Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Obama

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 17 Times in 17 Posts

OBAMACARE IS BULLETPROOF ...
    ALL THAT CAN REPLACE IT IS SINGLE PAYER...
    USFREEDOM911 Expresses one of his homosexual prison rape fantasies;
    Quote Originally Posted by USFREEDOM911 View Post
    he may be getting several boners, they just won't be his.
    "You got shot in the balls and you're still walking!! Then this probably won't hurt you at all (as he unzips his pants)."

Quote Originally Posted by USFREEDOM911 View Post
    I would kill someone who didn't pay me, after I give them a blowjob.
    Does that make me insane?

2. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,683 Times in 27,327 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,977 Times in 2,694 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    We didn't have one year of greater than 3% economic growth during his eight years. There is zero chance he ends up in the top ten with that record.
    Nobody actually remembers what the GDP growth rate was under Teddy Roosevelt, Calvin Coolidge, FDR, Lincoln, or Eisenhower.

Obama is going to be remembered for saving the nation from the Second Great Republican Depression, advancing the cause of universal health care and civil rights, saving the American auto industry, being very prescient on the foolish invasion of Iraq, and generally fixing the utter clusterfuck left to him by his predecessors, George Dumbya and Dick Cheney.

Reasons for which he is already being ranked 12th best by historians in this scholarly survey.

3. The Following User Groans At Cypress For This Awful Post:

Truth Detector (03-26-2017)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Cypress For This Post:

Mott the Hoople (03-26-2017)

5. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,001 Times in 13,040 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,147 Times in 1,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jarod View Post
    I certainly miss President Obama thesedays. I bet he's feeling pretty smug right now about Obamacare not being repealed. I am.
    You shouldn't be. If experience has taught me anything it is that it's not wise to be smug about anything having to do with politics.
    You're Never Alone With A Schizophrenic!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Mott the Hoople For This Post:

cawacko (03-26-2017)

7. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,386 Times in 14,102 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    Nobody actually remembers what the GDP growth rate was under Teddy Roosevelt, Calvin Coolidge, FDR, Lincoln, or Eisenhower.

Obama is going to be remembered for saving the nation from the Second Great Republican Depression, advancing the cause of universal health care and civil rights, saving the American auto industry, being very prescient on the foolish invasion of Iraq, and generally fixing the utter clusterfuck left to him by his predecessors, George Dumbya and Dick Cheney.

Reasons for which he is already being ranked 12th best by historians in this scholarly survey.
    There's a reason historians, people who study history, wait years if not decades to fully judge a Presidency because the full effects of the administrations decisions can't be known the day after they leave office.

President Obama gets credit for being the first black President. We have a long history of racial trouble in our country so this is a major accomplishment. He is also a very eloquent and at times inspiring (and when he wants to be inclusive) speaker.

You are correct that people don't say President A has 2.6% growth, President B had 3.1% etc. We don't remember those exact numbers. But we do know what happened overall. We have to go back to the 1920's to find a President who didn't have at least one year of 3% economic growth during their term. Obama was in office for eight years.

As to your other claims, he didn't save the auto industry. He should have allowed the auto industry firms to file for BK as firms in other industries do. There's a reason our auto manufacturers were performing as they were and BK is set up to allow them to reorganize and attempt to compete again.

If Obamacare leads to single payer then yes he will definitely get credit for the major move in that direction. As far as advancing civil rights did you have something particular in mind?

As far as being a transformative President I'm not exactly sure what you had in mind other than he broke a major glass ceiling in this country and hopefully gave inspiration to millions of kids that they too can have and reach that dream.

His foreign policy was full of disasters highlighted with Libya and Syria. If you want an appeal to authority I'd be glad to post the work of Middle East and foreign policy scholars who state this.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to cawacko For This Post:

Truth Detector (03-26-2017)

9. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Obama does stand in stark contrast to the Orange Clown.

Do be honest, I was a little annoyed by some of those on the left who seemed to spend the first six years of Obama's administration stating how "very disappointed" they were in Obama. Annoyed in the same way I was annoyed with Nader-voting lefties who claimed Al Gore was no better than George Dumbya Bush.

Obama was a transformational president in many ways, and mostly for the better. There are indeed few presidents who can lay claim to have been truly transformational. Obama is already being recognized for that, and as the years go by he might even crack the "top ten" list of best presidents.
    I think you have to be careful ranking Presidents as it often reflects your own values and maybe not reality.

