Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This Donald Trump interview transcript has a whole lot of 'unintelligible' in it

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,599 Times in 9,131 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,428 Times in 1,257 Posts

Default This Donald Trump interview transcript has a whole lot of 'unintelligible' in it

2. The Following User Says Thank You to signalmankenneth For This Post:

Phantasmal (04-24-2017)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,870 Times in 21,642 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,675 Times in 5,179 Posts
    Blog Entries

Ive been reading it this morning, the guy has ADD or some other brain disorder, he cant talk in a straight line.

18 U.S. Code § 2071 - Concealment, removal, or mutilation generally
    44 U.S.C. 2202 - The United States shall reserve and retain complete ownership, possession, and control of Presidential records; and such records shall be administered in accordance with the provisions of this chapter.

LOCK HIM UP!

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jarod For This Post:

Cypress (04-24-2017), domer76 (04-24-2017), Phantasmal (04-24-2017), signalmankenneth (04-24-2017)

5. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,373 Times in 1,045 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 34 Times in 32 Posts

The POTUS has Dems doing a new dance called the menstrual cramp.

6. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

He seems to be having a brain cramp.

44 U.S.C. 2202 - The United States shall reserve and retain complete ownership, possession, and control of Presidential records; and such records shall be administered in accordance with the provisions of this chapter.

LOCK HIM UP!

7. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

That brain cramp stomped you people into dust.

Which makes you losers to a brain cramp.

8. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,294 Times in 8,007 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,132 Times in 1,059 Posts
    Blog Entries

7 Baffling Moments From Donald Trump’s AP Interview
    So many words, so little sense.

President Donald Trump lied about his policy accomplishments, interrupted himself, and went off on a series of incoherent rants during a recent interview with The Associated Press.

The AP released part of the interview last week, but made a fuller*transcript available late Sunday.*You can read it in full here, but beware: It’s a doozy. The phrase “Donald Trump is unintelligible” was even a top trending topic on Twitter early Monday ― a reference to the 16 times during the one-on-one interview where whatever the president said was apparently impossible to transcribe.

Here are some of the interview’s most bizarre moments:

Shunning reality, Trump said he’s “mostly there” on fulfilling the promises of his first 100 days.

With the 100-day mark looming on April 29,*the president has fallen short on every one of the legislative goals he set last year in his “100-day action plan.” Most notably, the Republican health care bill that Trump campaigned extensively for went down in flames. He has also failed to secure funding for the wall he’s hoping to build along the U.S.-Mexico border.

Trump claimed he’s never supported WikiLeaks, despite having repeatedly said otherwise.

When WikiLeaks published hacked Democratic Party emails*during the 2016 presidential campaign, Trump brought it up at his rallies at every opportunity. But on Friday, when asked about*reports that Attorney General Jeff Sessions is planning to pursue charges against WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange, Trump sang a different tune.*

“Never heard of Wikileaks, never heard of it,” he told the AP. “When Wikileaks came out, all I was just saying is, ‘Well, look at all this information here, this is pretty good stuff’... I don’t support or unsupport.”

Trump said the Electoral College is “very difficult for a Republican to win” because it’s “so skewed” toward Democrats. It’s not.

Tell that to former Presidents George W. Bush, Ronald Reagan, Richard Nixon, etc. As Newsweek explained last year, the Electoral College may actually have a slight bias toward*Republicans, since Democratic voters are more likely to be concentrated in major cities:

Increasingly, Democratic voters live in large urban areas, and are concentrated in several parts of the country. There are more of them, somewhat, but they live in relatively compact geographic areas. This gives Republicans a mild advantage in the electoral college; Republican voters are more spread out, and the Electoral College system potentially over-represents them slightly as a part of the overall population.

He admitted that when he bashed NATO during his presidential campaign, he didn’t actually know what the alliance did. He also erroneously said that “back when they did NATO there was no such thing as terrorism.”

NATO was founded in 1949, but terrorism as a concept has been around for thousands of years. The term itself is rooted in the bloodshed of 18th-century post-revolution France.

