Thanks
    Thanked 27,336 Times in 22,665 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,239 Times in 2,979 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Buckly J. Ewer View Post
    OBAMACARE IS BULLETPROOF ...
    ALL THAT CAN REPLACE IT IS SINGLE PAYER...[/CENTER]
    Irony from the leftist twit who claimed Hillary would win in a landslide, stupidly predicted a December surprise and now doubles down on his insanity by thinking that Trump will be removed from office due to the wild eyed, emotional hysterics of a FAKE media devoted to....wait for it....diminishing the Presidency.....something they hypocritically lampooned when they thought Hillary would win.

Let's face it; you leftists are too stupid for words and are incapable of comprehending the OBVIOUS.
    "When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

A lie doesn't become the truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it is accepted by a majority.
    Author: Booker T. Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Unless you just can't stand the idea of "ni**ers" teaching white kids.

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    Address the topic, not other posters.

2. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    Nobody actually remembers what the GDP growth rate was under Teddy Roosevelt, Calvin Coolidge, FDR, Lincoln, or Eisenhower.

Obama is going to be remembered for saving the nation from the Second Great Republican Depression, advancing the cause of universal health care and civil rights, saving the American auto industry, being very prescient on the foolish invasion of Iraq, and generally fixing the utter clusterfuck left to him by his predecessors, George Dumbya and Dick Cheney.

Reasons for which he is already being ranked 12th best by historians in this scholarly survey.
    Another massive pile of leftist bile; you Liberals are quite FULL of it.
    "When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

A lie doesn't become the truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it is accepted by a majority.

3. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,362 Times in 14,089 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mott the Hoople View Post
    LOL LOL LOL LOL Spoken like a true chamber of commerce free market fundamentalist. Has it occurred to you that his economic record will be he prevented the Bush recession from becoming another Great Depression and that the recovery would have been far more robust if not for obstructionist in the opposing party who would rather have brought this nation down in flames than see a niger succeed?

The reality is, whether you like it or not, is Obamas legacy will largely be for three things. Digging this nation out of the huge shithole the previous administration dug us into, beginning the modernization of our backward and wasteful health care management system and for bringing the criminal responsible for the 911 terrorist attack to justice (something his predecessor deemed unimportant.).

If history blames anyone for weak economic growth during that period it will be an obstructionist GOP congress that accomplished exactly nothing during that time and prevented measures that would have improved economic growth from being implemented.
    Mott, you laugh because you are a Keynesian who thinks the gov't can essentially do no harm to the economy when enacting legislation. This if we only had more stimulus the econony would have been better.

4. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,001 Times in 13,040 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,147 Times in 1,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    You're making this a personal partisan thing. (For instance did you vote for Hillary Clinton? She voted for the Iraq War. So how could you nominate and support such a person?)

I assume historians who we turn to too rank our Presidents attempt to take a dispassionate look when judging and coming up with their rankings and not just selecting their partisan favorites.

If someone is transformational it should be pretty easy to list why right?
    I voted against her in the primary but voted for he, and violated a vow, as I'll be damned I'd vote for Trump and his slimy low ball racist rhetoric.

As for Obama being transformational he was in that his election transformed our political process so that a racial minority can achieve high office. So he was certainly transformational in regards to our political process. In terms of governance and attempting to bridge our partisan divide and to lessen the influence of interest he failed to be transformational.
    You're Never Alone With A Schizophrenic!

5. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,628 Times in 21,489 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,633 Times in 5,141 Posts
    Blog Entries

You shouldn't be. If experience has taught me anything it is that it's not wise to be smug about anything having to do with politics.
    I agree with that, but I do, cant help it.

18 U.S. Code § 2071 - Concealment, removal, or mutilation generally
    44 U.S.C. 2202 - The United States shall reserve and retain complete ownership, possession, and control of Presidential records; and such records shall be administered in accordance with the provisions of this chapter.