To a libertarians values Calvin Cooledge lassiez faire policies created unprecedented prosperity in the 1920's. To others they were a significant contributing factor to our nations worst economic catastrophe. Both are right.

Also there's a bit of a fallacy in applying this sort statistical ranking to those who have held a specific public office.

Certainly there have been Presidents who have extraordinary leaders. Washington, Lincoln, FDR. Then some who were exceptionally bad, Pierce, Buchanan and Nixon.

The overwhelming majority of our Presidents have served our nation well. They have respected the office and institutions of government as greater than themselves and have largely provided sound governance under which for most of our history we have prospered.

Was Obama transformational? I don't know. I think time will sort that out. He is certainly historical and has had significant and substantial accomplishments. He's also had failures and policies that I disagree with or frustrated me.

I see to much evidence that he hasn't been transformational. He did little to stop our steady progress towards oligarchy. Our government is still disproportionately influenced by interests at the expense of the voting public and if his election showed how far we came as a nation on the issue of race he also showed how far we still have to go as his election deeply polarized nearly a quarter of our population who were deeply angered and resentful that a niger was elected President.

Personally I think Obama was an important and historically significant President but top ten? Time will tell and the influence of his policies and the laws he signed will determine that.

10. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,683 Times in 27,327 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,977 Times in 2,694 Posts

There's a reason historians, people who study history, wait years if not decades to fully judge a Presidency because the full effects of the administrations decisions can't be known the day after they leave office.

President Obama gets credit for being the first black President. We have a long history of racial trouble in our country so this is a major accomplishment. He is also a very eloquent and at times inspiring (and when he wants to be inclusive) speaker.

You are correct that people don't say President A has 2.6% growth, President B had 3.1% etc. We don't remember those exact numbers. But we do know what happened overall. We have to go back to the 1920's to find a President who didn't have at least one year of 3% economic growth during their term. Obama was in office for eight years.

As to your other claims, he didn't save the auto industry. He should have allowed the auto industry firms to file for BK as firms in other industries do. There's a reason our auto manufacturers were performing as they were and BK is set up to allow them to reorganize and attempt to compete again.

If Obamacare leads to single payer then yes he will definitely get credit for the major move in that direction. As far as advancing civil rights did you have something particular in mind?

As far as being a transformative President I'm not exactly sure what you had in mind other than he broke a major glass ceiling in this country and hopefully gave inspiration to millions of kids that they too can have and reach that dream.

His foreign policy was full of disasters highlighted with Libya and Syria. If you want an appeal to authority I'd be glad to post the work of Middle East and foreign policy scholars who state this.
    You are entitled to your opinion.

I don't think anyone who voted for Dumbya and supported the catastrophic Iraq War Disaster is allowed to say Obama's foreign policy was a disaster.

Future historians place little weight on localized regional geopolitical conflicts. The Phillippine Insurrection carries almost no weight on the overall historical consensus of Teddy Roosevelts presidency. He is still considered a top five president. A Word War 2 and Civil War? Yes, great weight applies in presidential historical contexts.

For partisan reasons it could be entirely understandable why Bush voters don't want Obama's legacy ranked highly, because it would then reflect on the voting judgement of Bush voters themselves.

You could make lists all day long about Obama's achievements and mistakes. The bottom line is that I think there is a high probability history will easily rank him a transformational president, easily making the top third, or even a top ten spot.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Cypress For This Post:

Mott the Hoople (03-26-2017)

12. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,676 Times in 14,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,136 Times in 1,080 Posts

Well, for one thing, they calculated GNP back then. It wasn't until the clear movement toward economic globalization that economists shifted toward GDP.

13. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

We didn't have one year of greater than 3% economic growth during his eight years. There is zero chance he ends up in the top ten with that record.
    LOL LOL LOL LOL Spoken like a true chamber of commerce free market fundamentalist. Has it occurred to you that his economic record will be he prevented the Bush recession from becoming another Great Depression and that the recovery would have been far more robust if not for obstructionist in the opposing party who would rather have brought this nation down in flames than see a niger succeed?

The reality is, whether you like it or not, is Obamas legacy will largely be for three things. Digging this nation out of the huge shithole the previous administration dug us into, beginning the modernization of our backward and wasteful health care management system and for bringing the criminal responsible for the 911 terrorist attack to justice (something his predecessor deemed unimportant.).

