Page 18 of 27 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: A majority of white voters elected THE worst president in history. Intelligent???

1. #256 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,051 Times in 26,519 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,742 Times in 4,521 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by anatta View Post
    geese dude..would you grow up?
    why ask such inane bullshit - you go a keyboard full of letters to work with and you type "tard?"
    He seems to get more juvenile, if that's possible, as he gets older.

Sent from Lenovo K6 Note

2. The Following User Says Thank You to cancel2 2022 For This Post:

anatta (03-24-2017)

3. #257 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by anatta View Post
    I would have voted for Bernie easily.
    I had qualms about his foreign policy naive - but i figure he would have had enough support.

HRClinton was 110% unacceptable , so I threw my lot in with Trump for his MAGA ideas
    I think he would have been hopelessly naive as President, for a start he wanted to get rid of all nuclear power. Maybe he ought to have looked to Germany and the huge problems created by their Energiewende policy.

Sent from Lenovo K6 Note

4. #258 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SmarterthanYou View Post
    this will make the 8th time i'm stating that I voted for johnson.

I've been very consistent in stating that the election of 2016 was finding out which party could choose the absolute worst candidate. the republicans are just as much at fault as the dems that voted for him.

feel the johnson......

read above.
    He's not too bright!!

Sent from Lenovo K6 Note

5. #259 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 80 Times in 78 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by blackascoal View Post
    Where is the intelligence?

Every 4 years during the presidential elections, a plethora of white republicans will slide from under the rocks to question the intelligence of black voters who support the Democratic Party that supports them instead of the virtually all-white Republican Party that doesn't. Their comments get flavored with lots of references to 'plantations' and 'slaves.' This past election was no different.

The implication is that whites know better .. and perhaps politics is above the heads of black voters. So in their 'wisdom' .. a majority of white voters elected the absolute worst president in American history .. a celebrity clown and buffoon .. a complete failure in under two months.

Given the propensity of white republicans to always question the political intelligence of black voters .. surely it's fair to question the intelligence of that majority of white voters who elected a danger and total embarrassment to this nation .. or more correctly stated, the lack of intelligence.

Where is the intelligence in electing a loud-mouth lying celebrity with no legislative experience to be the President of the United States? Where?

Trump is no surprise, he's exactly as advertised .. a clown .. a clown who hates people .. particularly people with non-white skin. How's that working out for you?

Get rid of Obamacare? Sure, go ahead and do it .. what are you waiting on? Oh wait .. millions of whites who vote republican are benefitting from Obamacare and don't want to let it go. It seems they've spent 8 years voting against their own best interests. Where was the intelligence in that? Truth is, white republican voters spend a lot of time voting against their best interests. 9 of out the 10 poorest states in the country, and 97 out of the 100 poorest counties in America are republican controlled .. and their citizens benefit from the safety nets legislated by democrats. Maybe Trump will help them grow up as he attempts to yank away their healthcare in preference to his rich friends.

You should have been smarter.

Trump and Obama-hate have made it MORE likely that another Black president will sit in the Oval Office leading this nation again. Compared to Trump, Obama looks, thinks, and acts far more presidential and sane. Trump and his voters have only embellished Obama's legacy in ways that he himself never could.

Trump is an embarrassment and danger .. and at the same time, the best thing that could have happened to this nation. He exposes the overt racism that is America. He exposes the glaring failures of the republican agenda .. and he exposes the undeniable lack of intelligence of that majority of white voters who elected him.
    Trump was elected by Alveda King and Louis Farrakhan, so get over it already. The African American vote went to Trump, as they did not bother to vote for Billary

Try again kid

6. #260 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by evince View Post
    so you are just going to pretend that there were not massive lie filled fake stories created by Russia all over the internets?
    Sorry I don't respond to insane people!!

