Thread: Trump's Own Party Thinks TrumpCare SUCKS!

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,611 Times in 7,328 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,966 Times in 1,782 Posts

Default Trump's Own Party Thinks TrumpCare SUCKS!

Republican Health Care Bill Teeters Near Death As House Appropriations Chair Will Vote No

The most powerful Republican committee chairman in the House, Appropriations Chairman Rodney Frelinghuysen (R-NJ) has announced that he will vote no on the Republican health care bill, as Trump’s first piece of major legislation takes another step towards defeat.

Frelinghuysen (R-NJ) said in a statement, “Seven years after enactment of Obamacare, I wanted to support legislation that made positive changes to rescue healthcare in America. Unfortunately, the legislation before the House today is currently unacceptable as it would place significant new costs and barriers to care on my constituents in New Jersey. In addition to the loss of Medicaid coverage for so many people in my Medicaid-dependent state, the denial of essential health benefits in the individual market raise serious coverage and cost issues. I remain hopeful that the American Health Care Act will be further modified. We need to get this right for all Americans.”

Hours before the vote, Republicans are not coming out to support the bill. If one wants to read the tea leaves of political momentum, it looks like this legislation has no momentum. If there does exist a wave of House Republicans who will carry this bill over the finish line, they are keeping their heads down and their mouths shut.

With the approval rating on this legislation at 17%, any Republican who votes for the American Health Care Act is casting a vote that will be used against them next year. It is nearly impossible to see how this legislation passes today with the Appropriations Committee chairman opposed to it.

Frelinghuysen’s statement perfectly sums up why Trumpcare might be doomed. For every concession made to pick up support from far-right conservatives, Paul Ryan loses the vote of a moderate.

Trump is demonstrating that he has no sway over congressional Republicans, while Ryan looks like a failed Speaker.

Even if this bill survives the House, it is still a defeat as the Republican Party has completely failed their first test of governing.

http://www.politicususa.com/2017/03/...hair-vote.html
    What kind of country have we become?

One in which federal prosecutors can take “evidence” before a “grand jury,”

and that grand jury can “vote to indict” a former president for 91 alleged “crimes”?

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,758 Times in 11,557 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 889 Times in 847 Posts

They can slow down and take their time with it as far as I care. Let them get a consensus. There are bigger fish to fry right now.
    Unfortunately, Obama spoiled everybody into thinking that all you have to write anything up and that lemmings following a President won't even demand to READ the dang thing......just pass it and get it over with. A lot younger snowflakes don't realize that things like this deserve honest discussion and debate and that takes a little time.
    Abortion rights dogma can obscure human reason & harden the human heart so much that the same person who feels
    empathy for animal suffering can lack compassion for unborn children who experience lethal violence and excruciating
    pain in abortion.

Unborn animals are protected in their nesting places, humans are not. To abort something is to end something
    which has begun. To abort life is to end it.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Stretch For This Post:

anatta (03-24-2017)

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

After seeing the no-vote today................................^^^^^^ Ditto to what I said before
    Abortion rights dogma can obscure human reason & harden the human heart so much that the same person who feels
    empathy for animal suffering can lack compassion for unborn children who experience lethal violence and excruciating
    pain in abortion.

Unborn animals are protected in their nesting places, humans are not. To abort something is to end something

5. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,493 Times in 9,085 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,427 Times in 1,256 Posts

6. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 80 Times in 78 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ZappasGuitar View Post
    Republican Health Care Bill Teeters Near Death As House Appropriations Chair Will Vote No

The most powerful Republican committee chairman in the House, Appropriations Chairman Rodney Frelinghuysen (R-NJ) has announced that he will vote no on the Republican health care bill, as Trump’s first piece of major legislation takes another step towards defeat.

Frelinghuysen (R-NJ) said in a statement, “Seven years after enactment of Obamacare, I wanted to support legislation that made positive changes to rescue healthcare in America. Unfortunately, the legislation before the House today is currently unacceptable as it would place significant new costs and barriers to care on my constituents in New Jersey. In addition to the loss of Medicaid coverage for so many people in my Medicaid-dependent state, the denial of essential health benefits in the individual market raise serious coverage and cost issues. I remain hopeful that the American Health Care Act will be further modified. We need to get this right for all Americans.”

Hours before the vote, Republicans are not coming out to support the bill. If one wants to read the tea leaves of political momentum, it looks like this legislation has no momentum. If there does exist a wave of House Republicans who will carry this bill over the finish line, they are keeping their heads down and their mouths shut.

