Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: First Attempt a MAJOR legislative DEFEAT? Obamacare not repealed!

1. #91 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,225 Times in 2,940 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 343 Times in 329 Posts

End of life care is some low hanging fruit. But it's dangerous politically, especially with all the misinformation that has become popular.

Most people do not want extensive end of life care but their families opt for it.
    Leviticus 19:33 And if a stranger sojourn with thee in your land, ye shall not do him wrong. 34 The stranger that sojourneth with you shall be unto you as the homeborn among you, and thou shalt love him as thyself; for ye were strangers in the land of Egypt: I am the LORD your God.

2. #92 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,614 Times in 21,477 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,632 Times in 5,140 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    it took Obama two years to get Obama care passed......why decide Trump has failed after sixty days?......
    Cuz he said if the bill did not pass he was going to leave Obamacare in place.

18 U.S. Code § 2071 - Concealment, removal, or mutilation generally
    44 U.S.C. 2202 - The United States shall reserve and retain complete ownership, possession, and control of Presidential records; and such records shall be administered in accordance with the provisions of this chapter.

LOCK HIM UP!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Jarod For This Post:

Althea (03-25-2017)

4. #93 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post
    Agree. There is no reason that the House could not have implemented their minor tweaks that trump referenced on the campaign trail. (all nonsense, of course). Allow sales across state lines. Allow low cost policies that cover nothing.
    Those would have proven useless. If the goal was to provide healthcare, and eventually fix the problems with ACA (it wasn't), the House could have put the funding back into place that is owed to the insurers. That bolsters the exchanges immediately.

From there, work on the issues that are costly....mainly meds.

But the goal had nothing to do with improving the law. It was about tax cuts, and politicizing yet another Obama accomplishment.
    I think the initial goal was single payer government healthcare: that's why they said to pass it to see what was in it. It's why Obama was ok with passing a flawed bill---they *wanted it to fail* so they could 'fix it' with single payer.

That cat is pretty much out of the bag. So here we are, with republicans holding the bag. I'm glad the bill didn't pass.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Darth Omar For This Post:

anatta (03-25-2017)

6. #94 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,579 Times in 15,814 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,951 Times in 1,862 Posts

Trump is at least damaged, the country is damaged..nobody wins except the extreme partisans.
    ..DC at it's finest.

7. #95 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by anatta View Post
    Trump is at least damaged, the country is damaged..nobody wins except the extreme partisans.
    ..DC at it's finest.
    If you're keeping partisan score at home, Trump is damaged lol.

But like I told someone else that's kind of short-sided: the win or lose has yet to be determined because it's dependent on what the state of healthcare will be two years from now---it can go either way.

We'll see what happens next.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Darth Omar For This Post:

anatta (03-25-2017)

9. #96 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,733 Times in 14,329 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,386 Times in 1,304 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    I think the initial goal was single payer government healthcare: that's why they said to pass it to see what was in it. It's why Obama was ok with passing a flawed bill---they *wanted it to fail* so they could 'fix it' with single payer.

That cat is pretty much out of the bag. So here we are, with republicans holding the bag. I'm glad the bill didn't pass.
    Some say that about SP, but I think we all realize that we'll never see that in this country. Taxes will not be raised that high. What we do need, is a public option.

And again...the law was written with the express plan to get a lot of sick people healthy, and to prevent a lot of very costly procedures in the future. This takes a handful of years to bear fruit, and House Republicans destroyed that ability via funding cuts. Shame, really.

But like I told someone else that's kind of short-sided: the win or lose has yet to be determined because it's dependent on what the state of healthcare will be two years from now---it can go either way.

The problem trump faces, is that no matter the nickname of the ACA, healthcare is now officially his fault...good or bad. When you control every aspect of govt. it's hard to explain why you didn't make the simple tweaks necessary to fund a law that was working.
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

10. #97 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

it's not solvent..it's headed for disaster.

11. #98 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,196 Times in 3,829 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 261 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Milagro View Post
    Do oppose me just for the hell of it? I am thinking about single payer and gun control specifically.

Sent from Lenovo K6 Note
    LOL, if/when that happened you would know...

I would certainly agree on those two issues..