7. #261 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,883 Times in 2,239 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 124 Times in 120 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Milagro View Post
    Sorry I don't respond to insane people!!
    They are attempting to blame others for their gullibility and stupidity and confessing that Democrat voters are not exactly the sharpest tools in the shed? News stories don't pull voting machine levers and don't stop someone from voting. That's why the Pollsters were left licking their balls under the porch the day after the election....they were 180 degrees off target. Yet this leftist is suggesting that news articles cost them the election after its proven that propaganda News can't win elections or Hillary would be POTUS as we speak. You are correct there is a vast "disconnect" between reality, reason and logic with this insane idiot. As all the news sources had Hillary to win in a landslide up until about 9PM on election night.
    Last edited by Ralph; 03-24-2017 at 05:05 AM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Ralph For This Post:

cancel2 2022 (03-24-2017)

9. #262 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,780 Times in 32,146 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by USFREEDOM911 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by evince View Post
    YOU DONT HAVE THE CONSENT OF THE GOVERNED
    We don't need it.
    we have the consent of the governed, we just don't have the consent of the ungovernable........

10. The Following User Says Thank You to PostmodernProphet For This Post:

USFREEDOM911 (03-24-2017)

11. #263 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,294 Times in 8,007 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,132 Times in 1,059 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SmarterthanYou View Post
    this will make the 8th time i'm stating that I voted for johnson.

I've been very consistent in stating that the election of 2016 was finding out which party could choose the absolute worst candidate. the republicans are just as much at fault as the dems that voted for him.

feel the johnson......

read above.
    Cool .. got it.

Thanks
    AMERICAN HISTORY ITSELF IS A TESTAMENT TO THE STRENGTH AND RESILIENCE OF AFRICAN PEOPLE. WE, ALONG WITH THE COURGE AND SACRIFICES OF CONSCIOUS WHITE AMERICANS, LIKE VIOLA LIUZZO, EVERETT DIRKSEN, AND MANY OTHERS, HAVE FOUGHT AND DIED TOGETHER FOR OUR FREEDOM, AND FOR OUR SURVIVAL.

In America, rights are are not determined by what is just, fair, equitable, honest, nor by what Jesus would do. Rights are determined ONLY by what you can DEMAND.

12. #264 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TheDonald View Post
    Trump was elected by Alveda King and Louis Farrakhan, so get over it already. The African American vote went to Trump, as they did not bother to vote for Billary

Try again kid

I never endorsed Mr. Trump or any of the candidates who are running for the nomination that would make them the leader of their party. I said of Mr. Trump that I give him credit as the only one who stood in front of “some” members of the Jewish community and told them he did not need or want their money. This was very big because any man who is able to stand on his own is free enough to do what is in the best interest of the country. That is what I said and that is what I meant.*

On another occasion, I said I liked what I am looking at because I felt he had a strength required of anyone who wished to save America, or move away the Wrath of Allah (God) plaguing not only America but the world with the forces of nature.

I could never endorse any candidate because not one of them is saying that which would save America from the Wrath of Allah (God). -- Minister Louis Farrakhan

http://www.finalcall.com/artman/publ...e_102946.shtml

"Alveda’s chirpings about her sharing the “King blood” is like me using an alleged familial relationship to a rock star to demand a recording contract even though I can’t carry a tune"
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/alvin-..._b_696387.html

You racists use Alveda King like a two-dollar whore .. which is how she is viewed by much of the Black community that you think gives a fuck about her. :0)

try again
    AMERICAN HISTORY ITSELF IS A TESTAMENT TO THE STRENGTH AND RESILIENCE OF AFRICAN PEOPLE. WE, ALONG WITH THE COURGE AND SACRIFICES OF CONSCIOUS WHITE AMERICANS, LIKE VIOLA LIUZZO, EVERETT DIRKSEN, AND MANY OTHERS, HAVE FOUGHT AND DIED TOGETHER FOR OUR FREEDOM, AND FOR OUR SURVIVAL.

In America, rights are are not determined by what is just, fair, equitable, honest, nor by what Jesus would do. Rights are determined ONLY by what you can DEMAND.

13. #265 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

White, working-class, middle-age Americans dying younger than their peers

WASHINGTON — Middle-age white Americans with limited education are increasingly dying younger, on average, than other middle-age US adults, a trend driven by their dwindling economic opportunities, research by two Princeton University economists has found.

The economists, Anne Case and Angus Deaton, argue in a paper released Thursday that the loss of steady middle-income jobs for those with high school degrees or less has triggered broad problems for this group. They are more likely than their college-educated counterparts, for example, to be unemployed, unmarried or afflicted with poor health.