Describing a meeting with Rep. Elijah Cummings (D-Md.), Trump offered the following word salad:

“Well he said, you’ll be the greatest president in the history of, but you know what, I’ll take that also, but that you could be. But he said, will be the greatest president but I would also accept the other. In other words, if you do your job, but I accept that. Then I watched him interviewed and it was like he never even was here. It’s incredible. I watched him interviewed a week later and it’s like he was never in my office. And you can even say that.”

Trump was talking, sort of, about an encounter he had with Cummings in March. According to Trump, the Maryland Democrat told him he’d be one of the greatest presidents in U.S. history. According to Cummings, that’s not exactly how it went down.

He claimed the U.S.-Mexico border wall is “not going to be that expensive.”

Trump’s own estimate of the wall’s cost has dramatically shifted in the nearly two years since he first proposed it. Sometimes it’s $4 billion, sometimes it’s $12 billion.*In his interview with the AP, Trump said “I think I’ll do it for $10 billion or less.” But experts, including in a Department of Homeland Security internal report,*have suggested the actual cost could be over $20 billion.

He abruptly interrupted himself to offer AP reporter Julie Pace a soda.

Presented without comment:
    TRUMP: [Chinese] President Xi [Jinping], we have a, like, a really great relationship. For me to call him a currency manipulator and then say, “By the way, I’d like you to solve the North Korean problem,” doesn’t work. So you have to have a certain flexibility, Number One. Number Two, from the time I took office till now, you know, it’s a very exact thing. It’s not like generalities. Do you want a Coke or anything?

AP: I’m OK, thank you.
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...ushpmg00000009
    AMERICAN HISTORY ITSELF IS A TESTAMENT TO THE STRENGTH AND RESILIENCE OF AFRICAN PEOPLE. WE, ALONG WITH THE COURGE AND SACRIFICES OF CONSCIOUS WHITE AMERICANS, LIKE VIOLA LIUZZO, EVERETT DIRKSEN, AND MANY OTHERS, HAVE FOUGHT AND DIED TOGETHER FOR OUR FREEDOM, AND FOR OUR SURVIVAL.

In America, rights are are not determined by what is just, fair, equitable, honest, nor by what Jesus would do. Rights are determined ONLY by what you can DEMAND.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to blackascoal For This Post:

Phantasmal (04-24-2017)

10. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,286 Times in 10,485 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,908 Times in 4,224 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jarod View Post
    Ive been reading it this morning, the guy has ADD or some other brain disorder, he cant talk in a straight line.
    His brain development stopped about 8th grade. Pretty obvious.

11. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,727 Times in 27,215 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 19,585 Times in 18,174 Posts
    Blog Entries

this is the republican party on fox news and right wing radio

nothing is real

there are no morals

just constant hate of the American system

12. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,286 Times in 10,485 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,908 Times in 4,224 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by blackascoal View Post

President Donald Trump lied about his policy accomplishments, interrupted himself, and went off on a series of incoherent rants during a recent interview with The Associated Press.

The AP released part of the interview last week, but made a fuller*transcript available late Sunday.*You can read it in full here, but beware: It’s a doozy. The phrase “Donald Trump is unintelligible” was even a top trending topic on Twitter early Monday ― a reference to the 16 times during the one-on-one interview where whatever the president said was apparently impossible to transcribe.

Shunning reality, Trump said he’s “mostly there” on fulfilling the promises of his first 100 days.

With the 100-day mark looming on April 29,*the president has fallen short on every one of the legislative goals he set last year in his “100-day action plan.” Most notably, the Republican health care bill that Trump campaigned extensively for went down in flames. He has also failed to secure funding for the wall he’s hoping to build along the U.S.-Mexico border.

Trump claimed he’s never supported WikiLeaks, despite having repeatedly said otherwise.

When WikiLeaks published hacked Democratic Party emails*during the 2016 presidential campaign, Trump brought it up at his rallies at every opportunity. But on Friday, when asked about*reports that Attorney General Jeff Sessions is planning to pursue charges against WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange, Trump sang a different tune.*

“Never heard of Wikileaks, never heard of it,” he told the AP. “When Wikileaks came out, all I was just saying is, ‘Well, look at all this information here, this is pretty good stuff’... I don’t support or unsupport.”