Unfortunately there is a large # of (mostly uneducated/poorly educated) ignorant fools in this country that are so narrow minded & stupid that they are easily lead away from supporting their own self-interest...
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

12. #99 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by aloysious View Post
    It's my healthcare plan I unveiled on dcj during the summer of '15. I conceived it while mowing by lawn under the influence of 2 beers. I refined after I finished cutting the grass and had downed two more beers.
    Basically it's medical cost sharing. The first yr an estimate is made for the total cost spent on medical care and that amt. is collected by the govt. from every person's paycheck and welfare check (which is many people's paycheck). That's the only aspect in which the govt. is involved . The funds are then turned over to an independent escrow account administered by private industry which is subject to audit by two separate independent public accounting firms who bid for the job.
    There is an option to pay into a Health Savings Acct. rather than have it collected by the federal govt. All funds from the HSA must be used before using those from the escrow acct. If those funds are not used they can be handed down to heirs for their use. It can also be used for funeral expenses or willed to a charitable cause. This should satisfy and reward those who exhibit the personal responsibility of eating healthy, do regular exercise and otherwise live a healthy lifestyle.
    Healthcare providers would be required to post their fees and give alternatives to treatment so consumers would have an idea as to what their treatment would cost.
    The key is, is that everybody pays into something. There is no government fraud, waste and abuse and no insurance middleman profiting . There's much more to it so if you have any questions please ask. I'll be happy to answer. Most of the details I've ironed out already but it's too extensive to post at the moment.
    Thank you and have a pleasant afternoon or evening.
    I wonder what would have happened if you finished the six pack??? lol

I thought ppl on the right~republicans were against taking ppl's money & giving it to others?? Not like this/these for profit entities will be doing charity work...
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

13. #100 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by anatta View Post
    it's not solvent..it's headed for disaster.
    No it isn't.

But allowing it to die a natural death has always been an option, politically: the democrats would have their name tattooed on the disaster. And with some luck, they'd be more willing to reach some sort of compromise with Trump and the republicans.

Which is more or less Trump's strategy at this point.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Darth Omar For This Post:

anatta (03-25-2017)

15. #101 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

No it isn't.

But allowing it to die a natural death has always been an option, politically: the democrats would have their name tattooed on the disaster. And with some luck, they'd be more willing to reach some sort of compromise with Trump and the republicans.

Which is more or less Trump's strategy at this point.
    macro-analysis:
    HCare is now a Dem's issue for better or worse. That's why Trump is using a 10 foot pole when talking about it.

Long run Trump doesn't have to defend HC.
    But can he cobble a coalition for wall,and tax reform ( where he should have started) with this loss?

16. #102 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,294 Times in 8,007 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,132 Times in 1,059 Posts
    Blog Entries

:0)

CBO report rebuts Obamacare ‘death spiral’ argument
    http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...ted-by-cbo-re/

Stupid people still spouting 'death spiral.' :0)
    AMERICAN HISTORY ITSELF IS A TESTAMENT TO THE STRENGTH AND RESILIENCE OF AFRICAN PEOPLE. WE, ALONG WITH THE COURGE AND SACRIFICES OF CONSCIOUS WHITE AMERICANS, LIKE VIOLA LIUZZO, EVERETT DIRKSEN, AND MANY OTHERS, HAVE FOUGHT AND DIED TOGETHER FOR OUR FREEDOM, AND FOR OUR SURVIVAL.

In America, rights are are not determined by what is just, fair, equitable, honest, nor by what Jesus would do. Rights are determined ONLY by what you can DEMAND.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to blackascoal For This Post:

Bill (03-25-2017)

18. #103 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by blackascoal View Post
    :0)

CBO report rebuts Obamacare ‘death spiral’ argument
    http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...ted-by-cbo-re/

Stupid people still spouting 'death spiral.' :0)
    death spiral=cheap tv BULL SHIT for uneducated/poorly educated & poorly informed followers..

19. #104 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,294 Times in 8,007 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,132 Times in 1,059 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    death spiral=cheap tv BULL SHIT for uneducated/poorly educated & poorly informed followers..
    EXACTLY
    AMERICAN HISTORY ITSELF IS A TESTAMENT TO THE STRENGTH AND RESILIENCE OF AFRICAN PEOPLE. WE, ALONG WITH THE COURGE AND SACRIFICES OF CONSCIOUS WHITE AMERICANS, LIKE VIOLA LIUZZO, EVERETT DIRKSEN, AND MANY OTHERS, HAVE FOUGHT AND DIED TOGETHER FOR OUR FREEDOM, AND FOR OUR SURVIVAL.

In America, rights are are not determined by what is just, fair, equitable, honest, nor by what Jesus would do. Rights are determined ONLY by what you can DEMAND.

20. #105 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,520 Times in 5,217 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,477 Times in 2,299 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jarod View Post
    Your boy put the full force and weight of the White House behind it. He twisted arms, he urged people to call their congressman... he FAILED>
    I don't care. The bill sucked.

You seem to place more importance on the person than the legislation.

Of course had it passed I am sure you would be spinning a yarn of negativity about that too

Fortunately I don't take anything you say seriously. You are just a diminutive lefty troll with zero imagination