Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: A majority of white voters elected THE worst president in history. Intelligent???

1. #331 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,294 Times in 8,007 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,132 Times in 1,059 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by christiefan915 View Post
    trump doesn't give a shit about the working class, that's just his shtick. He fleeced the working class every chance he got. Look at how he stiffs contractors, look how he had to pay millions to those who enrolled in his bogus university. Here's the latest, note that it didn't make the MSM. And as of today he has four Goldman Sachs alumni in his administration.

In Washington, D.C., Another Contractor Stiffed by Trump / March 8, 2017

An IBEW signatory contractor filed suit against the Trump organization for skipping out on $2 million of work done on the luxury Washington D.C. hotel in the Old Post Office Building.

Freestate Electric filed a mechanic’s lien Dec. 27 and filed a complaint to enforce the lien Jan. 19 in D.C. Superior Court. Freestate alleges that they were not paid more than $2 million for work they did on the landmark hotel conversion. This brings to five the number of contractors who have sued for nonpayment at the Old Post Office project. In total, they are claiming nearly $5 million in unpaid bills.

“We’ve only filed three [mechanics’ liens] in the past decade, so, this is not usual for us,” said Tim Miller, executive vice president at Freestate’s parent company, AES Electric. “I want to make clear that this is not political. Whether it is Trump, or somebody you never heard of, we did a good job, at an agreed upon price and we want to be paid for it. We’d rather be talking about what an excellent job our employees did on a complex project than doing this.”

http://www.ibew.org/media-center/Art...therContractor

An IBEW investigative piece published last year documented the Trump Organization’s reputation for underpaying or not paying its bills at all.
    Hilarious how Trump supporters keep telling democrats what they must do .. while the orange clown and the Republican Party become more of an embarrassing failure and joke every day.
    AMERICAN HISTORY ITSELF IS A TESTAMENT TO THE STRENGTH AND RESILIENCE OF AFRICAN PEOPLE. WE, ALONG WITH THE COURGE AND SACRIFICES OF CONSCIOUS WHITE AMERICANS, LIKE VIOLA LIUZZO, EVERETT DIRKSEN, AND MANY OTHERS, HAVE FOUGHT AND DIED TOGETHER FOR OUR FREEDOM, AND FOR OUR SURVIVAL.

In America, rights are are not determined by what is just, fair, equitable, honest, nor by what Jesus would do. Rights are determined ONLY by what you can DEMAND.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to blackascoal For This Post:

Cypress (03-26-2017)

3. #332 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,294 Times in 8,007 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,132 Times in 1,059 Posts
    Blog Entries

Working class white Americans are now dying in middle age at faster rates than minority groups

Dividing the country into 1,000-plus regions, the authors find that the rate of “deaths of despair” (deaths by drugs, alcohol, and suicide) in midlife for white non-Hispanics rose in nearly every part of the country and at every*level of urbanization—from deep rural areas to large central cities—hitting men and women similarly.

https://www.brookings.edu/blog/brook...nority-groups/

Not just minority groups in the US, working class whites in the US are dying faster than people in developed countries all over the world.

Dying 'deaths of despair' ... DAMN

... guess who needs universal healthcare the most.
    AMERICAN HISTORY ITSELF IS A TESTAMENT TO THE STRENGTH AND RESILIENCE OF AFRICAN PEOPLE. WE, ALONG WITH THE COURGE AND SACRIFICES OF CONSCIOUS WHITE AMERICANS, LIKE VIOLA LIUZZO, EVERETT DIRKSEN, AND MANY OTHERS, HAVE FOUGHT AND DIED TOGETHER FOR OUR FREEDOM, AND FOR OUR SURVIVAL.

In America, rights are are not determined by what is just, fair, equitable, honest, nor by what Jesus would do. Rights are determined ONLY by what you can DEMAND.

4. #333 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,051 Times in 26,519 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,742 Times in 4,521 Posts
    Blog Entries

Maybe you are but millions of Americans aren't. Do you think Hillary wouldn't have been aligned with UK interests?

