Thread: Hundreds of American Jews protest outside AIPAC against Occupation

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,051 Times in 26,519 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,742 Times in 4,521 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by moon2012 View Post
    That being the case then you should be welcoming the protests of these Jews- not denigrating their efforts to free Palestine;

But you're not.

Frankly, only a pro-Israeli ass would take part in the drip-feeding of Gaza's prisoners while the neoZionists collect their billions of dollars in hand-outs. The blockade is illegal, immoral and unacceptable. You should immediately stop supporting it.
    Hamas doesn't want the blockade to end, they make far too much money out of it from charging people to use their tunnels.

Sent from Lenovo K6 Note

2. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,679 Times in 16,485 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 585 Times in 561 Posts
    Blog Entries

That being the case then you should be welcoming the protests of these Jews- not denigrating their efforts to free Palestine;

But you're not.

Frankly, only a pro-Israeli ass would take part in the drip-feeding of Gaza's prisoners while the neoZionists collect their billions of dollars in hand-outs. The blockade is illegal, immoral and unacceptable. You should immediately stop supporting it.
    I can see this is over your head. I ask you again, politely, have you ever been to Palestine? Israel? Actually seen what is going on up close or even bothered to do anything other than yap about it on a political board? If you would like to engage in a rational discussion about any of this, I would like to know that I am discussing it with someone on equal footing, not just hearsay and hype.

3. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 54,753 Times in 33,623 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,065 Times in 4,683 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sailor View Post
    Nah. Most activists in this country just see shit on the internet, read it online or some social media outlet. They would never bother actually going to that place and seeing it for real. Maybe actually making a difference. Just better to have a little protest than back to the cafe for latte's by the afternoon. Makes them feel like they actually did something.
    While you belittle their efforts, they are important in that they bring attention to the matter.

I was never in the Iraq or Vietnam wars, but I feel my protest did its part in ending them.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Phantasmal For This Post:

moon (03-30-2017)

5. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

You would be quite wrong on that. While we are on that subject line though, how many times have you actually been to Palestine or Israel?
    What difference does that make exactly? Why does one need to go there? Personal experience though beneficial is not the only way to become informed on a subject.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Phantasmal For This Post:

moon (03-30-2017)

7. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Power density and efficiency. Until alternative energies ( and they will someday) can produce the amount of power for a given area that matches fossil fuels, solar, wind etc will take a back seat. They cannot provide by themselves
    the amount of power that consumers demand (as of yet) nor can they do it 24 hours a day. Alternatives are improving everyday but they have a long way to go.
    He just spouts BDS propaganda day after day.
    I can see this is over your head. I ask you again, politely, have you ever been to Palestine? Israel? Actually seen what is going on up close or even bothered to do anything other than yap about it on a political board? If you would like to engage in a rational discussion about any of this, I would like to know that I am discussing it with someone on equal footing, not just hearsay and hype.

Sent from Lenovo K6 Note

8. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Queen Snowflake View Post
    What difference does that make exactly? Why does one need to go there? Personal experience though beneficial is not the only way to become informed on a subject.
    When someone has a rabid view on anything (not just this) that rabid view better be based on actual experience. You are correct as usual with this statement "Personal experience though beneficial is not the only way to become informed on a subject", the key word there being informed. Once someone takes a hateful turn towards something that they never experienced or saw upfront, they tend to only find information that agrees with their perspective on an issue. That is why I am asking Moon if he has actually been there and if his/her observations are based on experience. It does not sound like it to me.

9. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I been to Vietnam and know from my daughter in law's family at first hand how bad the Communists treated people in the South. But why should you go anywhere and find out for yourself, stay in your 'Merican bubble, knit baby clothes and bake cookies. Maybe Bud should've by himself, I am sure he would want to go. Many former GIs have already made that journey!

Sent from Lenovo K6 Note

10. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

When someone has a rabid view on anything (not just this) that rabid view better be based on actual experience. You are correct as usual with this statement "Personal experience though beneficial is not the only way to become informed on a subject", the key word there being informed. Once someone takes a hateful turn towards something that they never experienced or saw upfront, they tend to only find information that agrees with their perspective on an issue. That is why I am asking Moon if he has actually been there and if his/her observations are based on experience. It does not sound like it to me.
    He hasn't and you won't get anything out of the bugger either.

Sent from Lenovo K6 Note

11. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

While you belittle their efforts, they are important in that they bring attention to the matter.

I was never in the Iraq or Vietnam wars, but I feel my protest did its part in ending them.
    Not belittling. At all. The attention they are bringing is meaningless. Nothing other than a feel good moment. Let me clarify. If they did this in front of the Knesset in Israel or HAMAS in Palestine....they might notice. Doing it here means diddly squat. When you protested against Iraq and Vietnam guess who listened? The government you were trying to get to listen did, because you are a citizen. If you were from say....Tibet, do you think your protest would matter? Hell no.

12. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Milagro View Post
    He hasn't and you won't get anything out of the bugger either.

Sent from Lenovo K6 Note
    It is too bad when people get focused on one side of an issue without seeing the whole picture. Things never get resolved that way.

13. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Not belittling. At all. The attention they are bringing is meaningless. Nothing other than a feel good moment. Let me clarify. If they did this in front of the Knesset in Israel or HAMAS in Palestine....they might notice. Doing it here means diddly squat. When you protested against Iraq and Vietnam guess who listened? The government you were trying to get to listen did, because you are a citizen. If you were from say....Tibet, do you think your protest would matter? Hell no.
    It is just virtue signalling, makes people like Moonbat and Rana feel better.

Sent from Lenovo K6 Note

14. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,432 Times in 12,044 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,699 Times in 1,647 Posts
    Blog Entries

But you're not.

But how can there be anyone left to blockade, since you say Israel is practicing genocide?
    SEDITION: incitement of resistance to or insurrection against lawful authority.

15. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,432 Times in 12,044 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,699 Times in 1,647 Posts
    Blog Entries

Does this hold true then, regarding all the proclamations that men should have no say over what a woman does with her body; ie. abortion?
    Seeing as how just being informed on a subject, is enough.
    SEDITION: incitement of resistance to or insurrection against lawful authority.

16. #29 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

There protest could have an effect on our government, who in turn could have an effect on our policies concerning Israel/Palestine. Protest is never useless in my opinion.

17. #30 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

It is too bad when people get focused on one side of an issue without seeing the whole picture. Things never get resolved that way.
    It is what has happened here in the USA, we only receive news which is favorable to Israel. People do not know the atrocities the Palestinians have suffered. I have informed myself on both sides of the issue and share many of Moon's opinions on the issues. I do not consider myself rabid.