Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: Anti-Commandeering: The Legal Basis for Refusing to Participate

1. #91 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,520 Times in 5,217 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,477 Times in 2,299 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rune View Post
    This is why Trump cannot withhold funding in an attempt to compel local officials to enforce federal law.
    The 10th amendment directly prohibits it.

That the Justice Department is making this threat is an indictment of Sessions ability to carry out his duties.

Interesting that this is now your approach. You turned a blind eye when Obama did it, but now all of a sudden you are a fan of federalism. Well, go fuck yourself. States don't have a right to federal monies.

2. #92 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,520 Times in 5,217 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,477 Times in 2,299 Posts

Wrong,retard.
    When an illegal hurts someone it is the fault of the Feds, since they are tasked with preventing the illegals from entering.
    Since you don't understand something this fucking simple, you will never post in a thread of mine again.

Tell me Ralph, you drunken ignorant shitstain, why did the GOP refuse to make illegal entry a felony?
    why does it have to be a felony?

3. #93 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,835 Times in 8,249 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,899 Times in 5,299 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by I Love America View Post
    why does it have to be a felony?
    Why shouldn't it be?
    It is the responsibility of every American citizen to own a modern military rifle.

4. #94 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by I Love America View Post
    Interesting that this is now your approach. You turned a blind eye when Obama did it, but now all of a sudden you are a fan of federalism. Well, go fuck yourself. States don't have a right to federal monies.
    Obama did some illegal shit,
    I was vociferous in my objections to whatever I was aware of.

I have always been a fan of federalism, by the way, retard.
    It is the responsibility of every American citizen to own a modern military rifle.

5. #95 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,816 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,328 Times in 1,225 Posts

Withholding funding to compel is an act of compelling.

The Federal gov. cannot compel states to enforce Federal laws. It is the job of the Federal gov. to enforce Federal laws. That is why there are Federal courts in every state.

Perhaps you should research the origins of sanctuary states and cities. It was the Feds ineptitude and the cities inability to withstand the cost burden of the Feds inaction which brought about the situation.
    perhaps you should research seat belt and speed limit laws in the USA
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

6. #96 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

For the 11th time; states receive highway funding from the Fed.
    If they don't respect the wishes of the Feds re that funding then the funding can of course, be witheld.
    Since immigration is a Federal purview and states receive zero funds for immigration funding cannot be withheld. To do so would be to compel the state to enforce Federal law.
    This is known as commandeering and is a violation of the 10th Amendment.
    you are totally splitting hairs on this, intentionally, to cover your support of 'safety', the cry of the liberal tyrant.
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

7. #97 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SmarterthanYou View Post
    perhaps you should research seat belt and speed limit laws in the USA
    Perhaps you should read the thread.
    This was covered repeatedly.

The difference is that the feds provide funding for highways so of course they can withhold the funding.
    They do not, however, provide funding for immigration enforcement, holding that to be a purview of the Federal gov.

8. #98 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

you are totally splitting hairs on this, intentionally, to cover your support of 'safety', the cry of the liberal tyrant.
    You are such a fan of the Constitution, read the OP.

Tell me what part of the OP you disagree with.

9. #99 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Damn, you can really be an idiot sometimes.

It is the security statists that want this you fool.

10. #100 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Damn, you can really be an idiot sometimes.

It is the security statists that want this you fool.
    and I don't agree with them either. what i'm pointing out is the hypocrisy of it on both sides, depending upon what one WANTS/FEELS

11. #101 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

and I don't agree with them either. what i'm pointing out is the hypocrisy of it on both sides, depending upon what one WANTS/FEELS
    I agree,
    the problem is if you insist one right is sacrosanct (2nd) then you must defend the other 9 as well, whether they suit your cause or not.
    I thought you of all people would understand this.

12. #102 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I agree,
    the problem is if you insist one right is sacrosanct (2nd) then you must defend the other 9 as well, whether they suit your cause or not.
    I thought you of all people would understand this.
    do you have some post out there of a right that i've NOT defended?

13. #103 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,883 Times in 2,239 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 124 Times in 120 Posts

Show where it says protect and serve the people, idiot.
    How about the State Oath of Office for all California police officers?

"I_______________do solemnly swear (affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the Untied States against all enemies, both foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the Constitution of the Untied States and the State of California; that I will take this obligation freely without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I faithfully discharge the duties upon which I am about to enter......."

What does the State of California declare concerning Police Power/authority and providing for its citizens?

It clearly...with no ambiguity declares, ".....What's commonly known as POLICE POWER and is the source of counties and cities regulatory authority to "PROTECT PUBLIC HEALTH, SAFETY AND WELFARE......" -- Cal. Const., Article XI & 7

Want to deflect away from your stupidity and ignorance again? You are really full of crap when you suggest that the police's duty is not to serve and protect the PUBLIC....in an attempt to claim they have no responsibility to the National Constitution nor their own state constitution. Question? If its not the duty of any California police officer to enforce federal law.....why swear to protect the nation and its constitution against all enemies both foreign and domestic? Or those who promote domestic discourse bordering on TREASON .... such as you and the left wing politicians in California.

What will you do with the information that you declared did not exist? Nothing.....you will attempt to deflect with some ad hominem bull shit again by suggesting how stupid others are for not understanding your PROPAGANDA.
    Last edited by Ralph; 04-25-2017 at 07:37 AM.

14. #104 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

do you have some post out there of a right that i've NOT defended?
    you are working on it in this thread, and this same subject has come up before.

15. #105 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph View Post
    How about the State Oath of Office for all California police officers?

"I_______________do solemnly swear (affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the Untied States against all enemies, both foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the Constitution of the Untied States and the State of California; that I will take this obligation freely without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I faithfully discharge the duties upon which I am about to enter......."

What does the State of California declare concerning Police Power/authority and providing for its citizens?

It clearly...with no ambiguity declares, ".....What's commonly known as POLICE POWER and is the source of counties and cities regulatory authority to "PROTECT PUBLIC HEALTH, SAFETY AND WELFARE......" -- Cal. Const., Article XI & 7

Want to deflect away from and stupidity and ignorance again? You are really full of crap when you suggest that the police's duty is not to serve and protect the PUBLIC....in an attempt to claim they have no responsibility to the National Constitution nor their own state constitution. Question? If its not the duty of any California police officer to enforce federal law.....why swear to protect the nation and its constitution against all enemies both foreign and domestic? Or those who promote domestic discourse bordering on TREASON .... such as you and the left wing politicians in California.
    Are your retarded?
    You just said the opposite, let me know when you decide what you really want to say.