Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 142021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: A majority of white voters elected THE worst president in history. Intelligent???

1. #346 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,051 Times in 26,519 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,742 Times in 4,521 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by christiefan915 View Post
    Sure, I'll blame them because I was against the Libya invasion from the start.
    Well in that case you would have seen another Syria with Gaddafi unleashing a genocide against his own people.

Sent from Lenovo K6 Note

2. #347 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,579 Times in 15,814 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,951 Times in 1,862 Posts

Hillary didn't destroy Libya anymore than reagan brought down communism in Russia. They were brought down by what was happening within... correlation doesn't indicate causation. I suggest nobody can bring down a country that's strong within itself. And I don't care about Hillary and some plastic button, a purely symbolic photo op. But I do care about bush claiming to look into Putin's eyes and getting a sense of his soul. That is flat-out ridiculous. Even bush's own intel told him he should have read intelligence briefs more carefully before opening his mouth. Why does bush get a pass where Hillary doesn't? At least there's honesty in the fact that Hillary and Putin despise each other. I would rather have my president be wary about a guy like Putin instead of putting him on a pedestal higher than Obama.

The same people who elected trump as a non-politician spent eight years calling Obama a community organizer so I have no respect for them. trump hasn't even tried to get a handle on how government works. He thinks he can bully people like he does in business but that's not going to happen. We saw the smackdown he got with his try at repealing Obamacare. Now he's blaming it on Ryan, the Dems, anybody but himself. I believe his idea for a rapproachment with Putin will last as long as Putin doesn't openly criticize him for anything.

Re: NATO, Clinton brought in three nations, Poland, Hungary and the Czech Republic. bush43 brought in seven, Bulgaria, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Romania, Slovakia, and Slovenia. Obama brought in two, Albania and Croatia. So it looks like the biggest expansion was during the bush years, again no reason to blame Obama for anything.
    Hillary Clinton,‘Smart Power’and a Dictator’s Fall New York Times

The president was wary. The
    secretary of state was persuasive
    But the ouster of Col. Muammar
    el-Qaddafi left Libya a failed
    state and a terrorist haven.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2016/02/28/u...ibya.html?_r=1
    Her conviction would be critical in persuading Mr. Obama to join allies in bombing Colonel Qaddafi’s forces. In fact, Mr. Obama’s defense secretary, Robert M. Gates, would later say that in a “51-49” decision, it was Mrs. Clinton’s support that put the ambivalent president over the line.

The consequences would be more far-reaching than anyone imagined, leaving Libya a failed state and a terrorist haven,
    From: Jake Sullivan [mailtc Sent: Sunday, August 21, 2011 7:40 PM To: Mills, Cheryl D; Nuland, Victoria
    Subject: tick tock on libya (State dept Email released by FOIA request)
    it shows S' (Clinton) leadership/ownership/stewardship of this country's libya policy from start to finish

Secretary Clinton's leadership on Libya HRC has been a critical voice on Libya in administration deliberations, at NATO, and in contact group meetings — as well as the public face of the U.S. effort in Libya. She was instrumental in securing the authorization, building the coalition, and tightening the noose around Qadhafi and his regime.
    https://wikileaks.org/clinton-emails/emailid/23898
    ++
    Bill Clinton stared the expansion -key states -but yes Condi Rice was a BIG RUSSIAPHOBE in the Bush administration
    Why does bush get a pass where Hillary doesn't? At least there's honesty in the fact that Hillary and Putin despise each other. I would rather have my president be wary about a guy like Putin instead of putting him on a pedestal higher than Obama.
    Shrub doesn't "get a pass" -although Hilary should have learned from her Iraq vote that interventionism leads to a failed state.
    why put Putin on a pedestal or demonize him like the Russiaphobes do?

Just DEAL WITH HIM -realpoliik - to our advantage. That was Trumps idea.
    I don't know if it can still happen given the Russiaphobic climate infecting everything..

3. #348 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Sure, I'll blame them because I was against the Libya invasion from the start.
    forget Tom..He's a hopeless revisionist. ask yourself instead if we would EVER have put ANY "boots" into Libya ??
    Not UN/Not US. none. ever.
    That's why we did an air campaign -what Clinton calls "Smart Power"

4. #349 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Milagro View Post
    Well in that case you would have seen another Syria with Gaddafi unleashing a genocide against his own people.

Sent from Lenovo K6 Note
    OMG...first off whatever Qaddafi "would have done" was on him until NATO took control of the war.
    Then it became another Iraq - ("you break it you own it"- Powell's -Pottery Barn rule).

Secondly Qaddafi offered safe passage to Eqypt -if the NTC would disarm-they didn't and as legit ruler of Libya he put down the insurrection'

this whole "R2P" crap is just neocon madness - Clinton learned it from Madeline Albright's Kosovo adventures.
    except there WAS NO humanitarian crisis in Bengazi- unlike Kosovo

5. #350 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,432 Times in 12,044 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,699 Times in 1,647 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by evince View Post
    Dear fucking idiot,

we have democracy we don't need guns to win

take a look at what the republican politicians encountered when they went back to their districts

its why your fucks failed so badly this go around

fuck you very much
    Cry harder; because when the left loses even more seats in Congress, then they did this year, the Democrat party will be forgotten about.

