Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: GOP health care bill has been pulled. There will be no vote.

1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,904 Times in 7,964 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,669 Times in 1,547 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by anatta View Post
    you are confused as usual. Many states did not set up STATE RUN exchanges, but they still are eligible for Obama care run subsidies.

Look. I think it's all crap without Single Pay, we are paying the insurance companies to deliver HC for a profit -why do this at all?
    It's not going to be defunded -it's yet another entitlement we can't pay for, and the costs are very uneven
    Do the Repubs have a better idea? no.

The real problem as usual is hyper-partisanship where the parties will never work on any improving it.

I personally don't care. I lived almost all my life without insurance,and in a little more then 2 years I get Medicade.
    It's not my mess to be concerned about ( one of the few benefits of aging)
    Did you mean MediCARE?

Because if you live in a non Medicaid expansion state like Florida or Texas, you ain't getting a nickel from Medicaid unless you are a low-income, poverty level woman with children or pregnant, or the head of a family with children or an indigent elderly person in a nursing home.

If you are a single male with or without an income, Medicaid will not touch you with a 10 foot pole.
    https://i.postimg.cc/PqVCnGks/gojoe1.jpg
    C'MON MAN!!!!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Nomad For This Post:

TTQ64 (03-24-2017)

3. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,579 Times in 15,814 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,951 Times in 1,862 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Did you mean MediCARE?

Because if you live in a non Medicaid expansion state like Florida or Texas, you ain't getting a nickel from Medicaid unless you are a low-income, poverty level woman with children or pregnant, or the head of a family with children or an indigent elderly person in a nursing home.

If you are a single male with or without an income, Medicaid will not touch you with a 10 foot pole.
    yes Medicare..

4. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,294 Times in 8,007 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,132 Times in 1,059 Posts
    Blog Entries

The only thing going into a 'death spiral' is Trump and the Republican Party.
    AMERICAN HISTORY ITSELF IS A TESTAMENT TO THE STRENGTH AND RESILIENCE OF AFRICAN PEOPLE. WE, ALONG WITH THE COURGE AND SACRIFICES OF CONSCIOUS WHITE AMERICANS, LIKE VIOLA LIUZZO, EVERETT DIRKSEN, AND MANY OTHERS, HAVE FOUGHT AND DIED TOGETHER FOR OUR FREEDOM, AND FOR OUR SURVIVAL.

In America, rights are are not determined by what is just, fair, equitable, honest, nor by what Jesus would do. Rights are determined ONLY by what you can DEMAND.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to blackascoal For This Post:

christiefan915 (03-25-2017), Rune (03-27-2017), TTQ64 (03-24-2017)

6. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,685 Times in 2,733 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 707 Times in 647 Posts
    Blog Entries

He doesn't really want single payer either.

He knows his right wing masters will never pass it.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to TTQ64 For This Post:

ZappasGuitar (03-24-2017)

8. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

you are confused as usual. Many states did not set up STATE RUN exchanges, but they still are eligible for Obama care run subsidies.

Look. I think it's all crap without Single Pay, we are paying the insurance companies to deliver HC for a profit -why do this at all?
    It's not going to be defunded -it's yet another entitlement we can't pay for, and the costs are very uneven
    Do the Repubs have a better idea? no.

The real problem as usual is hyper-partisanship where the parties will never work on any improving it.

I personally don't care. I lived almost all my life without insurance,and in a little more then 2 years I get Medicade.
    It's not my mess to be concerned about ( one of the few benefits of aging)
    If it's not your mess then STFU lying about it.

9. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,736 Times in 14,331 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,387 Times in 1,305 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Is it the Democrats' fault that you lost your mind?

Assuming you ever had one....
    Dog doesn't seem to care about what he posts.
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Althea For This Post:

Rune (03-26-2017)

11. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by TTQ64 View Post
    There will be no wall
    There will be no ban
    There will be no dismantling of the EPA or Department of ED
    There will be no locking up Clinton

The only thing he will succeed at is expanding law enforcement which will double the prison population, and tax cuts for the rich.

Hopefully, we can fix those things after he's impeached before too much damage is done.

He's a fuckin loser who should not be in office.
    This one is pretty much a done deal. Forget the funding...he's got saboteurs running those agencies.
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

12. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,758 Times in 11,557 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 889 Times in 847 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Buckly J. Ewer View Post
    When the myth of the "death spiral ","explosion" and "going up in flames" does not occur the next legislation on the AHA will be repair, compromise and a Huuuge expansion of the equally popular Medicare...
    Ryan said as much today...
    He is a pig , but he is at least a realist...
    Even Dems realize it's failing. O-care was designed to begin failing in 2016. They knew this day was coming. They were just banking Shillary winning in '16 and forcing the single payer system by this point. Surprise!!!! LOL
    Abortion rights dogma can obscure human reason & harden the human heart so much that the same person who feels
    empathy for animal suffering can lack compassion for unborn children who experience lethal violence and excruciating
    pain in abortion.