With the approval rating on this legislation at 17%, any Republican who votes for the American Health Care Act is casting a vote that will be used against them next year. It is nearly impossible to see how this legislation passes today with the Appropriations Committee chairman opposed to it.

Frelinghuysen’s statement perfectly sums up why Trumpcare might be doomed. For every concession made to pick up support from far-right conservatives, Paul Ryan loses the vote of a moderate.

Trump is demonstrating that he has no sway over congressional Republicans, while Ryan looks like a failed Speaker.

Even if this bill survives the House, it is still a defeat as the Republican Party has completely failed their first test of governing.

http://www.politicususa.com/2017/03/...hair-vote.html
    Actually the GOP wants Trumpcare not to pass, so that Obamacare fails. Trump however does not want Americans to be without insurance like Obama did and does

7. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Let it fail baby, let it fail.
    pain in abortion.

8. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,579 Times in 15,814 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,951 Times in 1,862 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Stretch View Post
    They can slow down and take their time with it as far as I care. Let them get a consensus. There are bigger fish to fry right now.
    Unfortunately, Obama spoiled everybody into thinking that all you have to write anything up and that lemmings following a President won't even demand to READ the dang thing......just pass it and get it over with. A lot younger snowflakes don't realize that things like this deserve honest discussion and debate and that takes a little time.
    all i care about is tax reform and regulatory relief

9. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 17 Times in 17 Posts

Let it fail baby, let it fail.
    The AHA has never enjoyed as much support as it does today...
    The myth of failure is not really happening ...
    It's just getting a little more expensive for rich people...
    Boo-fucking-hoo...
    USFREEDOM911 Expresses one of his homosexual prison rape fantasies;
    Quote Originally Posted by USFREEDOM911 View Post
    he may be getting several boners, they just won't be his.
    "You got shot in the balls and you're still walking!! Then this probably won't hurt you at all (as he unzips his pants)."

I would kill someone who didn't pay me, after I give them a blowjob.
    Does that make me insane?

10. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

The passage ACA was probably the greatest act of legislative hubris in our lifetimes. Maybe ever lol.

The libs are tripping over themselves declaring the no-vote a fail. But they did the opposite in declaring the passage of Obamacare as a win.

And we saw how their 'win' turned out: Obamacare was a significant factor in democrats losing so many legislative seats and state houses during the illustrious reign of Obama the Great.

We'll see if the no-vote was a win or fail at some point in the future. Today, you can only guess.
    Last edited by Darth Omar; 03-24-2017 at 04:41 PM.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

11. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Buckly J. Ewer View Post
    The AHA has never enjoyed as much support as it does today...
    The myth of failure is not really happening ...
    It's just getting a little more expensive for rich people...
    Boo-fucking-hoo...
    WRONG!!!! It hits the middle and lower middle class working people. Rich people don't even bother buying health insurance, car insurance, etc.
    pain in abortion.

12. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 17 Times in 17 Posts

WRONG!!!! It hits the middle and lower middle class working people. Rich people don't even bother buying health insurance, car insurance, etc.
    That is the republican myth that you have obviously bought into...
    The facts tell a different story.
    USFREEDOM911 Expresses one of his homosexual prison rape fantasies;
    he may be getting several boners, they just won't be his.
    "You got shot in the balls and you're still walking!! Then this probably won't hurt you at all (as he unzips his pants)."

I would kill someone who didn't pay me, after I give them a blowjob.
    Does that make me insane?

13. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,373 Times in 4,319 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,440 Times in 2,029 Posts

Who would have thought that Republicans would agree with Bill Clinton that Obamacare sux....and then fail to repeal it.....

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
    Put blame where it belongs
    ATF decided it could not regulate bump stocks during the Obama administration.
    It that time," the NRA wrote in a statement. "The NRA believes that devices designed to allow semiautomatic rifles to function like fully-automatic rifles should be subject to additional regulations."
    The ATF and Obama admin. ignored the NRA recommendations.

14. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 80 Times in 78 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NOVA View Post
    Who would have thought that Republicans would agree with Bill Clinton that Obamacare sux....and then fail to repeal it.....

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
    Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

15. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Buckly J. Ewer View Post
    That is the republican myth that you have obviously bought into...
    The facts tell a different story.
    No myth. I live in Ocala. Lots of gazillionaire racing and breeding operations here. I had a horse stabled at one of their farms. They'll insure their homes, life, businesses, horses and employees, but never waste money for car or health insurance. They get top quality care and pay cash for all health and hospital bills.
    pain in abortion.