right.

NAFTA was drafted and introduced by REPUBLICANS. It benefited the wealthy and their corporations.

I agree it needs to be renegotiated to benefit the American people, but a klown like dump is not the one to do it.

trump is the Gordon Gekko of the WH. A complete and total embarrassment to this country.

― Charles Dickens

7. The Following User Says Thank You to christiefan915 For This Post:

TTQ64 (04-27-2017)

8. #50 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,386 Times in 14,102 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Actually, the Democrats controlled Congress when NAFTA was signed.

9. #51 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

"Bad" according to who, trump?

I'm certain any reason trump has a gripe about NAFTA is due to his own businesses in Mexico. trump only cares about deals that affect him.
    That's the guy who stomped your grandmother into the mud.

10. #52 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    Actually, the Democrats controlled Congress when NAFTA was signed.
    Bush tried to get NAFTA through before Clinton took office.

It passed with majority republican support. Clinton added environmental regulations to it, but it was definitely republican legislation.

11. #53 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

It passed with majority republican support. Clinton added environmental regulations to it, but it was definitely republican legislation.
    The renegotiated NAFTA will be as well. But when trade deals are signed they belong to the sitting President.

12. #54 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Democrats controlled Congress the entire time. Bill was out selling it. It couldn't be voted on or pass Congress without democratic support

13. #55 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    Democrats controlled Congress the entire time. Bill was out selling it. It couldn't be voted on or pass Congress without democratic support
    No they did not.

you need to research.

14. #56 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,394 Times in 5,099 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 908 Times in 849 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jarod View Post
    Ronald Ragan conceived NAFTA. His vision was finally realized in the 90s. The fact is that NAFTA Is a net jobs gain for the United States. Rump used Americans ignorance about NAFTA as a campaign rally cry, now he's weaseled his way out for filling the promise you made. You are so duped.
    Cite where Trump said he was going to "cancel" NAFTA.

I don't believe he ever said that, and I think you're lying, again.

15. #57 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,978 Times in 32,293 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

Here are all the terrible things trump has said about NAFTA — before deciding to stick with it

1. “Clinton is the one that approved NAFTA ... NAFTA is the worst deal, one of the worst deals our country has ever made, from an economic standpoint … one of the worst deals, ever.” (May 9, CNN’s “New Day”)
    (NAFTA was actually negotiated and signed in 1992 by Bill Clinton’s predecessor, George H. W. Bush, though it came into effect in 1994.)

2. “A lot of people thought Reagan was, you know, for some reason everyone thought Reagan was NAFTA. It was Clinton that was NAFTA. Ronald Reagan got a bum rap because NAFTA’s been a disaster for our country.” (June 9, Washington Post interview)

3. “Word is that Crooked Hillary has very small and unenthusiastic crowds in Pennsylvania. Perhaps it is because her husband signed NAFTA?” (July 30, Twitter)

4. “NAFTA, a total disaster. NAFTA, signed by Bill Clinton. He never suffered the ravages, because he signed it, then he got out and other people did suffer with it.” (Aug. 5 in Green Bay, Wis.)

5. “I see the carnage that NAFTA has caused, I see the carnage. It’s been horrible. I see upstate New York, I see North Carolina, but I see every state. You look at New England. New England got really whacked. New England got hit.” (Aug. 9 in Wilmington, N.C.)

6. “Here, in this beautiful and great state, so many people have suffered because of NAFTA. NAFTA. Remember NAFTA, what it's done to this country. Bill Clinton signed the deal and Hillary Clinton supported the deal.” (Aug. 18 in Charlotte, N.C.)

7. “There’s never been a worse or a dumber deal for trade including TPP which is a disaster — but TPP I don't believe will be as bad as NAFTA. And as you know, Hillary Clinton totally wants to approve TPP.” (Sept. 13 in Des Moines, Iowa)

8. “And lastly, we have some of the worst trade deals ever made, headed by NAFTA. Other countries have ripped us like you've never seen before, vast parcels of land throughout our country including this state are empty with fallen buildings, empty, just empty. When you see it, it’s so sad.” (Sept. 20 in Kenansville, N.C.)

9. “Your husband signed NAFTA, which was one of the worst things that ever happened to the manufacturing industry. ... NAFTA is the worst trade deal maybe ever signed anywhere, but certainly ever signed in this country.” (Sept. 26 presidential debate with Hillary Clinton)

10. “Because NAFTA, signed by her husband, is perhaps the greatest disaster trade deal in the history of the world. Not in this country. It stripped us of manufacturing jobs. We lost our jobs. We lost our money. We lost our plants. It is a disaster.” (Oct. 9 in St. Louis, Mo.)

11. “Sad, isn’t it? Isn’t it pathetic? North Carolina’s industrial workers have been crushed by Bill Clinton’s signing of NAFTA supported by crooked Hillary.” (Oct. 14 in Greensboro, N.C.)

12. “I will renegotiate NAFTA. If I can’t make a great deal, we’re going to tear it up. We’re going to get this economy running again.” (Oct. 19, Twitter)

13. “At the center of my jobs plan will be fixing our terrible trade deals. They are terrible. They are the most incompetent deals ever made. By the way, NAFTA, signed by Bill Clinton. Thank you very much, President Clinton.” (Oct. 21 in Fletcher, N.C.)

14. “And with NAFTA if we don’t get the deal we want, we will terminate NAFTA and get a much better deal for our workers and for our companies, 100 percent, 100 percent.” (Oct. 26 in Kinston, N.C.)