"Despite the populist parallels, however, most Britons support Clinton over Trump, experts told CNBC. A lack of clarity on what exactly Trump would do if elected "unsettles" many people in Britain, said Scott Lucas, a professor of American studies at the University of Birmingham.

"I think in general most people in the U.K. would feel much more comfortable with Hillary, because she's a known factor. Even if you disagree with her, you know pretty much where she's going to come from," he said."

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/07/13/elect...icas-vote.html
    No I do not, she would have carried on Obama's policy of putting us at the back of the queue for a trade deal. The EU had been negotiating TTIP for years. The EU trade deal with Canada took seven years to complete!! Trump says he will put us first after Brexit. The Left as I've already said were hugely critical of TTIP because it would allow US corporations to sue countries for not allowing access into their healthcare systems. Good riddance to it I say.

Sent from Lenovo K6 Note

5. The Following User Says Thank You to cancel2 2022 For This Post:

anatta (03-26-2017)

6. #334 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,579 Times in 15,814 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,951 Times in 1,862 Posts

I agree she didn't have a slogan like MAGA. I don't agree that it was all about her.

Hillary spent most of her adult life in public service. What has trump ever done for anyone but himself and his family?
    If you wanna call destroying Libya, screwing up the Russian reset with a worthlessplastic button
    and meddling in Syria ( Friends of Syria) a "public service" -that's not my idea of "serving"

Trump was elected as a non-politican. That's how awful DC is. He's obviously sputtering around getting his cabinet in place and finding out DC is s den of vipers.
    But his idea for a rapproachment with Putin -after Obama's dithering nothingness and decades of NATO expansion has brought us nothing but cold War 2.0 and Russian expansionism is sound.

Gawd only knows what interventionism we'd be upto with Hilary by now..

7. The Following User Says Thank You to anatta For This Post:

cancel2 2022 (03-26-2017)

8. #335 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Milagro View Post
    No I do not, she would have carried on Obama's policy of putting us at the back of the queue for a trade deal. The EU had been negotiating TTIP for years. The EU trade deal with Canada took seven years to complete!! Trump says he will put us first after Brexit. The Left as I've already said were hugely critical of TTIP because it would allow US corporations to sue countries for not allowing access into their healthcare systems. Good riddance to it I say.

Sent from Lenovo K6 Note
    the trouble with Clinton is she is nothing but an opportunist.
    She was in favor of the TPP before she was against it,she was in favor of no SP before she was..
    You cant' trust her judgement -even Bernie called her out on that.

9. #336 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

trump doesn't give a shit about the working class, that's just his shtick. He fleeced the working class every chance he got. Look at how he stiffs contractors, look how he had to pay millions to those who enrolled in his bogus university. Here's the latest, note that it didn't make the MSM. And as of today he has four Goldman Sachs alumni in his administration.

In Washington, D.C., Another Contractor Stiffed by Trump / March 8, 2017

An IBEW signatory contractor filed suit against the Trump organization for skipping out on $2 million of work done on the luxury Washington D.C. hotel in the Old Post Office Building.

Freestate Electric filed a mechanic’s lien Dec. 27 and filed a complaint to enforce the lien Jan. 19 in D.C. Superior Court. Freestate alleges that they were not paid more than $2 million for work they did on the landmark hotel conversion. This brings to five the number of contractors who have sued for nonpayment at the Old Post Office project. In total, they are claiming nearly $5 million in unpaid bills.

“We’ve only filed three [mechanics’ liens] in the past decade, so, this is not usual for us,” said Tim Miller, executive vice president at Freestate’s parent company, AES Electric. “I want to make clear that this is not political. Whether it is Trump, or somebody you never heard of, we did a good job, at an agreed upon price and we want to be paid for it. We’d rather be talking about what an excellent job our employees did on a complex project than doing this.”

http://www.ibew.org/media-center/Art...therContractor

An IBEW investigative piece published last year documented the Trump Organization’s reputation for underpaying or not paying its bills at all.
    We will see what he does, I will judge him on his actions. It is seemingly impossible to form any US administration without ex-GS employees, which is why it is termed the Great Vampire Squid. Hillary Clinton and the Clinton Foundation have many questions to answer but I don't see many forthcoming.

