Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wasn't ISIS defeated 70 days ago?

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,821 Times in 6,166 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,532 Times in 1,444 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default Wasn't ISIS defeated 70 days ago?

I must've missed that.
    "Do not think that I came to bring peace... I did not come to bring peace, but a sword." - Matthew 10:34

2. The Following User Groans At FUCK THE POLICE For This Awful Post:

Lightbringer (04-21-2017)

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FUCK THE POLICE For This Post:

christiefan915 (04-20-2017), Phantasmal (04-20-2017), Rune (04-20-2017)

4. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,773 Times in 2,207 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 970 Times in 889 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsuha Miyamizu View Post
    I must've missed that.
    Hey, with 8 years to flourish under Trump's closeted predecessor, it's a taller order than your average democrat thinks. Give it time, Pampers.
    Free speech is cool as long as it jibes with our program.

-- The Left

5. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,388 Times in 7,999 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 809 Times in 761 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Granule View Post
    Hey, with 8 years to flourish under Trump's closeted predecessor, it's a taller order than your average democrat thinks. Give it time, Pampers.
    Their #'s were actually pretty decimated under Obama, and they lost over half their territory.

Trump had a secret plan to defeat them, and it wasn't supposed to take long at all. It was going to be done "quickly."

6. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,341 Times in 5,714 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 374 Times in 355 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Thing1 View Post
    Their #'s were actually pretty decimated under Obama, and they lost over half their territory.
    LOLOLOLOL

omg, I love this constant spin from the left
    Who cares about facts

7. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,622 Times in 21,485 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,632 Times in 5,140 Posts
    Blog Entries

They were, but it was done secretly.

18 U.S. Code § 2071 - Concealment, removal, or mutilation generally
    44 U.S.C. 2202 - The United States shall reserve and retain complete ownership, possession, and control of Presidential records; and such records shall be administered in accordance with the provisions of this chapter.

LOCK HIM UP!

8. The Following User Groans At Jarod For This Awful Post:

Lightbringer (04-21-2017)

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Jarod For This Post:

FUCK THE POLICE (04-22-2017)

10. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,579 Times in 15,814 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,951 Times in 1,862 Posts

Trump had a secret plan to defeat them, and it wasn't supposed to take long at all. It was going to be done "quickly."
    lol..they gained 100% of their territory under Obama.

What's gonna be interesting is what is carved out for the Kurds-if not the boundaries are going to lead to border wars.
    And ISIS is not going away, it's gona be a nasty insurgency
    Kissinger: “demonization of Vladimir Putin is not a policy; it is an alibi for the absence of one.”
    ________

Cold War 2.0 Russia hysteria is turning people’s brains into guacamole.
    We’ve got to find a way to snap out of the propaganda trance
    ________

Buddha: "trust the person who seeks truth and mistrust the person who claims he has found it "
    1.2.3.4.5.6.7. All Good Children Go to Heaven

11. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by coolbreeze View Post
    LOLOLOLOL

omg, I love this constant spin from the left
    Who cares about facts
    Those are actually the facts.

You guys are really pretty clueless about what is going on in the world.

12. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by anatta View Post
    lol..they gained 100% of their territory under Obama.

What's gonna be interesting is what is carved out for the Kurds-if not the boundaries are going to lead to border wars.
    And ISIS is not going away, it's gona be a nasty insurgency
    Don't be such a buffoon. Bush created the vacuum that allowed for ISIS.

A poster like you should know better than that. Trump's whole spin that Obama did "nothing" against ISIS was for the uninformed. 10's of thousands of ISIS troops killed, and over 50% of their territory lost.

Stop being such a hack. Restore some of your credibility.

13. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,622 Times in 21,485 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,632 Times in 5,140 Posts
    Blog Entries

ISIS is the group that took over where Al Queda left off. Its the same people, different leadership, different name.

You people are silly to not see that nothing has changed in that region in 1000 years. They did not gain or lose territory.

18 U.S. Code § 2071 - Concealment, removal, or mutilation generally
    44 U.S.C. 2202 - The United States shall reserve and retain complete ownership, possession, and control of Presidential records; and such records shall be administered in accordance with the provisions of this chapter.

LOCK HIM UP!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Jarod For This Post:

FUCK THE POLICE (04-22-2017)

15. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Don't be such a buffoon. Bush created the vacuum that allowed for ISIS.

A poster like you should know better than that. Trump's whole spin that Obama did "nothing" against ISIS was for the uninformed. 10's of thousands of ISIS troops killed, and over 50% of their territory lost.

Stop being such a hack. Restore some of your credibility.
    LMAO @ You calling for an end to hackery.

Why would you post such nonsense as "1/2 the territory was lost under Obama",when you know damn well right
    ISIS rolled untouched in convoys across Iraq conquering cities while Obama dismissed them as "JV?"

Ya I know the history of ISIS, and you once asked me if I supported the Iraq war.
    I can assure you i was sickened by the jingoism and the 'yellow ribbons' that led us into war against a country that had little or nothing to do with 9-11.
    Point being I have been consistent -just like I've been consistent on interventionism ( regime change).

But that was no reason not to look at anti-ISIS mow down in the desert as a counter-terrorism op.
    They were in convoys!
    It would have been of short duration -no regime change -and we wouldn't be going thru this protracted liberation of city after city.

ISIS = "Islamic State of Iraq and Syria". without territory it would have remained AQI. a virulent insurgency
    Obama's fecklessness led us here, just like Bush did to AQI. get honest about it.
    Kissinger: “demonization of Vladimir Putin is not a policy; it is an alibi for the absence of one.”
    ________

________

Buddha: "trust the person who seeks truth and mistrust the person who claims he has found it "

16. The Following User Says Thank You to anatta For This Post:

Darth Omar (04-20-2017)

17. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by anatta View Post
    LMAO @ You calling for an end to hackery.

Why would you post such nonsense as "1/2 the territory was lost under Obama",when you know damn well right
    ISIS rolled untouched in convoys across Iraq conquering cities while Obama dismissed them as "JV?"

Ya I know the history of ISIS, and you once asked me if I supported the Iraq war.
    I can assure you i was sickened by the jingoism and the 'yellow ribbons' that led us into war against a country that had little or nothing to do with 9-11.
    Point being I have been consistent -just like I've been consistent on interventionism ( regime change).

But that was no reason not to look at anti-ISIS mow down in the desert as a counter-terrorism op.
    They were in convoys!
    It would have been of short duration -no regime change -and we wouldn't be going thru this protract liberation of city after city.

ISIS = "Islamic State of Iraq and Syria". without territory it would have remained AQI.
    Obama's fecklessness led us here, just like Bush did to AQI. get honest about it.
    And YOU know that this country had no stomach at all for more troop presence in Iraq and more war after a decade+ of something that was supposed to be "6 months."

I'm tired of this BS. The left warned the Bushies EN MASSE of the Pandora's Box he was opening up w/ Iraq. I don't care who followed Bush; there weren't a lot of options given public sentiment to make it less of a mess. People say we shouldn't have pulled out when we did, but literally no one has an estimate for how long we would have needed a very significant fighting presence there. The best guess is likely permanent.

And no way the country would go for that. This will always be on Bush - sorry if that bothers you. He rushed to war, he was careless about considering the consequences. And his supporters loved every second of it. No one is rewriting this history while people who lived through it are still around.

18. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

And YOU know that this country had no stomach at all for more troop presence in Iraq and more war after a decade+ of something that was supposed to be "6 months."

I'm tired of this BS. The left warned the Bushies EN MASSE of the Pandora's Box he was opening up w/ Iraq. I don't care who followed Bush; there weren't a lot of options given public sentiment to make it less of a mess. People say we shouldn't have pulled out when we did, but literally no one has an estimate for how long we would have needed a very significant fighting presence there. The best guess is likely permanent.

And no way the country would go for that. This will always be on Bush - sorry if that bothers you. He rushed to war, he was careless about considering the consequences. And his supporters loved every second of it. No one is rewriting this history while people who lived through it are still around.
    what troop presence? was "troop presence" needed for Libya? No. Neither would have it been needed for ISIS in Iraq.

all that was needed was an Air Force! no ground troops. It was a proverbial turkey shoot.
    We could have knocked them out in a few days, and kept suppressing them in the desert if they reformed

when they got into the cities -then they became unable to target solely by air.

Good Lord Thing.
    Look at what we did to Libya -bombed the crap out of Qaddafi and even there we bombed
    Misrata ( a city).
    We wouldn't even had to have done that if Obama had taken advantage of open targeting in the Iraqi desert.

ISIS convoy somewhere in Iraqi desert
    ________

________

19. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

You understand that either we or our allies have obliterated quite a few of those traveling convoys, correct?

It's not like that one was all of ISIS or anything. As usual, you have tunnel vision about one or 2 very specific situations, and miss the much bigger picture.

20. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,785 Times in 32,151 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

they didn't even exist before Obama, so whatever their numbers were when Obama left office is what happened to their numbers under Obama......

21. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

You understand that either we or our allies have obliterated quite a few of those traveling convoys, correct?

It's not like that one was all of ISIS or anything. As usual, you have tunnel vision about one or 2 very specific situations, and miss the much bigger picture.
    The Iraqi forces fled from ISIS as they approached the Mosul & theAnbar cities leaving tanks and artillery
    -that's how ISIS got it's heavy weapons. That's how it became a true "terrorist army"

If the US had hit ISIS in the desert during it's advance none of the cities would need liberation today.
    and ISIS would never have become a regional power ( short term -but still a regional terrorist army)

It was a complete abandonment by Obama, rationalized by his "JV" nonsense.

Untold suffering and death by his failure to act is his legacy in Iraq..it was as bad a mistake as going into Iraq
    and I think it was worse the Libya, and you know what a FUBAR call that was by Hillary/Obama
    ________

________