Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: "GOP cave on Obamacare repeal is the biggest broken promise in political history"

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,477 Times in 22,782 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,245 Times in 2,985 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    "Republicans ran on repealing and replacing Obamacare for seven years, over the course of four election cycles"

"In 2010, they campaigned on repeal, but by 2011, they said they needed the Senate. In 2014, they won the Senate, but by 2015 they said as long as Obama was in office, nothing would become law. In 2016, they told conservative voters, even reluctant ones, that if they voted for Trump despite any reservations, they'd finally be able to repeal Obamacare. In November, voters gave them unified control of Washington. And yet after just two months on the job, they have thrown in the towel and said they're willing to abandon seven years of promises"

"Here's the bottom line: Republicans didn't want to repeal Obamacare that badly. Obamacare was a useful tool for them. For years, they could use it to score short-term messaging victories"

"Failing and then walking away on seven years of promises is a pathetic abdication of duty"

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/go...rticle/2618413

And that is a conservative source, not the "MSM"
    Oh, it's a "conservative" source therefore you liberals gulp that crap down right?

This was hardly a "cave." What it was is an attempt to not supplant one "Obamanation" (sounds like abomination) with another.

There was no vote; there will be one in the future once the bill has been worked on. I bet idiots like you still think liberals are winning don't you? Dunce.
    "When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

A lie doesn't become the truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it is accepted by a majority.
    Author: Booker T. Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Unless you just can't stand the idea of "ni**ers" teaching white kids.

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    Address the topic, not other posters.

2. The Following User Groans At Truth Detector For This Awful Post:

Nomad (03-30-2017)

3. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Chlorate View Post
    It ended, and the draft was stopped under his watch. If he hadn't gone and gotten run out of office, he would have overseen the final end to the war. I don't know what people were expecting. Immediate surrender?
    ^True story...except the draft still exists and it is mandatory to apply for it when you turn 18 in this country. Do you think it should only be boys and not both sexes? I say both sexes.
    "When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

A lie doesn't become the truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it is accepted by a majority.

4. The Following User Groans At Truth Detector For This Awful Post:

Nomad (03-30-2017)

5. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    Nope, no comparison between LBJ and Tricky Dick.

Tricky Dick was a criminal thug with very few redeeming qualities.

LBJ was responsible for improving the lives of tens of millions of Americans over the last half century, because of Medicare, Medicaid, Civil Rights Act, Voting Rights Act, and a plethora of public services and laws we take for granted these day, and we even forget they came from LBJ.

The accomplishments Tricky Dick had, absolutely pale in comparison to the improvements to America LBJ was responsible for. If it had not been for Vietnam, LBJ would be considered one of our top five presidents ever.

No comparison between the pure, criminal evil of Tricky Dick, and the flawed but transformational LBJ.
    ^Another massive pile of ignorant bile. You're quite full of it. No wonder you are a gullible Kool-Aid swilling dullard for the Party of the Jackass.

LBJ was a corrupt criminal on steroids. He lied us into a massive war in Vietnam. In addition, without Republicans, the Civil Rights Act would have never passed. It was the Party of the Jackass that obstructed it's passage. LBJ was a corrupt political animal whose only reason for passing it was trying to get votes.

Richard Nixon's biggest mistake was thinking that by doing what Liberals wanted, he would be liked by them. He was wrong....and anyone who thinks that they can work with the Party of the Jackass instead of destroy it's fascist leftist agenda is an idiot.

6. The Following User Groans At Truth Detector For This Awful Post:

Nomad (03-30-2017)

7. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 80 Times in 78 Posts

"Republicans ran on repealing and replacing Obamacare for seven years, over the course of four election cycles"

"In 2010, they campaigned on repeal, but by 2011, they said they needed the Senate. In 2014, they won the Senate, but by 2015 they said as long as Obama was in office, nothing would become law. In 2016, they told conservative voters, even reluctant ones, that if they voted for Trump despite any reservations, they'd finally be able to repeal Obamacare. In November, voters gave them unified control of Washington. And yet after just two months on the job, they have thrown in the towel and said they're willing to abandon seven years of promises"

"Here's the bottom line: Republicans didn't want to repeal Obamacare that badly. Obamacare was a useful tool for them. For years, they could use it to score short-term messaging victories"

"Failing and then walking away on seven years of promises is a pathetic abdication of duty"

And can those using Obamacare keep their doctor?????????????????????????