LOCK HIM UP!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Jarod For This Post:

Mott the Hoople (03-26-2017)

7. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I voted against her in the primary but voted for he, and violated a vow, as I'll be damned I'd vote for Trump and his slimy low ball racist rhetoric.
    LMAO; so in other words you are a lying hypocrite. Bravo!

As for Obama being transformational he was in that his election transformed our political process so that a racial minority can achieve high office.
    Wrong again; his Presidency defined the failure of someone so woefully prepared to manage anything beyond a small local community organizer.

His arrogant, smug partisan methods caused the Democrats to LOSE the house in 2010, LOSE the Senate in 2014 and hand the Presidency to Trump and the republicans in 2016. Only BillyBob Clinton was capable of doing the same....and leftists admire these idiots.

So he was certainly transformational in regards to our political process.
    Wrong; he transformed nothing but did succeed in being the most divisive Presidency in modern history.

In terms of governance and attempting to bridge our partisan divide and to lessen the influence of interest he failed to be transformational.
    Wrong; he exacerbated it to the point that it is now. The FAKE media is doing everything it can to drive that wedge further into the American psych.

This will lead to further losses for the party of the Jackass.

8. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jarod View Post
    I agree with that, but I do, cant help it.
    That's because you are

9. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,291 Times in 27,097 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,975 Times in 2,692 Posts

You're making this a personal partisan thing. (For instance did you vote for Hillary Clinton? She voted for the Iraq War. So how could you nominate and support such a person?)

I assume historians who we turn to too rank our Presidents attempt to take a dispassionate look when judging and coming up with their rankings and not just selecting their partisan favorites.

If someone is transformational it should be pretty easy to list why right?
    So here we go with the old "Democrats are just as bad if not worse than Republicans" meme.

Do you admit you were wrong, and Jarod, Evince, USCitizen, and I were right about the wisdom of invading Iraq? Just wondering what you think since you have had over a decade to think about the wisdom of your support for that invastion.

My conscience in clear, Cawacko. I voted for Bernie Sanders in the primary. And when my realistic voting choices came down to two people, both of whom initially supported that foolish invasion, I voted for the one that at least admitted years ago that her vote was a mistake. What was my other option, vote for a guy who actually lied about being against the war, while at the same time bellowing that we should have stolen the oil?

Cawacko, you anger is directed at the wrong person. It doesn't matter what I think of Obama, I know my opinion means nothing to you. I have posted tangible, reliable testimony of historical experts who rank Obama 12 best president ever. And you cannot claim these are biased Democratic historians, and they give prominent Republican presidents high marks.

I already gave you my personal reasons for why Obama was transformational. I'm not going to repeat myself. Ask any gay people you know how Obama has generally been on civil rights.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Cypress For This Post:

Mott the Hoople (03-26-2017)

11. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Mott, you laugh because you are a Keynesian who thinks the gov't can essentially do no harm to the economy when enacting legislation. This if we only had more stimulus the econony would have been better.
    No Wacko. I'm a Keynesian/monetarist who believes there is a time and a place for public investment. I'm laughing cause history will blame an obstructionist congress for the weak recovery after the Bush recession as it is well known and time tested solutions to that problem that the GOP lead congress opposed every step of the way. This isn't arcane fed policy shit.

The fact is Obama is a moderate on fiscal policy who used proven methods to fix problems caused by free market fundamentalist supply siders.

Obamas major failure there was he didn't put enough of the Wall Street bankers who defrauded the American public in prison for their crimes. Now that would have been transformational.

12. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

So here we go with the old "Democrats are just as bad if not worse than Republicans" meme.

Do you admit you were wrong, and Jarod, Evince, USCitizen, and I were right about the wisdom of invading Iraq? Just wondering what you think since you have had over a decade to think about the wisdom of your support for that invastion.