SEDITION: incitement of resistance to or insurrection against lawful authority.

6. #351 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by anatta View Post
    forget Tom..He's a hopeless revisionist. ask yourself instead if we would EVER have put ANY "boots" into Libya ??
    Not UN/Not US. none. ever.
    That's why we did an air campaign -what Clinton calls "Smart Power"
    Yet there are boots on the ground in the form of special forces. Tell me this then, when the former French colonies like Mali and Chad were in danger, the French sent forces to kick out the Islamists. How come they could do that there?

Sent from Lenovo K6 Note
    Last edited by cancel2 2022; 03-26-2017 at 02:46 PM.

7. #352 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

OMG...first off whatever Qaddafi "would have done" was on him until NATO took control of the war.
    Then it became another Iraq - ("you break it you own it"- Powell's -Pottery Barn rule).

Secondly Qaddafi offered safe passage to Eqypt -if the NTC would disarm-they didn't and as legit ruler of Libya he put down the insurrection'

this whole "R2P" crap is just neocon madness - Clinton learned it from Madeline Albright's Kosovo adventures.
    except there WAS NO humanitarian crisis in Bengazi- unlike Kosovo
    Ghaddafi couldn't be trusted, I don't believe he would have honoured his pledge and you are just naive when it comes to him.

Sent from Lenovo K6 Note

8. #353 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,432 Times in 12,044 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,699 Times in 1,647 Posts
    Blog Entries

LOL @ "great vampire squid"..he also promised to rollback the regulatory state and return to some semblance of US federalism.
    I figured he'd be over his head for awhile,and it was obvious he had no clue about just how dysfunctional partisan politics are.
    My 2 main complaint are his idiotic tweets-which lead to his lying, and starting with HC instead of tax reform.
    But if we get regulatory reforms, a decent infrastructure package, and an end to PC induced leftist rule..OK.

I give him a "D" so far. But considering the hostile courts, the insane Russiaphobes, and relying on Ryan
    that's not unusual.
    But he needs to show much improvement -at least his obnoxious tweet have been cut back.
    The liberals constant complaining brings to mind the story of the Boy Who Cried Wolf and the more they do it, the more people are going to stop paying attention to them.
    SEDITION: incitement of resistance to or insurrection against lawful authority.

9. #354 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Yet there are boots on the ground in the form of special forces. Tell me this then, when the former French colonies like Mali and Chad were in danger, the French sent forces to kick out the Islamists. How come they could do that there?

Sent from Lenovo K6 Note
    1. it wasn't politically possible-whatever the merits. this was post-Iraq. what chance was there we would put any "boots" in? If it wasn't for Hillary's extreme advocacy there wouldn't have even been a buy in other then perhaps the "no fly".

2.the French backed a government force in Mali - unified to at least go after the Islamists.
    Post qadaffi there was no functional government. it was pure "militia rule" from the citywide down to the neighborhoods security.

How can you put UN troop s into a chaotic situation where there is no one to partner with?

10. #355 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Ghaddafi couldn't be trusted, I don't believe he would have honoured his pledge and you are just naive when it comes to him.
    Sent from Lenovo K6 Note
    He did not go after any civilian populations in any of the cities he won back from the NTC.
    Why would he suddenly massacre civilians in Bengazi?

cell phones showed no killing of protestors - the US was getting intelligence from CNN..it was bizarre

11. #356 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

He did not go after any civilian populations in any of the cities he won back from the NTC.
    Why would he suddenly massacre civilians in Bengazi?

cell phones showed no killing of protestors - the US was getting intelligence from CNN..it was bizarre
    This was the third time that US admins made the same mistake, it seems that you never learn.

https://www.theatlantic.com/internat...-libya/478461/

Sent from Lenovo K6 Note

12. #357 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,010 Times in 8,569 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 498 Times in 487 Posts

The demographics of the nation are changing and it's killing you, isn't it.
    There's a simple explanation why demographics are changing. When the blacks and hispanics produce bastard children white people are forced to support at a 73% and 53%, respectively, things change. That doesn't mean the change is good. Just more leeches in society.

13. #358 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,780 Times in 32,146 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

The demographics of the nation are changing and it's killing you, isn't it.
    isn't that what cost the Demmycrats the WH, Senate and House?......changing demographics?......

14. #359 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I will never be convinced something fishy wasn't going on in PA.
    there was....for decades......they just didn't bother to do it in 2016 because they assumed Hillary had it in the bag.......

15. #360 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Even the GOP hated trump and didn't think he was a decent candidate. So it's still an unsolved mystery to me how trump is now sitting in the WH.
    isn't that complicated.....EVERYONE hated hilliary.......