1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,432 Times in 12,044 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,699 Times in 1,647 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default A ‘Blacks Only’ Field Trip Has Parents Stunned and Outraged

A ‘Blacks Only’ Field Trip Has Parents Stunned and Outraged

An Indiana school district is coming under fire after planning an upcoming field trip that would only allow black students to attend, and it has both white and black parents crying foul.

ABC57 reported that a total of seven schools in the South Bend school district*are participating in two separate trips to three colleges in the area, but only students who are*African-American are allowed to participate in the field trip.

Dr. G. David Moss is*the director of the African-American student/parent support department and he said “I want these third graders to have the opportunity to think of themselves as college students.”* According to The South Bend Tribune,*Moss was formerly a senior consultant with the Office of Student Affairs at the University of Notre Dame.

Parents*of different ethnic*backgrounds have raised objections to Moss’ plan to exclude students who aren’t black.

Charles Yost, a parent of one of the students,*said “We should be able to do everything together and not separate,” *and*Deirdra Mullings, who has a child participant in one of the field trips,*added “I feel like all kids should be going.”

Erika Herron is one parent who agrees with what Moss is trying to accomplish, by excluding students. Herron said “I don’t think it’s a race issue. I think they’re giving black children a chance.”

“It was not meant to be exclusionary. It was only meant to support and give these kids what they need to think positively about themselves and about their future,”
    said Moss.
    I was hired to look at the issues facing African-American kids in the South Bend Community Schools Corporation and my job specifically says that I need to develop programs and develop strategies to help these kids and their families become more successful academically.

Some students embarked on the trip Thursday, while others will be going Monday.

I can’t help but wonder how people would be acting differently if it were a ‘whites only’ field trip and black students were disallowed from participating. The ACLU and NAACP would have a field day, no doubt about it.

This double-standard that allows the segregation based on situation is what promotes*racial divide and it’s*the very thing that Martin Luther King, Jr., campaigned against. There is no such thing as “separate but equal”.
    SEDITION: incitement of resistance to or insurrection against lawful authority.

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,235 Times in 10,345 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,490 Times in 1,337 Posts
    Blog Entries

it's racism. black people can be racist.

---

Quote Originally Posted by Mott the Hoople View Post
    Grind is basically right
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    Grind’s got you beat by miles. He is very intelligent.

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,680 Times in 27,325 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,977 Times in 2,694 Posts

Good lord, keep a stiff upper lip mate!
    This is pretty good wingnut comedy, I will give you that.

But if you want me to even think about shedding a tear, don't give me school field trip crap. Let me know when you get beat up by cops, denied a job, denied a loan, or denied your right to vote based on your skin color.

No doubt though, the premise of the white conservative male "victim" has significant comedy value. Carry on!
    Last edited by Cypress; 03-21-2017 at 10:38 PM. Reason: typo

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cypress For This Post:

midcan5 (03-22-2017), Mott the Hoople (03-22-2017)

5. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,235 Times in 10,345 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,490 Times in 1,337 Posts
    Blog Entries

ten years later and still a fagmo ^

---

Grind is basically right
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    Grind’s got you beat by miles. He is very intelligent.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to BRUTALITOPS For This Post:

Minister of Truth (03-22-2017)

7. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,229 Times in 809 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 176 Times in 163 Posts

This is a paranoid anti government site, it was formed after our first black president showing its true color as a racist, ignoramus place for other nutcases. Weird how racism manages the mind of some people? It's articles are most likely fake or exaggerated nonsense for its choir of idiots. Hate is so powerful an emotion among some whites. They should be DNA tested and shown they may not be perfect specimens of humanity per their own ignorant thinking.

https://www.adl.org/education/resour...nti-government

"We live in a golden age of ignorance, and Trump and Brexit are part of that." http://timharford.com/2017/03/the-problem-with-facts/

"I want to argue for something which is controversial, although I believe that it is also intuitive and commonsensical. My claim is this: Oliver [ average Right Winger] believes what he does because that is the kind of thinker he is or, to put it more bluntly, because there is something wrong with how he thinks. The problem with conspiracy theorists is not, as the US legal scholar Cass Sunstein argues, that they have little relevant information. The key to what they end up believing is how they interpret and respond to the vast quantities of relevant information at their disposal. I want to suggest that this is fundamentally a question of the way they are. Oliver isn’t mad (or at least, he needn’t be). Nevertheless, his beliefs about 9/11 are the result of the peculiarities of his intellectual constitution – in a word, of his intellectual character." https://aeon.co/essays/the-intellect...racy-theorists

"The main hypothesis concerning group-think is this: the more amiability and espirt de corps among the members of an in-group of policymakers the greater the danger that independent critical thinking will be replaced by groupthink, which is likely to result in irrational and the dehumanizing actions directed at out-groups." Irving L. Janis in 'Sanctions for Evil'
    Wanna make America great, buy American owned, made in the USA, we do. AF Veteran, INFJ-A, I am not PC.

"I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it." Voltaire

8. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post

But if you want me to even think about shedding a tear, don't give me school field trip crap. Let me know when you get beat up by cops, denied a job, denied a loan, or denied your right to vote based on your skin color.