That dude is the biggest broken promise ever

8. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,879 Times in 21,648 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,675 Times in 5,179 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TheDonald View Post

They can if they chose to private pay, and they can if their Insurance Company keeps the Doctor under Contract, they can if the Doctor continues practicing, they can if the Doctor does not die,... so in fact, the Government did nothing to prevent them from keeping their doctor. Nothing President Obama had control over prevents them from keeping their doctor.

18 U.S. Code § 2071 - Concealment, removal, or mutilation generally
    44 U.S.C. 2202 - The United States shall reserve and retain complete ownership, possession, and control of Presidential records; and such records shall be administered in accordance with the provisions of this chapter.

LOCK HIM UP!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Jarod For This Post:

ZappasGuitar (03-27-2017)

10. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 17 Times in 17 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheDonald View Post

That promise was never broken, as Jarod just explained...
    "I will repeal Obamacare on day one, it will be easy"....
    Now there is a broken promise by an asshole clown who knows nothing about governance...
    LMFAO
    USFREEDOM911 Expresses one of his homosexual prison rape fantasies;
    Quote Originally Posted by USFREEDOM911 View Post
    he may be getting several boners, they just won't be his.
    "You got shot in the balls and you're still walking!! Then this probably won't hurt you at all (as he unzips his pants)."

Quote Originally Posted by USFREEDOM911 View Post
    I would kill someone who didn't pay me, after I give them a blowjob.
    Does that make me insane?

11. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 19 Times in 19 Posts

I think that Thomas Massie and the freedom caucus, along with Rand Paul, Mike Lee, Ted Cruz, and all other conservatives and republicans that voted against this bill stood not only on solid principle but also made it clear to president Trump and leadership that not everybody on the right will simply just go along with bad plans and they also won't be bullied into defying their principles and the constitution by people like Steve Bannon or given false blame for things like funding planned parenthood.I hope they continue to fight for a repeal and hold the president to it. It's worth the fight in my opinion.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Norah For This Post:

Truth Detector (03-30-2017), ZappasGuitar (03-27-2017)

13. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,386 Times in 14,102 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jarod View Post
    They can if they chose to private pay, and they can if their Insurance Company keeps the Doctor under Contract, they can if the Doctor continues practicing, they can if the Doctor does not die,... so in fact, the Government did nothing to prevent them from keeping their doctor. Nothing President Obama had control over prevents them from keeping their doctor.
    you're complaining about lying and here you are lying. Obama's team knew the phrase was a lie when he was saying it yet he continued to do so.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cawacko For This Post:

PostmodernProphet (03-27-2017), Truth Detector (03-30-2017)

15. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Norah View Post
    I think that Thomas Massie and the freedom caucus, along with Rand Paul, Mike Lee, Ted Cruz, and all other conservatives and republicans that voted against this bill stood not only on solid principle but also made it clear to president Trump and leadership that not everybody on the right will simply just go along with bad plans and they also won't be bullied into defying their principles and the constitution by people like Steve Bannon or given false blame for things like funding planned parenthood.I hope they continue to fight for a repeal and hold the president to it. It's worth the fight in my opinion.
    There does reach a point where perfect is the enemy of good and no one can get anything done without some give and take (short of having complete control such as when Obamacare was passed).

16. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Norah View Post
    The result is that on many issues, a majority cannot be found in party politics, but we might go forward in a more parliamentary European way, where coalitions will form of majorities regardless of party affiliation. The way our legislative process was intended to work. Imagine healthcare proposed by a middle group, a coalition representing a majority of Congressmen regardless of party. The party apparatus's would cease to be meaningful. More direct Democracy than America has seen in over 100 years.

Different coalitions on different issues. A system where you wont need a majority of either party, but a majority of the legislative body.

44 U.S.C. 2202 - The United States shall reserve and retain complete ownership, possession, and control of Presidential records; and such records shall be administered in accordance with the provisions of this chapter.

LOCK HIM UP!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Jarod For This Post:

ZappasGuitar (03-27-2017)

18. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    you're complaining about lying and here you are lying. Obama's team knew the phrase was a lie when he was saying it yet he continued to do so.
    How so? How was it a lie? It was an over-broad promise, but it was not a lie. The Government did nothing to prevent you from choosing your doctor.