Trump said the Electoral College is “very difficult for a Republican to win” because it’s “so skewed” toward Democrats. It’s not.

Tell that to former Presidents George W. Bush, Ronald Reagan, Richard Nixon, etc. As Newsweek explained last year, the Electoral College may actually have a slight bias toward*Republicans, since Democratic voters are more likely to be concentrated in major cities:

Increasingly, Democratic voters live in large urban areas, and are concentrated in several parts of the country. There are more of them, somewhat, but they live in relatively compact geographic areas. This gives Republicans a mild advantage in the electoral college; Republican voters are more spread out, and the Electoral College system potentially over-represents them slightly as a part of the overall population.

He admitted that when he bashed NATO during his presidential campaign, he didn’t actually know what the alliance did. He also erroneously said that “back when they did NATO there was no such thing as terrorism.”

NATO was founded in 1949, but terrorism as a concept has been around for thousands of years. The term itself is rooted in the bloodshed of 18th-century post-revolution France.

Describing a meeting with Rep. Elijah Cummings (D-Md.), Trump offered the following word salad:

“Well he said, you’ll be the greatest president in the history of, but you know what, I’ll take that also, but that you could be. But he said, will be the greatest president but I would also accept the other. In other words, if you do your job, but I accept that. Then I watched him interviewed and it was like he never even was here. It’s incredible. I watched him interviewed a week later and it’s like he was never in my office. And you can even say that.”

Trump was talking, sort of, about an encounter he had with Cummings in March. According to Trump, the Maryland Democrat told him he’d be one of the greatest presidents in U.S. history. According to Cummings, that’s not exactly how it went down.

Trump’s own estimate of the wall’s cost has dramatically shifted in the nearly two years since he first proposed it. Sometimes it’s $4 billion, sometimes it’s $12 billion.*In his interview with the AP, Trump said “I think I’ll do it for $10 billion or less.” But experts, including in a Department of Homeland Security internal report,*have suggested the actual cost could be over $20 billion.

TRUMP: [Chinese] President Xi [Jinping], we have a, like, a really great relationship. For me to call him a currency manipulator and then say, “By the way, I’d like you to solve the North Korean problem,” doesn’t work. So you have to have a certain flexibility, Number One. Number Two, from the time I took office till now, you know, it’s a very exact thing. It’s not like generalities. Do you want a Coke or anything?

The interviewer should have asked for a few shots of whiskey. Trump
    Might have made more sense after that.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to domer76 For This Post:

blackascoal (04-24-2017)

14. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,089 Times in 33,816 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,080 Times in 4,696 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by signalmankenneth View Post
    I think he gave this after taking his weight loss "cocktail".

If this isnt a rambling mess of an interview, I don't know what is. He must use Sarah Palin's guide to incoherant interviews.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Phantasmal For This Post:

blackascoal (04-24-2017)

16. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by blackascoal View Post

All of which makes you the losers to that guy.

17. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,089 Times in 33,816 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,080 Times in 4,696 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by domer76 View Post
    His brain development stopped about 8th grade. Pretty obvious.
    8th, you give him a lot of credit

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Phantasmal For This Post:

Cypress (04-24-2017), domer76 (04-24-2017)

19. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,727 Times in 27,215 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 19,585 Times in 18,174 Posts
    Blog Entries

20. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I was mostly amazed at how he bragged about ignoring anything negative about him because it was fake. That is where his ego comes from, he has an amazing ability to not believe anything he does not like.

LOCK HIM UP!

21. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,626 Times in 27,290 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,977 Times in 2,694 Posts

Good lord, our Orange Clown is a total buffoon!
    You have to wonder how wingnuts, teabaggers, and conservatards even have the integrity to get up every day and defend this unintelligible and uninformed baboon.
    Because for any person with a shred of integrity, the old "At least he's not Hillary Clinton!" excuse can only be taken so far. At some point, one is going to have to explain why they voted to give the nuclear codes to a mumbling, bumbling buffoon of an Orange Clown
    Last edited by Cypress; 04-24-2017 at 08:55 PM. Reason: typos