“This is a story of the collapse of the white working class,” Deaton said in an interview. “The labor market has very much turned against them.”

Those dynamics helped fuel the rise of President Donald Trump, who won widespread support among whites with only a high school degree.

Yet Deaton said his policies are unlikely to reverse these trends, particularly the health care legislation now before the House that Trump is championing. That bill would lead to higher premiums for older Americans, the Congressional Budget Office has found.

“The policies that you see, seem almost perfectly designed to hurt the very people who voted for him,” Deaton said.

Case and Deaton’s paper, issued by the Brookings Institution, follows up on research they released in 2015 that first documented a sharp increase in mortality among middle-aged whites.

Since 1999, white men and women ages 45 through 54 have endured a sharp increase in “deaths of despair,” Case and Deaton found in their earlier work. These include suicides, drug overdoses, and alcohol-related deaths such as liver failure.

Other research has found that Americans with only high school degrees are less likely to get married or purchase a home and more likely to get divorced if they do marry.

“It’s not just their careers that have gone down the tubes, but their marriage prospects, their ability to raise children,” said Deaton, who won the Nobel prize in economics in 2015 for his long-standing work on solutions to poverty. “That’s the kind of thing that can lead people to despair.”

It’s not entirely clear why these trends have affected whites much more than they have African-Americans or Hispanics, whose death rates are improving.

Case and Deaton note that many Hispanics are “markedly better off” than parents or grandparents who were born abroad, enabling a greater sense of optimism. African-Americans, they add, may have become more resilient to economic challenges given their long-standing disadvantages in the job market.

The data is clear, though: In 1999, the death rate for high school-educated whites ages 50 through 54 was 30 percent lower than the death rate for all African-Americans in that age group. By 2015, it was 30 percent higher.
    https://www.statnews.com/2017/03/23/...ess-education/

Couple that with this ..

Trump overwhelmingly leads rivals in support from less educated Americans
    http://www.pbs.org/newshour/rundown/...ted-americans/

That math equals white Trump voters voting against their own best interests .. if life can be considered an interest.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to blackascoal For This Post:

Phantasmal (03-24-2017)

15. #266 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 54,745 Times in 33,616 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,065 Times in 4,683 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    I don't think he's going to do anything. In fact I think his trade policies will hurt the working class. Automation has hurt the working class the most. But I don't think Democrats or more gov't welfare programs are going to help them either.
    So, what is? If they don't have jobs that pay enough to provide basic needs, what is the answer? Republicans don't want to educate or train people, either, so what's the answer?

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Phantasmal For This Post:

blackascoal (03-24-2017), christiefan915 (03-25-2017)

17. #267 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

You have any examples of democrats providing money for job retrainings?
    They introduced many bills for retraining, guess what happened to them? Any idea?

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Phantasmal For This Post:

blackascoal (03-24-2017)

19. #268 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I posted the article last week of the large number of poor people moving out of California because democrats won't allow enough building of housing. The rich white liberal democratic base loves it of course because their property values go up. Not exactly helping 'the little guy'
    Nope, a very small percentage of the 10% really want the undesirables around, unless it's to clean, cook or mow their lawns.

20. #269 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,579 Times in 15,814 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,951 Times in 1,862 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Milagro View Post
    I think he would have been hopelessly naive as President, for a start he wanted to get rid of all nuclear power. Maybe he ought to have looked to Germany and the huge problems created by their Energiewende policy.

Sent from Lenovo K6 Note
    He is naive. Trump is inexperienced, Clinton is more of the same LW identity politics, mixed in with bellicose jingoism.

Trump has excellent instincts on foreign policy - Russia can be dealt with
    (Clinton would not deal -using the same failed Obama policy of dismissing Putin - and not using realpolitik)

China is a real Pacific power we alone have to deal with - Europe will never care about the Pacific.
    Trump is correct on re-building the Navy.

21. #270 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Queen Snowflake View Post
    They introduced many bills for retraining, guess what happened to them? Any idea?
    I've already given him lots of examples.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to blackascoal For This Post:

Phantasmal (03-25-2017)