Thread: How Trump Lost On Health Care

1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,294 Times in 8,007 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,132 Times in 1,059 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tom is a bogman View Post
    read my bio in my sig. I am a genius on this stuff, always way ahead of the likes of you. High profile? You continually underestimate the short attention span of the average american.
    :0) You may indeed be a legend in your own mind .. but out here in the really real world .. your vote for a clown says something different.

Your continual need to try to cover up his ignorance is laughable.
    AMERICAN HISTORY ITSELF IS A TESTAMENT TO THE STRENGTH AND RESILIENCE OF AFRICAN PEOPLE. WE, ALONG WITH THE COURGE AND SACRIFICES OF CONSCIOUS WHITE AMERICANS, LIKE VIOLA LIUZZO, EVERETT DIRKSEN, AND MANY OTHERS, HAVE FOUGHT AND DIED TOGETHER FOR OUR FREEDOM, AND FOR OUR SURVIVAL.

In America, rights are are not determined by what is just, fair, equitable, honest, nor by what Jesus would do. Rights are determined ONLY by what you can DEMAND.

2. The Following User Groans At blackascoal For This Awful Post:

Truth Detector (03-27-2017)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to blackascoal For This Post:

Althea (03-27-2017)

4. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,674 Times in 14,047 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,136 Times in 1,080 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Yaya View Post
    Why do you worship Trump so much?

There is no long game here, he failed. He would never do a business deal like this.
    Frankly, I don't know if Douchebag Donald had an ulterior motive for pushing this bill. But, if he gets a form of his bill passed sometime in his 4 or 8 years in office, then it's not really a failure. A failure is something like the rollout of his first travel ban, because that is a failure, independent of anything that happens in the future (the incompetent execution).

5. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,235 Times in 10,345 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,490 Times in 1,337 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Yaya View Post
    Why do you worship Trump so much?

There is no long game here, he failed. He would never do a business deal like this.
    in business you can fire people or walk away. he couldnt do that with ryan. Anyone paying attention can tell this is not the bill trump wanted. Trump wanted to sideline ryan. Please tell me any other way he could have accomplished this.

---

Quote Originally Posted by Mott the Hoople View Post
    Grind is basically right
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    Grind’s got you beat by miles. He is very intelligent.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to BRUTALITOPS For This Post:

7. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by blackascoal View Post
    :0) You may indeed be a legend in your own mind .. but out here in the really real world .. your vote for a clown says something different.

Your continual need to try to cover up his ignorance is laughable.
    didn't vote for him.

I have been correct on a staggering number of these types of issues, you are always wrong and looking like a dope. My track record is far superior to yours.

---

Grind is basically right

8. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,294 Times in 8,007 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,132 Times in 1,059 Posts
    Blog Entries

didn't vote for him.

I have been correct on a staggering number of these types of issues, you are always wrong and looking like a dope. My track record is far superior to yours.
    :0) Bullshit.

Did you say that Trump is a bubbling fool who will greatly increase democratic chances in the midterms and beyond?

I did.

Did you say that Trump Is the best thing that could have happened for the Democratic Party?

I did.

The nonsense you posted about Trump and the 'long game' is hilarious.
    AMERICAN HISTORY ITSELF IS A TESTAMENT TO THE STRENGTH AND RESILIENCE OF AFRICAN PEOPLE. WE, ALONG WITH THE COURGE AND SACRIFICES OF CONSCIOUS WHITE AMERICANS, LIKE VIOLA LIUZZO, EVERETT DIRKSEN, AND MANY OTHERS, HAVE FOUGHT AND DIED TOGETHER FOR OUR FREEDOM, AND FOR OUR SURVIVAL.

In America, rights are are not determined by what is just, fair, equitable, honest, nor by what Jesus would do. Rights are determined ONLY by what you can DEMAND.

9. The Following User Groans At blackascoal For This Awful Post:

10. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,394 Times in 5,099 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 908 Times in 849 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Chlorate View Post
    Frankly, I don't know if Douchebag Donald had an ulterior motive for pushing this bill. But, if he gets a form of his bill passed sometime in his 4 or 8 years in office, then it's not really a failure. A failure is something like the rollout of his first travel ban, because that is a failure, independent of anything that happens in the future (the incompetent execution).
    He made campaign promises that this was the first thing he would do or get done very soon. Why would he make those promises only to play a long game?

Unless he really has no clue what credibility means.

11. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,394 Times in 5,099 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 908 Times in 849 Posts
    Blog Entries

in business you can fire people or walk away. he couldnt do that with ryan. Anyone paying attention can tell this is not the bill trump wanted. Trump wanted to sideline ryan. Please tell me any other way he could have accomplished this.
    Tell you what, I'll give it a year and if Ryan gets dethroned and Trump gets a H/C bill more like he wants, I will tell you what a genius you are.

Until then, it is pure speculation, you may be right, but time will time.

I am not sure Ryan loses speaker status over this, too much division in the party.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Cancel 2018.2 For This Post:

BRUTALITOPS (03-25-2017)

13. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,388 Times in 7,999 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 809 Times in 761 Posts

Your POV is delusional.

Just look at little things; he's ticked at Kushner for missing this past week. He worked the phones & handshakes HARD this week. He genuinely tried.

And we're supposed to believe that this was part of a master plan? That he knew he'd miss by just a few votes?

Let's see how it goes. At least we have some actual predictions from you on this thread, as opposed to "Well, Hillary should win unless she doesn't." We can revisit this one, and it probably won't be too long from now.

14. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Thing1 View Post
    Your POV is delusional.

Just look at little things; he's ticked at Kushner for missing this past week. He worked the phones & handshakes HARD this week. He genuinely tried.

And we're supposed to believe that this was part of a master plan? That he knew he'd miss by just a few votes?

Let's see how it goes. At least we have some actual predictions from you on this thread, as opposed to "Well, Hillary should win unless she doesn't." We can revisit this one, and it probably won't be too long from now.
    hey dummy, I made many more predictions than your summation above, and it's hilarious how simplistic you portray them when even that wasn't good enough for you. I predicted months in advance that late voters/independent/committal voters would break heavily for trump. I also predicted hillary would not turn out the obama coalition. A year in advance. I am a genius. Trump is playing 4D chess. I dont expect you to understand what I am saying, it would be like someone talking quantum mechanics to you. You live in your world and I will live in mine, where I keep getting things right.

---

Grind is basically right

15. The Following User Says Thank You to BRUTALITOPS For This Post:

16. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I literally talk to people every day that didn't understand that 30% meant 30% and not zero.

---

Grind is basically right

17. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,531 Times in 10,535 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

Trump said day 1 - immediately. He said it would be "easy." He said he was a master deal-maker, and knew how to negotiate these things.

Then, he said healthcare was really complicated, and tried to blame a party that has no power anywhere for the fact that he couldn't bring Republicans together.

No spinning this one, I'm afraid. Trump's first bigtime, high-profile legislation - and he got embarrassed. He is no longer the "winning" guy. He's a loser.
    It doesn't change the reality, it will get done. And probably within about the same timeline it took Obama to play that same game. Maybe slightly shorter, then he'll claim he did it in "record time" and that it is YUUUGE...
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Damocles For This Post:

cancel2 2022 (03-26-2017), PostmodernProphet (03-26-2017), Truth Detector (03-27-2017)

19. #42 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

[x] the prediction was easy
    [x] still didn't predict the easy prediction

---

Grind is basically right

20. #43 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,388 Times in 7,999 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 809 Times in 761 Posts

Well, all kinds of fun predictions on this thread.

But really, the weirdest revelation is that Grind really does believe that Trump is some kind of mad genius.

People said the same shite about Hitler. And no - I'm not comparing Trump to Hitler. But it's just a similar phenomenon. Someone charismatic who seems to have a strategy for awhile, until it turns out he's just a delusional, lying dope.

That ain't nothing to worship.

21. #44 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,432 Times in 12,044 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,699 Times in 1,647 Posts
    Blog Entries

Well, all kinds of fun predictions on this thread.

But really, the weirdest revelation is that Grind really does believe that Trump is some kind of mad genius.

People said the same shite about Hitler. And no - I'm not comparing Trump to Hitler. But it's just a similar phenomenon. Someone charismatic who seems to have a strategy for awhile, until it turns out he's just a delusional, lying dope.

That ain't nothing to worship.
    Did you light your daily candle to Hillary?
    SEDITION: incitement of resistance to or insurrection against lawful authority.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to USFREEDOM911 For This Post:

23. #45 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,531 Times in 10,535 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

Nobody is "worshiping" Trump, Things.. Seriously. I didn't want the guy and wrongly predicted that he wouldn't even be the nominee, mostly based on my belief that the man is stuck in reality TV clown mode and only registered as a republican because he wanted to run and the Ds insisted on HillBillary.
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Damocles For This Post: