Members banned from this thread: evince

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: what the FUCK happened to bill nye?

1. #91 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,001 Times in 13,040 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,147 Times in 1,092 Posts

OK...I can get why Tom doesn't like or get Bill Nye. Nye advocates for ACC. Tom also doesn't understand Nye's history, or is familiar with his past program or understand either Nye's target audience or his popularity based on his goofy Dad type persona.

So I've watched some of Nye's Netflix program and to answer Grinds question on what happened to Bill Nye? Not much really. His show is the same goofy, lame, full of Dad joke humor that it's always been. I think Grinds sentimentality towards Nye is conflicting with the reality of Nye. Grind is rembering a romanticized Nye from his childhood. Having been well into adulthood when Nye's program first came out I'm seeing pretty much the same Nye I've always seen with the same lame, goofy format. I mean his recent segment on gender was no less lame or controversial then the one he did in the 90's. Pretty much a rewrap.

The only difference I see in the Netflix program is he's not in front of the camera as much. It's still pretty much the same Bill Nye. And yea...Nye was offending science deniers on other issues back in the 90's too.

I like Bill. He's an excellent science educator even if Tom seems to feel science revolves around ACC. His target audience is mostly tweens and early teens with witty sops to adults in the audience and he does a great job of not only teaching but of getting kids interested in science. He does a very nice job of explaining complex science concepts simply enough that even a retard like Grind can get it. This nation could actually use more folks like Nye who can turn young kids onto science even if they are goofy as hell and gloss over some details.
    You're Never Alone With A Schizophrenic!

2. #92 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,051 Times in 26,519 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,742 Times in 4,521 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mott the Hoople View Post
    His degree in engineering doesn't hurt either.
    He is an ocean going arsehole, how you can't see that is beyond me!

http://www.theblaze.com/news/2017/04...e-guy-already/

Sent from my Lenovo K52e78 using Tapatalk

3. #93 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Default what the FUCK happened to bill nye?

OK...I can get why Tom doesn't like or get Bill Nye. Nye advocates for ACC. Tom also doesn't understand Nye's history, or is familiar with his past program or understand either Nye's target audience or his popularity based on his goofy Dad type persona.

So I've watched some of Nye's Netflix program and to answer Grinds question on what happened to Bill Nye? Not much really. His show is the same goofy, lame, full of Dad joke humor that it's always been. I think Grinds sentimentality towards Nye is conflicting with the reality of Nye. Grind is rembering a romanticized Nye from his childhood. Having been well into adulthood when Nye's program first came out I'm seeing pretty much the same Nye I've always seen with the same lame, goofy format. I mean his recent segment on gender was no less lame or controversial then the one he did in the 90's. Pretty much a rewrap.

The only difference I see in the Netflix program is he's not in front of the camera as much. It's still pretty much the same Bill Nye. And yea...Nye was offending science deniers on other issues back in the 90's too.

I like Bill. He's an excellent science educator even if Tom seems to feel science revolves around ACC. His target audience is mostly tweens and early teens with witty sops to adults in the audience and he does a great job of not only teaching but of getting kids interested in science. He does a very nice job of explaining complex science concepts simply enough that even a retard like Grind can get it. This nation could actually use more folks like Nye who can turn young kids onto science even if they are goofy as hell and gloss over some details.
    In all the time I have been talking about AGW, or the lack of it, I have always said that it's the science only. It is you and others that are unwilling to see that much of what passes for climate science is in fact politics. Bill Nye exemplifies that, it is laughable that he is even in the same studio as a colossus such as William Happer.

4. #94 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Milagro View Post
    In all the time I have been talking about AGW, or the lack of it, I have always said that it's the science only. It is you and others that are unwilling to see that much of what passes for climate science is in fact politics. Bill Nye exemplifies that, it is laughable that he is even in the same studio as a colossus such as William Happer.

