Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Chelsea Clinton to run for office?

1. #46 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,188 Times in 25,723 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,614 Times in 2,498 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    Is that your way of saying you agree with the author and don't want Chelsea running?
    I don't care one way or the other.

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
    ― Charles Dickens

2. #47 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,235 Times in 10,345 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,490 Times in 1,337 Posts
    Blog Entries

chelsea should be raising her young child, not getting involved with all this politics stuff.

---

Quote Originally Posted by Mott the Hoople View Post
    Grind is basically right
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    Grind’s got you beat by miles. He is very intelligent.

3. #48 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,710 Times in 27,343 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,977 Times in 2,694 Posts

If you did not complain about the George Dumbya Bush and Mittens Romney dynastic backgrounds, I have to wonder why you have a problem now. Is it only a problem for you when the person in question is a Democrat? If not, did you start threads complaining about the Bush and Romney dynasties.

Never heard of the "T.A. Frank" geek, who wrote this. I do not put a whole lot of stake in the opinions of young geeks I have never heard of.

I personally don't have an opinion of what Chelsea should do, other than the fact she strikes me as a capable and erudite person of integrity who can probably do whatever the eff she wants to do.

4. #49 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,386 Times in 14,102 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    If you did not complain about the George Dumbya Bush and Mittens Romney dynastic backgrounds, I have to wonder why you have a problem now. Is it only a problem for you when the person in question is a Democrat? If not, did you start threads complaining about the Bush and Romney dynasties.

Never heard of the "T.A. Frank" geek, who wrote this. I do not put a whole lot of stake in the opinions of young geeks I have never heard of.

I personally don't have an opinion of what Chelsea should do, other than the fact she strikes me as a capable and erudite person of integrity who can probably do whatever the eff she wants to do.
    This is a political discussion board so I don't think it offensive, or even partisan, to ask if people think Chelsea will run for office.

There were conservative publications that wrote anti-Jeb articles when he ran and here's a liberal publication doing the same. And the fact is Chelsea has been getting a lot more coverage from the MSM so the idea that she could run for office is not a far fetched one.

5. #50 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,001 Times in 13,040 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,147 Times in 1,092 Posts

I don't know if it was in this article or a different one where she said she tried and just couldn't care about money. Of course living in a $10 million townhome and having a multi-million dollar wedding is nice and all but money's just not that important.
    Why the ad hom attacks Wacko? You're reminding me of the vile shit old lard ass used to say about Chelsea when she was a kid.
    You're Never Alone With A Schizophrenic!

6. #51 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,835 Times in 8,249 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,899 Times in 5,299 Posts
    Blog Entries

Some Dynasty
    One administration, two terms. BFD
    It is the responsibility of every American citizen to own a modern military rifle.

7. #52 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,386 Times in 14,102 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mott the Hoople View Post
    Why the ad hom attacks Wacko? You're reminding me of the vile shit old lard ass used to say about Chelsea when she was a kid.
    I never said anything about her as a kid and those that did were way out of bounds. But she's a woman in her 30's who has actively campaigned for her mother and other political causes. She's not an off limits child anymore. And to live large like she is and to say "I just couldn't care about money" is transparent b.s.

8. #53 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 55 Times in 52 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post

Partisan Is a Contraction of "Part Insane"

Unchained thinkers should be sick of hearing Netwits' "you did it too, so it's all right if we do it" (tu quoque fallacy). If either partisan herd has a problem with the hereditary political clique of the other, it should condemn both sides. What's wrong with banishing those spoiled preordained brats from your own side, too? It will make it stronger to weed out those who'd be nobodies without their Daddies' money and connections. chelsea's accomplishments mean nothing; the professors padded her grades because of who her Daddy and Mommy were.
    Last edited by The Sage of Main Street; 04-26-2017 at 10:54 AM.
    On the outside, trickling down on the Insiders

We won't live free until the Democrats, and their voters, live in fear.

9. #54 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

dp
    Last edited by The Sage of Main Street; 04-26-2017 at 11:54 AM.

10. #55 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by The Sage of Main Street View Post
    Partisan Is a Contraction of "Part Insane"

Unchained thinkers should be sick of hearing Netwits' "you did it too, so it's all right if we do it" (tu quoquefallacy. If either partisan herd has a problem with the hereditary political clique of the other, it should condemn both sides. What's wrong with banishing those spoiled preordained brats from your own side, too? It will make it stronger to weed out those who'd be nobodies without their Daddies' money and connections. chelsea's accomplishments mean nothing; the professors padded her grades because of who her Daddy and Mommy were.
    Yes, you are "part insane." Let's see some proof that Chelsea's grades were padded, not just your bias and supposition.

― Charles Dickens

11. #56 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

There were conservative publications that wrote anti-Jeb articles when he ran and here's a liberal publication doing the same. .
    The Miami Dauphin

JEB! had a claim
    Like no other:
    "He's not heavy
    He's my brother."

JEB! had the Right finances
    DNA's the Right genes
    Woulda saved America by
    Deporting all Slovenes!

12. #57 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,373 Times in 1,045 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 34 Times in 32 Posts

Another empty dream of Hillary's, that her daughter might break the vaunted glass ceiling that she herself was so disappointingly unable to. She has not taken into account that Horseface Chelsea doesn't stand a chance.

13. #58 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by christiefan915 View Post
    Yes, you are "part insane." Let's see some proof that Chelsea's grades were padded, not just your bias and supposition.
    A Nation Starts Dying When Dynasty Becomes Destiny

Don't be a traitor to your class by allowing birth privileges. And if you're actually one of the HeirHeads yourself, be warned that your days are numbered because your bipartisan oligarchy is outnumbered by at least 100 to 1.

14. #59 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I never said anything about her as a kid and those that did were way out of bounds. But she's a woman in her 30's who has actively campaigned for her mother and other political causes. She's not an off limits child anymore. And to live large like she is and to say "I just couldn't care about money" is transparent b.s.
    Guess I still don't understand. The trump kids actively campaigned for their father just like Chelsea did for her mother, why is that not to be expected?. I also think it's weird to the extreme that trump elevated his daughter to the position she's in, when she's as unqualified for it as he is for the presidency. Yet you don't see any cons criticizing that. Why is Ivanka getting a pass? Why is Melania getting a pass for phoning in her duties?

And explain "living large." Rich people don't live like poor people. The trump kids have always "lived large" so why aren't they criticized for it? The trump kids could be using their megabucks on furthering their educations and contributing to society in some way rather than simply growing their fortunes. No one in that family understands the meaning of public service. They're all about reality shows, exploiting workers, and jaunting around the world at the taxpayers' expense.

― Charles Dickens

15. #60 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by The Sage of Main Street View Post
    A Nation Starts Dying When Dynasty Becomes Destiny

Don't be a traitor to your class by allowing birth privileges. And if you're actually one of the HeirHeads yourself, be warned that your days are numbered because your bipartisan oligarchy is outnumbered by at least 100 to 1.
    Hilarious. You think the trump kids aren't privileged by birth? You think the trump kids didn't get into universities on the strength of their father's money?

Now again, where is your proof that profs padded Chelsea's grades?

― Charles Dickens