No doubt though, the premise of the white conservative male "victim" has significant comedy value. Carry on!
    AW yes; Cyprus finally shows that he’s OK with racism and bigotry, as long as it’s not White’s who are the ones being racist and bigots.

9. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by midcan5 View Post
    This is a paranoid anti government site, it was formed after our first black president showing its true color as a racist, ignoramus place for other nutcases. Weird how racism manages the mind of some people? It's articles are most likely fake or exaggerated nonsense for its choir of idiots. Hate is so powerful an emotion among some whites. They should be DNA tested and shown they may not be perfect specimens of humanity per their own ignorant thinking.

https://www.adl.org/education/resour...nti-government

"We live in a golden age of ignorance, and Trump and Brexit are part of that." http://timharford.com/2017/03/the-problem-with-facts/

"I want to argue for something which is controversial, although I believe that it is also intuitive and commonsensical. My claim is this: Oliver [ average Right Winger] believes what he does because that is the kind of thinker he is or, to put it more bluntly, because there is something wrong with how he thinks. The problem with conspiracy theorists is not, as the US legal scholar Cass Sunstein argues, that they have little relevant information. The key to what they end up believing is how they interpret and respond to the vast quantities of relevant information at their disposal. I want to suggest that this is fundamentally a question of the way they are. Oliver isn’t mad (or at least, he needn’t be). Nevertheless, his beliefs about 9/11 are the result of the peculiarities of his intellectual constitution – in a word, of his intellectual character." https://aeon.co/essays/the-intellect...racy-theorists

"The main hypothesis concerning group-think is this: the more amiability and espirt de corps among the members of an in-group of policymakers the greater the danger that independent critical thinking will be replaced by groupthink, which is likely to result in irrational and the dehumanizing actions directed at out-groups." Irving L. Janis in 'Sanctions for Evil'
    Then it should be no problem for you to refute the article, with something that reveals something different.

10. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,676 Times in 14,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,136 Times in 1,080 Posts

11. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,520 Times in 5,217 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,477 Times in 2,299 Posts

Good lap dog justifying the unjustifiable

I am itching for a good race war

12. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,001 Times in 13,040 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,147 Times in 1,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tom is a bogman View Post
    it's racism. black people can be racist.
    Like you?
    You're Never Alone With A Schizophrenic!

13. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,001 Times in 13,040 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,147 Times in 1,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by USFREEDOM911 View Post
    AW yes; Cyprus finally shows that he’s OK with racism and bigotry, as long as it’s not White’s who are the ones being racist and bigots.
    No he's saying "Cry me a river you poor persecuted +70% minority.".
    You're Never Alone With A Schizophrenic!

14. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

No he's saying "Cry me a river you poor persecuted +70% minority.".
    It is nice of you to reveal your own racism.

15. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,773 Times in 2,207 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 970 Times in 889 Posts

Hey, if you dumbfuck heathens really want segregation, then I'll be more than happy to support that wish.

16. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,010 Times in 8,569 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 498 Times in 487 Posts

A ‘Blacks Only’ Field Trip Has Parents Stunned and Outraged

An Indiana school district is coming under fire after planning an upcoming field trip that would only allow black students to attend, and it has both white and black parents crying foul.

ABC57 reported that a total of seven schools in the South Bend school district*are participating in two separate trips to three colleges in the area, but only students who are*African-American are allowed to participate in the field trip.

Dr. G. David Moss is*the director of the African-American student/parent support department and he said “I want these third graders to have the opportunity to think of themselves as college students.”* According to The South Bend Tribune,*Moss was formerly a senior consultant with the Office of Student Affairs at the University of Notre Dame.

Parents*of different ethnic*backgrounds have raised objections to Moss’ plan to exclude students who aren’t black.

Charles Yost, a parent of one of the students,*said “We should be able to do everything together and not separate,” *and*Deirdra Mullings, who has a child participant in one of the field trips,*added “I feel like all kids should be going.”

Erika Herron is one parent who agrees with what Moss is trying to accomplish, by excluding students. Herron said “I don’t think it’s a race issue. I think they’re giving black children a chance.”

“It was not meant to be exclusionary. It was only meant to support and give these kids what they need to think positively about themselves and about their future,”
    said Moss.
    I was hired to look at the issues facing African-American kids in the South Bend Community Schools Corporation and my job specifically says that I need to develop programs and develop strategies to help these kids and their families become more successful academically.

Some students embarked on the trip Thursday, while others will be going Monday.

I can’t help but wonder how people would be acting differently if it were a ‘whites only’ field trip and black students were disallowed from participating. The ACLU and NAACP would have a field day, no doubt about it.

This double-standard that allows the segregation based on situation is what promotes*racial divide and it’s*the very thing that Martin Luther King, Jr., campaigned against. There is no such thing as “separate but equal”.

Let the school district plan whites only field trips and let's see if Erika expresses that same opinion about not thinking it's a race issue.

17. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,010 Times in 8,569 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 498 Times in 487 Posts

Cyprus automatically played that race card assuming that all the things he listed as happening to black happened due solely to race. Cyprus doesn't have a problem with racism when it's blacks being racist.