Yes Tom but Nye's position is neither controversial or outside the mainstream of the scientific community so I'm not about to condemn a man who has done a truly excellent job in educating youngsters in science based on a single issue in which you are outside the mainstream. The kids seem to like him too. Bill is a knowledgable and erudite man but let's put him in context. He's an educator. Not an expert on ACC.

5. #95 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,145 Times in 10,539 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,987 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

University of North Carolina, not bad. The second best physics program in that state.

6. #96 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Micawber View Post
    University of North Carolina, not bad. The second best physics program in that state.
    No wonder you are an ambulance chaser, mendacity comes to you as naturally as breathing! He did his doctorate at Princeton, is the Cyrus Fogg Brackett Professor of Physics, Emeritus, at Princeton University and a long-term member of the JASON advisory group, so kindly shut the fuck up!! Bill Nye knows how to use a spanner!!

7. #97 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Yes Tom but Nye's position is neither controversial or outside the mainstream of the scientific community so I'm not about to condemn a man who has done a truly excellent job in educating youngsters in science based on a single issue in which you are outside the mainstream. The kids seem to like him too. Bill is a knowledgable and erudite man but let's put him in context. He's an educator. Not an expert on ACC.
    So why is the fucker wheeled out so often to comment on AGW then?

8. #98 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,551 Times in 2,991 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 107 Times in 102 Posts

So why is the $&@#%€ wheeled out so often to comment on AGW then?

Because he is well respected by those who grew up with him and who also now represent a large voting block in this country and he says what those who espouse his views (namely the media who controls whose views are heard and not heard) want him to say.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to leaningright For This Post:

cancel2 2022 (04-29-2017)

10. #99 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,972 Times in 32,287 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Chlorate View Post
    Nope, you can never top the original.

https://www.justplainpolitics.com/sh...S-WIN!)/page11
    thanks for reminding me why I've never played this game twice.......

11. #100 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leaningright View Post
    Because he is well respected by those who grew up with him and who also now represent a large voting block in this country and he says what those who espouse his views (namely the media who controls whose views are heard and not heard) want him to say.
    Well the Tellytubbies are well respected over here but I wouldn't want to elicit their views on AGW either.

12. #101 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,235 Times in 10,345 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,490 Times in 1,337 Posts
    Blog Entries

millennial​ circlejerking

---

Grind is basically right
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    Grind’s got you beat by miles. He is very intelligent.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to BRUTALITOPS For This Post:

Mott the Hoople (04-29-2017)

14. #102 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,602 Times in 2,267 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 163 Times in 155 Posts

I always preferred Beakman's World myself.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Mr.Badguy For This Post:

BRUTALITOPS (04-29-2017)

16. #103 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Obviously his celebrity status.

17. #104 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by leaningright View Post
    That's simply not true. At least the media puppet comment. Nye's views on ACC and vaccination are position that he's held for a long time and are main stream views of the scientific community. Given his body of work in science education on a vast number of topics and given a handful of positions that's contrary to positions held by far right conservative lay people who's views are themselves outside the mainstream of science or are completely outside of science all together that's an ad hom attack that's silly given most of the far rights views are based on right wing media. That's just a silly accusation.

18. #105 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

That's simply not true. At least the media puppet comment. Nye's views on ACC and vaccination are position that he's held for a long time and are main stream views of the scientific community. Given his body of work in science education on a vast number of topics and given a handful of positions that's contrary to positions held by far right conservative lay people who's views are themselves outside the mainstream of science or are completely outside of science all together that's an ad hom attack that's silly given most of the far rights views are based on right wing media. That's just a silly accusation.
    There I am telling you that much of climate science is just politics and you are confirming that view. Getting you to state an opinion rather that just appealing to authority and consensus, how about you tell me what is actually known and what is unknown? Any scientist worth their salt ought to be able to tell you that without hesitation.
    Last edited by cancel2 2022; 04-29-2017 at 02:21 PM.