Unborn animals are protected in their nesting places, humans are not. To abort something is to end something
    which has begun. To abort life is to end it.

13. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

yes Medicare..

So you expect the government to provide health care for you.......figures.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to TTQ64 For This Post:

blackascoal (03-24-2017)

15. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post
    This one is pretty much a done deal. Forget the funding...he's got saboteurs running those agencies.
    True.

16. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Nonsense.

Obamacare will flourish even more than it is now.

Only simpleminded idiots think its failing.
    The Federal govt owes billions to the insurance companies that was promised, but never paid. In exchange for forcing them to cover myriad costly issues/procedures, the Risk Corridor Program was put in place to get insurers past the first 3 years of the law.

House Republicans de funded this by sneaking it into an omnibus defense bill. That's the only reason insurers are pulling out of the exchanges. They are out billions, and the Feds won't pay.

If the goal was to truly provide affordable healthcare to Americans, Republicans can patch the funding holes they created, and keep ACA solid until they sit down and fix it along with Dems.

This was always about one thing....repealing the cap gains taxation on the wealthy that goes to fund ACA. That lowers the baseline on cap gains so that the future tax cut will be even more of a handout.

You can't reverse engineer a law as complex as healthcare.

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Althea For This Post:

christiefan915 (03-25-2017), Rune (03-26-2017), ZappasGuitar (03-24-2017)

18. #42 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by christiefan915 View Post
    The Art of the Deal = FAIL.
    The big bad orange buffoon isn't as scary to real politicians as he thinks. In business, he just sues people, or stiffs them and threatens to put them out of business with legal bills.

This ain't that.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Althea For This Post:

blackascoal (03-24-2017)

20. #43 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,294 Times in 8,007 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,132 Times in 1,059 Posts
    Blog Entries

So you expect the government to provide health care for you.......figures.
    YES, he does.

Typical right-winger
    AMERICAN HISTORY ITSELF IS A TESTAMENT TO THE STRENGTH AND RESILIENCE OF AFRICAN PEOPLE. WE, ALONG WITH THE COURGE AND SACRIFICES OF CONSCIOUS WHITE AMERICANS, LIKE VIOLA LIUZZO, EVERETT DIRKSEN, AND MANY OTHERS, HAVE FOUGHT AND DIED TOGETHER FOR OUR FREEDOM, AND FOR OUR SURVIVAL.

In America, rights are are not determined by what is just, fair, equitable, honest, nor by what Jesus would do. Rights are determined ONLY by what you can DEMAND.

21. The Following User Groans At blackascoal For This Awful Post:

anatta (03-24-2017)

22. #44 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

And you are an extreme liar. There are several right wing states who opted out of the exchanges, you ignorant fuck

The only way Obamacare fails is if the racist GOPIgs defund it.
    To be fair....almost all, if not all Red state governors refused to create an exchange. Some didn't take the Medicaid expansion...but opted in after their constituents demanded it. Others took it, and motherfucked ACA every day anywaty.

But...in the states that didn't create an exchange, the Feds stepped in and created one. That's prob. what annata was talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by blackascoal View Post
    "The vast majority of marketplace enrollees have experienced no average premium hike at all." *
    — Barack Obama on Thursday, March 23rd, 2017 in a statement on the 7th anniversary of the Affordable Care Act

"Reality continues to discredit the false claim that this law is in a ‘death spiral,’ because while it’s true that some premiums have risen, the vast majority of Marketplace enrollees have experienced no average premium hike at all," he wrote.

We decided to vet the assertion that on average, the vast majority of people who signed up on a federal or state marketplaces saw no premium hike at all.

Government numbers back that up, although the meaning of "vast majority" lies in the beholder. And it’s not as though premiums didn’t rise. They did, but most people purchasing health care through the marketplace didn’t feel it.

"Enrollments are largely holding steady," she said. "There is no death spiral."

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...overed-govern/
    My rates doubled. After I lost my insurance company due to the funding cuts I've referenced already in other threads.

Granted, my rates for the first 3 years under ACA were the best of my life, and the coverage was amazing. My current premiums are still lower than quotes I was getting in the individual market before ACA was passed.

edit to add....the subsidies kept premiums from rising for those who take the subsidy.

23. #45 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by blackascoal View Post
    YES, he does.

Typical right-winger
    LMAOOOOOOOOO!

*SIGH*............rolling my eyes.