Thread: judge rules against frump on inciting violence

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,472 Times in 1,090 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 278 Times in 249 Posts

Default judge rules against frump on inciting violence

three people in an audience were injured when frump ordered his supporters to 'get them out of here'

they filed a lawsuit against frump and when his lawyers claimed that his words were protected by the first amendment the judge ruled against frump.

[TR]
    [TD="class: yiv7892017243leftbumper, width: 50"][/TD]
    [TD="class: yiv7892017243content, width: 500"]

[TR]

[/TR]
    Breaking News from Newsmax.com

[TR]

[/TR]
    Judge to Trump: No Protection for Speech Inciting Violence
    A federal judge has rejected President Donald Trump's free speech defense against a lawsuit accusing him of inciting violence against protesters at a campaign rally.
    Trump's lawyers sought to dismiss the lawsuit by three protesters who say they were roughed up by his supporters at a March 1, 2016 rally in Louisville, Kentucky. They argued that Trump didn't intend for his supporters to use force.

Two women and a man say they were shoved and punched by audience members at Trump's command. Much of it was captured on video and widely broadcast during the campaign, showing Trump pointing at the protesters and repeating "get them out."
    Judge David J. Hale in Louisville ruled Friday that the suit against Trump, his campaign and three of his supporters can proceed. Hale found ample facts supporting allegations that the protesters' injuries were a "direct and proximate result" of Trump's actions, and noted that the Supreme Court has ruled out constitutional protections for speech that incites violence.
    "It is plausible that Trump's direction to 'get 'em out of here' advocated the use of force," the judge wrote. "It was an order, an instruction, a command."

[/TD]
    [/TR]

https://mg.mail.yahoo.com/neo/launch...hda#3962523628
    I pledge allegiance to the constitution of the United States of America as amended by the legislative and executive branches and interpreted by the Supreme Court

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Don Quixote For This Post:

signalmankenneth (04-03-2017)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,229 Times in 809 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 176 Times in 163 Posts

I doubt our so called president has the ability to recognize hate and its causes. He lives in a bubble protected by guards and the American system for the rich.

"Let’s make sure people who say evil things, who do evil things, who believe evil things have to take responsibility." Eric Fromm

"On August 19, 1934, 95% of the Germans who were registered to vote went to the polls and 90% (38 million) of adult German citizens voted to give Adolf Hitler complete and total authority to rule Germany as he saw fit. Only 4.25 million Germans voted against this transfer of power to a totalitarian regime." William Shirer 'The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich'

"What makes Nicholas Kristof think that Trump supporters can be recruited by the Democratic Party? Can you recruit people who continue to support a president whose legislation if passed would threaten their very existence? Can you recruit people who still believe that President Barack Obama was not born in the United States? Can you recruit people who cannot be persuaded by rational argument and scientific evidence? Can you recruit people who take the most preposterous lies of the right-wing news media as gospel truth? I am afraid that many if not most Trump supporters will stick with the president until the pain he will inflict upon them can no longer be tolerated." David Arthur, Brooklyn

https://www.aol.com/article/news/201...ince/21712876/
    Wanna make America great, buy American owned, made in the USA, we do. AF Veteran, INFJ-A, I am not PC.

"I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it." Voltaire

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 23 Times in 23 Posts

Pretty bad when our own president doesn't realize that speech that inspires violence isn't protected.

5. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,229 Times in 809 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 176 Times in 163 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Man View Post
    Pretty bad when our own president doesn't realize that speech that inspires violence isn't protected.
    Sarah Palin is suing the NYT over her ads putting targets on democrats. The connection between crazy people and over the top political rhetoric is a hard one.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/27/b...ork-times.html
    Wanna make America great, buy American owned, made in the USA, we do. AF Veteran, INFJ-A, I am not PC.

"I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it." Voltaire