Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Liberal solution to the homeless. Let them camp in YOUR backyard!!

1. #61 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,685 Times in 2,733 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 707 Times in 647 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    There are national, state and local reasons why poverty and homelessness exists. Democrats have dominated this state for years so since it is important to you try and frame the issue as Republicans fault only, I'm pointing out the facts to you.

I've read plenty on our country's history. I've read plenty on world history. At no time has there ever not been hungry and homeless folks.

We have the highest poverty rate in the country in California. What has our compassion and empathy done for us so far in that regard?
    Sorry, boo boo........you can never point out a fact to me as long as you support the right wing ideology. They don't even deal in reality.

However, I can point out a fact to you......racist white men have been in power and in charge of this country since they stole it from the native Americans. What ever stage we are at, however our society is.....it's because of them. They are still governing as they did decades ago. Nothing has changed, they have not evolved, and they are doing every thing they can to keep control.....which is mostly oppression.

Like I said, you are not ready to discuss the real root of the problem. You're simplistic view of red and blue states leads me to that conclusion.

2. #62 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,679 Times in 16,485 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 585 Times in 561 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dick from the Internet View Post
    So you think there is something unseemly about giving someone a job doing "dirty work?"
    I can see that went right over your head.

3. #63 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

And TTQ, since this subject is on homelessness I posted a thread last week on housing in California which you participated in and was about rich liberals in LA wanting to prevent new development. We have the same issue in the Bay Area. All these liberals who vote for Democrats yet don't want new development because it affects their neighborhoods.

We have a homeless and housing crisis in California and 'right wing ideology' says build more housing but California left-wing ideology says don't. We see the results.
    *SIGH* and I told you then the root of the problem is capitalism. ...GREED!

CA didn't create the Real Estate market that made housing unaffordable........people like your current President did. .....you know the racist white man with power.

CA didn't close hospitals to help the mentally ill and/or drug addicted who are a majority of the homeless........people like your other President Reagan did......your know the racist white man with power.

CA didn't start the war that led to hundreds and thousands of homeless vets ....people like your other President did.....NIXON.....you know the racist white man with power.

Look, I'm not naïve to fall for the right wing projection of their racism onto others.

You can blame who you want, connect the dots how you want......doesn't make it a fact......

The undisputed facts are clear in our American History.

4. #64 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,361 Times in 14,089 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TTQ64 View Post
    *SIGH* and I told you then the root of the problem is capitalism. ...GREED!

CA didn't create the Real Estate market that made housing unaffordable........people like your current President did. .....you know the racist white man with power.

CA didn't close hospitals to help the mentally ill and/or drug addicted who are a majority of the homeless........people like your other President Reagan did......your know the racist white man with power.

CA didn't start the war that led to hundreds and thousands of homeless vets ....people like your other President did.....NIXON.....you know the racist white man with power.

Look, I'm not naïve to fall for the right wing projection of their racism onto others.

You can blame who you want, connect the dots how you want......doesn't make it a fact......

The undisputed facts are clear in our American History.
    Capitalism has brought more people out of poverty that any other economic system created. Should we run through the mass amounts of killings done by folks like Stalin, Lenin, Mao and Pol Pot all in the name of "the people"?

What war did Nixon start?

With all due respect I don't think you understand how markets work. Developers want to build. People in power don't allow it. The anti-development Prop in LA was voted on by the people. Same thing in the Bay Area. This is the community making these decisions.

5. #65 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,472 Times in 1,090 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 278 Times in 249 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Text Drivers are Killers View Post
    Portland says it's voluntary but we all know how that works. If the city asks and you say no, they put your name on THE LIST of homeowners who the police and fire dept will not respond to,
    you forgot to mention that the home owners will be paid monthly rent and that the backyard residences will be provided by the city with all utilities installed at no additional charge to the homeowner.

as for your slanderous statement regarding city services, do you have any proof?
    I pledge allegiance to the constitution of the United States of America as amended by the legislative and executive branches and interpreted by the Supreme Court

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Don Quixote For This Post:

Rune (03-22-2017)

7. #66 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,432 Times in 12,044 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,699 Times in 1,647 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by domer76 View Post
    Go to Planned Parenthood. Stand at the front door. Volunteer to adopt all the potential kids.
    Now, see that's the liberal way.
    Demand that everyone else do something, while they do nothing.
    SEDITION: incitement of resistance to or insurrection against lawful authority.

8. #67 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

there are no right wingers in power in California. Why do we have the highest poverty rate in the country here? Why do we have so much wealth and so much poverty here? Why are so many poor being forced to move out of our state?

You act like liberals in our state can't be greedy.