If history blames anyone for weak economic growth during that period it will be an obstructionist GOP congress that accomplished exactly nothing during that time and prevented measures that would have improved economic growth from being implemented.

14. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,386 Times in 14,102 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

I don't think anyone who voted for Dumbya and supported the catastrophic Iraq War Disaster is allowed to say Obama's foreign policy was a disaster.

Future historians place little weight on localized regional geopolitical conflicts. The Phillippine Insurrection carries almost no weight on the overall historical consensus of Teddy Roosevelts presidency. He is still considered a top five president. A Word War 2 and Civil War? Yes, great weight applies in presidential historical contexts.

For partisan reasons it could be entirely understandable why Bush voters don't want Obama's legacy ranked highly, because it would then reflect on the voting judgement of Bush voters themselves.

You could make lists all day long about Obama's achievements and mistakes. The bottom line is that I think there is a high probability history will easily rank him a transformational president, easily making the top third, or even a top ten spot.
    You're making this a personal partisan thing. (For instance did you vote for Hillary Clinton? She voted for the Iraq War. So how could you nominate and support such a person?)

I assume historians who we turn to too rank our Presidents attempt to take a dispassionate look when judging and coming up with their rankings and not just selecting their partisan favorites.

If someone is transformational it should be pretty easy to list why right?

15. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,477 Times in 22,782 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,245 Times in 2,985 Posts
    Blog Entries

I certainly miss President Obama thesedays. I bet he's feeling pretty smug right now about Obamacare not being repealed. I am.
    Translation:

I bet he's feeling pretty smug right now about Obamacare not being repealed. I am.
    Obama was known for his smug and narcissistic attitude. But only a complete idiot thinks the Party of the Jackass has won on Obamacare.

But again, idiots like you and Obama think that they are still winning.
    "When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

A lie doesn't become the truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it is accepted by a majority.
    Author: Booker T. Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Unless you just can't stand the idea of "ni**ers" teaching white kids.

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    Address the topic, not other posters.

16. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Obama does stand in stark contrast to the Orange Clown.

Do be honest, I was a little annoyed by some of those on the left who seemed to spend the first six years of Obama's administration stating how "very disappointed" they were in Obama. Annoyed in the same way I was annoyed with Nader-voting lefties who claimed Al Gore was no better than George Dumbya Bush.

Obama was a transformational president in many ways, and mostly for the better. There are indeed few presidents who can lay claim to have been truly transformational. Obama is already being recognized for that, and as the years go by he might even crack the "top ten" list of best presidents.

"When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

A lie doesn't become the truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it is accepted by a majority.

17. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Agreed.

He will also be remembered clone attacks, less transparency in government, retaining the Patriot act and its internal spying on citizens and the significant increase in income inequality that occurred after the Bush recession and his inability to address the problem.

In other words Barry wasn't perfect but he sure was a far cry better than the previous administration which was historically one of the worst in this nations history.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Mott the Hoople For This Post:

Cypress (03-26-2017)

19. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Chlorate View Post
    I wouldn't be smug if my signature program was causing insurance premiums to spike by 30-125% in every state of the union.
    ^Spot on.

There's a few things I will say for Obama. He can speak the English language, and he isn't a douchebag (at least in his public persona).
    DUH: the man was a real genius. Of course, if you think saying "uh" and "me" or "myself" in every other word of as sentence is a sign of intelligence, you go for it!

I consider those the minimum basic requirements to run for/serve as president.
    Well, if there were any truth to this laughable statement, you wouldn't have voted for Obama or Hillary. I am betting that you did. Hypocrite.

His successor couldn't even read a birth certificate, and hasn't fared much better in the literacy department ever since.
    Now you just engage in flat out lies; typical with the whiney hypocritical left. The notion that a successful businessman who has made billions and gone to Warton School of Business can't read is laughably stupid and false.

You liberals love making yourselves look like the pathetic jackasses that represents the party of the Jackass don't you?

20. #29 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ass Man View Post
    I don't miss him at all as he almost succeeded in destroying the middle class. His stench will be felt for decades.
    ^Spot on. But remember, we are seeing these statements from really stupid dolts who vote for dishonest lying assholes from the DNC.

21. #30 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I agree top third. Top ten? Time will tell.