My conscience in clear, Cawacko. I voted for Bernie Sanders in the primary. And when my realistic voting choices came down to two people, both of whom initially supported that foolish invasion, I voted for the one that at least admitted years ago that her vote was a mistake. What was my other option, vote for a guy who actually lied about being against the war, while at the same time bellowing that we should have stolen the oil?

Cawacko, you anger is directed at the wrong person. It doesn't matter what I think of Obama, I know my opinion means nothing to you. I have posted tangible, reliable testimony of historical experts who rank Obama 12 best president ever. And you cannot claim these are biased Democratic historians, and they give prominent Republican presidents high marks.

I already gave you my personal reasons for why Obama was transformational. I'm not going to repeat myself. Ask any gay people you know how Obama has generally been on civil rights.
    Hey you forgot me. I was one of the very first to oppose the immoral war in Iraq.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Mott the Hoople For This Post:

Cypress (03-26-2017)

14. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I understand tone can be difficult on a board like this but I have no anger. Yes I am a political junkie but my day to day existence and happiness isn't based upon who is in the White House. And your giving the same answer everyone else does. To a democrat the democrat is the lessor or two evils. To a republican the republican is. (Anatta is probably the only person on this board who voted for both Obama and Trump).

Obama ran in 2008 against gay marriage. Hillary supported stronger anti marriage bills via her husband. So they were "progressive" after it was politically safe for them to be.

15. #42 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Hey you forgot me. I was one of the very first to oppose the immoral war in Iraq.
    Indeed you were, and you should wear it as a badge of honor the rest of your life!

16. #43 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I understand tone can be difficult on a board like this but I have no anger. Yes I am a political junkie but my day to day existence and happiness isn't based upon who is in the White House. And your giving the same answer everyone else does. To a democrat the democrat is the lessor or two evils. To a republican the republican is. (Anatta is probably the only person on this board who voted for both Obama and Trump).

Obama ran in 2008 against gay marriage. Hillary supported stronger anti marriage bills via her husband. So they were "progressive" after it was politically safe for them to be.
    Fair enough.
    sidebar: You know, I might be the only person on this board who cast a vote for both Ronnie Raygun, and for Barack Obama. I'd like to think that gives me credibility for free thinking, and changing my mind based on facts and evidence.

I'd like to tell myself that. More likely, I probably became a lefty for the sex, drugs, and rock and roll! (j/k)

17. #44 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

No Wacko. I'm a Keynesian/monetarist who believes there is a time and a place for public investment. I'm laughing cause history will blame an obstructionist congress for the weak recovery after the Bush recession as it is well known and time tested solutions to that problem that the GOP lead congress opposed every step of the way. This isn't arcane fed policy shit.

The fact is Obama is a moderate on fiscal policy who used proven methods to fix problems caused by free market fundamentalist supply siders.

Obamas major failure there was he didn't put enough of the Wall Street bankers who defrauded the American public in prison for their crimes. Now that would have been transformational.
    I didn't even start on the Fed. He passed three major pieces of legislation, the stimulus, health care and Dodd Frank. The stimulus didn't reach its proposed goals, Dodd Frank hurt small banks and thus small businesses and healthcare hampered the econony as well. What he passed hurt the econony. Saying congress prevented from passing more similar legislation ion was a bad thing doesn't hold so much weight

18. #45 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Fair enough.
    sidebar: You know, I might be the only person on this board who cast a vote for both Ronnie Raygun, and for Barack Obama. I'd like to think that gives me credibility for free thinking, and changing my mind based on facts and evidence.

I'd like to tell myself that. More likely, I probably became a lefty for the sex, drugs, and rock and roll! (j/k)
    Actually Mott be in the same club as you if I'm not mistaken. This random but I know both my parents have voted for democrats, republicans and third party candidates for President. On a small board like this we tend to get more hard core partisans but in the real world there are a lot who aren't. Hell i'm a life long Repubkican and you couldn't have paid me to vote for Trump and I didn't. I voted for Gary Johnson. Now Johnson has his own issues but the lessor of two (very bad) evils wasn't enough for me this time.