Do you think Portland and the state of Oregon are run by right-wingers?
    You have to be one of the most centered person I know.
    You live in the Holy Mecca of Liberals and yet you are able to bitch slap them, when they show their stupidity.

BRAVO

9. The Following User Says Thank You to USFREEDOM911 For This Post:

cawacko (03-21-2017)

10. #68 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,472 Times in 1,090 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 278 Times in 249 Posts

Capitalism has brought more people out of poverty that any other economic system created. Should we run through the mass amounts of killings done by folks like Stalin, Lenin, Mao and Pol Pot all in the name of "the people"?

With all due respect I don't think you understand how markets work. Developers want to build. People in power don't allow it. The anti-development Prop in LA was voted on by the people. Same thing in the Bay Area. This is the community making these decisions.
    he left out the bush war with Iraq...another white man who started a war ... and it was not Nixon that started Vietnam is was kennedy/Johnson two more white men
    I pledge allegiance to the constitution of the United States of America as amended by the legislative and executive branches and interpreted by the Supreme Court

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America

11. #69 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Capitalism has brought more people out of poverty that any other economic system created

One of the biggest lies ever told. That's right up there with the lie of religion.

With all due respect, only a simple mind would believe that.

12. #70 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Again, you act as if poverty started when Dems took total control in recent years here in CA. You do realize that the republicans have been in control of CA in the past right?

Anyway.....That's not the root of the problem, it's just something simple minds deflect to when they run from their own racist ideology.

The fact that you think poverty and homelessness is a states issues let's me know you are really clueless cawacky.

I would suggest you read up on how this country was built, but I don't think you really want to accept the truth.

This country has been governed by the right for decades. The dems have been compromising, working with, reaching across the aisle to placate the racist agenda of greed, violence and power under the guise of being bi-partisan.

The problem is, every aspect of the political spectrum from the right is based on racism, greed, power and violence. It should be rejected without compromise. The best thing that happened to this country is the internet. Now people can see how they have been duped by the right and are now holding Dems responsible for extending that olive branch to oppression.

Americans have been fooled by so called "CONservative" values and are now realizing things need to change.

It doesn't start with who's in office in CA, it starts with right wing ideology.
    Cool story Bro, even if it was full of liberal fail.

13. #71 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Don Quixote View Post
    he left out the bush war with Iraq...another white man who started a war ... and it was not Nixon that started Vietnam is was kennedy/Johnson two more white men
    I'm a she.....

It was actually started by Eisenhower and Nixon was Vice President.

Doesn't change the fact that they were racist white men in power.
    Last edited by TTQ64; 03-21-2017 at 03:28 PM.

14. #72 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Sorry, boo boo........you can never point out a fact to me as long as you support the right wing ideology. They don't even deal in reality.

However, I can point out a fact to you......racist white men have been in power and in charge of this country since they stole it from the native Americans. What ever stage we are at, however our society is.....it's because of them. They are still governing as they did decades ago. Nothing has changed, they have not evolved, and they are doing every thing they can to keep control.....which is mostly oppression.

Like I said, you are not ready to discuss the real root of the problem. You're simplistic view of red and blue states leads me to that conclusion.
    And
    Whoop there it is
    Whoop there it is

She played it.

15. #73 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,361 Times in 14,089 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Capitalism has brought more people out of poverty that any other economic system created

One of the biggest lies ever told. That's right up there with the lie of religion.

With all due respect, only a simple mind would believe that.
    Pretty good article from The Economist on this exact issue.

The world’s next great leap forward
    Towards the end of poverty

Nearly 1 billion people have been taken out of extreme poverty in 20 years. The world should aim to do the same again

http://www.economist.com/news/leader...rld-should-aim

16. #74 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I'm a she.....
    Explains a lot.

17. #75 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,225 Times in 2,940 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 343 Times in 329 Posts

There are national, state and local reasons why poverty and homelessness exists. Democrats have dominated this state for years so since it is important to you try and frame the issue as Republicans fault only, I'm pointing out the facts to you.

I've read plenty on our country's history. I've read plenty on world history. At no time has there ever not been hungry and homeless folks.

We have the highest poverty rate in the country in California. What has our compassion and empathy done for us so far in that regard?
    It is housing restrictions that is driving inequality.

https://www.nytimes.com/2015/11/30/o...etType=opinion
    Leviticus 19:33 And if a stranger sojourn with thee in your land, ye shall not do him wrong. 34 The stranger that sojourneth with you shall be unto you as the homeborn among you, and thou shalt love him as thyself; for ye were strangers in the land of Egypt: I am the LORD your God.