15. “Take a look at NAFTA, one of the worst deals ever made by any country, having to do with economic development. It’s economy un-development, as far as our country is concerned.” (Feb. 24 at the Conservative Political Action Conference)

16. “Before NAFTA went into effect — by the way, NAFTA, a total disaster — there were 280,000 autoworkers in Michigan. Today that number is roughly 165,000 — and would have been heading down big-league if I didn’t get elected. I will tell you that right now.” (March 15 in Ypsilanti, Mich.)

17. “Nafta’s been very, very bad for our country. It’s been very, very bad for our companies and for our workers, and we’re going to make some very big changes, or we are going to get rid of Nafta for once and for all. Cannot continue like this, believe me.” (April 18 in Kenosha, Wis.)

18. “I am very upset with NAFTA. I think NAFTA has been a catastrophic trade deal for the United States, trading agreement for the United States. ... I am going to either renegotiate it or I am going to terminate it.” (April 23, Associated Press interview)
    thank you....

16. #58 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

No they did not.

you need to research.
    Google is your friend. Democrats controlled congress all four years under H.W. and the first two under Clinton. You claiming that's not true?

17. #59 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,394 Times in 5,099 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 908 Times in 849 Posts
    Blog Entries

Here are all the terrible things trump has said about NAFTA — before deciding to stick with it

1. “Clinton is the one that approved NAFTA ... NAFTA is the worst deal, one of the worst deals our country has ever made, from an economic standpoint … one of the worst deals, ever.” (May 9, CNN’s “New Day”)
    (NAFTA was actually negotiated and signed in 1992 by Bill Clinton’s predecessor, George H. W. Bush, though it came into effect in 1994.)

2. “A lot of people thought Reagan was, you know, for some reason everyone thought Reagan was NAFTA. It was Clinton that was NAFTA. Ronald Reagan got a bum rap because NAFTA’s been a disaster for our country.” (June 9, Washington Post interview)

3. “Word is that Crooked Hillary has very small and unenthusiastic crowds in Pennsylvania. Perhaps it is because her husband signed NAFTA?” (July 30, Twitter)

4. “NAFTA, a total disaster. NAFTA, signed by Bill Clinton. He never suffered the ravages, because he signed it, then he got out and other people did suffer with it.” (Aug. 5 in Green Bay, Wis.)

5. “I see the carnage that NAFTA has caused, I see the carnage. It’s been horrible. I see upstate New York, I see North Carolina, but I see every state. You look at New England. New England got really whacked. New England got hit.” (Aug. 9 in Wilmington, N.C.)

6. “Here, in this beautiful and great state, so many people have suffered because of NAFTA. NAFTA. Remember NAFTA, what it's done to this country. Bill Clinton signed the deal and Hillary Clinton supported the deal.” (Aug. 18 in Charlotte, N.C.)

7. “There’s never been a worse or a dumber deal for trade including TPP which is a disaster — but TPP I don't believe will be as bad as NAFTA. And as you know, Hillary Clinton totally wants to approve TPP.” (Sept. 13 in Des Moines, Iowa)

8. “And lastly, we have some of the worst trade deals ever made, headed by NAFTA. Other countries have ripped us like you've never seen before, vast parcels of land throughout our country including this state are empty with fallen buildings, empty, just empty. When you see it, it’s so sad.” (Sept. 20 in Kenansville, N.C.)

9. “Your husband signed NAFTA, which was one of the worst things that ever happened to the manufacturing industry. ... NAFTA is the worst trade deal maybe ever signed anywhere, but certainly ever signed in this country.” (Sept. 26 presidential debate with Hillary Clinton)

11. “Sad, isn’t it? Isn’t it pathetic? North Carolina’s industrial workers have been crushed by Bill Clinton’s signing of NAFTA supported by crooked Hillary.” (Oct. 14 in Greensboro, N.C.)

12. “I will renegotiate NAFTA. If I can’t make a great deal, we’re going to tear it up. We’re going to get this economy running again.” (Oct. 19, Twitter)

13. “At the center of my jobs plan will be fixing our terrible trade deals. They are terrible. They are the most incompetent deals ever made. By the way, NAFTA, signed by Bill Clinton. Thank you very much, President Clinton.” (Oct. 21 in Fletcher, N.C.)

14. “And with NAFTA if we don’t get the deal we want, we will terminate NAFTA and get a much better deal for our workers and for our companies, 100 percent, 100 percent.” (Oct. 26 in Kinston, N.C.)

15. “Take a look at NAFTA, one of the worst deals ever made by any country, having to do with economic development. It’s economy un-development, as far as our country is concerned.” (Feb. 24 at the Conservative Political Action Conference)

16. “Before NAFTA went into effect — by the way, NAFTA, a total disaster — there were 280,000 autoworkers in Michigan. Today that number is roughly 165,000 — and would have been heading down big-league if I didn’t get elected. I will tell you that right now.” (March 15 in Ypsilanti, Mich.)

17. “Nafta’s been very, very bad for our country. It’s been very, very bad for our companies and for our workers, and we’re going to make some very big changes, or we are going to get rid of Nafta for once and for all. Cannot continue like this, believe me.” (April 18 in Kenosha, Wis.)

18. “I am very upset with NAFTA. I think NAFTA has been a catastrophic trade deal for the United States, trading agreement for the United States. ... I am going to either renegotiate it or I am going to terminate it.” (April 23, Associated Press interview)
    Thanks for proving that Jarod lied again.

His entire thread is pointless, given you quotations above.

Thank you.

18. #60 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Yaya View Post
    Thanks for proving that Jarod lied again.

His entire thread is pointless, given you quotations above.

Thank you.
    I don't know how Jarod lied. trump mentioned getting rid of NAFTA in 12, 14, 17 and 18.

― Charles Dickens