If I promise my tenant that they can continue renting my house for the next 5 years, but then its destroyed by a hurricane, was I lying to her?

LOCK HIM UP!

19. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 19 Times in 19 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    There does reach a point where perfect is the enemy of good and no one can get anything done without some give and take (short of having complete control such as when Obamacare was passed).
    but in my opinion and the opinion of a lot of conservatives was that this bill wasn't even good let alone perfect. And the fact that Steve Bannon gave ultimatums to the freedom caucus says a lot of about the administrations desire to give and take in my opinion.

20. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Jarod View Post
    How so? How was it a lie? It was an over-broad promise, but it was not a lie. The Government did nothing to prevent you from choosing your doctor.

If I promise my tenant that they can continue renting my house for the next 5 years, but then its destroyed by a hurricane, was I lying to her?
    So Polifact was wrong when they called it the lie of the year?

Feel free to read this Steven Brill book which details everything that went down to get the law passed and discusses how the Obama team knew it was a lie.

https://www.amazon.com/Americas-Bitt.../dp/0812986687

21. The Following User Says Thank You to cawacko For This Post:

Truth Detector (03-30-2017)

22. #29 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,676 Times in 14,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,136 Times in 1,080 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    come to think of it, up to this year, has a president ever filled a campaign promise?......
    The mystique of James K. Polk is that he came into office with four objectives and accomplished them all. The only thing that was technically not delivered upon was the exact coordinates of the US-Canada border, which he famously promised to fight for in his "54-40 or Fight" campaign slogan. We settled on the 49th parallel, and there was no war as a result of that lower latitude.

23. #30 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,883 Times in 2,239 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 124 Times in 120 Posts

Take away 64 (days in office) from 2920 (number of days in 8 years) and you get over 2850 days left to RESCIND Obama Care.....but, if its LEFT ALONE and nothing is done...Obama care will collapse beneath its own weight in less than 1000 days, 12 out of the 23 co-ops have already failed costing the tax payers over 1 billion in defaulted loan payments. The largest provider under Obama Care (UnitedHealthCare) has already announced that its pulling out....as the CEO says, "We can't sustain these loses. We can't sustain a market that can't sustain itself."

But its not only the companies that are losing money, The people are now paying double the premiums before the Government stepped in to LOWER their costs. The only one's not bitching are those who qualified for insurance under medicad before ObamaCare even existed....as they have never paid anything. In the meanwhile the Hospitals that do accept ObamaCare have been forced to reduce their services offered under the (wink, wink) affordable health care act by 40%. Meaning? People are paying double and getting almost less than half of the service they received before.

Conclusion: This festering puss filled boil on the Ass of the American People will rupture on its own or it will have to be lanced. Time is on the side of the GOP. If the democrats don't get on board in working out a plan.....do you think the GOP well sit by and allow this boondoggle to continue when they have the power to simply RESCIND the entire thing without one vote from the Democrat side of the isle? If you believe that...are you interested in some ocean front property near OK city?

Why do you assume those members of the GOP refused to vote for the new law? They believe in Obama Care? Hardly....the plan was rejected because it resembles Obama Care and wastes to much of the tax payers money. Would they refuse to vote for an act that simply and totally rescinded Obama Care? Keep Dreaming.....Obama Care is going down in flames. The democrats should have helped this last bill pass and they could have saved just a little face. As Obama Care will never be reconstituted if totally rescinded because it was a demonstrable failure.

Reality? The democrats are further away from implementing a SINGLE PAYER plan than they have ever been...thanks to the leadership or lack thereof in DC right now. If they win every election over the next 50 years...single payer insurance will never exist in this nation.

If they had voted for this last bill....all it would have taken is few tweaks and bingo...single payer coverage. But once it collapses or is totally rescinded that's a comma that single payer healthcare will never come out of....just pull the plug because its brain dead.

What have the American People just witnessed? A democrat victory? A Trump loss? Nope, The People have just witnessed once again...the democrats attempt to prove they know how to use a shovel...BY BURYING THEMSELVES ALIVE.
    Last edited by Ralph; 03-27-2017 at 09:49 AM.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Ralph For This Post:

Truth Detector (03-30-2017)