I have said it many times but I will say it again, there were only two choices, both pretty shitty, but Trump promised an end to the old ways. Now this may well be total bullshit but he might actually mean what he says, I will wait and see.

Sent from Lenovo K6 Note

10. The Following User Says Thank You to cancel2 2022 For This Post:

anatta (03-26-2017)

11. #337 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

We will see what he does, I will judge him on his actions. It is seemingly impossible to form any US administration without ex-GS employees, which is why it is termed the Great Vampire Squid. Hillary Clinton and the Clinton Foundation have many questions to answer but I don't see many forthcoming.

I have said it many times but I will say it again, there were only two choices, both pretty shitty, but Trump promised an end to the old ways. Now this may well be total bullshit but he might actually mean what he says, I will wait and see.

Sent from Lenovo K6 Note
    LOL @ "great vampire squid"..he also promised to rollback the regulatory state and return to some semblance of US federalism.
    I figured he'd be over his head for awhile,and it was obvious he had no clue about just how dysfunctional partisan politics are.
    My 2 main complaint are his idiotic tweets-which lead to his lying, and starting with HC instead of tax reform.
    But if we get regulatory reforms, a decent infrastructure package, and an end to PC induced leftist rule..OK.

I give him a "D" so far. But considering the hostile courts, the insane Russiaphobes, and relying on Ryan
    that's not unusual.
    But he needs to show much improvement -at least his obnoxious tweet have been cut back.

12. #338 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by anatta View Post
    LOL @ "great vampire squid"..he also promised to rollback the regulatory state and return to some semblance of US federalism.
    I figured he'd be over his head for awhile,and it was obvious he had no clue about just how dysfunctional partisan politics are.
    My 2 main complaint are his idiotic tweets-which lead to his lying, and starting with HC instead of tax reform.
    But if we get regulatory reforms, a decent infrastructure package, and an end to PC induced leftist rule..OK.

I give him a "D" so far. But considering the hostile courts, the insane Russiaphobes, and relying on Ryan
    that's not unusual.
    But he needs to show much improvement -at least his obnoxious tweet have been cut back.
    Yes I said a few times that he'd be floundering​ for the first six months. He is used to giving orders and expecting them to be carried out. Washington is a nest of vipers but then maybe you need somebody like him and Bannon to defang them?

Sent from Lenovo K6 Note

13. #339 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,780 Times in 32,146 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    That's right. We have a system that's essentially a zero sum game.
    unless you can come up with a way to create an unlimited supply of voters, I suspect they're all zero sum game systems......

14. #340 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Sixteen months before election day?
    she peaked early.....

15. #341 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by blackascoal View Post
    But half the charters perform only as well, or worse than, Detroit’s traditional public schools[/B].
    the other half performed better....

16. #342 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,086 Times in 25,662 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,614 Times in 2,498 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by anatta View Post
    If you wanna call destroying Libya, screwing up the Russian reset with a worthlessplastic button
    and meddling in Syria ( Friends of Syria) a "public service" -that's not my idea of "serving"

Trump was elected as a non-politican. That's how awful DC is. He's obviously sputtering around getting his cabinet in place and finding out DC is s den of vipers.
    But his idea for a rapproachment with Putin -after Obama's dithering nothingness and decades of NATO expansion has brought us nothing but cold War 2.0 and Russian expansionism is sound.

Gawd only knows what interventionism we'd be upto with Hilary by now..
    Hillary didn't destroy Libya anymore than reagan brought down communism in Russia. They were brought down by what was happening within... correlation doesn't indicate causation. I suggest nobody can bring down a country that's strong within itself. And I don't care about Hillary and some plastic button, a purely symbolic photo op. But I do care about bush claiming to look into Putin's eyes and getting a sense of his soul. That is flat-out ridiculous. Even bush's own intel told him he should have read intelligence briefs more carefully before opening his mouth. Why does bush get a pass where Hillary doesn't? At least there's honesty in the fact that Hillary and Putin despise each other. I would rather have my president be wary about a guy like Putin instead of putting him on a pedestal higher than Obama.

The same people who elected trump as a non-politician spent eight years calling Obama a community organizer so I have no respect for them. trump hasn't even tried to get a handle on how government works. He thinks he can bully people like he does in business but that's not going to happen. We saw the smackdown he got with his try at repealing Obamacare. Now he's blaming it on Ryan, the Dems, anybody but himself. I believe his idea for a rapproachment with Putin will last as long as Putin doesn't openly criticize him for anything.

Re: NATO, Clinton brought in three nations, Poland, Hungary and the Czech Republic. bush43 brought in seven, Bulgaria, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Romania, Slovakia, and Slovenia. Obama brought in two, Albania and Croatia. So it looks like the biggest expansion was during the bush years, again no reason to blame Obama for anything.

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
    ― Charles Dickens

17. #343 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hillary didn't destroy Libya anymore than reagan brought down communism in Russia. They were brought down by what was happening within... correlation doesn't indicate causation. I suggest nobody can bring down a country that's strong within itself. And I don't care about Hillary and some plastic button, a purely symbolic photo op. But I do care about bush claiming to look into Putin's eyes and getting a sense of his soul. That is flat-out ridiculous. Even bush's own intel told him he should have read intelligence briefs more carefully before opening his mouth. Why does bush get a pass where Hillary doesn't? At least there's honesty in the fact that Hillary and Putin despise each other. I would rather have my president be wary about a guy like Putin instead of putting him on a pedestal higher than Obama.

The same people who elected trump as a non-politician spent eight years calling Obama a community organizer so I have no respect for them. trump hasn't even tried to get a handle on how government works. He thinks he can bully people like he does in business but that's not going to happen. We saw the smackdown he got with his try at repealing Obamacare. Now he's blaming it on Ryan, the Dems, anybody but himself. I believe his idea for a rapproachment with Putin will last as long as Putin doesn't openly criticize him for anything.

Re: NATO, Clinton brought in three nations, Poland, Hungary and the Czech Republic. bush43 brought in seven, Bulgaria, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Romania, Slovakia, and Slovenia. Obama brought in two, Albania and Croatia. So it looks like the biggest expansion was during the bush years, again no reason to blame Obama for anything.
    I blame both Obama and Clinton for having no plan for the aftermath in Libya. If you are going to blame Bush for having no plan for the post invasion then the same applies to the Obama administration. UN blue berets should have been sent in to deal with the various warlords and protect government buildings, airports, oil refineries and sea ports. They also should have acted post haste to establish a national army by inviting the various factions to join up. None of this was done, it seems unbelievable that the lessons from Iraq were not acted upon and the same mistakes were made.

Sent from Lenovo K6 Note
    Last edited by cancel2 2022; 03-26-2017 at 02:09 PM.

18. #344 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Sent from Lenovo K6 Note
    Hillary may very well have questions to answer about their foundation but so does trump, about his. In fact trump claimed he's going to shut down his foundation because of all the legal problems regarding self-dealing and how it collected and disbursed funds. He has outright lied about the extent of his philanthropy, and he used foundation money to settle his business lawsuits.

― Charles Dickens

19. #345 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I blame both Obama and Clinton for having no plan for the aftermath in Libya. If you are going to blame Bush for having no plan for the post invasion then the same applies to the Obama administration.

Sent from Lenovo K6 Note
    Sure, I'll blame them because I was against the Libya invasion from the start.

― Charles Dickens

20. The Following User Says Thank You to christiefan915 For This Post:

anatta (03-26-2017)